Old Sears Hardware/New Marshalls Location

I drove by there last night and noticed that it's completely ripped apart and even the inside is visible. Does anyone know what's being put in there?

Stephanie
Mar '15

Marshalls is moving there

irisheyes irisheyes
Mar '15

Marshalls

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

Thanks! :)

Stephanie
Mar '15

Does anyone know the opening date?

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Mar '15

I heard august

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '15

I was told Marshall's also, sometime this summer. They did not renew the other location's lease. I'm hoping they add a Home Goods Store too. Like they did in Newton and Phillipsburg.

NJKID1010 NJKID1010
Mar '15

I would like to see a JCPenney store but I think the Marshalls store location is too small.

Mar '15

JCP is closing stores not opening new ones

outsider outsider
Mar '15

Thanks JR and NJKid1010...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Mar '15

What's happening then with the old Marshalls location?

LisaL2 LisaL2
Mar '15

I was hoping for something a little more exciting then Marshalls! :-(

Painkiller Painkiller
Mar '15

is it Mars-halls or Mar-shalls? :-)

blah blah bouy
Mar '15

Yay!! Marshalls!! Always said Marshalls should move to Mansfield area. They will do great here

Debbie G Debbie G
Mar '15

I know that outsider! I was just saying that's what I would like.

Mar '15

Hope it is like the one in Chester. Big store with lots of good items.

A good day
Mar '15

Its the same one as the one in Htown. Will be no different.

Mar '15

I still find it kinda' funny that some people think hackettstown and mansfield are 2 different places... on a MAP they are, of course, but in reality it's all the same "town"... you don't go shopping "in hackettstown" and then "drive out mansfield" to go shopping lol

Marshalls is just moving "across town"....

Mar '15

yes the old sears will be gutted and a new steak and skate will be coming to town.steak and skate is big on the west coast.this will be the first pilot restaurant on the east coast.

eton pace eton pace
Mar '15

Eton- do u mean steak and shake?

Lvmom Lvmom
Mar '15

It can't be Stake and Shake, they have never had one open in California. If you Google the name Eton noted it comes up with a bogus Facebook page with no info. Not sure if the name refers to skating or the fish skate LOL. Maybe to poster can enlighten us if is a real post.....

Geesh bby2 calm down

outsider outsider
Mar '15

The marshals space would make a nice dance club Hackettstown needs a night life

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Mar '15

Ratable moves from Hackettstown to Mansfield too. Hope something new goes in to the old space.

hktownie hktownie
Mar '15

The matter of the ratable is incorrect. The building is not being demolished, so there is no change in the ratable.

Maybe Lowe's is expanding.

copygirl copygirl
Mar '15

Outsider - what are you talking about?

JR - they are 2 different towns. I live in Port Murray, Mansfield township and pay taxes to Mansfield township, not Hackettstown. And yes, I and others do say "I went out to Hackettstown today to Lowes and then came back to Mansfield to go to SRite".
Where do you live JR?

Mar '15

I find it kinda funny when people use the phrase 'in reality' and then say something that isn't real.

brown bear
Mar '15

I whould love a Bed and Bath or a Michaels go in the old Marshalls location.

Quarno
Mar '15

I would like to see a micheals also

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '15

I'm curious as to why Marshalls is leaving - rent prices most likely. Is the new location much larger?

We need a petsmart or petco, a craft store, possibly another clothing store.

checkonetwo checkonetwo
Mar '15

Yes much Bigger. The one now is so Small you can fit into the Newton Marshalls.

Quarno
Mar '15

There's a Michaels not too far away in the Trade Zone, but some competition would be nice, like an A.C. Moore in the old Marshalls location.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

Checkonetwo -- we HAVE a Petsmart - isn't that a Petsmart next to Coldstone?

Heidi Heidi
Mar '15

Thats PetValue

Mar '15

A fabric stock included craft store would be great to have in the area. Michael's doesn't really carrying anything like that.

ladeevee ladeevee
Mar '15

Yes, I really miss the Joann's that used to be in the mall. I'd love that back.

Aquarius Aquarius
Mar '15

as long as its not another thrift shop....

Old School
Mar '15

Twenty more thrift shops, please.

fuji
Mar '15

There is a very nice new PetValu store across from Ruby's Tuesdays - we don't need a PetSmart or a Petco. PAL has some very nice adoptable cats over there.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Mar '15

I just hope the doors at the new Marshalls work better (faster) than the old doors at the current Marshals.... I keep walking into them because they don't open fast enough! LOL

Mar '15

Maybe a large nail salon? Maybe a large check cashing location?

Redwing
Mar '15

Another nail salon? Please!

Mar '15

That's the last thing this town needs, more nail salons !! I agree, some kind of fabric shop would be nice, yarn, etc. Really miss the Joann's we used to have here. I think we have enough Thrift shops, I frequent them, but think we have enough.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Mar '15

A descent restaurant would be nice. Although I haven't tried Tap House yet. Hope its better then Bensi

Mar '15

When my son worked for Marshalls years ago, the store stayed in the same building when Lowes moved in bc Marshalls had a 27 years lease with the owner of the building..Wondering if maybe that lease is now up? Looking forward to a better store set-up in the new building.

Isn't Marshall's where the old movie theater used to be?

fuji
Mar '15

Too bad it can't be a big nail salon, pizzaeria, and check cashing store in one. That would be awesome.

Derek Derek
Mar '15

The current Marshall's location used to be Shelby's. It's close to the old movie theater but not exactly there.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Mar '15

I'm betting a pharmacy will replace Marshalls next to Lowes.

Agust Agust
Mar '15

so no really know what is going on in the old sears store, everyone is just guessing nice

saak,

NO... MARSHALLS is moving into the old sears store. No one knows what, or if, anything will be moving into the old Marshals location.

Mar '15

The new location is better like the Chester Marshalls. What will go in the current location, an odd piece of commercial space to fill...

@Outsider - what are you talking about?

JR - they are 2 different towns. I live in Port Murray, Mansfield township and pay taxes to Mansfield township, not Hackettstown. And yes, I and others do say "I went out to Hackettstown today to Lowes and then came back to Mansfield to go to SRite".
Where do you live JR?

It's true--- My drivers license and all my credentials say Mansfield Township, NJ 07840.

ENOCH ENOCH
Apr '15

Mine say Port Murray 07865 and I live in Mansfield Township. Mansfield is not 07840.

Apr '15

ENOCH what are you talking about? Did you not read the earlier posts?

outsider outsider
Apr '15

Your zip code depends on what Post Office delivers your mail. It is your mailing address not your location for tax purposes. The new location for Marshall 's will be in Mansfield township but they will still have a Hackettstown mailing address because the Hackettstown PO will deliver their mail. This seems to confuse a lot of people especially when it comes to taxes, schools and jury duty.
Marshall 's is moving from Hackettstown to Mansfield Township. Their zip code will still be 07840.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Apr '15

Yeah, my driver's license and all my credentials say Hackettstown, NJ, 07840.

Do I live in Hackettstown? No.

Do I even live in Warren County? No.

So there you go.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '15

Ditto, Aquarius. My old home and my new home are both Hackettstown addresses, neither are Hackettstown or Warren County. Wish some of the other post offices would pick up the slack. It would be nice if my address accurately represented where I live.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Apr '15

So there is a sign where the old sears was that says Marshalls. I will be boycotting that store now like I do BK for moving their coorperate HQ to Canada. Now Tax money will be leaveing Hackettstown and going to Mansfield.

Just one of many reasons to boycott...

fitter fitter
May '15

Oh please. You only buy from establishments in Hackettstown?

emaxxman emaxxman
May '15

What tax money???lol

Philliesman Philliesman
May '15

CJ - where exactly do you shop if you won't buy anything where revenue doesn't leave this country. Just curious because I agree with your sentiment but find it nearly impossible to abide by.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
May '15

Maybe someone from the BID can chime in about what's happening to the spot when Marshalls relocates.

As for zip codes. I live in Allamuchy and have a hackettstown mailing address. If I get certified mail I have to traverse to the Hackettstown post office, literally about 8 miles because there's nothing out here.

Neither Hackettstown nor Mansfield get tax money from Marshalls. The landlords of the building pay property tax whether they have a tenant or not.

Last I heard Lowes was thinking of expanding into the old Marshal's spot.

Darwin Darwin
May '15

What business would want to be recessed with no windows and next to the Lowes pickup area? Very good idea for Lowes to expand into the space...

If Lowes gets any bigger they will need another zip code :>)

mistergoogle mistergoogle
May '15

It would be nice to have a bowling alley. I don't even bowl but it would be something for teens and young adults to do at night. Washington and ledgewood aren't far but they are far enough. Maybe it can also allow for a bowling team in the local schools.

wonderinghere wonderinghere
May '15

hmm the "New Marshalls" is called Marshalls Jr

Brad2
May '15

Thought the sign said Coming Soon Marshalls?

May '15

"something for teens and young adults to do at night"

I would like to see the look on the face of today's teens when the adults announce they have solved their boredom problem by getting a bowling alley in town. Legdgewood was torn down 15 years ago already. It's been more than 30 years or more since that would be a place for teens to go. It's not 1957 anymore.

But it would be nice GC, may be pretty empty, but it would be nice for us old folks.

Bessie Bessie
May '15

I bet a bowling alley would do well with the younger (early 20's with some teens mixed in) crowd. I'm 44 now but I used to when I was younger (still can't understand why my average was lucky to break 80 for the night.)

There is a retro arcade in Red Bank that is really popular with all of the kids. It's just a safe place for kids to hang out and that drives the popularity more than anything else.

emaxxman emaxxman
May '15

There's a bowling alley in Washington. 10 miles from Hackettstown.

Maybe if the H'town High kids went there and mingled with the Warren Hills High kids, there wouldn't be such a rivalry between them.

May '15

It's funny about the bowling thing.I was cutting my lawn last week on a Saturday and a guy with a bunch of kids in van stopped me and asked where the closest bowling was .His gps was showing a bowling alley on Willow Grove Street loll....

Has anyone heard an opening date?
Thank you.

A parent
Aug '15

A Parent: Yes, I was in the old Marshalls store the other day and the sales associate told me they would be opening the new store (old Sears store) September 3rd.

joyful joyful
Aug '15

Circle Lanes in Ledgewood is being renovated.
And that "retro arcade" is Silver Ball Museum- not a real hang out- unless you pay to go in. It is loads of fun but it's not free.

Blackcat Blackcat
Aug '15

The retro-arcade is Yestercades. Yes, you have to pay to get in but it's "play all you want" for a set hourly fee. Every time I've been down there, the place is packed.

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '15

Duh- Red Bank...I "saw" Asbury Park. Oops...

Blackcat Blackcat
Aug '15

Marshalls store will open on Sept 3rd @8am. Give aways raffles and much more will be there on grand opening day.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.