The Oscars

Anyone watch? I saw a little bit. Find it boring. Don't know most of the movies.
What I don't get is why do the actresses have to walk around with their loooooow cut dresses?? Whats the purpose?? Attention?? Like Jlo doesn't get enough. Just don't get it. Someone enlighten me please.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Feb '15

I watched all of the pre-Oscar fashion show on E. I love to see what everyone is wearing and you could bet your A$$ that if I looked half as good as JLo I would wear what she wears too. LOL!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '15

OMG Lady Gaga. Who knew?

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/videos/lady-gaga-climbs-evry-high-note-in-sound-of-music-tribute-20150223

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Feb '15

"What I don't get is why do the actresses have to walk around with their loooooow cut dresses??"

You must be a girl to ask that question. :)

Which still doesn't make sense to me, as I would imagine a girl in grade school starts to realize guys give attention to physically attractive women.

People complain about baseball games taking too long?

The Oscars extravaganza simply takes --- too --- long.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '15

I tape it every year. Takes me about an hour to watch. Love that fast forward. Loved tim mcgraw, eddie redamayne ( sp ), lady Gaga, etc.

just coach just coach
Feb '15

I miss the glamour of it all.

Ollie Ollie
Feb '15

They left out a lot of people in the "In Memorandum" part.

stressed out stressed out
Feb '15

YUM on the loooow cut dress but its the thigh high cut that gives me chills I would rather they wear dresses and not jeans and sweats

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Feb '15

Yes Josh, I'am. Why does a grown woman want "that" kind of attention? Grade school girls are different then grown women.

Jrzygirl-I wouldn't. What is the purpose? For attention?? Must have low self-esteem. I say grow up ladies!!

Feb '15

Personally I'm sick and tired of the "daring" stuff. Happily the overall trend this year seemed to be a bit more conservative.

Yeah, J-Lo is suffering from low self-esteem. That's it...

weeanimal weeanimal
Feb '15

Must be or she wouldn't walk around with her ta-tas hanging out, looking for attention.
Have some self respect.

Feb '15

@BBU seriously if you had that body and that face at 45 after two kids, hell at any age, why not flaunt it. Surely you don't think JLo lacks self-esteem. And why not for attention?? What woman doesn't love the feeling of knowing she looks smoking hot when she walks into a room and heads turn (both men and women), it's a great feeling. This is her thing, remember the green Versace dress from several years ago. Guess we will just disagree on this one..

@ JustCoach I loved the Tim McGraw tribute too needed tissues for that one. @Lady Jayne Lady Gaga never would have guessed!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '15

The green dress was the worst, EVER!! Yes, JG88 we definitely disagree on this one.
Would love to know your age, JG88.

Oh you know what I find strange, is the women who are built like a flat wall in that "area" and wear the same dress style like JLo. Come one. You look ridiculous!!!!!!

Feb '15

Lady Gaga was a "shocker"...but in a good way. She did a outstanding performance singing The Sound of Music" songs...

joyful joyful
Feb '15

Why does Lady Gaga need to sing all the time and go looking for attention? Because she's got a great voice? That's no excuse... she obviously has low self-esteem, lol.

weeanimal weeanimal
Feb '15

walk around with her ta-tas hanging out, looking for attention she got my attention

oldred
Feb '15

It's Hollywood. The same rules do not apply to we mortals and we are their best and worst critics as evidenced in this posting in the first place! I mean imagine being famous and criticized by mortals? Oh the agony! Lol

oldred i didnt know you enjoyed objectifying women

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '15

@BB not as old as JLo but not that far from it

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '15

How about John Revolta (oh, I meant Travolta .....??)
What a jerk.

hapiest girl
Feb '15

Hollyweird - A bunch of horses, showing their ass's, to a bunch of horse's asses, showing their asses.

snowsvcks snowsvcks
Feb '15

I don't think walking around in revealing clothing is an indication of low self esteem. They work hard and/or pay a lot of money for those bodies and are proud of them...as they should be. I would do the same if I had it to flaunt.

I even have an admiration for people who may not look great in that kind of attire but wear it anyway without giving a hoot what others think. Now that is confidence.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Feb '15

Re: The Oscars

I couldn't help it. When I saw this on FB I thought of this thread. Who says money can't buy happiness, for these guys anyway!

auntiel auntiel
Feb '15

That's funny, Auntiel!!

joyful joyful
Feb '15

@Jazzykatt: I couldn't agree more. If you have the confidence to wear it and don't fit the ideal, than all the power to ya!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.