Tony's Luncheonette

I look at the calendar each week and see the Saturday evening dinners they have. They sound very good. Has anyone ever had one of their Saturday night dinners and if so, could you provide a review?

Thank you

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Feb '15

I haven't had the special actually in Tony's, but (with some other guys at work) sometimes pre-order a Saturday special to pick up on Monday at lunch. They've always been hefty portions of good, filling food (drink included) for around $10. If you're looking for gourmet cuisine from a 5 star restaurant, look elsewhere, but if you're looking for good comfort food made and served by nice local folks, then I'd say give them a try!

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '15

This is news to me. Tony's (on rt 57) sells a Sat dinner? Someone explain. Sats are very busy for us and a take out dinner would be great. Do they have a menu/web site?

USAfirst USAfirst
Feb '15

If you look at the events calender, the specials will show up here and there for Saturdays and also before Holidays like Thanksgiving.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '15

We have enjoyed Tony's Saturday night special dinners several times both for take out and sit down dinners . Really best to call and reserve either for take out or eat in, however. One time we did not call to reserve for the special that night which was turkey dinner. My husband was able to have the special but I had to choose something from the menu as they ran out. Tony is a very hard working man and a great chef. This is a very small place but well worth going there for other menu items too or just to stop by and pick up something to take home from the deli. They also do catering and I must say have about the best potato salad there and deli items around. They advertise on HL under events each week for their Saturday night specials and a phone number to call. Their daughter is a famous local singer and they also have her recent CD's there available for sale. Does it sound like we are a fan of Tony's? We are!!

joyful joyful
Feb '15

Have dinner at Tony's most Saturdays. If the weather is bad, I call and he will put it aside for pick up on Monday. Yes, with a soft drink included it's about $10. Wonderful family and great service. Give it a try. If I take it home, I get two meals out of one dinner. Delish'.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Feb '15

Tony is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! :)

Maureen Maureen
Feb '15

I see their posts and the dinners sound yummy! I am definitely going to try!

mom of one mom of one
Feb '15

Joyful, I'm a fan too..........and, yes, best potato salad.

wonderful wonderful
Feb '15

Thank you for the reviews. I will give them a try. Sounds so good and yummy....... ;)

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Feb '15

Great food!! Great family!!!

JerseyBabe JerseyBabe
Feb '15

Use to get from Tony's all the time when I worked at Bottle King. Great food :)

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Feb '15

Saturday night dinner is meat loaf with mashed potatoes, vegetable, dinner roll w/butter, and a small drink. $9.25 before tax. Call to reserve your dinner. (908) 852-5962.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Feb '15

I am definitely going to order this week! i am going to try their dinners during the week for take out....some nights are just too busy to cook.

mom of one mom of one
Feb '15

Best potato salad I've ever had in my life. I don't even bother making it myself anymore, because I can't make it as good as Tony's mom. It's kinda like the crack of potato salads, though. Once you start, good luck stopping eating. You've been warned. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

Dinner tonight was great as always. Real mashed potatoes. Definitely well worth the price. Give it a try next week. mom of one, the dinners are only on Saturdays. You can have a wonderful breakfast or lunch during the week.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Feb '15

Great meatloaf dinner, Tony...thanks. In fact while I was there, we signed up for the Valentine's Day dinner of chicken croquettes and the Feb. 28th dinner of roast turkey.

wonderful wonderful
Feb '15

We had breakfast at Tony's for the first time today. Enjoyed my Pancakes and Bacon. Didn't even bring home any left overs for Tyler! Tony's will be catering our 27th NJ St. Patrick's Social in March. Can't wait!

John C John C
Feb '15

What time is he open till on Saturdays?

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Feb '15

When I ordered my meals I was told they could be picked up from 4:30pm to 6:30pm, they close at 7pm.

wonderful wonderful
Feb '15

Thank you for that info. I will have to try a meal.

Feb '15

Great homemade chicken croquettes tonight, Tony. Thanks for a delicious meal. I'm glad we ordered a couple days ahead....cause when we were there at 4:30pm tonight you were already sold out.

wonderful wonderful
Feb '15

I also had the chicken croquettes tonight. What a filling dinner and it was all delicious! I am so hooked on this place and will be back. Such generous proportions and a great meal for my Valentines Day! If you have not tried them yet I highly recommend them!!!

caring mom caring mom
Feb '15

Tony's meals are great. Had lasagna, meatloaf, turkey. All very good and plentiful. Also stop in for great sub sandwiches.

copygirl copygirl
Feb '15

Re: Tony's Luncheonette

Tony's catered our 27th New Jersey Social this weekend. The food was excellent and everything that he promised happened. We will use him in the future for our event dinners.

John C John C
Mar '15

Where on Rt 57 is Tony's? Sounds like a place our family would enjoy.

hktownie hktownie
Mar '15

Right in front of Weis/Home Depot

Daddof1
Mar '15

Just wondering if Tony's just drops off the food or does he have people to set up, serve and then pack up? Thanks!

We picked up to save the delivery charge and dropped off the returnable items this morning. He will deliver, not sure if he'll set things up.

John C John C
Mar '15

What is the meal for Saturday?

Mar '15

Corned beef and cabbage...

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

If the Corned Beef and Cabbage is like what they made for us last Saturday, you are all in for a great supper! Our hat's are off to the cook!

John C John C
Mar '15

Sounds like I need to order a few, John C. Thanks for the tip.

Mar '15

Iris

You could give Tony a call at 908-852-5962, though I'd recommend not calling between 11:15 and 1:00 perhaps, since that's when they're very busy taking orders for lunch and serving it. They're really nice folks there, but it's tough for anyone to give you a good answer when they're in the middle of the lunch rush.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

Thanks Phil D for the info.

Mar '15

Theresas (Tonys Mom) meatballs are the best!! just like homemade not rubbery or enhanced with fake meat flavoring!

mommajoe mommajoe
Mar '15

Recently had the meatloaf dinner which my neighbor recommended....OMG, besides the great tasting meat, even the creamy mashed potatoes, delicious gravy, and sweet tasting corn was so enjoyable.....cant wait to taste his other specials.

I go there for dinner just about every Sat. night in the fall and winter. NEVER had a bad meal. I love the Kayla cheese steak sandwich. Their 2 daughters are both great singers and have released some CD. I have them all and have seen them in person. If you are looking for a GREAT meal I highly recommend it.

Snowflake Snowflake
Jul '15

What is the special for this Saturday night dinner? Do they run the specials in the summer?.

Jul '15

We just enjoyed a late breakfast at Tony's...It is pretty much self serve during the day...no fuss or fanciness but a great breakfast and reasonable. I believe they are now doing Friday special luncheons if I am not mistaken and may still be doing the special Saturday evening dinners as well..Not sure! Very hardworking and honest people...and serve great food. You can stop there for a salad to go all summer long too...Plus as Snowflake mentioned...they have two daughters with voices of a Angel...and their CD's are available for purchase there as well....

joyful joyful
Jul '15

Does anyone have their catering menu? Have used Tony's for catering and thoughts?

I have been to many events that Tony's has catered over the years. His Potato Salad is to die for!! Just stop by the store and, I am sure, He will be happy to give you a catering menu and price list..

joyful joyful
Mar '18

I love their Belly Buster Breakfast sandwich!!! 2 fried eggs, cheese and pork roll on a Kaiser roll. It is so good!!!

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Mar '18

All the food is great! My faves are potato salad and Italian hot dog. As good as Dee’s on Rte 22 and Jimmy Buff’s in Irvington!

Dottie Dottie
Nov '20

Dottie..... You are so right!!!! and the service... Impeccable!!!! and Friendly!!!!

camille parker camille parker
Nov '20

I have lived in this area for 14 years and have never thought about going into Tony's, but I have been looking for a good potato salad since 3-in-1 Deli in Hopatcong changed owners -- I'll have to try Tony's. I'm also excited about the Italian hotdog recommendation -- I grew up in Bloomfield and didn't know that any place west of Jimmy Buff's in West Orange did a decent Italian hot dog!

As an extra bonus, I'm interested in their catering menu -- I'm hoping to have a grad party in the spring/summer and need help with some of the food.

Cuppa Cuppa
Nov '20

OMG. Cuppa. I used to get that potato salad, too in Hopatcong. Loved it and never found any the same. I have to stop in Tony's, too.

DogDayAfternoon
Nov '20

@Cuppa wow I have not thought about 3-1 Deli's potato salad in years!! It was the BEST around. My ex lived in Hopatcong and there were nights I would eat an entire container by myself for dinner! LOL.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '20

Potato Salad at the Sub Pub is excellent, and I’m pretty picky.

Stymie Stymie
Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.