Lost Black Poodle - Happy Tails - (FOUND)

Black poodle named Roxie was dropped off at Happy Tails today for puppy daycare. Was told she "ran away" when went to pick her up. Please look out for her in the Route 46/Highlands area. Thank you so much!

Roxie's Mom Roxie's Mom
Mar '15

Is this Roxie from Oak Hill?

bowie bowie
Mar '15

They didnt call you to let you know? Uncalled for.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

Oh my god!!!! I hope they are out looking for her.

I can help look for her tomorrow.

Can you also post a picture

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

What? Told at pick up? That seems odd....

A group of people were chasing an animal up and down Route 46 and in and out of yards near Happy Tails around 4:00 this afternoon. I wasn't close enough to see what they were chasing or if it was captured. Hopefully it was Roxie and she has been caught and will soon be returned to you!

I will keep a look out. You must be absolutely distraught, Roxie's Mom.

Chickadee Chickadee
Mar '15

Yes. That was Roxie they were chasing.

Roxie's mom Roxie's mom
Mar '15

Here's a picture.

Roxie's mom Roxie's mom
Mar '15

The picture is not there.

Re: Lost Black Poodle - Happy Tails - (FOUND)

Try again

Roxie's mom Roxie's mom
Mar '15

How old is she?

janster janster
Mar '15

Prayers to at Francis she is found safe soon!

Molly
Mar '15

Damn, my last Poodle loved to wander; had to watch her like a hawk.

Poodles are smart. She'll find her way home. Or HL will find her. I hope the kennel sent people out to help you look.

I live right behind Happy Tails and will be looking out for her!!! I hope you get her back SOON!!

A poodle this size could easily travel 2-3 miles away...

I too saw Roxie running down 46. Quite a few people stopped and tried to catch her.

Ericf29 Ericf29
Mar '15

Can anyone please indicate which direction she was running, or where at all she was last seen or headed? For those of us who want to help look? Thank you.

Praying for her safety and quick return to her family.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

I guess the missing Greyhound from Byram was found since all the postings seem to have been deleted - that's good.

Poodles have one of the best smell sense of any of the dog breeds, which is one reason they've been used as Truffle hunters in the past. I'd put a piece of clothing with the owner's scent right at Happy Tails to help lead her back there where hopefully they'll have better luck luring her (which is normally better than chasing, since they usually think "chasing" is a game). If the roads aren't too nasty after work tomorrow and she still hasn't been found, I'll head up that way after work. Which way do the owner(s) live from the kennel area? I'd explore the path from the kennel towards her "home" area, since that may be the most likely path she'd try to take.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

Keep us updated, I'll look out for her when I'm out clearing snow tomorrow.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Mar '15

Best way to get her is to follow tracks.

villani villani
Mar '15

I don't think that's the best way to go. Too many foot prints already .

janster janster
Mar '15

@Rebecka - the last place I saw her was in the yard of the house to the left of Happy Tails if you were standing on Route 46 looking at the business. She was headed thru the backyard toward Russling Road.

Phil D. the greyhound from Byram found his way home himself to his ecstatic relieved family!!

Molly
Mar '15

Any updates?

Mar '15

Thank you everyone. She was spotted last night on Russling Road. Hopefully we'll find her today.

Roxie's Mom Roxie's Mom
Mar '15

The Italian grey hound showed up on the owners front porch in the morning. He is home safe and sound! I pray Roxy has the same happy ending. I am sure she will.

Is this Roxy who lives in Oak Hill?

Whats Happy Tails doing to help find her?

Mar '15

Roxi was behind my house last night around 10:45. I went out and before I could do anything she took off heading behind the other houses going up Russling Rd. The ACO just put a trap in my yard. I'll will watch the trap and watch for her. I live a few houses up from Best Fruit Farm.

I have spoken to her owner and Roxie has a microchip but doesn't have her collar on. She is making up flyers as well.

We spent over two hours driving around this morning, no sign of her but spread the word to anybody that we drove by! Continued prayers for her safe return.

Molly
Mar '15

Seems Roxie is smarter then the folks running Happy Tails. I hope she is found safe and sound, and very soon!

hktownie hktownie
Mar '15

I also hope that Happy Tails is out looking for her.

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

After the dog incident at field of dreams last year, I refuse to ever bring my dog back to Happy Tails. Now that Roxie has run away, I hope everyone that boards or leaves their dogs there, thinks twice about how they run the establishment.
I hope Roxie is found safe and returned home soon.

Linda Linda
Mar '15

What happened last year?

From the original post: " Was told she "ran away" when went to pick her up. "

When WHO went to pick her up?

It seems everyone is assuming this is the fault of Happy Tails, but it's not clear to me that Happy Tails is at fault. I've never been in there, but I pass their fenced yard on 46 all the time. I'd hate to see erroneous assumptions impact their business - if they are erroneous.

I realize your priority is getting your dog home safe and sound. At some point, can you clarify how she got away and if there was/was not fault of Happy Tails?

I'll keep my eye out for her on my trips through. Be sure to LEAVE YOUR WORN CLOTHING out in the area of Happy Tails. Dogs will be drawn to the scent of their owners. Throw down some clothing you wore this week that you don't mind parting with.

Good luck, and prayers for your pup's safe return. I'll be out looking later today.

snowster
Mar '15

Sounds like she may have slipped her collar since she reportedly doesn't have one on now.

I'm not far from Happy Tails and will keep an eye out for her when I'm out and about. Especially when I'm walking my own dog, is she friendly with other dogs? Especially large dogs?

Hope she's found soon. Keep us updated.

Lynnada Lynnada
Mar '15

Linda, your loss. My dog and every dog I see there everyday is extremely well cared for.

Everyone stop blaming Happy Tails before knowing the full story. Do you really want to bash someone's business based on assumptions? Quite ignorant IMO. AND, why does everyone always have to point a finger. Accidents happen and complaining about it doesnt get you any closer to a solutionn.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

I don't know who is at fault.You would have to talk to the owner directly.When I arrived there a little after 4 o'clock,Roxie was already gone.She slipped out the front door at 3 '45.
o clock.All I care about is to get my dog back save and sound.I am sure the owner tries and works very hard to get Roxie back.

manuela quick manuela quick
Mar '15

Does she have a favorite type of treat(s)? Maybe those of us in the immediate surroundings could put it out and tempt her over.

ladeevee ladeevee
Mar '15

+1 Linda
Horrible incident last year. I would never bring a pet there.

villani villani
Mar '15

Hope she is found soon. I'm just concerned that they didn't call you to let you know she ran off. Did someone that works there go after her? All these questions need to be answered before someone else considers leaving their pet there. Myself included.

Mar '15

Did the Russling/Tannery/46 loop several times. Then went up and down 46; then continued home slowly/looking via Russling. No dog or prints. Anyone see any prints? She needs to leave us a clue of where she is today. :-(

Still praying for her safe return.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Thank you villani for agreeing with me. Jazzykat feels it's my loss by taking my dog out of that place, but in fact it's their loss.

Linda Linda
Mar '15

Tim just called,he is on to something.He tracked her,she is up on the mountain.Hope he can catch her today.Will keep you posted.He has been out looking for her all day.

Mar '15

The owner of happy tails should be going above and beyond to get that dog home safely. If folks here saw her hours later on tussling rd, she's obviously still close by. Maybe its time to find another line of work.

ravi
Mar '15

What does any of that have to do with finding and helping this little dog?

honey badger honey badger
Mar '15

Honey badger.... Resources, which is eberything.

Concerned in hkt
Mar '15

Linda get off your high horse.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

Concerned... I'm talking about all the fingerpointing....

honey badger honey badger
Mar '15

How can I help...is there anyone that I can contact to talk about going out there and looking for her, like is there a search group?

Lea25
Mar '15

Rebecka

We may have passed each other while searching since I was doing that loop as well as up around the top of the mountain on Limonite, etc. I was able to look between 4 and 5:15 before I had to head home. I just wish one of us had been able to spot her. I thought I saw a flash of a dark tail a couple of times by the small engine repair place just up from Best's, but when I backed up as well as on my other go rounds I didn't see anything more. Sadly there were a number of people charging up and down the hill like they were running away from a fire, including a car or two tailgating the ones charging up the hill. I just signaled, moved over and let anyone coming from behind go by in a place that had good distance visibility.

I hope she's found soon!

By the way, thanks "Molly" and "me" for letting me know that the Greyhound made it home safely.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

I just received an up date from the ACO. Roxie was spotted in the area of Roosevelt and Harvey St in Hackettstown. Looks like she went over the mountain. She is lost and very confused. Kim Bennett has been informed so she knows this information. Please if your in that area keep an eye out. I have been in contact all day with Roxie's owner and she is worried sick. Phil D. I live on Russling and sadly that's how most cars go up and down this road. Very scarey at times!!

Roxy is so sweet and playful. She lives in my development. Her and my pup have made friends. Stay strong Roxy's mom. There are a lot of people praying for her safe return.

I live on Russling too and have been watching out for Roxy. The police used to sit in driveways on Russling to catch the speeders but haven't seen them do that in quite a while. Will continue to keep an eye out for Roxy and pray she is found real soon.

I'm going to head down Russling now and drive around those streets. I'll bring a snack...for Roxie.

Roxie is now in Harvey street Hackettstown.She is in fight and flight and will not come to anyone including me.I am heading out to this area tomorrow hoping she will come because she is hungry.Tim tracked her down to this area today .He is waiting for a new sighting.As soon as I know I will post it.So many thanks
Roxie Mom

Mar '15

it may be a long shot, but if Roxie has been sighted, maybe someone can bring their dog to where she is. Idk if she's other dog friendly or not though. I know when my dog got loose a few times, I asked my friends who had dogs to help because my dog would go up to them and want to check out the other dogs and that's how I would be able to grab him. because if he saw me or anyone he knew and tried to chase him down, it was like a game to him and he'd just run further.
Hopefully this may help. I'd bring my pup out to help, but I'm stuck at work:(

nogo
Mar '15

The owners of Happy Tails Inn are great people that are great with the animals. We have been going there daily for daycare for the last 5 years. We see how the animals are treated. Sometimes accidents happen why do people down someone or someone for an accident. Tim has been out since it happened looking for the dog. But if the owner states herself that the dog ran from her how can he be blamed. I have no problem taking my boy there, and will continue to do the same as we have for the last 5 years.

That is a great idea Nogo

No sight of Roxie, but others are looking, so I hope they have better luck.

I have a tiny, gregarious poodle that Roxie might come to. Roxie's mom - should I bring him when I look for her? It might help to lure her in, as suggested above?

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

I will be out in the morning looking

Nosila2 Nosila2
Mar '15

Roxie's mom told me this morning that Roxie loves other dogs, and loves to play with them. So maybe that would help. I have posted it on all the Facebook yard sales site that I belong to in this area as well as on my page and between the 2 it has been shared about 100 times! So the word is out there. I just wish I could of got her last night when she was in my yard :(

OK so where is the latest sighting? I will head out

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

I haven't heard any updates since last night around 7. That was Roosevelt and Harvey st in Hackettstown. I hope she's found today.

I'm meeting the owner at 1pm to help look. I'm hopping she's caught. Poor thing is frightened.

Rebecka your poodle would be perfect to lure her.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

I hope that Roxie is found soon - but wanted to say that I have had nothing but good experiences with my dog at happy tails

pmnsk pmnsk
Mar '15

I'm with the owner now looking

Nosila2 Nosila2
Mar '15

I went out for a while- It's sooo hard because there are soooo many tracks.

There were paw prints going to the animal auction but then the tracks would just stop.

I told Roxie's Mom to go home....She is exhausted and it's not safe for her to be driving around. So she was going home to make up new posters.

I think the best thing to do is to spread the word....she isnt going to come to any of us if we do see her.

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

I woke up this morning and heard a noise. @6am. looked out my front door and saw dog tracks to my front door. They are not my dogs and they were not there when we went to bed at midnight or 3am. I am in Valleyview Woods. Going to put some doggie snacks our and look around. We are very close to Auction.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Was out looking this morning we did not see anything.

cheyennes mom cheyennes mom
Mar '15

I have made up a lot of posters.No sightings of Roxie yet

Mar '15

My daughter just saw Roxie on rt 46 by best fruit farm she couldn't catch her. 2:15 on Saturday

jefferson03 jefferson03
Mar '15

She's just going to keep on running further, and further if she keeps getting chased. If spotted, call owners or ac immediately.

villani villani
Mar '15

Maybe the police could help. Have they been called?

Roxie is back at behind the Happy kennel.She is getting hungry.Tim has created a tracking experience that leads to a trap with her fav.foods and treats and a blanket with cents of Mom.Hopefully she will eat and get trapped to be safely going home.I thank all the special fiendly people today to have gone above and beyond to help me find my precious Roxie.

Mar '15

I would suggest that no one go up there- It will only scare her away.

I would tell them to leave a door open to allow her to come back in when she is ready

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

That's awesome!! Hopefully people won't go over there trying to get the dog, just to scare it off. The trap should work. Good luck!

villani villani
Mar '15

Glad she's still nearby and hope she goes in the trap soon.

Lynnada Lynnada
Mar '15

I looked for her all day in and near Harvey St. and Valleyview Woods. Saw so many dog tracks. No sight of her. Hope she makes it home soon.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

I hung the lost poster at the ShopRite liquors and the laundromat. Quick Check wouldn't let me hang any. I will look again tomorrow and hand out more posters.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

Did they get her back yet?

""Roxie is back at behind the Happy kennel.She is getting hungry.Tim has created a tracking experience that leads to a trap with her fav.foods and treats and a blanket with cents of Mom.Hopefully she will eat and get trapped to be safely going home.""

sha44ss sha44ss
Mar '15

No as of a few minutes ago her mom told me that she wasn't in the trap they set. I was praying she'd be there this morning.

I'm going to go out and help look today, apparently she's skid dish and likely to run off, does anyone have contact info for Roxie's family? Feel free to email it to me, I don't want to chase her and risk her getting hurt.

Mar '15

Can the people at Happy Tails let some dogs out the back yard to play? Maybe Roxy will come to them.

I'm concern if too many people are chasing her, she might run out onto Rt 46. I think we should definitely get the word out though. We encountered quite a few in that neighborhood yesterday who were not aware of a lost dog.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Mar '15

Ugh I was hoping to hear she was home this morning

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

I went to buy a rotisserie chicken and hot ,her loud squeaky toy,went to Happy tails.Tim was working on a new plan already.He bought an additional dog trap and discovered fresh tracks at Carols house.Roxie was sleeping there under her shed again last night.She is warming up to this place with dogs barking and Tim placing 2 traps there today.I did not do my planned search with the chicken,because I want Roxie to have a chance to go to the house she choose to hang out.I just gave the chicken to Tim to use it for this new plan.Hope it works.I wanted it to be as quiet there as possible,so everything goes as planned to trap Roxie with the food that's her favorite
Roxie's Mom

Mar '15

I just got back from looking but no site of her. I hope the new plan and extra traps help.

shady shady
Mar '15

Maybe you can ask Carol if it would be ok for you to swing by her place sometime in the middle of the night when you think she would be sleeping. You wouldn't have to wake Carol but just peak around where she could be sleeping. Just an idea.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

I have a trap where we know she has been, next to where we think she slept, not 100% sure she did sleep there. I found her tracks all around my house today that I know wasn't there before dark yesterday. She was in my drive yesterday (as well as late Thursday night) right before she was seen by Rte 46 and Russling. She seems to be coming around after dark the most and it seems she likes my house :) . I have the trap where I can see it from a window upstairs. I am going to be checking every few hrs all night from the window. We are trying to keep everything the way it has been the last few days so not to scare her off and maybe not feel somewhat safe here. I am praying so hard and crossing my fingers that she will go in the trap. Please Roxie your mommy wants you home! Prayers and lots of them this works!

Best of luck - I hope it does work! Hopefully you can cover & move the trap indoors to a garage or something before opening it, since "fight or flight" may kick in if she's still outside and people are reaching in to try to control her. That may make her struggle enough to take off again and be even less trustful.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

Is there a search group I can get in contact with or is this just a waiting game? Anything I can do to help you guys.

Lea25
Mar '15

lea25- I think right now the best thing to do is wait. We don't want to scare her off.

She has to be getting hungry soon. However, I hate to be negative but I think a poodle is too smart to go in a trap.

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

I have covered it up with a blanket as well as put a thing of little Caesars in there as well as putting some soft dog treat in front of it and just a little bit inside of the trap. I'm praying that she is hungry and that will over power her smartness. Well that's my prayer anyway! Fingers and toes are crossed!!! Phil D believe me if she goes in that trap it will not be opened til she is in my house. lol I'm not taking any chances!!

cc- you're awesome for helping out.

I will keep waiting for the good word.

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

I know this is going to have a happy ending -just know it

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Bless you all. Manuela and i are in touch with each other and i am praying hard.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Mar '15

I pray that I have good news and SOON!!!!

Roxie and I we are so lucky and grateful to have all this kind help from wonderful caring people right here.I have a good feeling.cc Roxie is waiting to become your best friend,I think she keeps coming looking for you.I am praying hard
Roxie's Mom

Mar '15

If Roxie is hanging out in the vicinity of Happy Tails maybe when she starts seeing her friends from daycare show up she'll come out to join them. She may just take herself to daycare in the morning. The staff should try to make an effort to make the dogs visible to her. Walk them around outside a lot.

Get the feeling Roxie will be home soon!

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Mar '15

Cc...you are Roxi's angel on earth now. You were chosen for this moment with Manuela and Roxi. I am sure as i have been through this once before with my chocolate toy poodle, Lilith. i know you and you know me. I will tell you her story someday. And shes doing just great. One of Carolyn's poodles and she's 10 now. Manuela knows that she can call me in the middle of the night. Im waiting with baited breath (sp. ?!)

Mar '15

posting her pic on Facebook .... Hopefully this will help Roxy aka bing bing come home

victoria Torrisi victoria Torrisi
Mar '15

MONDAY 6:45 a.m. Roxy ran across rte 46 behind me. Was just getting light, thank God no one hit her, Please if someone could put Signs along road in that area to warn drivers to slow down & watch for her. Traffic stopped by car behind me until she was off road.
SIGNS in area would be help, I put them by fish hatchery when baby deer were feeding along 46 every day, i will try to make some up also.

Share Her info with the local shelters, Common Sense for Animals, PAL & 11th Hr. Rescue, they have very big followings on FB and do courtesy posts,Hope you all catch her soon...prayers for her and her momma.

Wendola Wendola
Mar '15

Was she on the happy tails side when she crossed?

Molly
Mar '15

Oh my God.Signs.Anybody suggest where big blank streetsigns are sold,black big marker?slow down,missing black poodle crossing?
Roxies Mom

Mar '15

She was last night. She ate all the food but I think trap that was left here is to small and when the door came down she was able to back out. If it had been an animal smaller than her it would have caught it. But the door was shut and food was gone. I checked again at 3:30 am but trap wasn't touched.

My gosh, this poor baby needs to be found ASAP!! Going out now to look! EVERYTHING possible needs to be done for her safe return.

Molly
Mar '15

I am pretty sure a rescue group or animal control can lend you a larger trap - which I'd camouflage with a blanket or something over it and something soft to walk on in it --
I know this is going to happen - I hope soonest

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

I am just now having 4 big signs made that say
slow down lost dog crossing and her picture.2 for highway 46 and 2 for russling rd in the back.

Mar '15

She is so close. Im happy there was a sighting of her this morning. Hopfully she tires out and will lose her fear of people. It would be great if someone could entice her to approach.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

I just called WRNJ and they will be announcing it twice a day.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Mar '15

ACO is getting a larger trap. But not sure if she will return here if she crossed Rte 46 this morning. I'll set it up and again make it not look like a trap. I'm going to make dinner on the grill tonight in hopes she smells it if she's in the area. She seems she was coming around here between 10-11pm. I just drove up Petersburg rd and went down Asbury rd. I didn't see any signs of her but she seems to sleep in the day and come out at night. At least I know she ate last night. I just want her found and safely returned home.

Putting out a trap that is too small will only make her afraid to go in traps! She needs a huge trap!
Posting her on rescues FB pages may only get more well intentioned people chasing her, not good. Establish feeding areas, wire trap open to get her to eat inside it then set the trap to catch her. Hopefully she will go back in a trap after it going down on her.
If people with fenced yards can leave them open in that area, closing her in a yard, garage would work too.

Hastings Hastings
Mar '15

Well if she crossed to the other side....her house is on that side. Poodle are smart and she may be working her way home.

I wish there was more that I could do. However, I don't know what to do because I don;t want to scare her away.

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

the ACO officer is getting a larger trap today. I only had what he gave me and figured it was worth a shot and better then not doing anything. Does anyone know what part of Rte 46 she was seen? Did she cross by Happy Tails? Because the poster mentioned the fish hatchery which is so far from where she has been. Then someone sent me a message they saw her in area of Happy Tails around 7ish. I'm not giving up until she is caught!

cc the poster was giving an example of where she put signs in other incident. Wendola saw her at 6:45am but did not give exact location.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

We were out again this morning for a while searching, frustrating because we weren't sure which side of rt 46 she ran to this morning. Prayers she is found soon!

Molly
Mar '15

CC just a suggestion and one you probably already know about, but when my friends dog got loose for a few days she put bacon on her grill and the smell lured the pup home. I guess even dogs can't resist bacon.. I sure hope Roxie gets home soon, can't wait to see a big "FOUND" next to the title when I log on to the site..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '15

Christine, I know I was hoping she would see these post and let us know. Roxie has been on Russling rd side of 46 side she ran away. I received a message earlier this morning saying they thought they saw her running from the area of Happy Tails back across Russling rd towards the wooded area she's been staying in. They said that was about 6:50-7a.m.

Hope you find her soon. Saw a dog get away from its owner this morning on Stephensburg Rd at Pleasant Grove. He kept trying to get her and she kept running the other way. Puppy. I was praying she didn't run out into Pleasant Grove Rd, but she did. Thank god no one was coming. Me and another car just sat there waiting for him to get her. After she ran across PG Rd onto Califon Rd, the car in front of me stopped and opened her door and the puppy ran right over to her and she grabbed her collar. The owner was so grateful. Happy ending and Im praying Roxie will be too.

Mar '15

If Roxie has been in the vicinity of Happy Tails early some mornings can the owners of H T get there really early to take the boarding dogs out for a walk. Since Roxie likes to play with other dogs maybe it will attract her before her travels begin.

If I was the owner of Happy Tails I'd spend the night there and leave the door slightly open so Roxie could come in on her own and be there watching the door. I'd have food set up far away from the door to distract her so I could run to shut.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Mar '15

My husband has been walking our dog up and down Russling Road every morning between 7 & 8 am and has not seen Roxie. Will continue to search.

If Roxie is frequenting the same area regularly (CC's home), then resuce efforts should stay focused to that one area.

From experience in capturing wayward dogs, BBQ'ing food daily at the same time every day will encourage a schedule...plus she's hungry...the BBQ smell will entice her from afar! Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Bonus! She'll know where to expect her next meal.

Leave the food in the trap, but do not set the trap. This will allow Roxie to not be suspicious of the cage (especially after a failed attempt).

You want to keep her contained to an area instead of running the roads and scavenging. You also don't want to leave food out overnight - you'll only attract skunks and opossums.

After a few days of BBQing and allowing her to eat in the cage without fear, you can set the trap.

Hickory Dog Hickory Dog
Mar '15

CC if you notice her while u r grilling u could try to entice her with the dish to come to eat near you but don't move from where u r standing. When she sees that you won't go after her she'll feel more secure to come up to you. If you GO to feed her she will take off as soon as you move. The less you go to her the more trust she will have in you to come closer.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Mar '15

Poookie/Manuela, all these wonderful, caring people have been "putting their all" into searching for your sweet Roxie. It's wonderful to know you have such good friends! I just feel your Roxie will be home soon!

Gayleen Gayleen
Mar '15

Everytime a thread like this is started I feel terrible for the family, if my little guy was lost I would be losing my mind. I'm praying Roxie comes home safe and sound.

Mar '15

Dropped off a large trap to Happy Tails tonight Let's see if we can trap her

cheyenne's mom cheyenne's mom
Mar '15

Roxi came onto 46 from the side of Happy Tails, where Happy Tails is, don't know if she totally crossed into the wooded area on other side, but don't think so, car behind me had road blocked off last I saw. Sorry I can't tell you more. I deal with a lot of trucks who travel 46 and have been getting word out to them to watch in the area for her and drive cautiously. I did receive a call on Sunday telling me of her being lost in the area, so if there is a petfinder service involved that was great. I deal with the woman who founded 11th hr. and they just had one lost for 2 wks at their Rte 10 site during the brutal cold and storms. I can see if she has any ideas, I know they called in a group that specializes in recovery lost dogs. Best of luck. I don't get on here much while at work but will try to keep checking.

Wendola Wendola
Mar '15

If someone has a couple trail cams you can borrow and set up near the trap maybe you can see if she is sticking to any certain timing on her coming and goings. And also verify that it is definitely her eating the food left out.

shady shady
Mar '15

I set a larger trap last night but she didn't come around. I didn't get the chance to cook on the grill, it was my birthday and my family brought pizza. But will cook something on it today. I'm not giving up! I just hope she stays in this area!

If she has possibly moved,the area needs to be flooded with flyers, consistent sightings are so important for feeding station and traps! Keeping Roxie in my prayers daily!!

molly
Mar '15

How about putting some of Roxie's owners clothes in the trap? A smell she knows may be more helpful

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

Nosila..that's what we are doing. She brings new things often to keep the scent fresh. I still believe she's around my house. Her mom is dropping off more chicken later that I'll use tonight. Her mom was just here to put her scent in the area again. I think at this point it's just a waiting game. I'll continue to keep checking on the trap every few hours from dark to day light. I plan on winning this! :)

Maybe since Roxie has been spotted near happy tails early many mornings mom should go over there and hang out between 5 AM and 7 AM (with some chicken) and a squeaky toy and keep calling her. If mom is alone and Rocie hears just her voice maybe she'll just come out.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Mar '15

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. But I have some inexpensive motion sensor lights that I use in my garage when I come home after dark. They are not very bright, just enough that I can see where I'm going. I think I paid $12 for 4 of them and they stick on with strips so no nails needed. If Roxie walks by and trips the sensor you would know she was there. Perhaps once knowing she was there, you could plan some way to catch her. As I said, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. I'm just trying to think of any way possible to get this poor puppy home!

Tanya Tanya
Mar '15

Perhaps you can put a new post here on the forum asking for people to donate - temporarily - and "trail cams" that you could put up in the area she's been seen? You might find a pattern in her comings and goings.

I am so sorry she hasn't been secured yet. I'd be out of my mind by now. Hang in there... I do think the trail cams could help.

snowster
Mar '15

Maybe Happy Tails owner can put up trail cams and be more proactive. just sayin.

pampurr pampurr
Mar '15

I was thinking the same thing pampurr

I'm surprised that the owner of Happy Tails hasnt been on here to let people know what he is doing to bring her home and what is being done to prevent this from happening again.

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

Hey Poookie/Manuela I think nellejoy, 8 hours ago posting, had a good thought....since Roxie seems to be going back to Happy Tails in early am, say 5 to 7 am why don't
you go there alone with Roxie's chicken that she loves & her favorite squeaky
toy & start calling & calling? That's if the bigger trap doesn't work.

Gayleen Gayleen
Mar '15

Manuela or cc...havent heard from either one of you in awhile. What's new? Im thinking about you two and Roxie.

Mar '15

We have seen Roxie a few times in the last day. There are traps set out in a few different places. Of course where they can be checked on every few hours from dark to day light. Everything that can be done is being done. We are just keeping a low profile because the more we chase her the more afraid she becomes of humans and we don't want to push her out of the area we know she is in. I think the only way that she will be caught is with a trap because the minute she see anyone she takes off running. I want nothing more for her to be caught and go home safe and sound with her mommy. Please keep praying that we can get her and do just that.

I think Tim has probably been on here enough to know how this forum works. If I were him I wouldn't bother. Any attempt to explain things or try to ease the concern of future clients would only open the door to ridicule and IMO make matters worse.

I am sure he is helping and doing the best that he can. I hope Roxie gets home safely.

Since she's been sighted back near Happy Tail, perhaps she's trying to go back in there. Manuela told me she loves playing with the other dogs. Why can't the owner of Happy Tail let some dogs out in the back yard to draw her back. Or leave the front door open ( and stay in the back) either at nite or very early to see if she will walk back in.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Mar '15

GREAT JOB TIM, you have the proper skills to catch a run away dog!!!! Way to go, Roxie is with mom now just saw them at Happy Tails Inn.

I just hope this incident shows Mr. ACO that he too can have "things' happen. A few years ago I had an incident where he was less than compassionate to me. Not only that, but he stood and lied to me right to my face. When I pointed out facts that proved he was lying, he suddenly had to leave. He was (at that time) very impressed with himself. I hope he has changed since then and he absolutely should be doing everything possible to get Roxie back. She escaped on his watch.

Tanya Tanya
Mar '15

So glad this had a happy ending!

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Its nice to hear this is finally over and the dog is back with the owner after almost a week of madness. I do feel that the owner of Happy Tails should give the community and explanation of what happened and what has been done to prevent this from happening again. It would also be a good idea to reimburse the dog's owner for everything she spent trying to get her dog back.

Ravi
Mar '15

I think that all that matter at this time is Roxie is on her way home with her mom. I went to see her and she is in really good shape for being on the run so long. She was very very happy to see her mom! I'm am very thankful that she is home safe and sound.

Great news to start the day!

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Mar '15

Here is the happy reunion!

How did she get caught? I'm just curious as to when we run into this again

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

So happy :) can't wait to see Roxie aka bing bing :)

victoria Torrisi victoria Torrisi
Mar '15

Yah!!!! Would love to hear how she was finally captured!

Wonderful news for everyone involved.

Hickory Dog Hickory Dog
Mar '15

GREAT NEWS!! So happy for them.

Mar '15

YAY!!!! So happy to hear!!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '15

Glad to hear the good news. Happy endings are wonderful!!!! Roxie needs a good nap in her own home!!

Tanya Tanya
Mar '15

Glad she is back home!

janster janster
Mar '15

Tim very smartly created a strong track for Roxie to sniff and smell all the way into a well set-up trap. With this kind of dog, one that was absolutely scared out of its mind, combing through the woods only serves to push it farther away. Obviously everyone here is well-intentioned, but this wasn't the case of a lost dog needing to find a human, but a scared dog terrified of everything, including her own owner.

fanofroxie fanofroxie
Mar '15

Wonderful news!!

Glad she's home, must have been the best reunion.

Mar '15

There were 3 traps set. 1 at my house and 2 placed in different locations around Happy Tails. We had a sighting of her yesterday morning in which we walked around and her mom was calling her. Last night her mom received a call around 8 that she was seen on Russling in area of Happy Tails. Then another report she was seen later in the same general area. Then I received a text that she was seen in the area of my house around 10. We just stayed in and didn't go looking for her because if she saw anyone she would bolt. We knew she was staying mainly in the woods behind my house as we saw her tracks there. We sat tight and just prayed she go in one of the 3 traps and she did. Getting that phone call at 7am this morning was the best news I've had in a long time. I just had to go to Happy Tails to give her a big hug. When she saw her mom I swear her little tail was going to fly off as fast as it was going. Her mom and I want to thank everyone who shared her information and went out looking and searching for her! I'm sure her mom will post later after she and Roxie gets some needed rest!

Wonderful news! Very happy that Roxie and her mom have been reunited.

diesel diesel
Mar '15

Happy news!!

very glad this has a happy ending and she is back home..

Shady Shady
Mar '15

I am so so so happy to hear this wonderful news!!!! Milo and I can't wait to see Roxy!

doing the Happy Dance

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Glad she is back with her mom...

animal lover animal lover
Mar '15

I am extatic.Thank you thank you so much for all you have done .Roxie ate and she now catches up on lost sleep.She is week and thin,but super happy that she is home.Tim and Carol made a miracle happen last night and all the help with the traps and everyone who went out there looking and searching,calling in sightings,I have no words to describe my gratitude.We both are going to rest and get our strength back in no time

Mar '15

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! Thank you to all who helped find & trap her. GREAT JOB to you all. Roxi will probably sleep for a full day just to rest up.

Wendola Wendola
Mar '15

I am so happy that Roxie is back home safe and sound. I know Tim has been working around the clock to try and get her, as have many others.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

YAY!!! Happy Roxie is reunited with Mom. BTW I think
happy Tails owes no one an explanation but to Roxies owner.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

I'm happy Roxie is back home! It brightened my morning.

Christine, I agree about Happy Tails owing only Roxie's owner an explanation.

Aquarius Aquarius
Mar '15

Also a special thanks to Carol Cavanagh.Her home and heart was open to Roxie and her Yard was set with trap and food and Toys.She hardly had any sleep for 6 days checking trap all night and looking out for Roxie all day.Tim and Carol worked together as a team.They both knew what they were doing and the ACO had great know how.Roxie is sleeping and at 2 o clock she goes to the Vet for a check up.

Mar '15

So happy to hear Roxie has been found and is well. What a great ending to this story.

mrjon mrjon
Mar '15

Crying over this news. Pregnancy hormones! So happy to see that Roxie is back home with her mama.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Mar '15

I'm crying too Tracy.....this is fabulous news....!!!!!

bowie bowie
Mar '15

" I think happy Tails owes no one an explanation but to Roxies owner"

You are correct he sure doesn't OWE any one an explanation. However, owning a business where your service is to care for dogs and keep them safe you would think he would want to provide an explanation.

Everyone understand's that things happen. However, it's more about what is being done to ensure this doesn't happen again. It may be a good idea to put a fenced in area by the front door for added security.

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

Awesome news!!!

ldiva ldiva
Mar '15

Nosila...why don't you personally contact the owner of Happy Tails. Perhaps you can get the answers to your concerns directly from him instead of a public forum.

Happy to know Roxie is home safe and sound!

outsider outsider
Mar '15

+1 Nosila.
+0 outsider, as usual.

Mar '15

Nosila

As mentionned by an earlier post, him coming on here would not change some of the negative attitudes floating around. This is between him and the owner. Accidents happen and he and others did everything humanly possible to rectify it.

I can honestly say that I have owned many sucessful businesses in other places and although I'm tempted to work for myself again, I would never invest a dime into owning a business in this town. I can attest that some of the most wonderful and helpful people I have ever met are from here. However, there are a few bad apples that have nothing but criticisms for the local businesses. Those constant negatives can deeply hurt someone's business and livelyhood, so please think before you post.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

Plain and simple. it was an accident. Unfortunate as it was, it wasn't a deliberate act. I'm sure they will take every precaution so it doesn't happen again. I know it just plain stinks when these things happen to you, but the dog is home now.

I really think it is time to put this thread to bed and move on.

Stuart
Mar '15

Jazzykatt - that's exactly why the owners need to explain what happened. To change some of the negative thoughts people now have about his business. Negative comments aren't hurting his business. The carelessness of the dog getting out is. Saying nothing will hurt his business more.

Mar '15

Perhaps some of those negative attitudes with that business has to do with the tragedy that happened with the death of a dog 1-2 years ago. I'm not so quick to forget that horrible day. Tim bought that tragedy on himself..not ppl making up stories.

villani villani
Mar '15

Didn't know about that Villani. Sad. No need to explain what happened.

Mar '15

What situation led to the death of that dog?

hapiest girl
Mar '15

The attitudes are aimed toward all businesses, not just this one. I am also not going to blindly believe one person's version of past incidents. I can make up my own mind on situations without external influence.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

Botheredbyuu2, how can you say no need to explain what happened when you yourself said you didn't know about it? Of course explanation is needed. Blaming the unfortunate death of a dog on someone is a serious accusation that absolutely needs an explanation. How can you blindly follow like that?

Villani, why not explain yourself instead of accusing people without giving the story. Shame.

ConcernedinHtown ConcernedinHtown
Mar '15

+ 1000 Jazzykatt

outsider outsider
Mar '15

I will not go into what happened. There was a long topic on this when it happened. I believe the entire topic got deleted. Things got really heated but I do feel that people should know the truth about business, how they handle situations and let them make their own decisions. I applaud Tim for doing all he could to help capture this dog but I also feel that he had to go above and beyond if the dog was in his care. I'm sure anyone would want to avoid a lawsuit and I know he doesn't want anymore negative incidents added to his list so capturing this dog was vital.
And yes, everyone is allowed and should be able to make up their own mind about situations, but they should also be allowed to know about any bad business that have gone on too...know the facts.

villani villani
Mar '15

I just drove up Russling Road and didn't see the signs any more and I started to tear up hoping it was good news and, thank goodness it was!!!! It is of great comfort to know how many caring people rally when there is a situation like this.
I know Roxie is so happy to be home with her family at last!

+1 Villani

Mar '15

Not sure this much effort went into finding Bin Laden

brown bear
Mar '15

I agree with jazzykat as well

Villani should know fact before they open there mouth.

This forum is not the Better Business Bureau.

outsider outsider
Mar '15

And everyone seems to ignore the fact that one of the children of the dog's owners got a job at HTI a week after the incident. Seems people w/o the facts get the most upset sometimes...

fanofroxie fanofroxie
Mar '15

Prayers... answered.

Congratulations to both Roxie and Manuela on your reunion. SO happy she was able to be caught and how she is HOME. Nowhere near as happy as you both must be!

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

lol!! brown bear :)

bby, Do you honestly believe that? You think that Tim coming on a public forum to explain that it was an accident would change anyone's negative opinion? I think anybody with a little common sense could have come to that conclusion all on their own, don't you? People in the business of caring for animals do not intentionally put them in harms way.

You yourself said it was careless on his part...so would he have changed your mind?

Villani, I think most people that have been on here for a while do know the story about the dog and have their own opinion on it. Not sure what point there was to bring it up and then say "I will not go into what happened" KNOWING people would then ask questions. This is a completely different situation all together and one had nothing to do with the other.

You are so right fanofroxie!!!!!!

Happy ending :)...

That's super news! I'm really glad that Roxie was able to be trapped and reunited with her "Mom". :-D

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

My boy will be excited tomorrow morning to be headed to daycare. Like normal he always runs to see Tim and his family, his staff then he runs to see his 4 legged friends. Happy Tails Inn staff knows what dogs get along with what dogs. What dogs play better with what dogs. Daycare centers for kids dont run as smooth as Happy Tails does for animals. Accidents happen but Tim knows what he is doing obviously, He GOT The Dog. People trying to help actually could of hurt the attempts to get Roxie sooner. So why not just say a Happy Ending for Roxie and happy ending for Happy Tails Inn, and just End This Thread. Roxie Is Found!!!!!

Manny-
Ticker is thrilled that Roxie was finally found and can't wait to see her on a walk as soon as she's up to it We'll have the Cheerios ready for her. Delighted for you, Manny.
Frank Miller (Ticker's dad)

Frank Miller Frank Miller
Mar '15

Max...says "People trying to help actually could of hurt the attempts to get Roxie sooner" ....WHAT?!

Thanks to all the connections trying to find this pup..It takes a village! Glad she is back with her human.

pampurr pampurr
Mar '15

Roxie is in very good shape.Slept all night ate very good and she is getting strong.

Mar '15

JRT - I never said or thought it was done on purpose. Knowing exactly what happened I think would change SOME peoples minds about the business. JMO!

Mar '15

No person or business should have to explain anything on this forum. Maybe posters need to learn not to prejudge and filter their opinions that can intentionally or unintentionally seriously affect a persons life or business. What is the old saying "what goes around comes around". I've witnessed that more than once. Contrary to some posters beliefs HL is not the end all and be all of the Hackettstown and surrounding areas opinions. There is life outside of HL.

Happy to hear Roxie is settling in!

outsider outsider
Mar '15

Max is right, you don't gather and chase a dog that is scared unless you just want to keep pushing it farther away. Trapping it is usually the only solution... and it worked.

fanofroxie fanofroxie
Mar '15

fanofroxie, Excuse me, if trapping is the only solution why didn't Tim try to to trap a dog that was running the roads of Independence and Hackettstown not once but twice? Does Wolfgang ring a bell?

pampurr pampurr
Mar '15

Well why dont you ask him? Once again, no thought before posting. Enough already. Will you not be satisfied until blood is drawn and newborns are sacrificed?

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

Can't everyone just be happy the dog was found and is home!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '15

outsider +10 and jazzykatt +10 ... I'm glad the Bait from a couple of posters was Not taken by the Happy Tails people, and I hope it stays that way. It would just continue the blood thirsty posters to keep posting more questions ad nauseam. It's great that Roxie is home and in good health and that her owner is Happy.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Mar '15

Husband did that already JazzyKat..Find it rather amusing we have alot of dog whisperers on this thread..

pampurr pampurr
Mar '15

This is Roxie at home

Mar '15

The picture is adorable...she looks fantastic.

animal lover animal lover
Mar '15

Hello friends I am home with Mommy.I went to the vet and I have to get my strength back.I had a lot on my plate,like hunting squirrels chip monks and geese.My tree hollows were cold and the big dog chased me.The one from bests.He thought he owns the Apple orchard were I hung out.Now that I am famous I want new bows. Mommy takes me shopping as soon as I am all the way back on my feet.She is going to buy me all the toys I want.Thank you all for caring so much.Me,the queen will see you soon.

Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.