Sheet metal for heat shield for wood stove

Finally getting ready for the new wood stove install and we're looking for a store/business where we can buy a sheet of 24 gauge sheet metal of a specific size to use as a heat shield.
Would the company on Willow Grove that does the railings- I can't recall the name- be a possible resource?
TIA!

Blackcat Blackcat
Jan '15

Blackcat - That's Lodi Welding and it would hurt to give a quick call. But it wasn't my first thought. I would try places that do scrap metal like check with Kucharski's on Ryan Road.

eds trading post in independence on rt 46.

Hackettstown sheet metal on Stiger street. They can make anything you want.

madhouse madhouse
Jan '15

You could call Hackettstown Sheet Metal over by the police station. They are really good guys and I'm sure they can help you out. (908) 852-3752

M & K M & K
Jan '15

Thanks for all the info!

Blackcat Blackcat
Jan '15

The manufacture of the stove may have a heat shield for your stove. When we put our Vermont Casting in we also got the heat shield from them.

Good luck with your search and enjoy the warmth!!!!

Joe C. Joe C.
Jan '15

You know you need an air space behind it?

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jan '15

there is a specific shield that works with your stove. wherever you bought the stove should have sold it to you also.. please check on it before you buy sheet metal.. never heard of that before.

scoop scoop
Jan '15

They used to sell heat shields at home depot, you do need an air gap behind it. my first house I cut fireproof sheet rock in strips to put behind it and then lagged it to the wall, I think vermont castings dealer recommended at least a 2" gap. Worked well.

bluelinr
Jan '15

This is for the wall- not the stove. There is one installed on the stove itself. Yes, we know there needs to be a space behind it- got the spacer kit already:) believe me- don't want to burn the house down;)

Blackcat Blackcat
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.