Moving company?

Hi all - I'm looking for a local moving companie that will do a small local move from a house to a storage unit. Any ideas? Ive been looking online and alot of them dont do short local moves. Thanks!!

Meee
Mar '15

My neighbor has a moving company here in Hampton. No idea if he does small moves or not but I know he does local moves so it may be worth a call. Super Movers (908) 537-6688.

Hamptonite Hamptonite
Mar '15

Try Vernay Movers in Netcong. I've used them 4 times for short distance moves. Very reliable and affordable. 973-448-1700

teecee teecee
Mar '15

Vernay....

Christine Christine
Mar '15

http://www.fastmovingcompany.com/

Fast moving company. Located Blau Rd. in Mansfield. I used them for a move from Panther Valley to Mansfield they were great and reasonable. They may be able to help.

Good Luck

+1 on Fast Moving. Not sure about small moves but they are great.

TM

Troublemaker Troublemaker
Mar '15

Try D&J mover here in hackettstown. They are small and family owned and are awesome. We've recommended them to our friends too. 9086848585

Vernay

Amber
Mar '15

Use Dan's Affordable Moving. They were awesome! Moved my daughter from her apt in H'twn to my home ,also in H'twn with side trips to storage unit and another home over in Washingtn. They were very careful, very polite and very affordable. We have used them twice in 2 years and would recommend them to everyone! 973-945-7787

Dansker Dansker
Mar '15

We used College Hunks Moving to move a half mile within Panther Valley. They were awesome. Very fast, efficient, wrapped all valuable furniture and were very polite. They were actually college guys all working for the local Franchise. Very reasonable too.
They will also remove anything that you do not want to take with you. Will either donate or take it to dumpster.
(908) 735-6735

Good luck

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '15

Phip's Moving LLC located right in hackettstown. Had an awesome experience with them and they were referred to me. The guys were great, worked efficiently and the rate was fantastic.

www.phipsmovingllc.com

Chegg12
Mar '15

D&J movers, there the best, owner is on the job, and they are local,they moved me 4 times, and are priced right!

Any update on who you used and how it turned out? Anyone have any additional mover recommendations? We are moving about 120 miles. Been 28 years since we hired a mover kinda new to this entire experience. Good thing we are going from 3100 sq ft home to 1400 sq ft home, we have been in downsizing mode big time!

Thanks

Tom

TominWashington TominWashington
Jun '15

Trying to support local businesses - yesterday I called 3 of the local moving companies that were discussed in the thread. Dan The Affordable Moving Man, Phips Moving & Vernay. Not a single one bothered to call me back. Guess I will be using College Hunks.

buffy buffy
Nov '15

Like it, Buffy!

Chapín Chapín
Nov '15

College Hunks immediately called me as soon as I hit the send button for the estimate inquiry online. I get it they're larger company with a dispatcher so they can do that. The smaller companies the owners are possibly doing the actual work/moving but come on it's been 24+ hours since I called. That is just poor customer service.

buffy buffy
Nov '15

So I used Vernay. Nice guys but bait and switch. Suck you in with cheap quote and then screw you when they wrap it all up. Quote for 3500 paid 5250. F them.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Nov '15

ouch Craftbeerbob! thanks for sharing--will be sure NOT to use Vernay next year when we move!

mom of one mom of one
Nov '15

College Hunks for sure. A number of them are from the area I think.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Nov '15

Thanks. Still could use some long distance movers. Great if College Hunks could travel down that far and move our furniture.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
May '16

Has anyone used the Padded Wagon for a move. We are having a hard time getting a moving company to move us from NJ to Delaware. Many of the companies mentioned here are not able to do it. It is between Vernay and the padded wagon. Quotes are only a $50.00 difference. Anyone have any reviews for either company ? Thanks

Mariann Mariann
May '17

I knew people in AT&T that did the relocation services. The company they suggested to me for a small Long Island to NJ move is now called Action Transfer and Storage, (844) 228-4662. They are out of Kearny. See if they will handle the move.

Mariann - keep in mind they are just quotes and estimates. Final bill comes when they actually weigh the contents...as you can see above my final bill was very different then the estimate

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
May '17

Mariann,

Watch Vernay, their insurance (should you have damage by them ) is valued, based on the weight, not the value of the item..

Be sure to ask questions on your coverage provided by them .

Good Luck

Steven Steven
May '17

Mariann, I responded to your PM.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
May '17

D&J moving, local family owned company. Very professional with lots of experience. Reasonably priced. Small or large moves.

I also recommend D&J moving. They were great, their price was excellent. Very professional and very friendly.

MomOf2Boys MomOf2Boys
May '17

We tried D &J moving and they couldn't do it on the date that we needed.

Mariann Mariann
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.