Road Conditions 3/3/15

Just got home , I work in sussex county, just take it easy, I witnessed a jeep grand Cherokee sliding to the other side of the road in 206, good thing it didn't cause an accident, and by quick check in Hackettstown, a Nissan sentra on the side of the road,

I believe towns don't have much salt, so just just drive safly please. Do it for the sake of people that love you.

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Mar '15

The roads are extremely slippery rignt now! Go very easy and be safe!

deviljet
Mar '15

I'm still at work for another hour.

I hope 46 heading from Mt. Olive is taken care of :/

Very slick! My husband just got in from Sussex County and said there was a car sitting on top of the fire hydrant by the Mountain Ave Quick Chek.

Rte 31 in Clinton heading towards Htown is at complete stop. Looks like miles of traffic ahead. Assume accident. Roads awful; even a main Rd like 31 is very slippery.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

80 east was a mess

pmnsk pmnsk
Mar '15

I just drove 2 hours from middletown NY in a 2wd van no problem, take your time and be smart and you shouldn't have any issues.

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

I just came up rt 31 from Clinton also and it was bad. We were 10 cars behind a salt truck which slowed things down thankfully.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '15

Anyone in Long Valley Area see any salt trucks? How is Schooley's Mountain Road? Husband stuck in Long Valley and can't make it up Schooley's Mountain and waiting for salt trucks to hopefully come soon.

chichi chichi
Mar '15

Do any towns even have salt?? We're in Port Murray, and Mansfield Twp has been spreading sand only for about the past two weeks. Didn't see anything but a pile of sand in the salt barn earlier today.

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

Per the Waze app there is a vehicle off the roadway (left shoulder) on I80 westbound in the Roxbury area. Trooper and a flat bed on scene.

It took 3 hours to get from Scotch Plains to Hackettstown .Rt 78 - 523 - 517 were slippery and littered with individuals that either stopped on hills (no exaggeration) or hit a high speed of 15 miles for the duration of the ride.

Just in on the First Responder site...

MV ACCID NEG INJ ALLAMUCHY RT 80WB / JUST PASSED EXIT 19

My daughter slid into snow bank after hitting ice patch in Lafayette! Thank you to the good samaritan that pulled her out!

Hackettstownwife
Mar '15

80 westbound looks to be a disaster out there right now. Multiple accidents with a car into a ditch in the Allamuchy area and a broken down tractor trailer in the center lane heading west on 80 just before the Mount Arlington train station.

My husband just got to Hackettstown from traveling on 517. Why why WHY is that road never tended to!!!!!!!!! It's a rather main road - lots of curves and hills to slip and slide all over. And yet he didn't think it was even plowed NOR salted! A complete sheet of ice! It's only-what-7 miles of a road from 46 to 80. Shame on Allamuchy/ Independence/Hackettstown - someone take ownership and get it done!

Indy Neighbor
Mar '15

517 is a county road not a town road so Htown, Allamauchy and Independence do not take care of it.

JD4020 JD4020
Mar '15

sorry I spelled Allamuchy wrong

JD4020 JD4020
Mar '15

I travel 517 all the time.....horrible. They need to do something....

Candace J Candace J
Mar '15

Heading home from Manhattan now, what you all are saying is I have a fun time ahead of me?

Brendan Brendan
Mar '15

Took me 5 hours to get home from Manhattan on the bus

kb2755 kb2755
Mar '15

The good news for you Brendan is that the precip is in the process of letting up from west to east. Temps are pretty uniform across all of north jersey currently right around freezing. Light traffic at this hour...just take it slow and you will be fine.

Actually, it wasn't that bad! (Except for catswamp re / Petersburg rd). Now, just my driveway left to conquer!

Brendan Brendan
Mar '15

Just came in from Sparta. Never put the jeep in 4 wheel, Demarest Road very slippery. Houses Corner Road to Limecrest not plowed and slippery. Newton Sparta down to wet blacktop. Stickles Pond Road plowed but slippery. Route 206 spotty pavement. Rt 603 not plowed and slippery. Rt 517 to Warren County line just plowed but slippery, Rt 517 into Hackettstown spotty pavement, but hill coming down to Quickchek very good. RR Gates must be stuck in down position. Police on site.

John C John C
Mar '15

Awesome Brendan. Yeah have had many a white knuckle ride on Catswamp Rd! Mostly dealing with the Allamuchy section of it surrounding that hill/sharp curve and the approach leading up to it in both directions. Grrrrr!

Worse 'plowed' storm in recent memory....

Coach Coach
Mar '15

I think they very "smartly" kept the snow on the road so that when it turned to ice there was still some traction, good thinking on their part. I shoveled my steps and woke up to a sheet of ice

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.