Road Conditions 3/4?

Has anyone been out on the roads yet this morning?

pmnsk pmnsk
Mar '15

Route 46 is business as usual.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Mar '15

517 looks OK.

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Mar '15

Schooleys Mtn is clear.

Main roads ok. Back roads a bit slushy and snowy.

NJSkyWatcher NJSkyWatcher
Mar '15

80 East was fine from 19 to 62. Side roads a little sloppy

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '15

My driveway is an icy downhill deathtrap. :( I foresee a lot of hard work ahead.

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Mar '15

SIDE NOTE: Please Please clean your car off completely. People swerving on the highway because of the snow and ice blowing off of people's cars. So dangerous. I'm 5'4 and managed to get the top of my SUV perfectly clean, so the I can't reach the top is a bunch of BS

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '15

+1 billion trillion Jrygirl88. That happened to me the other day. Had to stay way back behind a SUV because the snow was blowing off and ice was flying off. Very dangerous!
People need to use some sense.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

Rt. 519 from Mt.Lake to Phillipsburg was clear, but you need to stay in the tire tracks, ice is on the sides if you veer out of the tracks. But, passable. Rt.22 into PA, no problem, just wet.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Mar '15

+ A gazillion JrzyGirl88! Or perhaps + Googleplex!

There really is no excuse. It's just laziness. And the "I'll be late for work" excuse is not valid either ...... just leave enough time before leaving to clean the car off.

Robert Durana Robert Durana
Mar '15

Side roads were awful, but 31, 78 and 287 clear.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Infinity plus one to JrzyGirl88 - heard a great idea - we see the police doing random checks of inspection stickers etc so why not set them up somewhere (I know, in the cold weather) so they can pull people into a parking lot, hand them a snowbrush and not let them back on the road until their vehicle is spotless. I'd love to see some of the commuters in their business suits and expensive shoes in the slush cleaning their *insert expensive vehicle of choice*

Scribbler Scribbler
Mar '15

in Jersey it is the law that the stuff has to be swept off vehicles - I was pleased to see police stop an SUV with a loaded roof - They are so damn dangerous........

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

I love when people say they can't reach! I can't reach either, but some how I manage to get it all off. I admit it wasn't easy today with the ice but I got up early and got it done!

Be safe everyone, 80 wasn't bad but side roads were slushy.

Sunshine Sunshine
Mar '15

It is the law, but I've personally never seen anything done about it. Has anyone ever seen a snow covered vehicle pulled over by police?

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

once as noted above

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Ooops. Sorry 5cat missed that sentence.

It's also the law that you have to have your lights on when using your wipers, but I see cars go by cops all the time without their lights on and they don't pull them over. Maybe if police started pulling more people over and ticketing them, others would think twice about doing it.

I saw a box truckon 287 a couple weeks ago let loose with a "wall" off snow/ice off the top. Thank goodness that there wasn't anyone close enough to it for there to be an accident.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Just read that Motorists who fail to do so face fines of $25 to $75 for each offense, regardless of whether the ice and snow is dislodged from the vehicle. If flying ice or snow causes property damage or injury to others, motorists face fines of $200 to $1,000 for each offense. For commercial vehicles, Snow or ice falling off moving commercial vehicle $500 $1500.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '15

How about tickets for riding toooo close to the car in front of them when ice is on the road or when raining !?? ...people with their SUV's seem to believe they are indestructible and can stop just as well as a dry road..............idiots !

Steven Steven
Mar '15

Steven i agree 100 %

Horshey
Mar '15

Cars with no lights on in bad weather or the dark....what the actual eff is wrong with you? Last night on my 2+ hour journey home, I saw a car cruising along on 80 east in total darkness. What a moron. Saw plenty more this morning in rain, fog, ice, etc. It makes me twitch when I see people that dumb or inconsiderate.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.