Hackettstown in the News 2015

Might as well start this year's version........

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/01/warren_county_man_2_others_arr.html#incart_river

Is anyone else tired of reading about Tiffany and her heroin addiction. She has been given many opportunities to get help.

He activities and quantities caught with indicate she is a dealer as well as a junkie.

Why is this POS not in jail with all her arrests in 2014???????

From reading the story, the dealer/junkies product did not agree with one of their customers and they called the police to do a check on her. I guess a murder charge if the trip ended up bad crossed their minds.

Time for Tiffany to do some serious time before she kills someone, including herself

reynolds
Jan '15

She is a mess. Like the one from LV.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

The young lady needs help desperately- not to be slammed and called names because of her disease. It is a very sad situation.

Right on Greg! I was just about to post something similar. Addiction is the worst disease in the world.

D.Muse
Jan '15

Calling someone with a disease a mess ....how classy and compassionate

Missrx Missrx
Jan '15

A disease that will kill others too!!!

Although addiction is a disease I do not feel sorry for her, she decided to put the needle in her body knowing full well the addictive nature of heroin.

She needs to be off the streets and draining our society. Rehab has obviously not helped.

She is a mess, that is not calling her a name, it is the truth.

reynolds
Jan '15

Glad the police caught a dealer, heroin is a devastating drug. A good friend of mine's now ex-husband got really deep into it, started with Vicodin for his back pain, couple years later he's stealing from his family and friends for heroin.

Their marriage couldn't be saved after everything he put her through, but these people need serious help. You don't shoot dangerous chemicals into your arm unless there's something really wrong with you to begin with. Hopefully they get it.

Thank you to the hackettstown police for helping keep drugs out of our community.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Jan '15

People don't choose to get cancer or ms. Those are diseases. Doing drugs is a choice!

justpassinthru
Jan '15

Maybe you can have some sympathy for an addict. But once they turn into dealers then they become an enemy to our community. A danger to our teenagers and a threat to every pure in our society. I am struggling to comprehend how this person is not in jail.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/10/hackettstown_woman_sold_prescr.html

Darwin Darwin
Jan '15

It's like a giant game of catch and release our cops are playing with this person

Darwin Darwin
Jan '15

Dealers should be handled with a silver bullet. That would certainly solve things.

btownguy btownguy
Jan '15

Silver bullet would solve things, huh? What would you do to their customer base (the multitudes who desire the service), without whom the dealers wouldn't have any incentive to provide product? Without a reduction in demand no solution would be had. So yeah, it's much better to just kill them because murder is just peachy! And think about it, with such a large customer base you'd have a never-ending source of victims - oh happy days!

Or maybe we should look inward, ask ourselves what we're doing for our own families, relatives, friends and acquaintances, some of whom are obviously on drugs because the problem is sooooo huge it can't possibly not affect us personally. Which ones will you kill btownguy? Will you spare your wife if she develops a habit due to a choice to experiment with drugs, or due to a medical treatment gone awry? How about your neighbor - one pop across the yard and all is well in the world?

Sheesh, where do you guys come up with this stuff?

How about, instead of just saying to kill everyone you don't like, you deal with your own and encourage others to do the same. If everyone did that the problem would truly be manageable. And for those who don't have anyone to pull them back from the brink, maybe find ways to get them help?

Or maybe you're right and we should just kill them all. Yeah, that's it. Just kill 'em all. Seems to be the standard response to everything these days.

justintime justintime
Jan '15

+100000000 JIT

I could not have said it any better!

Christine Christine
Jan '15

I agree with justpassin. Drugs, booze & smoking cigarettes are a choice, not a disease. Government chose to label them as a disease. No one put a gun to their head and told them you better do this or die. They made their own choice. Free will is what got them addicted. Yes it's a shame, and yes there are plenty of government programs out there to help these poor souls, which is another choice they need to make. As long as it is labeled a disease the Government benefits from the cash flow. I do not believe the Government really cares as long as there's money, money, money coming in. War on Drugs, what a crock.

auntiel auntiel
Jan '15

Yup, eliminate the dealers. They take lives from others through distribution and so they're a waste of life. As for those with a habit, help should be offered - but on a one or two strike policy. That said, users shouldn't get away scot free either. However, if you had used your eyes and brains, JIT, you would note that my statement was in regard to the DEALERS only. But, it's easier to jump to conclusions for you.

It's just another reason why the death penalty needs to be expanded - drug dealers, pedophiles, rapists and child abusers. All those that remove the ability to live a normal life should have their life removed. Easy as pie.

However, to answer your question, If a family member or significant other developed a habit, I would try to help them. If they refused the help after a good effort, relapsed or were just unwilling, then they can hit the bricks. I am not about to drain my time, resources or effort on an individual that chose destructive behavior and is unwilling to accept treatment or help. I'll try but I'm not draining my life because they made a stupid choice.

btownguy btownguy
Jan '15

BTW I know Tiffany. It sucks that this once nice (any very pretty) girl is now just a junkie but thats what happens when you shoot dope! Atleast while she is in jail she isnt stealing or turning tricks to afford her habit.

anti-dope man!
Jan '15

Blaming dealers, and making them a target of my hate because it's easy, for consumer demand makes a lot of sense btownguy, I can see that now. Next time I'll check my brain at the door of HL and just bring my emotions with me. Thanks for setting me straight!

Justintime Justintime
Jan '15

"Next time I'll check my brain at the door of HL and just bring my emotions with me"

Hahahahaha!! Good one JIT:)

Thanks reynolds.

A lot of you are saying feel sorry for her, its a disease, she needs help, etc......but when I said that about the woman who burnt her baby to death, I got my head bit off! SMH!

Jan '15

It has yet to be determined what came first, the disease or the addict. Most addicts are self-medicating for some other underlying issue usually mental illness and that itself is a disease and if not properly addressed by no one's fault it manifests into individuals self-medicating. No addict enjoys their addiction. Why do some people become addicts while others with the same scenario do not is the question of which came first the disease or the addiction.

Drug dealers are "a" culprit. Get rid of one and another is waiting right there to take his place.

Yes, I get mad when I read this but I don't think that this is what these 2 decided to grow up to be. Something along the way went wrong and I pray they get the help they need. They are not responsible for anyone else's addiction just their own.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Jan '15

"Next time I'll check my brain at the door of HL and just bring my emotions with me."
Wait ----- doesn't this need to be in the Moving to NJ thread?

Surprised the dude wants to spring for silver. Harsh, cold.

I say just legalize pot and we can eliminate thousands of dealers overnight. That's a start.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Jan '15

If you eliminated cars, would car salesmen all be permanently unemployed or would they put their sales skills to work hawking a different product?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

It pains me that everyone feels sorry for addicts. I for one do not! They made the choice to do the drugs in the first place. They will do almost anything for their next fix, lying, stealing and neglecting their own children just to name a few.

Also they blame everyone else for their actions, (example) because someone doesn't love them they decided to do drugs. REALLY!! Come on! Or they didn't have a good childhood so it's their parents fault. The list could go on for days but the truth is they decided to not deal appropriately with life. They chose to do drugs to dull the pain or escape from life for a time. Then the next thing you know they have a so called disease. A self inflicted one that everyone around them must pay the price. I don't think so!

And just to be clear I have personal experience with a family member who is in prison for drug use. And I am very clear with him that it was his choice and he must pay the price for his choice. Do I still love him? Of course I do but do I have to be responsible for his wrong choice. NO!

SomeOne SomeOne
Jan '15

I don't feel sorry for them, but I do feel sorry for the people whose lives they ruin.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

"Blaming dealers, and making them a target of my hate because it's easy, for consumer demand makes a lot of sense btownguy"

What we can't even hate drug dealers now??? it's not their fault, they are just supply the demand? WTF

darwin darwin
Jan '15

Darwin, hating isn't the solution is it? I don't have any compassion for them either, I just happen to understand that if consumers want a product there will *always* be someone to meet the need. ALWAYS.

So the problem isn't really the dealers, the problem is the people who want the drugs in the first place, why they want drugs and why, after being educated about the hazards, they make the initial choice to start. IMO continuous education is the only real solution - killing folks just won't do it.

Justintime Justintime
Jan '15

understood... however when the demand is not always there, dealers have been known to create the demand. hence the name drug pushers.

but ridding our town of dealers, thru the legal system and not thru a silver bullet :) , is a good thing. And when someone has been arrested TWICE for dealing and then is arrested yet again with 60bags, one has to question why is our legal system failing us. How can this person still among us?

And yes i understand if we get rid of one dealer another one might pop up, but let's at least try to get rid of this one. again thru the legal system

darwin darwin
Jan '15

Darwin, I know what you mean. Just this week I had three solicitors at my door selling drugs. Combined with the folks selling in front of walmart I'm guessing the drug trade is slow these days for the pushers ;-)

Seriously though, I agree with just about everything except the "solutions" that only deal with the symptom and not the root of the problem.

Justintime Justintime
Jan '15

Justintime are you detached from the real world? or maybe on drugs yourself? Because you just dont seem to get it! I get it, hell I know the one drug addict that got arrested (see my other comments) also I have used/abused drugs in the past (never heroin though) I refuse to buy into cop-out stories and excuses.I live in the real world. Its a ugly world at times but its real. I never feel for the "helpless addict" BS that at times I was told I was nor wil I buy into that for any other weak drug addict. We all make choices in life. No one is helpless! If you do drugs you will die sooner then not using them. I know ive lost some years. That said the lies that are taught by the goverment and NA make me sick.Its like excusing a child molesters actions or a serial killer....a easy way to make the guilty look like a victim. The only way to stop drugs is to make them legal...yes I said it...but there is a catch....make all drug users register. They must carry a drug addict ID...then no goverment help...no foodstamps no welfare...no housing nothing! Then if they dont follow the drug user guildlines or break any other laws(felony) shoot them dead. Its that easy! Problem sorta solves itself.

anti-dope man!
Jan '15

No dope- not sure what I don't get. Do you realize that I am in general agreement with legalizing some drugs, that initial *choices* are the primary actions that lead to addictions, that calling addictions a disease is not quite medically correct (even though an addicts symptoms can resemble that of a disease), and that once addicted external help is almost always the best solution. Many people have addictions- it's just that the majority of them are relatively minor compared to drug addictions.

What did I write previously that's offending you? That I think wanting to kill dealers is wrong, or that the dealers aren't the real problem, only a symptom of it?

Justintime Justintime
Jan '15

for anyone interested in some "unusual" research/conclusions about addiction - I just stumbled over this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/the-real-cause-of-addicti_b_6506936.html

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

So as this story comes out, and I read about the growing problem in the area, I get news today that a friend from my time touring and playing music, who had been clean for a year, died last night of an overdose. He relapsed, and now he's gone. We haven't been as close since I stopped playing music for a living, but it still hurts. He was a great guy before his addiction. He had so much to look forward to, as I was keeping up with his new band that showed a lot of promise. They were going to be out on a full US tour in 6 weeks. They just released a new song and it was fantastic.

Heroin is awful, and while I don't believe in just killing people who deal, when they're caught, they shouldn't breathe free air again. It was his choice to use again, but those who supply are carrying out death sentences. No mercy.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Jan '15

5catmom --- interesting idea and undoubtedly a big part of the equation; unhappy people who feel unloved are more likely to become addicted. Got it. But how one tells an unhappy rat from a happy rat is a mystery. And how someone gives the loved the unloved addicted person may be harder than it sounds. Often they are in an unloved environment of either their own making or, worse yet, in their own mind. Perhaps that's why so many seemingly successful, happy, safe, regular people fall prey.

Still steers me to treatment over incarceration, care over cast off, but I don't think just a ladle of love will do it; some people need to learn to love themselves and those around them as well to move forward. And I too, am a big believer in three strikes and KMAYOYO.

Jan '15

When you make poor choices in life,and break the law,you pay the price! Pretty simple,rob a store, go to jail! Drunk driving go to jail,use dope,or sell dope,go to jail!
If you make pot legal,and your driving,is it still DWI,you need a whole set of new laws.

LoBo: yes, you will need new laws and new tools. Not only DFWS (driving while stoned) limits and detection tools, but legal limits for how stoked the weed, how stoked the brownie, etc. And to avoid Federal legalities, these are cash businesses with all that entails.

Luckily there will be a number of models by then.

Jan '15

Does anyone even know what "addiction " means?....I used to think the same way ....that....drug users are all losers and they should just stop using. There is "physical dependency " it does not matter if it is percocet or heroin. Legally prescribed or not, after one month of taking any opiate..... physical dependency sets in. I am in my 60's and it took me 40 years to finally understand why they do terrible things to get their drugs. Unless you have experienced the horrific ordeal of withdrawals, you're in no position to judge those in trouble. Maybe if the media and schools would do a better job of showing the actual "dope sickness", starting with fifth grade,the kids would think twice before experimenting with drugs. All they show is how to buy, use, what it looks like, how great they feel..... but I am yet to see them show the actual withdrawals. They take drugs, go to rehab, and come out all happy and better. Geez , that doesn't seem so bad. See the anti smoking commercials?... how graphic they can be?..... THAT'S the kind of ads we need for drug use, shown during kids t.v. shows. We then give the existing addicts what they need to avoid the bowels of hell. Now they won't have to steal or deal. No new generation of addicts, prison cost of 40k a year. It cost about 50cents to give the meds and studies show that other countries who did this had a decrease in prostitution, burglaries, etc. AND majority of them returned to work. Yes, there's always an exception to the rule, however, the future benefits greatly outweigh the cons. I don't think the cartel would be ok with this.

terry page terry page
Jan '15

"It cost about 50cents to give the meds..."

Which meds are you referring to exactly, Terry?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

"Maybe if the media and schools would do a better job of showing the actual "dope sickness", starting with fifth grade,the kids would think twice before experimenting with drugs"

parents can't do that???

darwin darwin
Jan '15

What the addicts do when they get caught? Go to rehab and come out acting as if they did nothing wrong and everyone should help them. And believe the smoke they try to blow up everyone's butt. "Oh I learned my lesson this time", "We don't have to live like that anymore" and "Their new found faith." blah blah blah

Come on all these rehabs do is get them clean for now, fill their heads with it's not your fault you have a disease, think positively and come to as many meetings as you can. Until they have to deal with life once again in the real world, where there are ups and downs, stress and more stress to make ends meet. And guess what they end up using again because they choose to not deal with life. Because it's easier to not feel for a while then to stand up and do what you need to do. How pathic!!

SomeOne SomeOne
Jan '15

Darwin is absolutely correct. But most parents don't even want their children to even hear ANYTHING about drugs, to shield them from reality. Then the kids experiment with drugs, not knowing what the real consequence. Rebecka can Google how Switzerland handles their drug problems and what meds they use. And yes, it cost about 50 cents... maybe a couple of dollars a day to treat the existing addicts, aka physical dependency. Better than locking them up, at a cost of 40k a year.... only to be let out a year later..... even a BETTER criminal.... selling drugs to your kids, because they can't get it any other way. It's a vicious cycle that can be curbed if you think about how the whole thing logically. The war on drugs is such a money maker.... billions in cash flow through everyone involved, including boarder patrol. It seems the buyers are getting busted more than the sellers......hhmmm...not about money? Stop the demand, through treatment and education and the dealers will be out of business. I hope the cartel doesn't see this post.

terry page terry page
Jan '15

The "huffer of LV" is back in the news. Got arrested 2/1 for not paying her cab fare (glad she's not driving) shoplifting cans to huff from Walmart and some other stuff. She obviously isnt getting the help she needs. (On Mansfield Police Blotter)

Feb '15

botheredbyuu2..TMZ is calling!!!

outsider outsider
Feb '15

HAHA very funny. I like to be kept up on whats going on in my town. Just like everyone else. No one on here misses a thing. :)

Feb '15

Here's the link to the article on Huffy. Bail again. Sigh.....when are they going to stop letting her out? They should make her responsible to pay the salaries of the poor police officers that have to keep arresting her over and over.

http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2015/02/trespassers_reported_at_walmar.html

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Calico - you be Harvey and I'll be Charles. LMFAO!!

Feb '15

Looking at Mansfield PD Facebook page..Scott Peluso of Hackettstown arrested for shoplifting..is that the Pres of the BID? I hope not!

Keith Detombeur is president of the BID.

Christine Christine
Feb '15

According to the BID website, Scott Peluso is the president for 2015, Keith Detombeur is the vice president. Jim Sheldon is the director.

bruce juice
Feb '15

Sadly heroin is becoming if not already the #1 drug around NJ. (Who knows maybe it has been for awhile but now the stories just seem to be in the paper everyday about some heroin addict). I've known 3 recent heroin addicts alone (none that I associate w/anymore once they turned to drugs or I found out they used....trust me on that), one is a teacher who brought her good ol "medicine" to work, one is someone who is now pregnant, and another who was FINALLY arrested (but not due to the heroin but on more severe charges). 2 out of the 3 went to rehab..did it work? of course not. I do not think or believe at all that becoming a drug addict is a disease. You choose to try that drug and become hooked on it. The only time I could even come close to comparing it to a disease is if you were born an addict. A guy I once knew was born with an addictive personality because his mom did some heavy drugs while she was pregnant with him. He was even told by doctors to stay as far away as he could from drugs and alcohol because he would be come instantly hooked on them. He tried and did a good job of it until he was around 28 and started using I found out (I hadn't seen/spoken to him really in a few years). Now he is living at home w/his parents at 32 (adoptive), barely working, and using all the drugs he can find. My whole outlook on it is if you want to do drugs and screw your own life over go for it! Have fun! However, do not come near me, my family, my friends, and don't screw over your own family because "your disease" needs to be fed more. Because I know that any hardcore user (or any user for that matter) has no problem stealing, pawning things off, playing to the emotions of loved ones, and just using those around you. I know people who get the help they need and actually quit because they want to, some even cold turkey. Then you get the users who claim they can't quit because they are in too far or they don't know how to stop. No, you do know how to stop, its you don't WANT to stop. You can never get an addict to stop if they don't want to. Even if this person goes to jail, unless they WANT to stop, as soon as they get out they will go find their next fix.

Sorry I get really heated over this because I do know drug addicts whether they were once friends or people I went to school with, etc. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever if they don't want to find the help they obviously need and actually try. 2 out of the 3 people I mentioned before at the top went to rehab, one even had their parents shell out $30,000 for rehab. Now look where they are. One is in jail (for hopefully a very very long time) and the other went to rehab, quit after a few days because it was too hard and is now pregnant (and I am PRAYING she is truly off of it for the sake of this child. I do know the father of the child is keeping a very close watch on this person).

Okay I promise rant over...for now lol.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Feb '15

http://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/unregistered-sex-offender-found-living-long-valley-illegal-rifle-cops-say

I just saw this on the LV patch (counts as local enough)

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Feb '15

The FB page says Puluso, not Peluso. Are you sure you are talking about the same person?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Bruce, makes sense haven't been to a meeting this year yet.

Calico is right different spelling. Do not know who KD is but for him to make this accusation is not right. SHAME ON YOU!

Christine Christine
Feb '15

The BID president is also the wrong age for the shop lifter. Definitely wrong person.

I'm surprised there wasn't a whole controversial thread on this. 85 year old crashes car into IHOP.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/02/85-year-old_saying_she_is_blin.html#incart_river

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

I can't believe they didn't issue her a ticket. She could have killed someone.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

I actually saw the aftermath of this the other day on my way home from running errands because my daughter's mystery fever kept her and I from daycare/work. At first it looked like the car might have hit the building but I couldn't tell. There were a bunch of Rooter trucks, so I thought maybe a plumbing issue. I figured I'd read about it on the forum. Old lady should have gotten a ticket for running the red light, regardless of whether it was an "accident" or not.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Feb '15

The one other thing I found odd was that she blamed "sun glare" even though she was travelling south on Mountain Ave. I suppose it's possible but I've always had issues with sun glare when travelling east-west and not so much travelling south (and obviously not at all when travelling north).

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

Technically the road is north/south but it essentially runs parallel with 46 there. I'm not sure what the sun glare is like over there at that time of day, but the sun has to be high enough in the sky to not interfere with the light. Also, doesn't that light flash white to prevent sun glare blindness?

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Feb '15

No, it was Scott Peluso. I'm not sure he should be in BID at all. This was confirmed by a cop friend of mine. It was light bulbs. Apparently he's banned from WalMart for life.

James Tilrey James Tilrey
Feb '15

If anyone follows Mansfield PD on facebook, it seems to almost be a daily occurrence that someone is arrested for shoplifting at Walmart.

Denis Denis
Feb '15

The name was recently changed on NJ.com from Puluso to Peluso. The editor admitted the mistake.

Gagababy
Feb '15

Personally if I was going to shoplift, I would pick a better store.

Feb '15

and i certainly wouldn't be putting light bulbs down my pants :)

darwin darwin
Feb '15

"is that a flourescent tube or are you just happy to see me......"

Feb '15

Shame, Shame, mistergoogle!!!

joyful joyful
Feb '15

ha ha ha

skippy skippy
Feb '15

lmbo

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '15

Another DWI. Hackettstown Life is mentioned in the article.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/03/independence_township_man_char_6.html#incart_river

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

an other idiot who could have killed someone

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

HL and "a yelp posting" are now definitive sources of information? Yikes.

I thought the same thing GC. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Hackettstown man in his 50's involved in accident http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2015/03/man_airlifted_to_hospital_following_route_80_crash.html#incart_river

Tinkodinko Tinkodinko
Mar '15

Lets, pray for him and his family that he will be alright

Wow! Praying for him.

Mar '15

On 3/27/15 at approx 9:48PM a Hackettstown Police officer walked into the Quick Check (80 Main St) and the officer was approached by 21yro Sebastian Smith of Independence Twp, NJ. Smith then engaged in a conversation with the officer. While Smith was talking to the officer, the officer observed Smith exhibiting signs of heroin use by having abnormally constricted pupils. Through a further investigation it was determined that Smith had in his possession 9 wax paper packages labeled “SNIPER” containing suspected heroin, 3 hypodermic needles and a plastic container containing suspected cocaine residue and raw marijuana seeds. Smith was charged with possession of heroin, possession of hypodermic needles, possession of drug paraphernalia and being under the influence of CDS. Smith was unable to post the $5,000.00 bail and was then lodged in the Warren County Correctional Facility.

Hey Sebby - Way to go genius. Making your family proud.

Do a search on Sebby and learn about his growing criminal background from arson to burglary.

Reynolds
Mar '15

Lovely history - how many more chances does he get?

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Seen his name quite often in the police blotters. Real gem.

Mar '15

Lol... Who would approach a cop while they are high!

Metsman Metsman
Mar '15

@Reynolds - the sentence he received for the arson conviction was ridiculous!

an updated story with the person name on 3/29 accident , he remained in critical condition, prayers for him

I hate this line in the article "The crash remains under investigation, but no charges had been filed as of noon Monday, Williams said." I mean come on, are they going to file charges against him now

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/local/2015/03/30/route-closed-chopper-landing-rockaway-twp/70672636/

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Mar '15

Tinko it probably means they are testing his blood for a possibility of DUI.

Hope the man recovers.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

I was stuck a little less than a mile from the accident. Saw the car - totally horrific - I am surprised the man lived.

Kate S. Kate S.
Mar '15

Maybe he had a health issue. Wishing him the best.

Mar '15

Nice.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/03/hackettstown_woman_gets_carneg.html#incart_river_mobile

Well deserved!

Christine Christine
Apr '15

So that kid Sebastion Smith has been getting in trouble for years as a teen. Where are his parents and what have they been doing to get this kid help? I know there's only so much you can do though if you have tried your best.

villani villani
Apr '15

Police finally arrested the guy who robbed the woman at the Bank of America drive-thru last year.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/04/hackettstown_man_wanted_for_ro.html#incart_river

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Oddly written article on the bank robbery. The second to last paragraph says the sergent could not be sure it was the same individual that robbed the woman, but the beginning of the article said it was - unless writing "a man with the same name and age" is not conclusive proof.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '15

Poorly written article...

Press Release(4/9/15): NJ Wanted Person/Drug Arrest And A Warrant Arrest.
On 4/9/15 at approx 1:15PM a Hackettstown Police officer was in the area of the Shell Station on Rt46, when the officer observed 32yro Annamaria Karner of Mansfield Twp, NJ. The officer had knowledge that Annamaria was a wanted person out of the Warred County Prosecutors Office. The original offense was for forgery. The officer then confronted Annamaria and through a further investigation it was determined that she had in her possession 7 Meloxicam pills and 2 plastic straws with suspected CDS residue. Annamaria was charged with possession of Meloxicam pills and possession of drug paraphernalia. Annamaria was then lodged in the Warren County Correctional Facility.

This is the forgery EMT from mansfield.

skippy skippy
Apr '15

Meloxicam? Isn't that an NSAID? That makes about as much sense as snorting Advil or Aleve and trying to get high off it...

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

And she was an EMT. That's scary!

Apr '15

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/04/hackettstown_driver_passengers.html#incart_river

17 year old crossed over the lane! Hmmm......

Apr '15

This isn't really Hackettstown, but more New Jersey. I just thought it was funny because of the (probably) blind endorsement of Alstede Farms from a well-established company and news site - yuck.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/geico/new-jersey-is-the-east-coasts-best-kept-secret?b=1#.puYKDo8KW

LngVly22 LngVly22
Apr '15

Wow!!! A 17 year old crossed over the yellow line! What do you think, Sherlock?

Clancy Clancy
Apr '15

Pyro on the loose.
https://www.facebook.com/hackettstownpd/posts/878987678824165

Denis Denis
Apr '15

Press Release(4/17/15): Attempt To Identify Arson Suspect
On 4/16/15 at approx 10:30AM the Hackettstown Police responded to the Topo Restaurant (218 Main St) in reference to a criminal mischief complaint. The officer observed a table umbrella that had been burned and the cause of the fire was a direct ignition source. Also on 4/16/15, the officer responded to 210 Main St for a report of a burglary. It was determined that the suspect entered the structure and attempted to light the plastic coverings that were placed on the windows due to renovation on fire. That fire was also started by a direct ignition. On the exterior of 210 Main St the suspect attempted to light the end of a coax cable on fire. On 4/16/15 at approx 4:25AM the Hackettstown Police and the Hackettstown Fire Department responded to a dumpster fire in the rear of Michael’s Salon (220 Main St). Through video surveillance that has been obtained, it showed the suspect using a lighter to ignite the umbrella. The suspect would light the umbrella, then walk a short distance away to watch it burn. The suspect was then last seen walking on Rt46(Main St)East and onto West Plane St. Approximately 5 minutes later, the vehicle pictured was seen exiting West Plane St and turned left onto RT46 west. Approximately 10 minutes later, the same vehicle was observed traveling west on Rt46 again, going past the scenes. At this time, it’s unsure if the vehicle is related to the crimes. The crimes occurred on 4/16/15 between midnight and 5:00AM. Anyone with information on the individual or the vehicle is asked to call the Hackettstown Police Department at 908-852-3300 or 908-852-3302.

littlelu littlelu
Apr '15

Take the time to ck out the link that Denis posted. It shows pictures of the suspect and a car that may have been involved.

littlelu littlelu
Apr '15

I don't know how to post this info, littlelu, but maybe a new thread should be started regarding this. Maybe more would read it and know who this is. I don't get notices from the police dept but was told about it. Must stop him before a larger fire is started.

justwondering justwondering
Apr '15

Good suggestion, justwondering!

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Apr '15

Press Release(4/20/15): Aggravated Arson/Burglary/Arson/Disorderly Conduct Arrest.
The Hackettstown Police Department has made an arrest in the Arson cases that occurred between midnight and 5:00AM on 4/16/15. The police department received a tip after someone saw the suspect’s picture on the Hackettstown Police Departments Facebook Page. The information that the detectives received led them to 21yro Connor Cashman of Bayonne, NJ. On 4/20/15, Connor was charged with criminal attempt to commit aggravated arson (2nd degree crime) and burglary (3rd degree crime) for 210 Main St, charged with arson (3rd degree crime) for 218 Main St and charged with disorderly conduct for 220 Main St. Connor was unable to post the $50,000 bail with no 10% option and was then lodged in the Warren County Correctional Facility.

Denis Denis
Apr '15

From Bayonne. Wonder what his gripe with H'town is.

Apr '15

He is/was a Centenary student majoring in Business Administration, apparently.

Maybe one of his classes this semester was on "torching a business for the insurance money" and that was his final project?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Anyone else thinking about the President' House?

Apr '15

Wow had not thought about the president's house fire. No way to prove it now or for them to go back for another look

justpassinthru
Apr '15

Glad they got him. From the beginning I thought about the presidents house when I read the article about the fires. I would bet my last dollar he had something to do with it.

Teenie
Apr '15

I know it will never be proven but it just seems too coincidental that a house, unoccupied I believe, burns so badly and it is right across from the school. Now a short time later, this person who is a student is caught trying to burn main street businesses. So happy there were cameras that were able to get his photo.

Apr '15

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/05/hackettstown_man_sues_bar_afte.html#incart_river

That will teach him to get intoxicated.

May '15

She strikes again

On May 29, 2015 at 4:52 pm police responded to the PNC Bank on the report of a possible fraud. When police arrived they were met outside by a bank employee who pointed out a female who was attempting to cash two health insurance checks made out to another person. The investigation revealed the female, Annamarie Karner (32) of Mansfield, had endorsed both checks using the payee's name. She had stolen the checks from the victim whom she resides with. She was arrested and charged with two counts of forgery, uttering, and theft. She was lodged in the Warren County Jail after being unable to post $7500.00 bail. The investigation is ongoing and more charges are expected.

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '15

OMG! That's the EMT woman, correct? She needs help.

Jun '15

indeed it is

skippy skippy
Jun '15

she doing fine, its been a whole 3 months since she was last arrested:

http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2015/02/mansfield_township_police_arre_5.html

darwin darwin
Jun '15

So, who still thinks it was wrong to kick her off of the EMT squad?

emaxxman emaxxman
Jun '15

You forgot her getting picked up for drugs at she'll and an active warrant in between

Press Release(4/9/15): NJ Wanted Person/Drug Arrest And A Warrant Arrest.
On 4/9/15 at approx 1:15PM a Hackettstown Police officer was in the area of the Shell Station on Rt46, when the officer observed 32yro Annamaria Karner of Mansfield Twp, NJ. The officer had knowledge that Annamaria was a wanted person out of the Warred County Prosecutors Office. The original offense was for forgery. The officer then confronted Annamaria and through a further investigation it was determined that she had in her possession 7 Meloxicam pills and 2 plastic straws with suspected CDS residue. Annamaria was charged with possession of Meloxicam pills and possession of drug paraphernalia. Annamaria was then lodged in the Warren County Correctional Facility.

skippy skippy
Jun '15

Good call skippy, i missed that one. She's been very busy this spring

Darwin Darwin
Jun '15

Why the hell is she still walking the streets?

pampurr pampurr
Jun '15

shes not - cant make bail

skippy skippy
Jun '15

At 1:07 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the Quick Chek on Main Street in reference to a female believed to be in possession of a controlled dangerous substance.

The ensuing investigation determined that a bail bonds company had Tiffany Michalko, 26, of Nashville, Tenn., in custody on four warrants that were issued by the Warren County Superior Court.

Prior to her being put into custody, Michalko tossed four bags of suspected heroin stamped “Silver Surfer,” a hypodermic needle, a glass pipe with Brillo, several empty heroin wax folds and two empty plastic bags with suspected heroin residue into the bushes, police said.

Michalko was charged with possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia. Her bail was set at $7,500.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/local/2015/06/01/hackettstown-police-wanted-woman-heroin/28322631/

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Jun '15

I cant believe heroin is back en vogue - it is such a destructive drug

skippy skippy
Jun '15

i saw that going down, very strange how those two guys took her to their Cadillac SUV, i thought that maybe it was a kidnapping.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jun '15

No shortage of drug-related news items .........

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/06/hackettstown_woman_faces_cocai.html

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/06/warren_county_drug-dealing_inv.html

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/06/mansfield_township_woman_faces_4.html#incart_related_stories

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2015/06/mansfield_township_man_charged_5.html#incart_related_stories

hapiest girl
Jun '15

Here's another..."Chad Camel, 34, of Hackettstown, were arrested on heroin distribution charges, the sheriff said. "

http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/index.ssf/2015/06/traffic_stop_nets_3_arrests_700_worth_of_heroin_pa.html#incart_river

Jun '15

Looks like the police have been pretty busy.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

and to think I read that people think these activities and arrests are hidden -under the carpet as it were -

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Kimberly Bradley from one of the above links has also been arrested twice in 4 days for shoplifting at Walmart

https://m.facebook.com/28MTPD/posts/707057876069227

Darwin Darwin
Jun '15

One of the comments on the FB post was great "... and Walmart needs to hire the National Guard".

probably about 5 or so years ago Walmart knew an employee was stealing money. She was skimming money off that registers (she was manager) when counting down the draws. They knew for a while before they called the police she was doing because they wanted to wait until she stole enough money that it was a felony. They have security watching pretty heavily in there.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jun '15

I'm shocked no one posted "Man running naked in Hackettstown" 6/17. Shelly & Mitchell. Your slipping.

auntiel auntiel
Jun '15

Yeah that's my neighborhood. Thankfully he stayed on the other side and didn't come to my side. LOL...

Metsman Metsman
Jun '15

Scott Peluso the same Scott that coaches our little kids was arrested for stealing???

lala1313 lala1313
Jun '15

This is not young Mr. Dughi's first time....he is making a career out of it.

On 6/26/15 at approx 3:15PM the Hackettstown Police responded to the 100 block of Fifth St for a report of a burglary. When officers arrived on scene, the officers observed the rear and side doors kicked in and damaged. The victim reported approximately $295.00 worth of jewelry stolen. On 6/26/15, the stolen jewelry was sold at The Gold Mine in Hackettstown by 26yro Matthew Dughi of Independence Twp, NJ. On 6/30/15, Matthew was charged with burglary by entering a structure, theft of movable property, criminal trespass and theft by deception. Matthew was released pending a court appearance.

On 6/22/15 at approx 2:45PM the Hackettstown Police responded to the 100 block of Carol Dr for a report of a burglary. When officers arrived on scene, the officers observed a brick to be thrown through a rear back door window and entry was made into the residence. The victim reported approximately $2,050.00 worth of jewelry stolen. Through an investigation it was determined that 26yro Matthew Dughi of Independence Twp, NJ committed the burglary and theft. On 6/30/15, Matthew was charged with burglary by entering a structure, theft of movable property and criminal trespass. Matthew was released pending a court appearance.

Reynolds
Jul '15

Is this 5th street in Countryside?

pampurr pampurr
Jul '15

This guy is a real genius. Why would you pawn the stuff you stole in the same town it was stolen from. LOL...

Metsman Metsman
Jul '15

Yup another Countryside break in..

pampurr pampurr
Jul '15

Metsman, its not even the first time he did this. He did the exact same thing in 2013 and got caught. guess he has a hard time learning his lesson. I'd at least hope the stores on Main St have his picture up and know if he comes in trying to sell something, odds are they are stolen.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/hackettstown/duo-stole-then-pawned-music-equipment-cops-say

darwin darwin
Jul '15

so as Reynolds' mentioned he's been busy... this was his at least 5th time being charged with burglary. Last time he got 9months.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2013/06/hackettstown_man_sentenced_to_2.html

darwin darwin
Jul '15

Guess he'll get a few years this time.

Metsman Metsman
Jul '15

What happened to 3 strikes laws?

skippy skippy
Jul '15

He is lucky none of the homeowners shot him. I know the Castle Doctrine is not the law in NJ but most will protect themselves.

Reynolds
Jul '15

What'll happen is the person who shoots him will spend the rest of their life in jail. This state is screwed up.

Metsman Metsman
Jul '15

I was thinking the same thing but figured I didn't want to go down that rabbit hole - if he tried that at JR or Darrins house he would have been a smear on the carpet lol

skippy skippy
Jul '15

lol... what are they packing... cannons!

Metsman Metsman
Jul '15

Wouldn't shock me - I certainly would if I could lol
New Jersey has a self-defense law based on the castle doctrine. It allows for the use of deadly force within one’s home and wherever the person has a right to be - there is no stand your ground provision out side the domicile

NJS 2C:3-4 and 3-6

c. (1) Notwithstanding the provisions of N.J.S.2C:3-5, N.J.S.2C:3-9, or this section, the use of force or deadly force upon or toward an intruder who is unlawfully in a dwelling is justifiable when the actor reasonably believes that the force is immediately necessary for the purpose of protecting himself or other persons in the dwelling against the use of unlawful force by the intruder on the present occasion

skippy skippy
Jul '15

What's amazing is that this clown is out on the streets after being arrested twice in five days. Released pending a court appearance, really.

kb2755 kb2755
Jul '15

33 year old miscreant who lives with mommy and daddy in independence - I sincerely hope the courts exercise their full discretion under the law to prosecute this recidivist

Skippy Skippy
Jul '15

it seems its the same people over and over again:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/local/2015/07/08/two-women-charged-report-hackettstown-burglary/29857713/

and her in 2014:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/05/washington_man_woman_arrested.html

says she was sentenced to 3 yrs in 2010 for the shoplifting and in 2009 for a yr for drugs.

darwin darwin
Jul '15

Isn't this the same address that the above mentioned individual also burglarized?

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jul '15

Drugs make people desperate. I have a family member that steals from other family and pawns the stuff off to get drugs. It's sad...

Metsman Metsman
Jul '15

Sorry metsman- I hope they recover one day

skippy skippy
Jul '15

It is. Sad, disgusting, terrible disease. But people like these have been sent to rehab multiple times, or cleaned up in jail. I'm a firm believer in once you are given a CHANCE to get clean, there's no excuse to go back. That's why I said some should just get it over with, their families are hurting more than they are. It's a selfish disease that takes everything you have. These people end up dead or in prison.

And I was also wondering how can someone be released on their own recognizance when they have pending felonies. They just keep getting arrested, and there IS a three strike law. Chad is looking at 25 years after all is said and done.

Aces911 Aces911
Jul '15

I just saw this on the news.

POLICE: DRUNKEN HACKETTSTOWN MAN CALLS 911 WITH FALSE REPORT TO HITCH RIDE HOME

http://7online.com/news/cops-drunken-nj-man-calls-911-to-hitch-ride-home/835297/

Joe M Joe M
Jul '15

I hope Dario gave them a nice tip for the lift. He even got free room and board out of it.

Denis Denis
Jul '15

lol - confession time - I have been too drunk to drive and walked into a pizza place - placed a take out order and gotten a ride home that way - $20 tip lol

Skippy Skippy
Jul '15

Joe - There was a similar story a few months back about another guy (or maybe the same guy) calling the cops for a ride home.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

They post a mug shot of the drunken guy, but not the burglar, who is out on bail! Since he lives close to me, and 2 of the burglaries were in my neighorhood, I would like to see what he looks like

deviljet
Jul '15

Go to Mugshots.com his mugshot is there.

pampurr pampurr
Jul '15

http://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2015/07/3_members_of_nj_family_hurt_in_florida_crash.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

Let us pray

nj2120
Jul '15

Skippy, pretty clever plan you had there, LOL.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '15

better than endangering others or running afoul of the law right? nothing illegal there lol

Skippy Skippy
Jul '15

Not Hackettstown, but close enough.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Stephens-State-Park-Lost-Hiker-322023081.html

Actually the entrance to the park is in Hackettstown (off of Willow Grove), the trail she was lost on is on the other side of the river in Mt. Olive. As someone who used to crawl around those woods as a kid, hard to imagine getting that lost when there are roads and homes in every direction.

Agust Agust
Aug '15

I agree Agust. If she had a smart phone she could have googled mapped her way back to civilization! LOL.

Glad to hear she is OK.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2015/08/warren_county_teacher_sexually.html#incart_river

Aug '15

What an idiot... Not worth ruining your life for...

Metsman Metsman
Aug '15

Living in PA and pulling NJ pension and retiree benefits; hopefully this will be cut for this man...

Can confirm Martino was a math teacher at Hackettstown High School.

Note that if Martino was an attractive woman, the victim would be getting high fives and remarks like "Hurdur, I wish I had a teacher like that when I was in high school!"

DeaconBlus DeaconBlus
Aug '15

I got a pre recorded call from the school about this today.

littlelu littlelu
Aug '15

http://www.njherald.com/story/30520390/3-sentenced-in-green-township-home-invasion

Trash all around - the women should have received a harsher sentence.

I agree Bonv. Credit with time served will have them out in no time. These people should be locked up for a loooong time.

Heidi Heidi
Nov '15

Give this one a second read. If I am right, this idiot worked for these folks and knocked on the door probably saying, "helloooooo, it's me....." Then they robbed them basically leaving the occupants unharmed. Why?

Probably because they didn't expect the occupants to call the police. Why?

Perhaps because the occupants sound like drug dealers with $12,000 bucks in cash (which the idiots missed), drugs and drug paraphernalia. Apparently someone got lucky because didn't sound like dealer weight (or maybe it was taken but not disclosed) but I wonder what was in the equipment; any scales? Sounds like immediately after the invasion, the occupants called the cops and then lit up some doobies. It's stressful. This guy paid $2,200. How much of the $12,000 do you figure was profit?

Does not matter how much time they got, they will probably walk into a bus anyway.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Nov '15

Garage fire in Hackettstown http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2015/11/cause_unknown_in_hackettstown.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Weather Buff
Nov '15

What a beautiful ending...
http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/2015/11/29/hackettstown-man-donates-prized-possession/76381770/

Cherie Cherie
Nov '15

Awesome story Cherie!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '15

Weather Buff - that fire impacted my dad. The garage in the right of the pic (and the one mentioned in the article) is my dad's garage, which is actually at 123 Mountain Avenue. The FD and PD were great, and despite the fact that many items in the garage were destroyed, things could have been a lot worse.

Cherie - that really is a great story.

Thank you Cherie for posting this very heartwarming story. Thank you!

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Nov '15

Good ole Ed, miss seeing him out and about. I am delighted to see his story in print. All who know him personally appreciates it.

auntiel auntiel
Nov '15

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2015/12/washington_twp_officers_fix_wo.html#incart_river_mobile_home

Washington Twp. officers fix mother's unsafe car in time for Christmas - good to see

Skippy Skippy
Dec '15

What a fabulous story! Thanks for posting it Skippy!

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '15

Shocker

https://www.facebook.com/hackettstownpd/posts/1000979126625019

Denis Denis
Dec '15

What's so shocking about that?

happiest girl
Dec '15

http://wrnjradio.com/rnj-news-department/2015/hackettstown-man-charged-after-giving-police-wallet-with-marijuana-on-christmas-day/

ooonoo ooonoo
Dec '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.