Cracked Foundation

Can anyone recommend a mason to do foundation repairs? I'm not even sure if a mason is who we need. We have noticed a sizable crack in the basement wall. I am sure it is due to all the freezing weather and ice/snow. Thanks for your help.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Mar '15

Poured foundation or concrete block?

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

Nick Bencivengo--908-852-2630

joyful joyful
Mar '15

Hopefully it is a vertical crack and not I horizontal one. I was told a horizontal crack could be a more serious situation.

Joe M Joe M
Mar '15

Years ago we had a crack in our fioundation and being concerned, since it was our first house, we had the town inspector come out to see it. He checked out the crack and our concerns were put to rest. We just were told to fill it with concrete filler. It was a vertical crack that came from the house settling.

justwondering justwondering
Mar '15

When the ground thaws and the snow melts around your foundation, this will tell you if you have a problem or not. I hope not for your sake because once water finds its way into your basement it will most likely continue.

mike l mike l
Mar '15

I had an issue with vertical cracks in my poured concrete foundation walls back in 2013. Went with this company and have been very happy. No leaks since.

http://www.quality1stbasementsystems.com/

This Sussex County company is also very knowledgeable:
http://www.centurywaterproofing.com/

Always less problems with poured concrete, but many have no problems with concrete block as well. Horizontal cracks can be a sign of bulging inward which can be quite costly to properly repair. If you have a sump pump well and it has water in it and you have no sump pump start add a pump.

Old trick to discover "bulges." Grab a known-straight 2x4 or other long straight edge and hold against wall in different spots to find bulges.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.