Frozen shoulder

anyone else dealing with thiis condition?

Toms
Jan '15

Toms, had it this time last year. Very painful. Really could not move my arm. The quicker you get to the doctor, the shorter time you will suffer. X-Ray to rule out bursitis. Took a prescription anti inflammatory 2 times a day. Muscle relaxer before bed. 3 days and back to normal. No pain, no meds. Good luck!

Ugh! Yes! So painful. Saw Dr. Deehan at Skylands Orthopedics. Ended up needing a steroid injection which helped considerably. That along with some anti-inflammatories and exercise once I was able to move it, lol.

Terry P
Jan '15

sounds like something with vodka in it! :-) Get well soon!

blah blah bouy
Jan '15

I had manipulation under anestesia. I cannot believe the pain. PT seems to worsen it. I am exhausted.

Toms
Jan '15

About 10 years ago I reached back in my car to get the seat belt and it felt like someone took a razor to my shoulder. Couldn't move for a half hour, finally held my arm to my chest but was practically frozen. Went to the doctor two days later when I could first attempt to drive. Got some aleve and did PT with ultrasound and electric pulse. Keeping it moving just very small range of motion is what gradually got it back in order. Absolutely awful two months worth.

Hubby has a appointment at Skylands in the next few days for the bursitis he gets so badly in his left shoulder. His Dr there. usually gives him a shot and he is good to go for a while until the pain returns.

joyful joyful
Jan '15

oh I thought this thread was about road conditions! Good luck all!

hktownie hktownie
Jan '15

Had this same condition, both shoulders for over a year until range of motion was seriously & painfully limited. After doctor consult, did P/T for 6 weeks, 2-3x per week, hour sessions. Mix of stretching/strengthening exercises, therapist aided stretches, & heat wraps. Well worth the effort and discomfort. Got back 95% range of motion and lots of exercises to do at home to finish it off.

Leslie Leslie
Jan '15

Mee too hktownie. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

I thought someone was selling extra pork, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

A few people in my family experienced this. For some of them it was related to a thyroid problem. If you don't get annual physicals, I suggest getting some bloodwork drawn to check your thyroid/blood calcium levels. Good luck!

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.