Snow 3/5

Yup.....another round. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Re: Snow 3/5

This is the first call map on the Thursday snow from Eastern PA Weather Authority.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

JC at weathernj just released information from one model and used the word Kaboom for Thursday snow.

just coach just coach
Mar '15

No! Say it isn't so. JC hasn't been so on lately. Hopefully, he's wrong again.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

If there's anyone who would know EXACTLY what the weather is going to be on Wednesday, it's JC.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

More snow!!!!! Bring it!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

While this storm has bigger potential (let's 6-12 for someone) the current model trends are for a more southeast track. So it has to be watched. Either way it still gives us snow. JC would definitely know LOL ian.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Mar '15

What is the timeline for the start and end of it? Have to get my daughter from school that day after 3pm. Have a Dr. appointment in the morning. UGG

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Winter Storm Watches have just been posted for the area for Wednesday evening thru Thursday evening:

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NJZ007&warncounty=NJC041&firewxzone=NJZ007&local_place1=2%20Miles%20SE%20Hope%20NJ&product1=Winter+Storm+Watch&lat=40.915&lon=-74.9678#.VPYYFvnF-So

I could be wrong, but I believe JC's Kaboom was more for cental and southern Jersey. Not that we won't be getting a good thumping of snow

Hockeymom115 Hockeymom115
Mar '15

Now they are saying NW Jersey will get much of nothing. South Jersey and east (Long Island) will be getting 6-8". Mike Woods, Fox 5.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

Here is the second call map from Eastern PA Weather Authority. It's from last night showing 3-6". The final call map should be out later today. NOAA is still at 3-6 as well.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

NOAA's Map updated this morning. http://www.weather.gov/phi/winter I really don't want more than our usual 3"

I cant get the ice up from last nights storm! I chopped what I could and put salt down but nothing. Now another few inches of snow! UGG!!!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Only storm watch. Warning was canceled LOVE IT!

Mar '15

Dud. It's moving south. Nj12 is now predicting only an inch or 2 for our area.

Consigliere
Mar '15

Darrin if I knew where you lived I would come to your house and poke you with a stick. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

so is it going to be 1-3 or 4-6 by tomoro am?

stressed out stressed out
Mar '15

1-3" best bet

Mar '15

I love this winter, constant snow every week certainly makes up for the slow start we had! Lovin life!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Don’t get too excited about the low snow amts. I would say 2-4 but it doesn’t matter. Temps are going to drop like a rock and the refreeze will be the biggest factor. I do not think tomorrow’s commute will be good at all. Looking ahead though, temps will start to rise by the weekend and incredibly it looks fairly quiet for quite a bit afterwards.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Mar '15

Idk who to believe anymore before we were supposed to get 4-6 now it's 1-3

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2015/03/in_two-pronged_snowstorm_secon.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Its really anyones guess. When you wake up tomorrow morning and look out the window, then you will know exactly whats happening.

Mar '15

Things are getting interesting. The GFS model just ran with a major shift north which would mean an increase in snow totals for us. Will be a very interesting night of nowcasting/radar watching.

I read 1-3 tonight and 1-3 tomorrow. So if you can add then that would be 2-6. The people stating they only heard 1-3, was that storm totals? Meaning after it is over Thursday?

youngnfresh youngnfresh
Mar '15

HacksPD's nixle they sent out this afternoon said 2-4", from 7pm tonight to 7pm tomorrow night....

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '15

1-3 total nj12

Consigliere
Mar '15

NOAA still has us at 4-6"/3-5" (we always seem to be on a line... no doubt due to the mountain)

Mar '15

The EDGE weather dude now claims 5-10" we shall see. Apparently a drastic change with the models suddenly

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Mar '15

@F4d - I just read that ( http://theedgeweather.blogspot.com/) . Are you kidding me? I was so "happy" with the 1-3" inches. I hope it's a mistake but I guess we can tell by 7 am.

Saw that on edge too also nj weather and severe weather mid Atlantic on facebook are all agreeing as per their latest posts :) bring it on.

Firstworldproblems Firstworldproblems
Mar '15

One more....yeah baby.

just coach just coach
Mar '15

in Sussex county, High Point Regional 90 Minute Delay - Due to Gov Christie's decl. of of emerg. HP operating on 90 min delay; hoping travel ban is lifted!

Read more: http://www.wsus1023.com/cc-common/closings/view_closings/?_show#ixzz3TTi9rf00

Since State of emergency does not mean there's a travel ban , whoever wrote that need to go to school again

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Mar '15

Yeah I have a flight tomorrow at a Princeton at 10:30. Better not be the case

Beastly22 Beastly22
Mar '15

I will know tomorrow what yesterdays weather was.

sallysimpson sallysimpson
Mar '15

RIght on SallySimpson!

redmink1 redmink1
Mar '15

Why is hackettstown schools never on nj12

Still no snow on the ground at 1:15 AM.

Well its snowing pretty good here in H'Town. It looks so pretty on all the trees. BUT my front tree is touching the ground its so heavy!

Be careful out there peeps!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Power went out in Oak Hill for five minutes.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Mar '15

Just saw a bright flash and heard a pop (sounded like a transformer). Power went out but back on in 1 minute. (Sharp st.)

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Mar '15

I'm just consoling myself with the fact that next week is in the 40's. It'll take a month just to melt all this mess away!

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Mar '15

Thank you Tinko , I love irony.

the 2-4 inch Predictions have to be low, we already have 4 inches in hackettstown and it is only 9:30

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

You happy now Darrin??? ; )

Mar '15

We've got 7-8 inches in Independence.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Mar '15

NOAA just upgraded our area to Winter Storm Warnings for 4-8 inches until 7PM this evening.

I am LOVIN IT bbu!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Props the Dr edge and his blog for getting this one right. Before I went to sleep last night news channels had us a dusting to 3 inches lol. While edge was saying 5-10

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Mar '15

You going skiing or sleding later today Darrin? Or you just like to look at it. Maybe you make $$$$$ when it snows. If so, good for you!

Mar '15

The wind is picking up. For those of you who haven't cleared your driveway, there is some wet heavy gunk under all of this powder. The snow looks beautiful, but I'm thinking SPRING!

Definitely an over performer. Models were showing this late yesterday.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Mar '15

What's the latest? It's snowing like crazy in Hackettstown. If it keeps up like this until 7 PM we're buried!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Mar '15

You're the best Bryan!!

You can call it "over performer" if you like, I just call it gorgeous!!

"The Snow we were missin'
Now the Tree Tops Glisten,
May all of your March's be white!!"

Snowmobiling bbu, and yes I will be going Saturday for sure! As for today it's playing with my quad!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Especially after the nasty mess of yesterday, I thought I would hate today's snow, but it is gorgeous out there ! Of course, I have yet to head out to shovel all of it !....Since we cant stop it, find the beauty of it ! Stay safe everyone and warm. Let the nasty comments begin....LOL

Mar '15

I AGREE HOCKEYMOM!!!! I always love snow! I wish we would get snowed in!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Enjoy Darrin!

Hey Bryan_NC - don't they need a forecaster in SC? LOL! jk!

Snow is slowing up in PM.

Mar '15

basically stopped in PV just now

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

[ "matt Posted~ ( Why is hackettstown schools never on nj12 )!"

I always say the same thing matt. My wife says, put NJ12 on, and I say "For What?"
"They think Hackettstown Is Hackensack!!"

They #1 cannot spell it, and #2....they can't even say it without getting Hackensack in the name!!............. Hackettsack!!

I guess the GSP doesn't run by here, and they think route 80 and 46 stops in Paterson.
Plus...they know that our school bus system is not needed; because our tough; and fit kids rough it walking to school!.....

Embryodad Embryodad
Mar '15

Arctic air moving in and really drying things out FAST! Despite what the radar may be showing. Radar was showing some VERY healthy heavier bands moving in from PA directly over us and all we had were some flurries or nothing at all as 5catmom reported.

yeh this would be the type of snow i enjoy. Not the messy stuff.

BBU the weather is boring here. 65 and showery this morning. No challenge in that forecast lol.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Mar '15

It was down to just some flurries here in Oxford a little while ago, but now it has picked up again.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

schools have to notify the radio/tv stations of closings - so I guess Htown didn't bother

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Damn Calico and I was just getting ready to go out with the snowblower!

5catmom - get on the phone list and you'll know every time when they close or delay.

Mar '15

Vic - My husband went out about an hour ago and is still out there. He wanted to get the bulk of it cleaned up. I bet he will want soup for lunch. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

In order for a school to be posted on news 12 online or across the TV they must subscribe and pay...my school I work at only does their online service because it costs extra for the TV listing. We also have a phone and email alert system too though.

Firstworldproblems Firstworldproblems
Mar '15

Yeah Calico I'd also like to get the bulk of it cleaned up now as I have to be back at work at 7 tonight. Much rather do it now rather than wake up a little early and clean up before heading off to work. But man it's back to pouring snow out there right now!

Up here in Independence (Highlands) it hasn't stopped snowing since it started early around 1am. Now it's REALLY picking up along with the wind. Enough already!

azgirl69 azgirl69
Mar '15

Slowed but never stopped "down in the 'Holler". Back on track for 18".

Bryan - "But it's a DRY snow". ;-)

snowing again - PV

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

There's a pretty good sized layer of slush/wet snow so if you can get that off now it won't turn to a 1/2 inch layer of ice as the cold front comes in.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Mar '15

Just did 4 driveways now just waiting for the plows to do the full road and not just a single lane like they've been doing all day here. Hopefully the worst is over and we can get this all done this afternoon and not have to wait until morning.

Darwin Darwin
Mar '15

GC - 18"??

Mar '15

Stopped here in Mansfield... is that it? The warning goes to 7pm....

Mar '15

Stopped in Independence too; it stopped earlier then started up again, now stopped, maybe its over???

kayaking kayaking
Mar '15

botheredbyuu2 - Yes, if it kept up the same pace until 7 PM tonight, the accumulation would be about 18". However, it's stopped for the first time here. The forecasts have also said to expect a stoppage around 4 PM. If what Bryan explained is what's happening and the northern air is now pushing away the southern storm, then that's what there is. But if the southern air pushes back again, then white flakes and 2" per hour. Looks very hard to predict even from the radar.

Radar shows the storm getting pushed southeast, so this might be it.

fuji
Mar '15

Yeah the storm is pushing south because it's riding the cold front which is also pushing south.

Dry snow is definitey the best GC.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Mar '15

So, you're saying "that's probably it for the snow" ?

Mar '15

Coming down again here on Alphano

fuji
Mar '15

Snowing again in Independence.

kayaking kayaking
Mar '15

and in pv----

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Breaking news: It's snowing in the same three-mile area.

fuji
Mar '15

I have to LOL at AccuWeather.com. It still says snow totaling 2-4 inches. Well, there's about 7" here already and it's still snowing.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Damn! I cleaned off the bulk a few hours ago and what has fallen since is freezing making it harder to come off. Temps have really fallen from earlier.

well - the path I shoveled on my deck to my bird feeders is snow covered yet AGAIN....so I guess there must still be something coming down....

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

We are at 8.5 on the mountain in LV on Flocktown. Just made a run on the hill with the sled to groom it;)

Blackcat Blackcat
Mar '15

Any idea how Schooley's Mountain is looking?

Hackettstownian
Mar '15

Official total for Hackettstown by a trained spotter is 5.5" (0.52" melted)/

More totals here:

http://www.wunderground.com/US/PA/055.html?MR=1

redmink1 redmink1
Mar '15

I definitely had more than 5.5 in Hackettstown - it was closer to 7.5.

There's nothing like having two small children to turn snow shoveling from a nuisance to an activity filled with peaceful serenity. I think I'd do it with a teaspoon if my wife would let me (-;

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

I'm sure, ianimal - they can be exhausting - probably more than shoveling

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

I agree Bonv...and after shoveling it felt more like a foot! lol

we definitely had more than 5.5 here too.

Mar '15

I measured 8.5 here around 2:30 on the mountain in LV.

Blackcat Blackcat
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.