Favorite Non Super Bowl Day memory

Mine was either 1999 or 2000. I forget the year. It was in Hackettstown at my place and I had a dear friend over. We spent the day together and watched "16 Great Hours of Andy Griffith" on TBS. We had a ball. Had some beverages and made Shephards Pie. We had a wonderful day together and never watched a single play of the Super Bowl.

At least I have some good memories.

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Jan '15

Jan. 31, 1993, when Dallas blew out Buffalo at the Rose Bowl, I had quite a day.

The night before at about midnight, I got a phone call from the president of Warren County Community College ... the report that was to be evaluated so WCCC could get accredited for the first time, got finished too late to get sent Fed Ex ... it had to be on the desk of the Dean of Students at Chesapeake Community College in Maryland, in the Kent Narrows area, at 9 a.m. Monday, Feb. 1.

It was Andy to the rescue ... I picked up the report Sunday morning and drove it down to Maryland ... the Middle States accreditation had to be done out-of-state to ensure objectivity...checked in at a nearby motel, watched the game, and delivered the goods the next morning.

They told me I could take my time coming back ... I always enjoyed going to Maryland anyway, as the guys who live on the sports threads already know.

It was Andy's Super Sunday ride, part of WCCC history, as the school got accredited.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.