Pohatcong Creek at Valley Road

Does anyone know this area well? You take Jackson Valley Rd. to Valley Road and it winds around to Mitchell Rd. Mt. Hope is located there. Remains of an old iron foundry (?) and the old Karrville Post Office and General Store. Does it flood the road there? Is it bad?

John Dees John Dees
Feb '15

What is Mt Hope? I know the area, but aren't quite sure what you are talking about.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Feb '15

we need "old man"..he was good at that stuff

Brad2
Feb '15

That area North of Port Murray, taking Karrsville off from Main St. in Port Murray is quite low once you go through the gap between the hills. I don't know if the road itself floods, but that area would be considered the floodplain of Pohatcong Creek and its tributaries and would be quite prone to flooding, especially snowmelt flooding channeled by ice from plowed snow, which is what's likely to happen Wednesday.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8056934,-74.925427,14z/data=!5m1!1e4

Make sure you have "view topography and elevation" selected on the top left and you'll see what I mean. The way to be sure though is to go to whatever branch of the Warren County Library is closest to that and ask the Reference Librarian for the flood maps for that particular area.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.