2015 Thunderstorm Thread

Lots of lightning and thunder in my neck of the woods right now. Will probably be pouring any minute. Strong line will be coming through.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Coming down it buckets now! Maybe this will get rid of the rest of the snow. :-)

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

wow, really??? NOTHING in Mansfield (Diamond Hill)...

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '15

Re: 2015 Thunderstorm Thread

No. No. No. No. No. No.

Not possible. Not again.

Armaf*&%!(inggeddan all over.

Sugar Sugar
Mar '15

oh, wait.... here it comes LOL

Mar '15

Yikes, just heard thunder. Wasn't expecting it and actually thought it was an explosion.

booms in PV

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Snow?

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Snow?!?! At 50F??? Sorry (NOT) Darrin- NO SNOW.

Mar '15

Woohoo! Spring!

Just as my little guy is going to sleep...of course.
I will say the fog was very cool this afternoon. It looked like smoke just drifting by....

Blackcat Blackcat
Mar '15

Speaking of fog, I can't believe the amount of idiots I saw driving around 5:00 with no headlights on through really thick fog. I couldn't even see them until they were about 15 ft. in front of me in the oncoming lane.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Calico - I posted in the venting thread about that - morons

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Hate to break it to you, but they are actually calling a possibility of a dusting of wet snow near dawn for the higher elevations. Had to read the headline twice, I didn't believe it!

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2015/03/moderate_to_heavy_rainfall_som.html#incart_river

was snowing lightly in h'twn at 6am. not sticking though. enough already! Don't even want to hear the s..... word!

Dansker Dansker
Mar '15

Hahaha told u guys! Snow wins!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

No snow in my yard (from last night)... and temp is above freezing. Snow LOSES. Spring has sprung- accept it Darrin!!!! 8-9 months of snowless misery for you! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Mar '15

Nope, check out the pic from long valley, snow definitely wins, wife said they are salting the roads too

Also more snow on the forecast jr.... Saturday and Wednesday!!!

Spring isn't misery, it means boat, quads, jeep, and dirt bike fun! I am a 4 seasons type guy, make the best of every one and welcome the next!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

We had some snow early this morning. Not much.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Thunder and lightning in PM last night. Wild! Cat went into hiding.

Darrin - you lose!! HAHA!!! Spring has sprung. I know they are saying snow flurries for Saturday, but that means NOTHING!!! It's over! ; )

Finally they salt the roads in LV. When there's nothing to salt. LOL!!!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

Dusting of snow this morning Ledgewood on West. 80 is fine. Actually the left lane in the Netcong area with that elevation westbound was slightly slushy.

Nope- snow LOSES here in MY YARD, MY DRIVEWAY, MY NEIGHBORHOOD, which is all I care about!

Mar '15

bby, hate to break it to you, but any snow falling IS in fact snow, no matter if it sticks or not so I still do win!

Snow in spring is just a double win!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

You can't do anything with it if it doesn't stick. NO snowmobiling for you til next December. :o

Mar '15

idk about that jr, i see that picture differently, hahahaha

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

LMAO Darrin.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Too funny Darrin!

Mar '15

Darrin, now you're just CHEATING!!! Snowmobiling OVER!!!!! HAHA!!!!!! Break out the RAIN coat!!!! The best you can do now is going' muddin'!!!

Mar '15

Luckally for me I LOVE MUDDING!!!!!!!

figured you guys would get a laugh out of a 2 minute paint session lol

(pic is my jeep)

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

I also don't know about this whole summertime means no snowmobiling, these guys think differently!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Was in Budd Lake last night around 9.. Locked my keys in the car and Petsmart closed at 9. Had to wait over an hour, no jacket, in the rain, lightning, blowing wind for AAA. AAA is great but this sucked that I had to wait out there. Was frozen lol

checkonetwo checkonetwo
Mar '15

I keep a spare plain metal key to every car I normally drive in my wallet. I recommend (if you can with your type key) going to home depot and getting a plain metal key (no plastic to make it big) made and either hide it on the car or put it in something you always take with you.

I have a 97 tahoe i bought when it had 16,000 miles in 98, and last year when I was painting the frame I noticed duct tape in the corner of one of the upper fenders. Opened it up and it was a spare key lol (not put there by me)! What I am getting at is if you find a good hiding spot I highly doubt someone will find it.

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Magnetic hide a key placed on the inside edge of a frame rail. It'll be there forever. Great for when your wife calls you at work (2 hours away) to tell you she locked the keys in the car. Easy enough for when you need it but not convenient enough that you will rely on it (and therefor it won't be there when you actually need it).

Brendan Brendan
Mar '15

Darrin, do you know if Home Depot can make magnetic keys like that for Hondas?

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Mar '15

i have not heard or a actual magnetic key, but I know they do make magnetic key boxes

http://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Hide-A-Key-Holder-Extra-Strong-Magnet/dp/B003SZ545K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1427551206&sr=8-3&keywords=magnetic+hide+a+key

Although this one is online, they sell them at almost all places that make keys

The cost of getting a spare key made and a box (under 20 bucks usually) is way less then any frustration of locking your keys in the car IMO

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Darrin - mudding looks more fun then snowmobiling. At least its not a cold weather sport. LOL!

Mar '15

I double zip tie my spare keys to the frame of my truck, works great!

JD4020 JD4020
Mar '15

Thank you Darrin!

Mar '15

There is a pretty big line of storms moving through PA right now. The eastern edge is just about to Williamsport.

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

Don't like the thought of thunderstorms but we sure need the rain! Thanks for the update, Calico...

joyful joyful
May '15

We're up into Bloomsburg by now, have been watching this all morning. I have a cat that does NOT have thunder boomers in her plans!!!

Hackettstown PD just sent out a severe thunderstorm warning until 7pm.

Darrin Darrin
May '15

Since the dog had a bath finally it will most likely rain. You're welcome:)

Blackcat Blackcat
May '15

I welcome the rain to water our new tree Lucy.

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

You named a tree? Give it a nice big, hug... HIPPIE (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '15

We need the rain...grass is starting to brown already.

emaxxman emaxxman
May '15

Let the rain take the rest of those polleny things out of the trees and wash them away too:)

Blackcat Blackcat
May '15

How and where do you get the Hackettstown PD warnings?
I work in Pburg and would love to know what is going on at home.

Thanks for your help

Wendy

Wbeleno Wbeleno
May '15

ianimal - LMAO. Lucy (short for Lucille) was planted the morning after BB King died, so we named and planted her in his honor. :-)

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

Nice one, Calico!!

May '15

https://www.facebook.com/hackettstownpd?fref=nf

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
May '15

I reluctantly withdraw my hippie epithet in that event, Calico... but it would have made more sense if you planted a maple tree (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '15

My poor husband would slit his wrists if we had one more maple tree on our property. Then I'd be planting a tree in his memory.

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

And here I was thinking it was a Lucy van Pelt "crabby" apple. ;-)

4:45 p.m. and starting to rain a bit here in Independence. I hear thunder as well. Bring it on!!!

joyful joyful
May '15

A few booms here in PM, but that's about it so far. Backyard dark, front sunny.
Cat is under the couch already. LOL!

Spoke too soon. Raining hard!

May '15

Just thunder, no rain and it will probably evaporate before it hits the ground here in Franklin.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '15

Well that was a bit disappointing.

rain in Allamuchy - I wish it had lasted longer but it really poured for a bit

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

Got down to 44F this morning in Hackettstown......where is Summer???

KMC77
Jun '15

Last I checked, the calendar still said spring.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Jun '15

Today's storm over Htown. Got my drone down and in just in time.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

Beautiful picture Rebecka.

fitter fitter
Jun '15

What a view, Rebecka!

Jun '15

The picture is gorgeous, Rebecka!

joyful joyful
Jun '15

Thanks! It really feels like you're flying when you're at the controls of this thing. I let my brother who is a pilot play with it over the weekend and he couldn't believe it... he's going to get one for himself. The views indeed are wonderful. I'm definitely getting into aerial photography.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

spectacular picture, Rebecka

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Keep an eye on the sky tomorrow, may be a tough afternoon commute!

http://www.nj.com/weather/index.ssf/2015/06/nj_could_be_a_powder_keg_for_damaging_storms_tuesday.html#incart_most-read_

bumping this up...

Wbeleno Wbeleno
Jun '15

stunning, Rebecka...............

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Rebecka what kind of drone is that?

townie14 townie14
Jun '15

Phantom 3 Pro drone.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

Bryan NC has deserted us! ; (

Jun '15

Very serious bow echo type formation of storms just reaching Bloomsburg, PA. Unless these storms break up, Warren Co. is in for a wallop!

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

When will this arrive to us, approximately? I don't know where to find the radar sites, and would probably be confused... not a weather guru... anyone know when it is expected to hit us?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

Bummer for Htown High graduation
Was hoping it would be outside

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jun '15

gorgeous pics Rebecka - any chance of getting pics of the farms on allen road from the air?

Skippy Skippy
Jun '15

You mean Donaldson's, Skippy? I don't think so, because I'm not that comfortable flying near an airport. Lots of small aircraft coming in low for their landings right over the farm. I wouldn't want to take any chances with anyone's safety.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

NWS has extended the Severe Thunderstorm Watch for our area until 11PM tonight. Originally it was only until 7 this evening.

Rebecka - go to the National Weather Service Mt. Holly Radar. You can click on composite loop, and storm velocity - these give a very accurate pic of what's happening!

Love thunderstorms! Bring it on!

sallysimpson sallysimpson
Jun '15

Me too Sallysimpson - hail would be fun! Means tomorrow will be dry - low humidity!

thanks Rebecka - I just thought it would be pretty

Skippy Skippy
Jun '15

Nothing here in PM yet.

Jun '15

How about now BBU?? Had been going quite dark, and now we have definite rain. There's a heck of a pounding right about at Mount Minsi at DWG. Family members in PA have said it was brutal going through that area. The general storm that had appeared on radar for the Philadelphia area is going south of us. I thought we were safe, but then this really bad side storm developed to the north of that. We'll see just how bad it gets, but I have a cat that now seems bi-polar. Totally on Cloud 9 being able to snuggle up with daddy for the first time in two weeks. Them screaming something about the Devil Incarnate and running for the broom closet...

Many reports of trees down in the Rt 80 area of Hope Twp as well as Blairstown per the first responder site.

Radar is currently showing the strongest part of the storm as north of Rte 80. Besides Blairstown and northern Hope, parts of Allamuchy/Tranquility look like they're next.

It's been pounding Hopatcong for a good 30 mins or so now, but seems to be slowing. Dog's hiding under the bed - poor Craven!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '15

I missed Washington again.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jun '15

Rained some for a short time. Nothing of a "storm" type at all. Nothing now.

Jun '15

Seems that the worst of it went north and south of us, as usual. We did get some lightning, thunder and heavy rain in Oxford though. It only lasted about 30 minutes.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

We really dodged a bullet today. Storm reports from around the region: http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=LSR&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

Wow, what a dud in our area. Sun was shining by 730pm.

Jun '15

I am so thankful it was a "dud" here in Washington, compared to what many other areas got...

Jun '15

Nice I just picked up a dromida quad copter.

townie14 townie14
Jun '15

Really super strong storm going through Bath right now. Makes the little quick downpour we got look like child's play. My cat already hates the world - I sure hope we don't end up in the center of this next storm or she'll tell me how she REALLY feels. It could get ugly. And the rain won't be good either...

Glad I shut my car windows!

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '15

It's coming:
http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NJZ007&warncounty=NJC041&firewxzone=NJZ007&local_place1=Oxford%20NJ&product1=Severe+Thunderstorm+Warning&lat=40.8064&lon=-74.982#.VZLowCPD_qA

I think I just lost a filling.

And my cat flipped me the bird.

the booms have not interrupted any of the catnaps here - my head -on the other hand- is pounding

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Woah, time to break out the Thundershirts.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

Hail the size of peas and cherries coming down now here in Mansfield!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

Wowza! That was a hell of a storm. Grape sized hail, pouring rain, high wind, thunder and lightning! Dropped the temperature about 10 degrees.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

holy moley - mega storm in PV........waiting for the hail

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Well that was scary..same here in Independence, Calico96. Heard a huge breaking of a tree sound, will investigate after the rains ends. The good news is that it didn't faze my animals at all! And now the sun is out...strange weather day for sure!

The fire siren went off here in town and I could hear the police and fire trucks nearby. Not sure of the location as the EMS site is down. I hope it's not too bad.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

Lost power on mt rascal

The power is out on Asbury Road. My husband says there is a tree on the power lines at the intersection of Asbury and Petersburg.

Independence Farmer Independence Farmer
Jun '15

Washington got very little of anything. Heard the thunder off in the distance towards Oxford but no high winds or hail. Did get about a minute of heavier rain and then just sprinkles and light rain. It is still sprinkling at the moment.

Jun '15

Don't be fooled by the sunshine in GM or Hackettstown. There is a secondary shower on the way according to the radar. It shouldn't be real long, and it's fairly weak rain. But if you're putting dry stuff back out on the deck, better wait. ;-)

Power outage seems wide spread in town.

That was one wild storm! It felt like a tornado came through Oakhill Village. No power and the police scanner says trees, wires, and transformer fires all over. Looks like Power will be out for awhile.

Derek Derek
Jun '15

No power in hunters brook for the past 15 mins...

1stworldproblems
Jun '15

Power out in Hackettstown

Bonny46 Bonny46
Jun '15

So far Indy hasn't lost power. Very lucky. Now we await the next storm. It was sure a scary one 20 minutes ago.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Jun '15

It had to be a tornado- trees fell...windows broke- it was like nothing i've ever seen before.

Nosila Nosila
Jun '15

Omg!! What the heck did I just drive through about 45 min ago?!!!! It was near rt 80/panther valley
I thought i would not make it
Everything as described by others and more!!
Trees falling on cars & no where to pull over
I come here to hackettstown/Mansfield and it doesn't even look like it rained!!!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jun '15

Was at Shoprite. Some rain and lightning, thunder. Nothing major. Very short-lived storm.

Jun '15

I'm in independence and I have no power.

No po, uh-oh
Jun '15

Definitely one of the more memorable storms here in Oxford. Lost two weeping willow trees. Possible rotation...winds were out of the south southwest and quickly went around to the north northeast at which time we lost the trees. Still without power.

IT WAS INSANE

Nosila Nosila
Jun '15

No power on Russling Road.

Sun and hard rain at the same time. If that wasn't proof that nature was an emotional woman, I don't know what is. LOL.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jun '15

I am still at work. Does Willow Grove have power near the hospital? Anybody know?

Does Willow Grove have power near the hospital?

No.

Thanks!

JRT, I'm on Louis Ln right off Willow Grove...we have power.

Davis Davis
Jun '15

sun is out in Diamond hill and barely rained never mind anything else

Had to be tornado damage in countryside development was devastating

Tigerfan Tigerfan
Jun '15

Just a couple rumbles of thunder in Hackettstown. Nothing major. Was hoping for more.

Yonski
Jun '15

Anybody have pictures to share? Traffic is horrible!!!!

1stworldproblems
Jun '15

here is one

Nosila Nosila
Jun '15

another

Nosila Nosila
Jun '15

My daughter was lifeguarding at Hills of Independence. She had to call 911 for a tree fell on the telephone wires on Rt. 46 and the tree caught on fire. I am glad everyone is ok. What a crazy unexpected storm. I attached a photo. Scared me to death for I knew nothing about the storm. Verizon Wireless sent me a text that one of the phones on my plan called 911. I knew it was one of daughters that called 911, but it took me 10 mins to to get in touch with them to know they both were ok. Thank you Verizon Wireless for alerting me in seconds via text message that one of one daughters called 911! I love this feature you supply.

Jacqui Jacqui
Jun '15

Downed tree's doesn't mean there was a tornado.

I did see on the Weather Channel (yes ..the most accurate place on Earth haha) that they were focusing on Mansfield/Hackettstown saying while unlikely to occur, there was a slight rotation and we were in the pink, so anything could have happened. I live near Pandan Room, and we lost cable/internet for a few, no loss of power, but that thunder definitely shook the house. There are a lot of pictures though of a tornado in the Allentown area, so this general region did get hit pretty hard.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Jun '15

It wasnt just downed trees.....

You couln't even see outside due to rain, wind, and hail....transformers were blowing

Nosila Nosila
Jun '15

The nixle alert I got at 6:19 pm said that "Rt 46 Westbound is closed at West Stiger Street due to downed trees and wires. Avoid the area."

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '15

Made the mistake of asking my friend in panther Valley if all was ok by her. She's down the shore and has no idea what's going on. Her townhouse is on Grosbeak, any problems over there. Would like to put her mind at ease. Thanks

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

I went down Waterloo Rd / Willow Grove St from I-80. Between Bilby Rd and the Railroad tracks, lots of limbs down. South of the hospital, barely a stick on the road. Amazing what a difference even a mile makes. I live on Church St and it looks like a storm never hit here.

eje36 eje36
Jun '15

It was a miracle I made it home from work since Rate 46 W is closed. I was forced to backtrack and I drove through the development around Countryside. There were huge trees uprooted and downed power lines. I drove back N on Rte 517 made a left on Ridge Rd and came down Petersburg to Rte 46. They were turning cars around, but allowed me to cut across and up Russling Rd. Now I wonder how long before we have power.

Chickadee mobile Chickadee mobile
Jun '15

It got pretty cloudy over in Flanders......

Joe M Joe M
Jun '15

Has anybody gotten an estimated time of restoration of power?

Jun '15

Power out in White Township.

MikeL MikeL
Jun '15

WRNJ is reporting that the mayors of both Hackettstown and Independence have been told to prepare for prolonged power outages. They've stayed on the air to update as they get information.

Certainly seemed to be a narrow path through Countryside where a whole bunch of trees came down. Some by the roots, others cracked half way up.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jun '15

Found out my friends area of PV was fine

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

Here's the one on Baldwin uprooted with lines down.

this seems appropriate

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

After watching part of "Beat The Champions" out of TV boredom, I saw Fox 5 start off talking about how the National Weather Service had confirmed that a "Supercell" had hit in the Hackettstown area.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '15

If you're on FB, check out the Weatherworks page. They have a video of the creepy cloud/storm.
Hope power comes back soon for those who lost it. Up on the mountain in LV, we just had a small shower.

Blackcat Blackcat
Jun '15

Reed Timmer Stands in Front of Rotating Supercell in New Jersey

Jun 30, 2015; 7:00 PM ET This footage shows a rotating supercell with a very large wall cloud in Hackettstown, New Jersey and moving into a very populated area.

http://videowall.accuweather.com/detail/videos/trending-now/video/4331172882001/reed-timmer-stands-in-front-of-rotating-supercell-in-new-jersey?autoStart=true

Taken on route 57 in Asbury today. Ominous sky for sure.

1stworldproblems
Jun '15

Loved those trees. Tons of shade and privacy :-(

Sorry you lost your weeping willows Vic ..........
This was a very frightening storm. I scooped up my cat and took shelter in the basement.

hapiest girl
Jun '15

If you go to Twitter and just search "hackettstown" you'll see so amaIng pics and video of the storm and the aftermath. Power is still out here but after seeing the pics glad to see there were no injuries. Wow!!

Darwin Darwin
Jun '15

weird storm I live in Kenwood we got rain no wind a little thunder, I had to go up 46 about hour after the storm and was in shock the damage that is through out the town, I hope everyone is ok

Thanks Hapiest girl. Yeah the weeping willows survived super storm Sandy but today's storm did them in. We got a massive amount of rain in a very short period of time with today's storm. There was runoff on my property and surrounding properties I haven't seen in years. Pequest weather station says easily over an inch of rain in about 30 minutes time. That most likely softened up the ground to the point where the roots had no support once the big winds ripped through the area.

Hackettstown was on all the news channels. News 12 NJ was actually on E Baldwin and showed all the trees down. Said it was a "microburst". Glad no one was hurt.
We got nothing in PM. Just a little rain, with thunder and lightning for a very short time.

Jul '15

I watched the storm on radar. Besides the normal shades of green for different strength of rain, there is also yellow, orange, and red. This storm had a separate maroon color on top of red, and when it was out in Bath PA, it even had an addition light blue. I'm not sure if the blue was for the hail or not, but this storm had two whole extra levels of strength beyond even strong levels.

I also saw that rotation. It looked like the storm was over Mt Rascal and there was a full wall of rain between the hospital and there, probably about Countryside. That wall or rain was moving to the left without coming down at an angle which means it was rotation instead of plain wind. I looked up to the one side and beside some strange full sun in the middle, there was a funnel trailing horizontally to the right. I told myself that can't be because you see some of these storm chaser videos where the funnel is to the side, then gradually veers towards the ground and that's the tornado hit. Well after that video from the storm chaser, I guess it really can be after all. Never saw that cloud go towards the ground, but it was developing for real.

The radar also show how it came over the Independence/Mansfield border and this big heavy area grew instead of dispersing. From right about the Hills of Independence through Mt Rascal, over Ridge Road and then into the state park and
over Waterloo way.

We live very near the Hills Of Independence. About 4:30 yesterday afternoon the heavy rain and wind started and shortly thereafter our power went out. Downed tree on highway (46W) hitting the lines just outside the Hills of Independence. About 12:30 this morning power was resumed to our area. We rarely lose power during storms, plus this storm was very weird with Great Meadows getting hailstones and us downed trees and very high winds...

joyful joyful
Jul '15

Hackettstown featured on The Weather Channel

mohepinoke mohepinoke
Jul '15

The damage seems too extensive for there not to have been a tornado. Will an aerial survey be done?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '15

I feel the same way, Rebecka. Streets near us had trees uprooted from the ground as well as garages destroyed. This was a bad one!!

joyful joyful
Jul '15

Thinking about getting my drone over damaged areas. Anyone have any tips of what areas to fly over? Streets, neighborhoods?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '15

Rebecka: Sounds like East Prospect and East Baldwin Streets, the townhouses off Musky Ridge, and Countryside Apartments were all hit hard.

fuji
Jul '15

Thank you.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '15

Weather people said it was a "microburst" not a tornado.

We and a lot of others had trees uprooted during Superstorm Sandy and didn't have a tornado.

Jul '15

My tenant called me yesterday while we are on vacation.
I am glad everyone is ok!

heavy rain and flood warning from HPD...............

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

I think it's past already even though the alert is to 7.45pm

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jul '15

I take it back, another popped up and will hit us shortly

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jul '15

being hit - very hard - amazing amount of rain coming down

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

I stopped in downtown Washington around 10 minutes to 4 to go to the pharmacy. It was raining so hard I had to step through about 8 inches of water to get to the curb.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

What can we expect from the storm today? The news is making is sound pretty ugly again.

smilingbecs smilingbecs
Jul '15

Radar from Mt Holly showing a large band of rapidly moving storms headed our way.

An hour - maybe?

Thanks for the heads up, MAN...will start to batten down the hatches...

joyful joyful
Jul '15

Time to mow the grass again and again and again and again.

auntiel auntiel
Jul '15

HACKETTSTOWNPD: A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11:00PM(7/9/15) www.nixle.us/8PW9P Reply with a friends # to forward

townie14 townie14
Jul '15

The storms at the moment are right about Bloomsburg on radar. If it was here in an hour that would be traveling at over 100 mph. I would figure more like 1 1/2 to 2 hrs but the easy thing is to just watch the radar as it begins to come in. The initial line definitely looks like it has some strength to it, but not as much as that last one that took down all the trees.

They're on their way!!! Be careful everybody!!

yup---- getting really dark in PV.................here it comes

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

Getting very dark on Russling Road too. Decided to take my dog out about an hour earlier than normal.

first boom 7:22

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

And it has started..to rain. .again.

First booms in Hopatcong now too 7:48pm

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '15

that was fast and fairly unimpressive

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

Wowza! Heavy rain, lightning and thunder in Oxford right now and the the radar shows worse to come in the next 1/2 hour or so.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

7:30 a.m. here in Independence and it is pouring as well. Lots going on in Hackettstown today with the farmer's market and sidewalk sales...Hope this is over with quick so we can get out and enjoy the day!

joyful joyful
Jul '15

I think I understand the term "rolling thunder" a bit more clearly now.
My cat does too, as he hides under the covers!

Jul '15

I hope it rains all day!

cupcake
Jul '15

Another round of storms are currently moving into our area from the northwest. Get ready!

And I thought this morning's thunder was crazy ... this next round looks bad.

I just came in from PA ahead of this thing. Lightning strikes left and right. My little Ninja Kitty is not gonna be happy at all.

Storms appear to be fizzling fast on radar currently especially up in Sussex County. Not as impressive as earlier in PA.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.