Internal Medicine Dr.

I am trying to find a internal medicine doctor in the Washington, Hackettstown, Long Valley area. Please share if you have a doctor to refer...

Thank you...

N. Tulllo N. Tulllo
Feb '15

Dr Antonella Auciello at Medical Center Partners in the building next to the hospital. I've never heard anything negative, ever, and she is a very thorough doctor.

Rosie G Rosie G
Feb '15

Dr.Auciello is an exceptional doctor. I'm a patient, and I highly recommend her.

Mary Van der Mude Mary Van der Mude
Feb '15

Another vote for Dr. Auciello

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Feb '15

And another. Excellent dr. Compassionate, thorough, smart.

snowster
Feb '15

Dr Auciello!

Townies Townies
Feb '15

I called dr Aucello, and what I did not like is that they asked me for credit card upfront, they would charge me $50 for no show appt!!!! I used dr Lilian Theune

HHS mom HHS mom
Feb '15

Dr Auciello's radio advertisement presents well and caring; however, priorities differ. She hired a nurse ('advanced' practitioner) who does most (sometimes, all) of the doctor's work. Lorena a pushy person. Returning to Dr Ingrassia!

Another vote for Dr. Auciello!

I was never asked for a credit card upfront or after the fact. I have never ever seen the Advanced Practitioner or been referred to her.

Dr. Auciello has taken much time to listen to me during my visits in order to make a thorough diagnosis and never once have I felt rushed in and out.

Plus, she has great bedside manner.

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Feb '15

There are an awfully lot of recommendations in previous threads. Some are old, but many of the threads started a while ago have more recent comments.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/584038
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/542946
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/414265
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/229071

I like Dr. Theune - not Ingrassia.

copygirl copygirl
Feb '15

I did have to give a credit card to Dr Auciello before my first appointment, too. But when they explained to me that so many people call for an appointment then don't show up (really?? do people do that??), I understood. The doctors time is valuable, especially when you can't get an appointment when you want one. I showed up and wasn't charged. Now that I'm a regular patient it doesn't happen.

Rosie G Rosie G
Feb '15

I too have been a patient of Dr. Auciello's for a few years now. I absolutely love her :) She is an excellent doctor. Extremely thorough. I have referred her to many of my family and friends in the past. However, since the hiring of her associate, I have not been seen by Dr. Auciello for my last 6 appointments.....I am seen by her associate. So if you recommend Dr. Auciello, it is possible that they won't be seen by her.

doctor patient2 doctor patient2
Feb '15

Dear Doctor patient2 ~

Thanks for the heads up with Dr. Auciello and you not seeing her for the last 6 appointments.

As I said, this has never happened to me, but I will make sure when I make my next appointment to verify I will be seeing her and not her associate.

I agree with you - I love her too!

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Feb '15

Welcome to the 21st century. If you are looking for concierge medicine but only expect to shell out copay money then you are delusional. In this day and age of managed health plans, private practices are getting squeezed out of revenues. A good balance between quality of patient care versus time spent with them is always a concern. To address this issue, PCPs have to maximize their availability and focus on patients with more immediate and serious ailments. From a business perspective, having a Nurse Practitioner is the perfect partnership as they can work together to address and balance their time to manage patients according to their needs.
So you want to see the PCP because you have a cough or cold, seriously the doctor's time is better utilized with someone having more complex health history.
Lastly, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't be dissuaded by one or two haters who for all we know just didn't get their way, you know the ENTITLED ONES.

HatersWill B. Haters HatersWill B. Haters
Mar '15

I like dr.theune also

Melissa Melissa
Mar '15

WillB - It doesn't mean the doctor should feel entitled either. If I make an appointment with a doctor, I go to see a doctor. If I go to see a PA, I see a PA. My choice. And the cost is between the doctor and the insurance company. If the doctor doesn't accept what they get, they don't have to take the insurance. It works from both ends.

Personally I like Dr Merkle, and that's definitely not the attitude he has. It's partners, not adversarial.

When you call to make an appt, specify that you want an appt with the doctor ONLY. They will do it. If they won't, then time to move on to a different doctor.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

I saw Dr. Merkle for the first time and liked him as well as the rest of his staff. Also it is very refreshing to find a family practitioner.............babies to old farts like me. Hopefully I will continue to feel that way. I had used the same doctor in Englewood for many years but living here - the trip is not worth it............

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

There should be a doctors fee, and then a PA fee, they should not be the same,if your going to the doctor, why see a PA,your paying for a doctor!

I have been seeing Dr, Merkle now for a year. Love him......easy to get an appointment and spends time and explains everything.

If a Dr. asked me for a credit card I would refuse. Sorry but not keeping that on file for you to use when you want to. Most Dr.'s have a wait time but I will not wait long. Can I charge them for my time too?

Christine Christine
Mar '15

LoBo, I thoroughly agree - a doctor's fee, and than a PA fee. I've been to several doctors over the past couple of years and just got to see the PA.
I definitely do not think we should pay the same fee.

Joyce Polack Joyce Polack
Mar '15

Went to Merkle for a while. Although he spends time with you, to me he seems too vague on things. I switched now and am very happy. I have waited a long time at his office too. Not the waiting room but the exam room.
Like Christine said, waiting long we should charge for our time. Our time is just as important as their time.! Always use my debit card to pay copay and never had a problem, at any doctors office.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

My Dr in Washington, NJ Dr Paterno on RT 31. Been going to her since she was in Panther Valley. She was recommended by a friend. Very through and will listen to all your concerns.

Penny Penny
Mar '15

BBY I have paid with debit also BUT they want to keep the number on file in your chart. BIG DIFFERENCE.....Its there for anyone who works there to see and/or steal. Or to charge if you do not show up. Although I have never missed an appointment without calling that's just not normal IMO. I am still baffled as to why most Dr.'s charge to fill out papers. Disability papers, handicap placard papers, work notes etc. Isn't that what the fee should include? Or now there is a facility charge to use their office......yep especially now when Atlantic takes over for good.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Question for readers- has anyone had an Internal med dr ask them to sign a pledge form that states that the patient is expected to follow recommendations for care and if they don't then bad results can be expected. Is that legal. ? I mean why would a dr. Have a form like that?

A good day
Aug '16

never seen anything like that

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.