Townwide yard sale?

Does anyone know when this year's town wide yard sale is?

jamie d jamie d
Mar '15

I have been waiting to hear the date also....

Sunshine Sunshine
Mar '15

Me too

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Mar '15

My basement and garage are bulging. Missing town wide the past few years because of other obligations, my house and garage need an enema. Hurry let us know!!

auntiel auntiel
Mar '15

Its usually the last weekend in April.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

There is no set weekend, it has been the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th weekend in April as well as held in May in the past. The organizers last year commented they have to take a number of considerations and schedules in deciding on the date.

It's sometime within the next week or so they often have a decision made. Letters go out to past participants, the BID has had a notice on their site the past couple of years. And a notice is put up on the town web site as well. Shouldn't be long before it's made official.

Town wide yard sale is April 25th & 26th

Sally Jo
Mar '15

Thank you!

Sunshine Sunshine
Mar '15

Are the letters in the mail then, "Sally"?

Neither the town nor the BID have the notice up yet.

I also asked the other day at the town hall and was told it was April 25th 26th

easy going guy
Mar '15

From what I remember, it is usually the last weekend in April. I'll probably miss it. Hope not.

Mar '15

Mansfield I thought used to have town wide yard sales. I never had one because it was never publicized. Why are we not having one anymore?

Just wondering Just wondering
Mar '15

That was always poorly advertised and not many at all participated.
Just have your own. No permit needed in Mansfield.

Mar '15

We have not heard anything about the yard sale and a web search yielded nothing - as soon as we get the flyer with info we will gladly share.

Wendy @ Hkt BID Wendy @ Hkt BID
Mar '15

The official flyer is now up on the Town's website:

http://www.hackettstown.net/app/download/7101266/HCCP+TWYS+FLYER+2015.doc

The Pet Adoption League is having a Clothing Drive on May 2nd at Arby's if you have left over clothes, etc. Look at their website for more information www.palpets.org. I think you can also get a tax form for any donations given.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Mar '15

http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2015/03/mansfield_township_community_y.html
Looks like Mansfield is having town wide yard sale 4/25 and 4/26

Very strange that they would do it the same day as H'town. More yards to shop, but people have to decide whether to shop or hold a sale. LOL! I'm going shopping and will have my own in June. HAPPY SHOPPING!!

Mar '15

Having it the same day helps cross promote the event.

True GC but if people want to do both, shop or hold one, they have to choose. Having it a different weekend lets people do both. But like I said, you can always have your own at another time. Do you know if it was planned the same weekend on purpose?

Mar '15

The HCCP has been sponsoring the Hackettstown Town Wide Sale for 17 years. It is a fundraiser to help support the DARE program, provide dances for Middle School kids and Teen Night Pool parties in the summer. For your $10 donation we publish your address along with a map of the town and then distributed them throughout the town. As GC has noted previously, there is no set date but is usually in April, depending when Easter occurs.
Please consider signing up while you are pondering a yard sale.

Bill Conforti Bill Conforti
Mar '15

Look at 4 days ago. Date is 4/25-4/26 2015 (Like usual - last weekend in April)

Mar '15

Washington Township, Morris Cty is having their town wide sale April 25th also. It will be a bussssssy weekend.

Apr '15

OH that's not good.........more competition! Honestly I would rather go to that sale then work mine.

Teenie
Apr '15

Mansfield is also that weekend.

JD4020 JD4020
Apr '15

Yes, posted above.

Apr '15

Mansfield and Hackettstown!? Oooo nnnooo..I have such a hoard to get rid of, but I want to go to the other sales as I am still a hoarder. I got it! Will someone come and watch my yard sale, so I can get more stuff?
Actually it's not competition... just like fast food places and banks. The more clustered together.... the more people come to the area. There's probably going to be thousands of customers passing through because they are combining towns.

sallysimpson sallysimpson
Apr '15

Mansfield, H'town and Washington Township, Morris!! How the heck we going to hit them all? And then go to Washington Township, Warren for some crafts and BEER.
Sounds like a FUN weekend. Can't wait. ; )

Also Saturday night (25th) is tricky tray at St Peter and Pauls. Will probably be too broke after the sales. Or too tired. :o

And add this to your list.... http://www.hackettstownlife.com/classifieds/28437

Apr '15

Just a reminder to get your payment in. I was waiting to get the notice in the mail and lost track of time because it never came. I believe they have to have the money by this Friday.

Sunshine Sunshine
Apr '15

Byuu.....thanks a lot. Now I'm really obsessing:) lol

sallysimpson sallysimpson
Apr '15

Can I add something else to your busy schedule? LOL...
Though this starts on Friday, so maybe you can squeeze it in if you want, :)

Long Valley Presbyterian Church Spring Rummage Sale
39 Bartley Rd., Long Valley
908-876-3471 www.lvpc.net

April 24 -- Shop 9 am - 1 pm & 5 pm - 8 pm
April 25 -- Shop 9 am - 12 Noon *This is Bag Day. Fill a grocery store bag for $3.

Donations accepted April 20 - 22 (9am - 2pm) and April 23 (9am - 12 noon)
Please call for more information.

Trying2Save Trying2Save
Apr '15

Wow sally - we need to start NOW! LMAO!

Apr '15

Just checked the weather for that weekend and it shows rain ALL weekend. I know it's early, but that's what it is showing. Hope it changes. LOL

Apr '15

bothered - If you are heading to Washington for craft beer, let me know. I buy one one!

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Holy crap! That's supposed to say, "I'll buy you one" LMAO!

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Thanks Calico! Will let you know. Lots to do that day. One one makes 2, right! ; )

Apr '15

Do you think with all the Facebook Yard Sales/Junk Sale sites that they will be any good?

Nosila Nosila
Apr '15

I still think people will be selling good stuff Nosila. I know I use those sites and they can be a pain sometimes. People not showing up etc. I do tend to get more if I sell through a site then at a yard sale but if you put to much up at one time it's hard to keep track of it all and meet with everyone. With the yard sale you can get rid of so much more at once, in my opinion.

Sunshine Sunshine
Apr '15

Many things that aren't easy to ship aren't going off to eBay any time soon. And sometimes things like Craig's List or Facebook go together with the sale - you can post pictures and update as you go.

Everything has it's own best place to sell, and sometimes yard sales are it.

If everyone's concerned about the issues of one weekend diluting it all, just have a sale the week before or the week after in addition to the regular sale. You've got to be ready to go anyone, so it's not much more trouble. ;-)

Tomorrow Friday 4/17/15 is the cut off for the Hackettstown Town Wide Yard Sale.
Sponsored by Hackettstown Committee for Crime Prevention, $10 Registration Fee to HCCP PO Box 695 Hackettstown, NJ.

Bill Conforti Bill Conforti
Apr '15

Is there a map to print out of all the houses participating, like Mansfield has?

Apr '15

There is always a map available at town hall, Harpers, Rico Pan, and some other businesses. It's also been posted both on the town site and the BID site.

But it usually doesn't come out until Thurs or Fri. I check the town site and it's not there yet.

Its been posted on the town site? A printable map? But not til Thurs or Fri? I'm confused.

Apr '15

It's been posted in past years in those places, but it's not always the same. That's what I meant to say.

Oh, Ok, thanks GC.

Apr '15

is this the town wide yard sales if so when is it and what times

matt- Yes. The date is mentioned several times above.

Date is 4/25-4/26 2015 9:00AM - 5:00PM.

Here is Mansfield's map on their town website - http://www.mansfieldtownship-nj.gov/images/Forms/2015_town_wide_yard_sale_PRINT_MAP.pdf

Here's the map for Hackettstown:

http://www.hackettstown.net/app/download/7507834/HCCP+TWYS+2015+Map+List.doc

Thanks GC : )

Oops....All I'm getting is a map of H'town. No houses numbers. What am I doing wrong? LOL

Apr '15

BBY - Scroll down and look at the second page. The on line version is a Word doc with two pages. When they print them and you pick them up in person, it's one sheet with the list of houses is printed on the back.

FYI - We have Maps here at the BID Office - and they are on Legal size paper, so if you print from the website try that.

Apr '15

Selling new baby, mens, boys and girls clothes and pajamas (still with tags on), new toys (in box never opened)
princess costumes
office supplies
golf clubs
almost new appliances (stove, microwave etc)
shoes and leather boots (womens and girls, never worn)
xbox 360 games
and lots more..

On Laurie Terrace- Saturday only!!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Apr '15

And for those that don't have MS Word - we've converted into a .pdf file -

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/docs/2015-town-wide-yardsale-map.pdf

Apr '15

H-town Mama: what size baby clothes, I'm looking for 18 yo 24 month girls spring/summer. Thanks!

Got it! I needed to do it into a pdf file. Thanks Wendy! : )

Apr '15

Please keep the item listings and requests on this thread:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/680119

Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.