Citgo

I just went by the Citgo in H'town, all prices are down, and roped off anyone know what happen

Hmmm........... went by this morning and there were cars getting gas.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

Yeah.... Ok

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '15

LOL.....................rumor??

Mar '15

Some kids were busted snorting what was thought to be cocaine, but later turned out to be Hugo Chavez's ashes.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Mar '15

There were cars getting gas this morning around 8:00, when I came back by at 2:30 the place was roped off and all the prices had been removed from both the large road sign and small pump signs. At 4:00 there was a car parked out front and when I came back thru a short while ago the car was gone. I figured they were in trouble with either the EPA or weights and measurses.

Just drove by a few minutes ago, the owner is there from Ct along with the older man that works mornings, place is still roped off, and signage taken down, what a shame I liked going there on my way to shop rite or walmart if the lines werent too long

Big sports fan Big sports fan
Mar '15

one word:

Hess

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '15

It was my go to choice for a while there too. Unfortunately, I started noticing that their prices were becoming way more expensive than other choices. Premium the other day was 2.59 while the Hess on rt. 31 in Washington was 2.39. That never happened.

emaxxman emaxxman
Mar '15

Seriously?? :( This was my favorite station.

Sandy Sandy
Mar '15

So what's the truth?

Rockler Rockler
Mar '15

Georges Tire gone also.

Rockler Rockler
Mar '15

This was my go to station as well, as long as the lines weren't too long. Usually the longest lines were attributed to the world's slowest man that works there. He also has no idea how to take customers in order. The two younger guys were much more efficient and didn't make me want to scream. Really wish we could pump our own sometimes.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '15

Georges Tire owner retired. It will now be a car detail place.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

True Tracy. He was slow as s**t. It was crowded because his price for cash or credit was the same. Many other places charge more for credit.

Mar '15

They will be back open in like 3 weeks

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '15

They will reopen in 21 days as Booster stated. I just had a nice long chat with the manager.

Did he say why they are closed for 3 weeks?

Mar '15

Yes, he did.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

very informative thus far.................

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Well why?

Mar '15

Oh, he didn't tell you? Maybe he doesn't want you to know.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

Might be due to changing his prices more than once in a 24 hour period. This happened to Fuel 31 in Washington recently. They were ordered closed for 20 days.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/01/washington_township_gas_statio_1.html

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

It wasn't the attendant that was slow it was the pumps that are slow. Compare to other stations is only takes maybe 1-2 minutes at most to fill the typical car. At his place you can be 5 minutes just pumping... They definitely had the lowest gas prices around, the other 3 stations were usually 10-25 cents higher for credit card. I usually go at 6 in the morning on my way to work when there is maybe one car there.

Stephen Stephen
Mar '15

He had up wrong price and was in the process of changing it but someone called corporate and complained, so they closed him down for a short period of time.

Mar '15

Glad to hear they will reopen. I always thought their staff was very nice, and they have a long line because they are the cheapest in town cash or credit. Hopefully they are closed to revamp a little and nothing negative for them.

Sandy Sandy
Mar '15

Yes it was some sort of "pricing issue" he told me. It resulted in the temporary closure and fine.

Sorry Stephen, but I beg to differ. It IS that particular attendant that is the problem. I have a 19 gallon tank and it never takes 5 minutes to fill, even when it's bone dry. Besides, it's not the fueling time that is the problem, it's the slow motion shuffling from one car to another, then a trip inside, then stopping to chit chat for a few more minutes, etc. I sat 5 minutes AFTER my tank was full once, waiting for him to come back. Never really have a problem with any of the other employees.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '15

Did any of you complaining about the man who was "SO SLOW" ever consider the fact that he might possibly have a disability? He was out in the freezing cold WORKING while poor us had to sit in our warm cars and wait a few minutes. It was also difficult because some gas tanks are on different sides and it was the drivers who rather than get in line just pulled in anywhere. I go there all the time and think all the workers are doing a good job. A little kindness goes a long way!

facts first facts first
Mar '15

I was hoping they were closed to add more pumps. Four pumps is too few for that location.

Aquarius Aquarius
Mar '15

Pumps are way slower then anywhere else. Old technology. Has nothing to do with the speed of the attendant in this case. But yes he does like to chit chat.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Mar '15

Citgo always had been Venezulan owned and I wouldn't support a communist owned company even if they were the cheapest.

copygirl copygirl
Mar '15

True story copy girl. But what gas station do you go to that is all American? Meaning...pulled out of the ground and served to you like All American Apple Pie.

Mar '15

I really like the guys that work there. They are all friendly and pleasant. That makes it worth the wait.

eperot eperot
Mar '15

One of the guys is very slow. He stands there and just stares at you. Its not just a slow pump problem.

Mar '15

facts first, I live in New Jersey...I don't have a choice but to "sit in my warm car". Trust me, I'd much rather pump it myself and get on with my day.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '15

Tracy, I'm with you. Pulled into a station this morning with six double-sided pumps (twelve fueling stations) and ONE attendant trying to keep up.

I want to pump my own gas, too.

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

This is for copygirl. The whole Citgo-Venezuelan thing is bogus. Below is a short synopsis of why.

Many different oil companies buy crude oil from Venezuela, so even Americans who shun CITGO brand gasoline have no guarantee that they aren't still sending their money to that country. And although Citgo may be owned by Petróleos de Venezuela, it is a formerly American company which is still headquartered in the U.S. (in Houston, Texas), employs 4,000 people, and supplies 14,000 independent retailers with gasoline and other petroleum products — Americans with no substantive connection to Venezuela who would be economically harmed by such an action. (Citgo also provides free or discounted heating oil to low-income communities and tribal reservations within the United States.) And, of course, in a tight oil market Citgo could likely find alternative buyers for its products far more easily than the U.S. could make up the shortfall created by a cut-off of Venezuelan oil.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/citgo.asp#Y6JgLexOezlx01ek.99

Pumping gas yourself is not all it's pumped up to be. It won't cost less, and when you have your work clothes on or are going to lunch or dinner, you really don't want to be touching the nozzle.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Mar '15

I wouldn't want to be standing outside in the temps we had to pump our gas. Many stations don't have awnings over them and you are out in all the elements. Happy to be inside my car. And no, it isn't cheaper. I am also happy to see Citgo isn't closing. The gentlemen who pump my gas are always nice to me. Leave a little extra time if you need to get gas and stop complaining about the wait. My issue is with the people who don't wait in line in the direction of the pump they need based on the side of their tank. They swing around and cut others off. Relax, life is too short to always be in a hurry. Leave extra time.

justwondering justwondering
Mar '15

I was there on Tuesday and they had one guy pumping gas. The lines were long and this poor guy did all he could to keep up. I like "all" of the guys that work there. I know who all of you are talking about and yes, he does have a disability. So quit complaining about how slow he is. He is working hard and trying to help all of you people who complain about how slow he is.
People need to start being a little more patient, and quit bitching about every little thing.

Linda Linda
Mar '15

As they say Linda, chillax!

Mar '15

Reasons why I want to be allowed to pump my own gas:

1. Excessive wait times. I've timed it, and if the station is busy, I spend as much time waiting for the attendant before and after pumping as it takes for the pump to fill the tank, sometimes more.

2. I'd like to have someone fill my tank who isn't constantly talking on his cellphone instead of paying attention to what his customers request.

3. I won't mention the lack of basic English language skills -- but I'd really like an attendant who knows more than "Fill It Up, Regular, Super, $20)...etc etc.

I'm not against anyone getting someone to pump their gas for them, but I'm tired of wasting my time unnecessarily. And i know it's not going to be any cheaper; that's not my reason.

And while I'm griping, what is it with people that think it's okay to pull up to the pump, and then disappear into the attached convenience store for more than five minutes while they leave their car blocking the pump and holding everyone else up?

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

It's not about leaving extra time for me, as I usually stop on my way home from work and just want to get home to my family.

Gosh, didn't realize the gas station attendant had such a fan club.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '15

I have a smartphone and a satellite radio in my car so waiting while gas is being pumped is no big deal, I do mail or browsing and rock out to classic rock. Enjoy life people. I had a sign up at work when I provided a service for customers in my younger years. The sign was:

Price, Time, Quality
Choose any two.

If you want something of quality in a short time the price goes up. If you want quality and low price then it will take longer. If you want it quickly at a low price then do not expect high quality. It works across any number of platforms.

If you can't handle 5-10 extra minutes to get cheaper gas then go to a station that will serve you quickly at a higher price. Why go back to a station and continually complain it is slow? Don't go back, it will be one less person I have to wait behind LOL.

It's my favorit gas station. The guys are always nice, can Take a joke, and most importantet they speak English!

Quarno
Mar '15

I don't think most have an issue with waiting. Its the incompetence.

Mar '15

I just want the freedom to be able to pump my own gas, like I can do in 48 out of the other 49 states. Sometimes I am on a tight schedule; I drive for a living and fill up every day, sometimes twice a day!

Oh, and add to my list of reasons why I want to pump my own gas:

4a. Vehicle manufacturers and mechanics recommend NOT squeezing that extra fuel into the tank after the pump automatically shuts off. If you overfill a modern system you run the risk of the excess fuel getting into the vapor recovery system and damaging the system. I always pay with a fleet charge card, what difference does it make if the amount isn't to the exact dollar?

4b. When I try to tell some attendants NOT to keep going, we run into that "language barrier" again.

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

Jerry, last I checked, I believe we have been at 50 states since 1959. ;)

John C John C
Mar '15

John C.

I was taking NJ out of the equation. There are 49 other states, and of those other 49, I can pump my own gas in all but Oregon.

I stand by my math. ;)

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

botheredbyuu2

The man with the disability, the one you said was" slow as s**t", worked hours in freezing weather & you refer to this man as" incompetent". That's fortitude!

facts first facts first
Mar '15

First of all Facts First and Clancy, I go to that station all the time and have NEVER seen a man with a disability. Second, how the hell do you know who I'm talking about. There are at least 6 guys that work there. I could be speaking about any of them.
And third, why are you both using a fake name now. Get a friggin life!
Get the FACTS FIRST!!! Duh!

Mar '15

I live in town and was wondering what happened there as well. They have small signs posted in the windows, but being roped off from the road they are impossible to see. I was hoping it was a renovation of some kind, but being a price issue isn't all that surprising. As for the pump/attendant issue I think its a combination of both. The pumps are slow especially when all the pumps are being used. I spoke with the manager about this a while ago. Not much they can do short of rebuilding the entire system. As for the attendants, I like not having to pump gas myself and having to wait a few extra minutes isn't going to effect me. I do get annoyed when there is a huge line of cars and the attendant is just chatting with other drivers or hanging out inside. It doesn't happen that often however. I worked in a gas station as a teenager and its not the best job in the world. Really no time for a break if you are by yourself.

Richard Richard
Mar '15

is there any post that stays on topic...

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '15

So you're saying all 6 are incompetent. Why would you keep going there then?

Clancy Clancy
Mar '15

Just because you see no disability doesn't mean they don't have one

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '15

+1000 booster90 I like that Citgo and I know the wait may be longer than other places. If I am in a hurry I will just go somewhere else. It's a really simple plan. If you're biggest concern in your day is how long YOU CHOOSE to wait in line for gas, I'd say you should consider yourself Blessed.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Mar '15

It's very simple. Sometimes I am on a tight schedule, and my time is valuable. I choose not to wait at any establishment (gas station, store, restaurant, whatever) where the owner/employees are more interested in having a conversation while other customers have to stand around and wait for service.

I've more than once walked out of Target when I've come up to the front of the store and found only two registers open with five or six people waiting on each line -- and the front end manager making no effort to open up a register herself and actually help customers. I've just left what I wanted to buy and walked out.

Just as bad is the customer at the head of the line who takes twice as long to pay because they won't get off their cellphone, or wait until the clerk is done ringing everything up before even opening their purse to search for their wallet.

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

Not sure what's going on there now, hopefully they will re open....when it's busy it gets real slow...
I usually just go to raceway at that point.
I drive a diesel and in jersey it's self serve on them....Trust me you gasses have it good, especially 2 below....

excursion7.3 excursion7.3
Mar '15

Turns out you're all wrong. The reason why it's closed is because they're repaving the place! Omg...talk about neighborhood gossip! Geez people, get a life!

America America
Mar '15

The repaving was to be part of the renovations completed during the closure. The lot really got beat up this winter.

@america---- sorry but you are wrong

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '15

America,

They wouldn't have closed the station 4 days in advance just to do the paving. That would be a waste of revenue. Since they had to close down for a few weeks it made sense to do the paving now while they were closed. But they didn't shut down because the wanted to repave the place.

darwin darwin
Mar '15

Listen to Darwin he is known for many theories. No pun intended.

Mar '15

they are scam , weight of measures shut them off because they were cheating customers displaying wrong price .

dance with me dance with me
Mar '15

Just FYI: Water found in gas from Enrite station in Hopatcong,

http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2015/03/water_found_in_gas_from_enrite.html#incart_river

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Mar '15

The report of the water in the Enrite station may have been why there was a NYC Channel 4 News van looking a bit lost on Flora this evening around 6. They'd pulled over to the side, then tried to do a 3 point turn. May have been trying to find their way back to Route 80. Didn't have a chance to see if they were lost or not though, since once they completed their turn they were off towards Brooklyn-Stanhope Rd.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

excursion7.3 watch Raceway a few months ago I went there and used my bank card the next day the bank called me and said I spent over $700 in Ca., hello I'm still in Hackettstown, I reported it to the bank cuz that's the only place I used my card and they were like sorry, and also went to the police dept. and they also said we can't do anything it's a federal bank problem, after fighting I did get my money back, but Have not gone back with cash or credit

Millions of card numbers were stolen and cards fabricated. It may not have been the gas station in this instance...

Saak - used my CC yesterday at Raceway, because Citgo is closed. Just checked it and payment is still pending. Will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up.

Mar '15

Reopening today at noon

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Apr '15

I hope the gas is fresh...

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Apr '15

I wont gas there until I see the tanker again

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Apr '15

Saw the tanker today around 11am. Parking lot is smooth!

Christine Christine
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.