Marshalls in Mansfield Commons?

Is this move or just another mistake on a website?

http://www.nrdc.com/properties/retail/mansfield-commons#!leasing-plan

Brad2
Jan '15

Hmmmmm....This would be nice

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jan '15

That is where the old Sears was, says August 2015 opening.

kb2755 kb2755
Jan '15

Says opening in August , that should be nice.

So what happens to the Marshalls in Hackettstown a few miles away? Seems very odd to have 2 stores that close to each other.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Jan '15

Well, if they close up, they won't have to fix up the shelves...oh wait, never-mind.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jan '15

Oh please. We need something better. And that's such a bad spot for a business.
Party City is over there and they never have customers. Cant really see those busineses from the road.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

Maybe they'll switch one to a Home Goods or TJ Maxx? Total speculation but they are all under the same parent company.

ladeevee ladeevee
Jan '15

Old Navy??? Always thought that would be a good fit in the Sears store

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Jan '15

Traffic counts of 17,580 per day on 57? Is that right?

Denise Denise
Jan '15

I can only assume the Marshalls by Lowes will move. It makes zero sense to have 2 in a 5 mile radius of each other.
Party city never has customers? Thats news to me - I go in there and spend stupid money for birthday parties and during Halloween they were swamped.
I am super happy with the new businesses that are coming to Mansfield. I hope more are on their way.

Natalie Natalie
Jan '15

Home Goods would be awesome. There is a new combined Home Goods/Marshall's in Phillipsburg that is out of this world!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Jan '15

Home Goods already is in Budd Lake, and Old Navy is in ITC so neither of those need another store within 5-6 mi. The time to get behind something like American Eagle or Aeorpostale and others was when the BID study was done and a broker was discussing ideas like that. But the residents around Bergen Tool came out with the pitch forks and torches saying anything with college kids in their area was DOA.

As for Marshalls there were some people who worked there saying it might close. Sounds like it's going to close only to move. I'd wonder if Lowes wants the additional space.

Lowes doesn't need the additional space. I actually wonder how Lowes manages to stay in business, with a busy lowes right up in ITC and Home Depot in Mansfield which is usually busier.

Eperot Eperot
Jan '15

Trader joes would be my choice. At least somewhere in the area.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Jan '15

Halloween is the only time they are busy. Go there now and see. Nobody!

As for TJ Maxx and Home Goods, they are terrible, like Marshalls. JMO.

Jan '15

While i love Homegoods, it would be silly to put one in Mansfield when there's already one in Budd Lake. I find that if I'm looking for something for the house, it'svalways good to check there first. Most of the time the price is significantly less than other stores. For me, it works. The great thing about this area is we have many choices in a small area so if you don't like one place, you can go someplace else that meets your needs.

Bessie Bessie
Jan '15

you can never have enough home goods!!! i'm glad something is finally moving in the old sears spot.

Poppy Girl
Jan '15

To honest, I am relieved. I had heard from a few sources about 8-10 months ago that PetSmart was seriously considering moving into that space. While I don't have anything against PetSmart, I ***really*** love the fact that we have local, family-owned pet supply stores in town (Tickner's, Hackettstown Pets) and was dreading that they would be put out of business by a big-box pet store.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Pet Smart is NOT moving into that space; this I have from a very reliable source.
Is the former Sears any bigger than what Marshalls has now? That is the only reason I can see why they would move.

Pet Value is there also. Has been for years. They just moved across the street in the strip mall with Pizza Hut.

Jan '15

It looks like there is a pet store moving into the mall by Piggy's . Don't remember which one as I get them all mixed up !

Mariann Mariann
Jan '15

Mariann - That's Pet Value that just moved as BBY mentioned.

The new Pet Valu is REALLY NICE.....

Marshalls where Sears used to be?? GREAT!!! I won't have to cross town to buy my coffee or dog poop bags.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '15

JR - thats quite a combo.

Natalie Natalie
Jan '15

LOL hey, you find 'em where you find 'em!!!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '15

I think I single handily keep the Lowe's open in town. I spend way too much money there.

smilingbecs smilingbecs
Jan '15

Hmm I think it would be nice to see Reynolds, dress barn, Sam goody, everybody's, afterthoughts, Joanne fabrics, blimpies or and Kmart there. Whattya say we get the ol' crew back together again?! Lol

"Whattya say we get the ol' crew back together again?"

Only if they rebuild the Jamesway too.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jan '15

I think a HomeGoods would be awesome! I'm not impressed by Marshalls, so hope they aren't just relocating. I know there's one in Budd Lake, but it would be far more convenient for anyone who doesn't routinely drive through 46. Also, I can only get out there on the weekends and every time I go those stores are a ZOO!!! This area is getting very crowded...

somechik somechik
Jan '15

Hoping they combine Marshalls, TJ Max and HomeGoods all under one roof. That would make me VERY happy!

joyful joyful
Jan '15

Marshalls is having their grand openning this comming Thurs. 9/3/2015 at 8 am.

Big Red Big Red
Aug '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.