Hackettstown High School Group 3 Sports

Increased population entering the high school,I understand that the high school is moving into group 3 competition. Also Newton,Lenape Valley,and some of the sussex county schools could be dropping to group 1.It seems Sparta is holding its own,as well as High Point,and Vernon! This should really open up the league in football,as well as other sports.

It will be that much more challenging.

The Tigers won their 2001 soccer state title in Group 3.

I've found that, regardless of school size, the teams that win big things are the ones that have a D-1 athlete on the field .... someone who really impacts the game.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

Parsippany Hills will probably start showing up on the Tigers' football schedules now.

Be prepared for a challenge ... I saw them beat West Morris last year.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

Why would their regular season schedule change? The only thing that should change is the playoff grouping that they are in. Jefferson is in their division and they are group 3. I think Morris catholic is group 1. I don't think they will be moved to another division but I could be wrong. It just makes it a more important game for everyone they play - they get more power points if they beat hackettstown.

Football fan Football fan
Jan '15

The NWJAC realigns divisions based on school size and strength of the program.

Bobby Grauso told me when H-town made the switch from the Skyland Conference to this conference, that a big part of the appeal was that the Tigers would get a fair shake when it came to the opportunity to get power points.

Some Skyland schools have gotten short shrift recently because they played a schedule that did not produce many power points. Bernards recently was 8-2 and did not make the playoffs because their division in the Skyland had a bunch of group ones in it ... a similar thing happened to North Warren a few years ago.

Since that happened, North Warren has also jumped to the NWJAC.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

I think they also will face Dover and West Morris,and Mendham,and Warren Hills will become a regular game.

They've done a good job of keeping Warren Hills on their schedules, even though the Blue Streaks have stayed in the Skyland Conference (and that God-awful Mid-State football conference)

It would be great to see Hackettstown play West Morris, Voorhees, and/or Mount Olive on a regular basis in all sports.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

Your right Andy,North Warren and Mendham too,would be good!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.