House cleaning fees?

I'm wondering if some of you who pay to have someone clean their homes could give me an idea of what you pay? If you wouldn't mind giving me the approximate size of your home (# bedrooms and baths) and whether you pay a franchise, or an individual, I'd appreciate it. I'm starting to clean someone's house and trying to determine a fair price. Thanks!

Spence Spence
Dec '14

6 bed / 4 bath - $200 every 2 weeks.

Deerheart Deerheart
Dec '14

2 bed/ 1&1/2 bath- $60. every 2 wks. individual

auntiel auntiel
Dec '14

2 bed, 2.5 bath, $90 every 3 weeks to an individual. That's with a relatively tidy house.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Dec '14

4 bed 2.5 bath $110 every 2 weeks ...usually 2 people come ... Also pretty clean house to begin with

Missrx Missrx
Dec '14

Spence-I clean houses too and all the fees posted here are pretty much right on. Base your fee from
here. Good luck! Im getting out of it real soon. Been doing it too long and am burnt out. Time to move on. ; )

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Dec '14

thanks everyone!

spence spence
Dec '14

I have a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath condo and pay $95 once a month.

Some One Some One
Dec '14

Like with any routine maintenance business the price will reflect the the size and frequency of the scope of work. What you need to decide is what do you want to make, figure in your expenses, and calculate a price per hour. Estimate your time for service and price based on that.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Dec '14

Everyone quoting prices is not saying how often it is cleaned. Ie $200 every 2 weeks. Is that one cleaning every 2 weeks for $200 or is that one cleaning per week and you pay $200 every 2 weeks?

Kathie C Kathie C
Jan '15

Kathie - everyone said how often they clean along with a price.

I want to make a small point - sometimes the client is extremely picky or hard to please. In such a case cleaning person works much harder and under a huge stress. When doing first walk-through and giving estimation try to see client's personality and adjust your price accordingly. A few months ago my boss complained to her friend that cleaning people don't respond to her after coming for estimation or their price is too high and she also can't retain cleaning crews. It's not a surprise for me - they realized her attitude and charge for "super clean" work or decided that the agreed pay is not enough for the hostile work environment.

KathieC-what? Everyone said how often and your question was 1 and the same. $200 every 2 weeks means, they pay $400 a month and get 2 cleanings a month. One time every 2 weeks. We have had some very difficult clients and no matter what we did to please them, it wasn't good enough for them, so we dropped them. Will NOT clean for someone who treats us like dirt under their feet and disrespects us. One client had her upstairs closed up for 1 yr and wanted to pay us $20 TOTAL to clean it. 4 beds, 2 baths. She said " one week or one year, whats the difference, dirt is the same". REALLY? We discontinued service with her. Also had one client whose wife was a PIA! Instead of telling us we missed something, she would write CLEAN ME with her finger in the dust. And she was never there. Lol Finally told her hubby that she was being disrespectful and he decided to drop us. After 2 yrs. He had NO balls.So Spence, watch out for difficult people.

Jan '15

I just lost my cleaning lady. I would really appreciate any great recommendations! Thank you.

Bitsy Bitsy
Jan '15

"she would write CLEAN ME with her finger in the dust."

Sounds like she had a good point. Takes a bit of dust on the furniture to write a message that can be noticed and read.

3 bed room 2.5 bath, $175 once a month

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Jan '15

Maja-It happens, but writing dust me is ignorant and disrespectful. Hope you wouldn't do that.

Jan '15

If I paid a cleaning service my hard earned money to clean my house, and something was so filthy after they left that I could write words in dust, they would never be back to my home. THAT is disrespectful.

Natalie Natalie
Jan '15

Make sure you use someone insured. Hypothetically, you would not want to use someone who you pay under the hypothetical table, because hypothetically they might break your Dyson vacuum during one visit, and then drop your MacBook Pro, hypothetically smashing it beyond hypothetical repair.

And then you'd have little recourse then.

4 Br, 2/2 bath. We pay $150 every two weeks. They're great. They make the beds and clean the sheets in addition to normal cleaning. They even wipe out the fridge and clean out the toaster oven.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jan '15

Natalie-been cleaning for 15 years and never had any complaints until this woman came along.(we have 15 customers). Matter of fact, had been cleaning their house for 3 years before this (every 2 weeks) and this "dirty table" was never seen by us in the house before. The husband sent us a picture of it, AFTER we left cleaning. Probably came out of the attic. If it was so "filthy" for so long, why wasn't it brought to our attention sooner? Something fishy there. Don't judge the cleaning service from one screwed up womans games. I can see there are other people out there that disrespect house cleaners.. What a shame! Believe it or not, we are not below you.

MeisterNJ-you are getting a great deal!

Jan '15

BBU - I am not judging you nor have I insinuated that you are below me - chill out. I don't know anything about you or your situation with these people. All I am saying is that if something was left filthy in my home I would never hire the service again. Period. Plain and simple.

Natalie Natalie
Jan '15

MeisterNJ do you have a number for who you use?

hopeful hopeful
Jun '15

Wish I had seen the post earlier. Nothing was left filthy, she lied. We don't clean for liars. Business is booming!!

Jun '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.