Mini Crib vs Folding Crib

Thinking about purchasing a crib for grandchildren visits. Anyone have any opinion or recommendations...

Get a large pack n play. Easy to store away, small enough to hide in closet. Light enough to move from room to room, carry upstairs and down, easy to take outside, use as a playpen. Storage for diapers and their goodies when they are not at grandma's. I've seen it used as a toy box when the grand kids got older.

auntiel auntiel
Jan '15

I purchased a used crib for when my granddaughter sleeps over. It is a newer one so it meets all the regulations.

I have a regular size Child Craft crib in quite good condition if anyone wants it. Was used for when the grand kids visited but they are both in regular beds now. The only issue is the side that raises/lowers. We cable tied it so it wouldn't accidentally drop. Anyways, it is free for the taking. Includes mattress and an assortment of sheets, etc.

Depends on how much room you have & how much use it will get. For my 1st grandson ( who was here very often), I had a full sized crib set up in a spare bedroom. Recently did a renovation & needed to find something much smaller & went to a portable, foldable crib (they come in many sizes). Though this option is good, I much preferred the larger crib because of the thicker mattress. I layered a comforter on the very thin pad that comes with the folding crib, & it works fine for the occasional nap at Grandma's house.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.