School Delays/Closings 3/5

All Hackettstown Schools have a 90 minute delay.

I have a feeling they will be closing. We will see!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Heaven Sent will open at 10:15 am.

Lorinda Ravo Lorinda Ravo
Mar '15

Washington Township Morris county all schools closed, Where is that Operation Snowflake when you need it?

Toms
Mar '15

Mansfield elementary closed

Dooni Dooni
Mar '15

Hackettstown really should close. I don't want to be out driving in this mess and our kids shouldn't be either

They are closed!

Toms
Mar '15

Hackettstown schools are now closed, just received the call..And my power went out for a few minutes, heard a transformer..

http://www.wfmz.com/weather/school-and-business-closings/149606

http://snowflake.goes.com/

I called it!. Our power went out also! Back up now!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Isn't NJ in state of emergency? Doesn't that mean no traveling on roads .

Joanne Joanne
Mar '15

Heaven Sent NurserySchool is now CLOSED today.

Lorinda Ravo Lorinda Ravo
Mar '15

Joanne - yes

Great Meadows School District is closed now, too.

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Mar '15

Can I drive?

NJOEM: "The Governor's declaration does not normally restrict citizen movements or activities. The State may limit access to affected areas due to concerns for public safety but will notify the public of these restrictions. If it is necessary to impose vehicular or personal movement restrictions, the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management will alert the public using all available means, including, but not limited to: the Emergency Alert System, urgent press releases, DOT highway signs, law enforcement teletypes, etc. Every effort will be made by NJOEM to facilitate safe passage for utility, health care and emergency services workers whose presence is necessary for public safety or in response to the emergency."

Hackettstownwife
Mar '15

A state of emergency does not limit travel on the roads unless a travel restriction or ban is also enacted, so no, a state of emergency is not an automatic travel ban.

My job is in Edison and is telling me to come in today they are open. Almost made it seem like I won't have a job if I don't.

Joanne Joanne
Mar '15

From what I have read there are 2 different types of state of emergencys. One specifically says travel ban while the other (more common) doesn't. I could be wrong but that is what I swear I have read in the past.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Mar '15

Joanne - it's your decision at the end. People on 9-11 also were told to keep working otherwise they will lose their jobs.

Decided not to chance it Manager will have to do my shift. She didn't want to go in but is now. She lives 15 min from job Can not wait for winter to end. Its been a nightmare commute

Joanne Joanne
Mar '15

Sorry for the stress this is causing you Joanne. But you are a loved and needed person. This is dangerous weather. The decision has been made. Now, try to enjoy the warmth and safety of your home, and the beauty outside your window.

I know Sussex County was going to get less snow than the rest of NJ, but High Point High school was actually open today w/just a delay. They had to go in, even though the sending district elementary schools (including my niece's in Sussex/Wantage) was closed and pretty much every school in NJ was closed. The state and local government offices were closed, yet this school was open. I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Mar '15

At my little stupid p/t job, if you called out because of bad weather, you got punished the following week by having your hours cut. Was a "do nothing" job, so wasn't necessary for me to be there. So, I quit! LOL!!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

sunshinenj - I work at a school and have often been open for a regular day when most other schools were closed or delayed. It depends on the conditions in that district, not everywhere else (including where teaches have to drive to get there). It stinks to be the only one open, but it makes it OK when other districts have a shortened spring break and ours is intact.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Mar '15

I agree as I work in a school too and so does my husband. We lost so many days last year because of snow. My school was always open when everyone was closed. The only crappy part for me is the 45 minute commute in bad weather, but I would rather have school then a snow day. I know the Sussex/wantage school district has no built in snowdays (not sure about the high school). I just find it ridiculous that if the local government and state government shuts down and every surrounding school shuts down, somehow High Point didnt. They definitely did not get as much snow as us, but you still have inexperienced drivers coming from a wide area on some mountainous areas. Just really surprised me

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.