Restaurant for 40th Birthday Dinner

I'm planning a birthday dinner for my husband's 40th birthday. I'm looking to go someplace local that will make this a special event but is not too expensive. Looking to spend ($25-$30 pp) for about 15 people. Any recommendations are appreciated!

jrzgirl76 jrzgirl76
Jan '15

I just did this for my friend's 40th in September. I did it at Mama's and they were very accommodating. I worked out a plan for $20 a head which included 2 appetizers for the group, salad, 2 family style entrees and pitchers of water and soda. I had to pay extra for a kids meal and dessert/coffee because I didn't like any of the plan options. They sat us in the back room with another party, but they have curtains to separate us. It was a bit loud with both parties but we had a great time and I was happy they worked with me on the price.

MO Htown MO Htown
Jan '15

The Exchange in Rockaway, NJ:
http://www.exchangefood.com/family-style.html

Ronnie Ronnie
Jan '15

Many good choices. For 15 people if you could go $35 my choice would be the Churrascaria. That would get them the rodizio service and 15 people is just the right size for the place. Beautiful. And top notch food.

If you want to stick to the $25 range then I'd say Stella G's for a private party.

There are a number of other choices, but that's the best value to me.

Bell's Mansion in Stanhope, had a lovely dinner there for 15 people , they gave us a private room just the right size ... what a nice place.....also Redwoods in Chester is wonderful, had my daughters shower there, and the food was great, nice atmosphere, and easy to get to....

bowie bowie
Jan '15

With the weather this time of year, I'm think we'll stay closer to H'town area so people don't have to travel as far. Another suggestion I got was for Top of the Green at Apple Mountain in Oxford. Does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

jrzgirl76 jrzgirl76
Jan '15

Try Draught House in Washington. They have good prices, different seating areas (pool room, main dining area, banquet room). Great beer and liquor selection too.

RichG RichG
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.