National Pistachio Day 2/26!

National Pistachio Day 2/26!

I love the pistachio! They are one of my favorites to snack on. Pistachio ice cream and pistachio pudding also rock!

Who else is a fan?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Saw a billboard yesterday coming down Rt 46 mountain for Pistachio coffee at QuikChek.Yuck!! I'm just not a coffee drinker. Love pistachio ice cream though. Yumm....

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Feb '15

I love them too. Have you noticed that several places put cashews in their pistachio ice cream? It's just so wrong on so many levels!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Feb '15

Channel 2 morning news said it's also bacon day. So wrap those nuts in bacon & enjoy!,

I love Pistachio Ice Cream as well and for a while the only place I could get it was as dessert at a Chinese Restaurant. Now Friendlys makes it so I can buy it at the grocery store or at Friendlys Restaurant..

joyful joyful
Feb '15

Calico - Psy is. He cracks his Gangnam Style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MkQBex-GeM

Me, I'll pass. I'm supposed to stay away from stuff like that.

Lady Jayne - No way! I had no idea. Is that something new? I haven't had any pistachio ice cream in quite a few years.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Love Pistachios but like GC they are a no no for me. DH eats the salt free ones for snacks.

Christine Christine
Feb '15

Really good pistachio ice cream at Das Creamery in Budd Lake in the strip mall with the Buddies Big Lots and DD. All of their ice cream is really good:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Feb '15

Re: National Pistachio Day 2/26!

I only get the no salt pistachios as well. My favorite brand ------------------------------>

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

I used to be a pistachio junkie and I always ate the red-dyed ones so I perpetually looked like I just got done murdering someone, lol.

You don't really see red pistachios any more...

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

They probably found out that the red dye caused cancer or something else. Eventually, we won't be able to ingest anything for fear or getting some kind of condition. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

I wonder why they dyed them red in the first place, lol...

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

LOL, there's actually a recent story on it...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/30/what-are-red-pistachios_n_6570944.html

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

My poor Granddaughter is allergic to tree nuts. She didn't get that from me. I love ALL nuts except Human ones. I feel sorry for them.

Old Gent Old Gent
Feb '15

I love pistachios...growing up I lived down the street from a nut and chocolate store. Grant's Nut Shop on Thomas Street in Bloomfield. I still can't decide what nut I love more..pistachios or cashews.

positive positive
Feb '15

Costco has good deals on pistachios - 3lb bag is a little over 20 bucks.

I buy the same ones Calico! I even get coupons for them.

I remember as a kid eating them and getting red finger tips. LOL

Christine Christine
Feb '15

positive - Thanks for the memory of Grant's Nut Shop!

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Walgreens has the one pound bag on sale this week for $6.49 ---- and if you have the 50c coupons that keep appearing in the sunday papers, it will only be $5.99.
I stocked up ---- I love pistachios and all nuts & seeds. They are so healthy with good fats and protein and keep you full for a long time.
Keep all nuts and seeds in the refrig. (and your nut butters too)

hapiest girl
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.