Who is marching in the 2015 Hackettstown St. Patrick's Day Parade

HI.. just thought I would put this out there to see who will be marching down Main Street in the Hackettstown St. Patrick's Day on Sunday March 15 !

Michele Michele
Jan '15

The 27th New Jersey will be marching as usual. This year we will be joined by President an Mrs Lincoln and General Grant.

John C John C
Jan '15

Lou Murphy will be there!!!!!

Of Course John C - we got your registration!

FYI - here's the link to the parade site with the list of the registrations we've received --- so if you know of any other groups not listed, please have them follow the link to register!

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/news/2014/12/2015-st-patricks-parade-sun-march

trekster3- trekster3-
Jan '15

Re: Who is marching in the 2015 Hackettstown St. Patrick's Day Parade

General Grant is so looking forward to visiting Hackettstown on March 15th. We will need to find a good cigar store for him, plus everyone knows about his whiskey problem lol!

John C John C
Jan '15

Oh and by the way we use A LOT of volunteers - carrying banners, assisting with the lineup, etc. So if you know of anyone that needs community service hours we'd be happy to sign-off --- should be over 15-16 to do the banners.

Volunteers and any other groups that need to register, here's the link -
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oZ6J62TVxgryLVuqidkqDNKf0Uen2Zkbcfwae2w1ACE/viewform

Wendy @ Hkt BID Wendy @ Hkt BID
Jan '15

My mom and all her silly rotary club buddies

Yay...Hackettstown High / Middle School Marching Bands. :-)

dsl1029 dsl1029
Jan '15

Auto Perfection (Auto Detailing) will be there.

Jay Maya Jay Maya
Mar '15

We have over 100 groups this year (counting all the scouts) so it's going to be a good one --- the lineups come out tomorrow!

trekster3- trekster3-
Mar '15

What's the route and where can spectators park?

SeanD SeanD
Mar '15

My husband will be marching with the American Legion members. Be sure to stand up when the American Flag passes by.

Here's ours!

John C John C
Mar '15

Wow - we have over 1,200 marchers scheduled!

SeanD - The parade starts in front of Bea McNally's on Grand Ave. - Turns right onto Main St. / Route 46 - goes all the way to David's, then goes down Mountain Ave. to the Cemetery. The public parking lots fill up pretty early by 2:30 or so - but there is plenty of parking on all of the side streets.

Mar '15

FYI - The Lineup has been released - any questions, just let us know!

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/news/2015/3/st-patricks-parade-participant

Mar '15

Hmmm "CARS: Remember to decorate with an Irish flair and show your St Patrick's spirit. ABSOLUTELY NO ENGINE REVVING OR EXCESSIVE HORN BLOWING"

Next you will have to push the car through the parade! wonder how many of the ruststangs will adhere to no reving, and how many of the fire trucks will adhere to no excessive horn blowing

I will only be spectating, not taking my car out when there is so much snow melt.

Is this new stuff implemented? No reving, forms to fill out to hand out candy? No throwing candy, you must place it in peoples hands?

More interestingly "COSTUMED CHARACTERS: The Hackettstown Police Department needs to know if your group will have any costumed characters with concealed faces. If you have a marcher in full costume and their face is not visible, you must let us know."

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Yea people don't like the engines reving because they can't hear the bands. it's one of the biggest complaints we get
We don't want people throwing candy out of their cars because most can't reach the crowd and then there is candy all in the street and the kids run into the street. Anytime we can afford the kids running into the middle of the street we will

darwin darwin
Mar '15

Some of the older cars need to rev to keep them from loading up from constantly idling, just sayin as I own a few older cars and have driven in the parade. My car didn't want to idle that long, and you also get the occasional "lets hear whats under the hood!!!" or "rev it up!!!" request too, but interesting point that I didn't think of darwin.

Maybe a better organized parade keeping the cars separate from the bands and floats?

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Great consideration is taken in organizing the lineup and there are several things we need to consider - we do the best we can....

trekster3- trekster3-
Mar '15

I imagine it is way tougher than it seems like it would be!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Dave Kelber will be broadcasting it on RNJ ...

I may just tear myself away from all the college basketball to listen (-;

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '15

I was hoping we'd be behind the senior musketeers since they give us good cadience with their fife and drum, but beggars can't be choosers. Looking forward to a fun parade.

John C John C
Mar '15

"COSTUMED CHARACTERS: The Hackettstown Police Department needs to know if your group will have any costumed characters with concealed faces. If you have a marcher in full costume and their face is not visible, you must let us know."

Well that's bizarre. Just paranoia or is there some threat that they are expecting/anticipating that wouldn't occur if faces were not obscured? Or will the concealment simply get in the way of big brother watching the festivities ;-)?

justintime justintime
Mar '15

Does anyone know if there is designated viewing areas for handicapped (wheelchair)? Thank you.

Lifeistooshort Lifeistooshort
Mar '15

Is unauthorized fun allowed at the parade or do you have to get a permit for that too?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '15

Glad the radio station is doing this again.

http://wrnjradio.com/community-news/2015/dave-kelber-will-be-broadcasting-live-the-7th-annual-hackettstown-st-patricks-day-parade-today31515/

ooonoo ooonoo
Mar '15

When is it and what time

I'm looking forward to covering this event as the Parade Photographer!!
Photos will be available via my website, www.NickScaleraPhotography.com

2015 Hackettstown St. Patrick's Day Parade:
http://www.hackettstownbid.com/news/2014/12/2015-st-patricks-parade-sun-march

Nick Scalera Photo Nick Scalera Photo
Mar '15

Dave Kelber sounded like his jolly old self on the radio today.

Rev. Frank Fowler was there helping him bring us all the action.

Hackettstown's own version of March Madness ... totally awe-some BA-BEEEE

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '15

It was a great parade, even though it was freezing! Great job to all the organizers!

One thing I just had to shake my head at though...there were a few people near us who stood a foot from the curb, facing the oncoming parade. There were 4-5 of them, so they essentially blocked the view of the parade participants until they were almost right in front of us. They did this the entire parade...seemed completely oblivious to the fact that they were blocking the view of others! I'm not one for confrontation, so I didn't say anything, but really--who does that?

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Mar '15

"Excuse me but you probably don't realize you're blocking peoples' views. Could you please move back a bit?"

I had a similar situation at a concert - two heads snuggling together ahead of me - and he was very tall. I nicely told them I couldn't see and they did the right thing. People do not always realize ...................

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

As a marcher in yesterday's parade, the only issue we had was the group of girls just in front of us. Instead of handing out the candy as required, they were just tossing it into the street, including on the yellow line. We had children running into the street grabbing the candy right in front of us forcing us to halt and put more space between us.
Other than that, the crowds were great. Lots of camera's clicking away. I hope to see some photo's posted soon.

John C John C
Mar '15

Here is a couple.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

and another

Christine Christine
Mar '15

LehighValleyLive/The Express-Times Photo Gallery (96 photos posted last night):

http://photos.lehighvalleylive.com/4424/gallery/hackettstown_st_patricks_day_p/index.html#/0

300+ Parade photos will also be available in the next few days via my website! :)

Mar '15

Thank you Christine. I'll give you credit on our website.

John C John C
Mar '15

These guys are always one of my Favorites. Despite the cold I thought the parade was wonderful.

Grascal
Mar '15

The flair these guys add is always a treat.

Grascal
Mar '15

Grascal, thanks for coming out, glad you had a nice time! This is one of my favorite parades, very appreciative crowd! Nice pics.

Bruin Bruin
Mar '15

The 2015 Hackettstown St. Patrick's Parade Photos are available:
https://2015hackettstownstpatricksday.shutterfly.com/

Mar '15

Just an fyi the Hackettstown Police Department did not require you to report a mask to them. It is unknown where that came from or who authorized the use of the Police Departments name.

Trueblue
Mar '15

Trueblue, I am not sure where you got your info from but the BID was told by HPD that they needed to know who was behind all the masks. If you have any questions you can call the BID.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

It came directly from the police chief and he personally communicated it to the BID

And here's a perfect example of why the request was made. There was someone in a character costume that didn't seem to be in any group. Just walked down the parade route alone. Cops were notified and spoke with the person. We want to make we are providing a safe parade

Darwin Darwin
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.