Boulders at truck parking on 517

Huge boulders now block off the small truck parking spot across from mars on 517. Why? Where are these truckers now going to park and catch a snooze? They were never a problem.

The area was also used as a smoking place for Mars employees. Lol

civilguy80
Mar '15

they are now further up on 517 in Allamuchy!

The cops were mad the trucks took their parking spot. lol

I'm sure it was because the trucks idled overnight, with countryside apartments right there I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner

My DH use to sell hot dogs from there but the owner of the property was not happy due to liability issues.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Now where will the police sit after dark to run the speed trap for vehicles coming down the hill??

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

Re: Boulders at truck parking on 517

Does that property belong to the bank (that's what it looks like on Google maps if you trust their property boundaries)?

They probably didn't want the trespassing / liability of people using that part of their land.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '15

I'm glad it's blocked off. Sometimes you couldn't see around those guys when turning out of old allamuchy rd.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Mar '15

Most of it belongs to the town

let's be honest now
Mar '15

According to public records, all 7 acres of that plot at 811 High Street the bank is on is owned by a property management company called "Makor Inc".

Yup. And the town owns many feet each side of all roads. In that area it includes all of the area between the rocks and the road.

let's be honest now
Mar '15

Yeah the rocks are on the property line, but the trucks were parking well onto the bank (or its holding company) land.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '15

Could be the same reason they closed a lot of the truck stops on route 80 many years ago.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Mar '15

Well, if you want to be all technical about it (and it sounds like you do) 517 is a county road so the road and any right of way would be owned by the county, not the town.

Just sayin'.....

gadfly gadfly
Mar '15

Private property, what is the issue? I am sure they are paying taxes on this land...

Actually the area is on Old Allamuchy road which is a town street once you are south of the old canal.

let's be honest now
Mar '15

Re: Boulders at truck parking on 517

If this was a town/county thing, you'd probably just see "No Parking" signs, not the cost of placing boulders and what looks like planting grass on the far side.

The boulders are right along the property line (within Google's accuracy). Even with the easement on either side of the road, the trucks were parking well off of any public property.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '15

Unless we're talking about different places, the short end is along Old Allamuchy and the long end is along 517. No?

gadfly gadfly
Mar '15

"the short end is along Old Allamuchy and the long end is along 517"

Yes, that intersection, just south of the BP gas station.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '15

What's the big deal here? the property owners just don't want trucks parking there, that's their business. I wouldn't either.

ExTownie
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.