A "Venting Thread" 10th Edition

Perfect time of year to continue this thread. Lol

I have a suggestion for wives out there. If you want something from the store, go buy it yourself. DONT send the hubby with a list. Then we, the store employees, become his wife (sometimes his mama). And when we dont have what he is looking, we get the attitude. STAY HOME MEN!

Merry Christmas!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Dec '14

yes, all of us men are boobs . . . . . . . .

(insert your own joke right here _ _ _ _ _)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Dec '14

Joke insertion..

If I had my own boobs I WOULD stay home. Heck, Id never leave the house.

Rock Ironjaw Rock Ironjaw
Dec '14

I always loved helping the men! I thought it was cute they were out looking for their wives.

Christine Christine
Dec '14

These guys I encounter are not buying for their wives, they have a list their wife gave them to pick up stuff for the house. I dont mind helping them, just dont act 5 years old and get an attitude.

BD- not all are boobs, and some do have them. Lol

Dec '14

I just wish there would be less venting for the Holidays! Just remember there is always someone less fortunate then you out there. Look at it like you are lucky to have a job.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Christine Christine
Dec '14

I think venting at this time of year is okay if it prevents someone from venting a person in their daily life. I just think it is funny that only men are mentioned with attitudes about shopping for an item they can't find or you don't have in stock. Let's make this an equal opportunity vent LOL. Some of the women shoppers I have seen this season could also use an attitude adjustment when things don't go their way.

That's funny SD because I just witnessed this myself over the weekend. There was a woman next to me in the store that asked a young man if "frozen foods" was his dept. She said it with such a loud voice full of attitude that it caught my attention. He responded "no" but, offered to help her. She went on and on about how she was looking for orange juice, but some kind of meals were in that space instead. She continued about what should/shouldn't be there, prices, labels, and how nobody was there to help when she needed it. I just couldn't believe that someone could get that upset over something as trivial as OJ placement.The world must be a tough place for her. She really did nothing but make a fool out of herself.

Nothing like having a two liter bottle of cola get knocked down a flight of carpeted stairs only to explode at the bottom showering the walls, ceiling, an antique barrister bookcase including some of its contents, and even me when I (insert laugh) tried to contain the carnage bare handed! LOL.

As they say, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Green isnt a good color.

Dec '14

Yeah your name fits you well!

Christine Christine
Dec '14

I could respond, but wont. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Dec '14

^ Um, you responded... SMH

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Dec '14

Wow, tis the season, huh bothered?

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Dec '14

Greg - OMG if that had been caught on video, you might be able to watch it and chuckle -- in about 10 years. That sounds like quite the incident! Hope everything cleaned up ok, and glad you didn't attempt a superman move down the stairs to catch the flying/exploding bottle of pop.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Where do I begin........I may need to start my own thread;)

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '14

Uggh. The women that work at my dentist's office make me want scream sometimes. Clueless!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

My very good friend's mom lost her battle with pancreatic cancer yesterday. She was a wonderful woman that I knew since I was 3 years old. She had 8 children of her own and still had time to be the "neighborhood" mom.

RIP Clare, you will be missed.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

Calico, I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you, your friend and the rest of Clare's family.

jrsemom jrsemom
Dec '14

Very saddened to hear of your loss, Calico. You and Clare's family will be in my thoughts and prayers..

joyful joyful
Dec '14

Very sorry for all of Calico. May she Rest in Peace

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Dec '14

deepest sympathies calico,

we have lost someone over this chirstmas season and it's been tough, very tough,

but i can share with you a couple of characteristic sayings from this icon who left us:

"Go forth boldly" and "Have some fun"

I have led the whole family forward with these two important instructions this holiday season, but my heart is just not in it . . . . .

sorry for your loss dear heart, be well, stay strong

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Dec '14

So sorry Calico. Thoughts are with the family.

Dec '14

Sorry for your loss Calico...

Bessie Bessie
Dec '14

Thank you everyone.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

We were standing in the checkout line at Wally World when the cashier on the opposite line stepped out of his register away from his customers and unleashed giant, uncovered sneezes practically into the faces of our line. What a freakin' Cud. SMH

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jan '15

weebie: i deal with pigs like that at work... daily.. SMH..

darlughh darlughh
Jan '15

What part of I won't do a closed MRI while awake didn't this doctor understand? He says we will sedate you. Gave me RX for 3 valium to take half before MRI. Took the rx and walked in took one look at the MRI and said not happening. I told them open MRI or nothing. They couldn't understand why I wasn't knocked out from the valium. The valium didn't hit me until 2 hours later!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jan '15

I am the same way Mommyof3. I learned from experience take valium 2 hrs prior to test.

Christine Christine
Jan '15

what is an 'open' mri ?

what is a 'closed' mri?

never heard these terms before

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jan '15

BD an open MRI has open sides and both sides of the tube are generally open whereas a traditional or closed MRI is only open on the end of the tube at the entry point. The magnet however remains the same distance from your body. It's still very claustrophobic. Depending on what part of your body you're having imaged in the open MRI, the technician may allow you to position your head so you're able to look out the open side.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jan '15

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/21795/file-13426761-jpg/images/h--alicia_wiklund-hubspot-blogs-open_mri_vs_closed_mri.jpg

heres a pic

skippy skippy
Jan '15

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+closed+MRI%3F+

thanks weebikins, thanks mb, point taken, could have googled myself

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jan '15

BrotherDog a closed MRI you are in a closed tube. Open one your entire body is not inside a tube.

Christine - 3 freaking valium did nothing to me until 2 hours later and I wasn't zoned out. It was closer to 3 hours later I was tired. I just won't do a closed one. No way around it.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jan '15

I had brain MRI in a closed one. Thought I was going to freak out. Made it through though. No drugs needed. Next time I will go to an Open one. ;)

Jan '15

The open MRI I went to did not look like the one in that pic. Holy Moses that would have been a blessing lol. I'm very claustrophobic. Mine was open on both ends, but the sides were still enclosed with openings in the sides for light to enter. I was lucky that I was having my T Spine imaged so I was allowed to position my head to see out of one of those openings in the side wall. My valium didn'tkick in until oOh, 30 minutes AFTER the MRI was over lol.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jan '15

I have to get closed MRIs on a regular basis (can't use open for what I need) and I'm totally claustrophobic. They even have to put my head in a freakin' cage-like thing so I can't move because it's of the brain!

Here's what I do: take a Xanax, not Valium, 45 mins before the procedure. Then go in, lie down on the bed/stretcher thing, immediately close my eyes and then under NO circumstances open them until it's completely over and they have taken me out of that awful tube. Closing your eyes sounds silly, but I've gotten so many MRIs in my life, I've lost count... trust me, TRY it the next time you need one. It's a game changer, and the only reason I don't freak out. If you're really claustrophobic the open MRIs will be tough, too. Do the closed eyes thing. And no peeking. ;-)

My vent: I want two small paperback books in the original French editions. They are available on Amazon, but cost over $50 *each*! WTH Amazon?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Rebecka: That is exactly what I had to do as well...even with the so called Open MRI which is to me not anywhere near what I would call "open". I took a pill before and closed my eyes through the entire procedure. Worked for me...You know the old saying " What you don't know...won't hurt you!".

joyful joyful
Jan '15

Closed my eyes too. Nothing wrong with that. Lol

Jan '15

my MRI included sirus radio and it helped. maybe it will help you drift away

skippy skippy
Jan '15

Mine (years ago) included watching a Mel Brooks movie in a rear view mirror mounted inside the tube. The movie was Blazing Saddles. Let's just say I made it through unscathed, but trying to stay perfectly still and not bust out laughing was torture!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '15

They did play music, which helped. My head was in a cage like thing too. Wasn't fun. : (

Jan '15

Self Vent - when I get stressed out over someone else's bad behavior --- I guess I feel badly that they're so stupid, but keeping my chin up and smiling through :)

trekster3- trekster3-
Jan '15

Trekster..I sometimes feel embarrassed for others when they're behaving badly (especially on any form of social media). Not sure why I'm embarrassed for them but I am. They should be embarrassed for themselves.

Bessie Bessie
Jan '15

Karma is sweet:) Had a woman in sitting on my tail heading from Andover on 517 today who finally sped by when she could and kept passing all cars ahead. She ended up right in front of me at the next red light. I laughed and smiled the whole time:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Jan '15

I find that some of my views on life and the world are changing, and slowly some of my opinions are lining up with what is generally considered to be "liberal" in American politics. Go figure. I think that too often as adults we view ourselves as static entities, when in reality if we are truly living up to our potential as a human, it's rather impossible not to evolve at every stage of life.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

I wish there was a restaurant like Vedge in Hackettstown!
http://vedgerestaurant.com

hapiest girl
Jan '15

Started a job at a nursing home four months ago, mind you I have never worked in this field before. In the beginning I found it very gratifying, but now I am emotionally and mentally drained. A resident with Dementia just passed away...I was quite attached to her. She loved baby dolls and stuffed animals so I brought some to her to make her happy. Her famous constant words were "I love you." She never had any visitors even at Christmas and maybe I'm overemotional but I keep crying for the lose of Rosa.

I'm not sure if this is the job for me, I'm getting too attached and I find it to be consuming, this is why I haven't been on HL in quite some time.

positive positive
Jan '15

Positive - think how much brighter Rosa's last four months were because you were in her life, and you cared. And she knew it. That is priceless. Your post was very touching.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Positive, I hope you stay with it. There are so many Roses. It is a very special thing to work in a job where you are helping others. My friend's mother has had dementia for over 10 years. Her family has cared for her at home. God bless the families that do. For those who don't, we need Positive people like you :)

Positive ~ it takes a very special person to work in that type of environment. I have a close friend that is a recreational therapist in a nursing home facility and I have witnessed a complete change in residents when she walks in the room. Her name may be Kelly, Tammy, Cheryl, Diane but for those few minutes when she spends time with her patients she is brightening their day even if they think she is their daughter, sister, friend or wife. Know you are making a difference in someone else's life even if it is just for a short time. I commend you for trying it, I know I could never do it.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '15

Could not have said it better myself..JrzyGirl88...It really does take a very special person to work with the elderly no matter what their handicap may be. You are my hero...Positive!

joyful joyful
Jan '15

Positive, you seem like one very special woman.
You will be in my prayers...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jan '15

If anyone can do that job its you positive. Stick with it. :)

Jan '15

positive .... Thank you for making Rosa feel special and being her friend. People need to be more caring and have the sensitivity that you have caring for our elderly. God Bless you positive. I do believe you have found your calling.

outsider outsider
Jan '15

positive - you are an inspiration. You gave Rosa love and dignity at the end of her life.

skippy skippy
Jan '15

positive - what everyone has said - what makes you so special is that you let her touch her heart while you touched hers

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

Positive its a hard job not to get attached, I use to treat cancer patients and our supervisor use to tell us it means you are human. Bless you!

Christine Christine
Jan '15

You guys are great..your encouraging words mean a lot to me. Thank you!

positive positive
Jan '15

Just received a "Seriously" past due notification from the HMUA. Problem is, I never received a bill from them, nor did I receive a "fairly" past due, "kinda" past due, or any other past due notification prior to threat of shut off.

I am (perhaps stupidly) an eBill customer, meaning I only receive my HMUA bill via email. I just looked through my email archives, and the last correspondence from them was 6/2/14. I paid the last bill after I received a similar past due notification, but did not connect the dots until now.

If you are a eBill customer, make sure you are still receiving your statement still, as (per the notice), if you do not pay by the end of the month, you will be charged a $35 collection fee, your water will be shut off, and you will have to pay your bill in full (including the collection fee) PLUS another $35 Turn-on fee to get your water back on.

"Seriously" annoyed.

CR37. Doesn't make a difference if you are an ebill customer or paper bill customer. I just received the same Final Notice bill too which actually comes in paper form, rather than the first 1 or 2 postcard type bills that 9 out of 12 months I never receive. Likely you wouldn't get the paper ones either, lol!

Terry P
Jan '15

Even if you don't receive a bill (which is wrong) you still know the bill is due each month. Correct?

Jan '15

But still need to get a bill in order to know how much is due, yes? They close at 4:30 which doesn't make it very convenient to call. Especially for those who can not make calls from work.

Terry P
Jan '15

No, call on your lunch time if you dont know how much you owe.

Jan '15

Not so sure what part of I can't call from work you don't understand. Obviously I'd call during their business hours if I could.

Terry P
Jan '15

Neighbor who never ever calls before coming over and ringing the door bell. And then u cant get rid of them. Has been happening for a long time now and it is a pain. The reason we moved where we did was to be left alone Ughhhhh. . Be polite call first. I just wont answer. I know I'm crabby but call first, I might be in my pajamas cleaning or on the phone with something very important. Okay I feel better for now thanks for this thread.

just a thought
Jan '15

go knock on his door at some wierd hour- say you would have called first but you thought his phone was broken???

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

5catmom , lol good idea.

just a thought
Jan '15

Just a thought - I was in your situation with my sister-in-law who lived a block down the road and would come every evening when I would returned from work full time, cooked dinner and took care of my baby daughter. I hinted, then told her a few times she should call before coming, explained, but she continued stopping by without calls. So one evening I just didn't open a door. She called my husband and complained but he was working second shift at that time and it was up to me to open door or not. I still keep this rule for my in-laws - 20 years later.

Lena, Sorry, your situation was a lot worse then mine. Good for you for finally not answering door. I will start not answering the door, whether they know I am home or not. A polite neighbor would hopefully get the hint. Thanks.

just a thought
Jan '15

JAT - good way to get a cranky response - arrive without calling.. just saying - that is the epitome of rude..

CR37 - I would call them tomorrow and explain your situation to a manager. that is clearly an error

skippy skippy
Jan '15

skippy, Yes I do believe it is very rude. I really think the next time they ring my doorbell I will not answer it. Then maybe they will call first. Thank you all for reading my vent I did feel better.

just a thought
Jan '15

botheredbyuu2 - Correct AND incorrect. You are correct that I am aware that I need to pay my water bill. You are incorrect that the bill is monthly (it is quarterly). I lost track of when I should be receiving this particular bill, and this was compounded by the fact that I never actually received a bill. Perhaps my bill tracking system needs to be updated to more adequately prepare for companies who want to get paid but don't always want to bother to tell you what you owe or when they want their payment.

As for calling them during my lunch hour to see how much I owe, that's a thought. Perhaps I can field some of their customer service calls after dinner too.

If a doctor's office is going to close because of two inches of snow, the least they can do is let people who have appointments know...

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

ianimal-mine did, yesterday, for appt today. Lol

CR-I hear ya, but sometimes you have to help yourself. Just saying. ; )

Jan '15

I'm so annoyed with the Zoning Board. They are actually considering approving removing the 2 duplexes by the Quick Check (Mt. Ave) so that the owner can build a commercial building with apartments on top - seriously ?? They are zoned residential for a reason !

Help I feel like I am trapped in space invaders with the new icons kieeps fireing ray gun but they keep coming

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jan '15

Hate the new avatars...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '15

JrzyGirl88 - I hate the new avatars too! Yours looks like a cow to me. LOL.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jan '15

Yup. If ever there was a time to customize your avatar it's now. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

The new avatars are a Rorschach test for sure! I finally customized mine from a photo my son took at a car show some time back.

@Aquarius I think it looks like the taboo idol from that Brady Bunch Hawaii episode LOL! Can someone give me a lesson in how to customize one?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '15

thanks for asking JrzyGirl - I looked at the gravator site and don't know where or how to begin

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

they look like space invaders to me lol

skippy skippy
Jan '15

Jrzy - Go to www.gravatar.com and create an account.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

5cat - To create a gravatar.com account click on "sign in" on the upper right and then on "create an account" at the bottom.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

and then???-----I'm not often this confused....thanks calico for helping

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

I was able to do it with the link calico gave :-)

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

I made it but I don't know how to get it here

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

if you made it, and it said it worked, it takes about 5 min for it to show up here, you did use the same email address that you use for here right?

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

5catmom- It should appear each time you use the email account you used when you set up the account.. Mine appeared immediately.

5catmom - HL checks gravatar.com for the picture. It's already done. Now if I could only get my cats to hold hands when they sleep. ;-)

5catmom, as long as you give the same email address you gave to Gravatar, HL will use the image.

Be aware, other places you go and use the same email address will use the same picture if they are taking avatars from Gravatar. It's not only for HL.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jan '15

Gravatar is from the same company that does WordPress. So if you use that or any of their affiliate sites it will appear there as well.

Thank you gc.........you saved me

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

Thank you site manager.....happy to be back...Jrzygirl
Get going on that avatar...

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

Yay the Brady Bunch Gravatar is gone!! Thanks again everyone for your instructions.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '15

Yay JrzyGirl - you did much better --

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

I created a custom Gravatar when I first registered years ago - still happy with it so far;-)

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '15

My downstairs neighbor being the LOUDEST person in the world with his television. Awake all hours of the night with the tv blaring, can hear every word of the shows he's watching. So looking forward to moving soon (fingers crossed).

Kris...I would probably say,"you probably don't realize it but I can hear your tv"...well unless you've already had issues with this neighbor

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

Delivery and repair companies must realize they cant stop dead in the middle of the road and sit there, regardless of what they are doing. On Schooleys Mt road, just stops in front of me and puts on their 4 ways. Excuse me! Cant see whats coming up the hill, so how can I pass you??? Luckily was able to get around him, with a car coming towards me. Glad I still have my front end. FedEX, stops dead in the middle of Naughright Rd. Really??? Gets out to deliver. Driveway was cleared, so why not pull in their?? UGH!!!

Jan '15

i complained to property management about all the ice in front of my door. They come and put salt everywhere BUT in front of my door! uurrgh!

stressed out stressed out
Jan '15

Saw the puppy grab something from the hallway bench and run away... and then the house phone rang and I answered. 10 minutes later, my cell phone is MIA, and I've looked everywhere I can think of. Of course I had the ringer off, too, so calling is not going to help.

Anyone want a puppy? Real cheap.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

ha ha I would take it but I know you're kidding

skippy skippy
Jan '15

I know you'd give him a good home, Skippy! I'll throw in a bag of food. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

If it's one of those GSD's I'd take him but you know my cats would just sell him off to the highest bidder. Sugar believes she can get about 6 tons of skipjack. ;-)

lol - sweet pup - did you find the phone??

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

Rebecca - I hope your phone is all well. A few years ago I was visiting my friend and dropped my car keys while being greeted by her young bulldogs. One puppy immediately grabbed them. I had really tough time explaining my husband who "stabbed" the remote control beyond recognition and I had to omit the process of getting a "toy" from bulldog mouth with bare hands.

Finally found the phone. Argos brings all his "treasures" (bones, toys, his squirrel, random shoes, occasionally the mail) and stashes them in his bed. To the point where I have to take stuff out of there every few days because there's no room for him to lie down. So of course that was the first place I looked. The third time I looked, I finally thought to lift up the cushion. Apparently, he really really didn't want me to make any more calls. Well hidden, Mr. puppy.

He just turned 7 months old. 75 lbs, already bigger than his mom. Will have to get and post a new pic of him. He's quite the handsome hoarder.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Glad you found your phone, Rebecka.

Your story reminds me of when my cousins tiny little dog stole my upper denture out of my purse. (it was the first day I got them and was not comfortable with them yet).

He ran around the house, with us in full chase. I swear that is where they got the idea for the dental doggie bones commercial. lol

Boy did he look a riot with my full set of chompers sticking out of his mouth.

littlelu littlelu
Jan '15

Re: A

Funny story, lu!!

For reasons apparent, price of puppy has been further reduced.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

He doesn't look contrite in the least, either. Looks pretty pleased with himself, actually (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

time for a dog shaming pix, Rebecka?

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

Don't worry, you can haz help Rebecka. Seriously. We take puppy, we gotz plan...

On a totally unrelated note, haz anybody gotz fork lift and large commercial freezer? Potential large shipment of sushi with some to trade for rental. ;-)

Sugar & White Shoes Sugar & White Shoes
Jan '15

LOL, been there before. Funniest I can remember is when my dog chewed the back of a paperback off right where there was a picture of the author...

Rebecka, it's not just puppies. This was my daughter when she was a little over a year.

jrsemom jrsemom
Jan '15

Jrsemom - she was simply looking for the best deal on shoes! And matching purse. It starts from early age and keeps going, and going....

Kids still can do more damage then dogs! I remember when mine got into baby powder! UGGG!

Christine Christine
Jan '15

Mummy did buy this. ~~>

Iggles J. Snoots Iggles J. Snoots
Feb '15

"Woofy Wear" ???

Is that Poodle Association Approved? I think you need one that says on the side "Mommy paints my nails purple and I LIKE it...". That might actually pass inspection. ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Feb '15

That may happen, Sugar!

Vent: This is completely how I feel about house cleaning ->

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

Just got xrays done of my back and looked at the films. F me. That is all and that pretty much sums it up.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

Ugh - Rebecka - what's going on?? No wonder you can't stand house cleaning -

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '15

Wish I could blame my distaste for house cleaning on my back! Wait a sec, actually I can, can't I?!

My back is my Achille's heel. Looks like I'll need to be fixed up again at HSS, this time make it a double (spinal fusion).

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

oh geeze--- friend had that done ---- at hss --- doing very well now - though it was long haul ---need anything - let us know -- though I don't clean

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '15

Thanks 5cm! I did have one spinal fusion done at HSS already. Textbook perfect. Hope I'll get as lucky the second time around. And I'm not complaining guys BTW. I actually consider myself lucky. I am so thankful to live in a country where I can get the surgery I need. Thankful that one of the best spine surgeons in the world practices just a little over an hour away. Thankful that I can have what I need done by him, etc. (But I *did* certainly need to vent when I saw the xray film. What a mess lol.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

Rebecca, I will keep the up coming surgery in my prayers...

Feb '15

Rebecka, you have a great hospital for your surgery. Good luck and feel well!

I'll be putting the surgery off for as long as possible!! Going to start swimming PT, etc. It doesn't have to be done until I can't stand the pain any more, probably got about 6 months. Until then, I'm business as usual and pretending nothing is happening! :-D

When I, or anyone I know, faces a big medical issue, I just think about the millions of people in the world who have the exact same issues and can't get the medical attention they need... they just have to live with the pain, or die from the disease, etc. This puts EVERYTHING in the correct perspective!

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

absolutely, Rebecka........

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '15

Why all plowed snow is piled on corners?! It's impossible to see anything on a road while making a turn or just trying to cross intersection.

Because our town never plows the road wide enough or clears enough to make way for the next storm...........never fails.....all two way roads are just about 1.5 cars, especially the roads that allow cars to park on the side......it will only get worse

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Ouch Rebecka! Sorry to hear about your back.

The giant snow piles are out of control in my town as well. Can't see what is coming in many place. Although it's not as bad as it was last year, yet.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Darrin - it's everywhere, not just in our town.

Hackettstown does a great job in plowing. If you see a problem with a corner just call the town garage and let them know you see a potential problem. I have and they have come right out and fixed it.

I love it when people just complain. Give them a heads up about it!

Christine Christine
Feb '15

Christine - I drive thru 7 (8?) townships from Hackettstown to Morris Plains to and from work, and there are piles of snow on corners of local roads in all of them, making turns really unsafe, especially when it's dark. I should admit that Hackettstown roads are much better than at other places.

For all the claustrophobic MRI people Lehigh Valley Hospital offers MRI under general anesthesia. Only done one day a week, children are done first since no eating due to anesthesia. Hubby has had numerous done there. Great alternative.

small block girl
Feb '15

Lol I'm reading this at HDI waiting to be called in to get back-to-back MRI and MRA. Will be in the sausage tube for well over an hour. (Thank God for Xanax.) General anesthesia? I think you mean they put you in a twilight state, right? Like when they do colonoscopies. It's definitely not general anesthesia but you won't know what's happening or remember anything. This is a fantastic idea to offer this for super claustrophobic people!

Ok feeling sleepy now... shouldn't post under the influence of a benzo anyway... good night!

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

"I love it when people just complain. Give them a heads up about it!"

LMAO, well this is the venting forum, what did you expect?

If I had to sit and call every township about ever bad area I see, I would have to quit my job, and then I should be paid for my service from some of these towns right?

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Rebecka - actually there are places that do MRI under general because some people can't even handle it with twilight .

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Feb '15

Some colonoscopies also are done with general anesthesia. My DH's was.

I say no thanks to GA, pills, etc....... I will find an open MRI. Lol

Feb '15

OH Darrin! I WAS VENTING!

Guess you did not get that. LOL!!

Oh BTW as much as you are on here you could be calling about the hazards.

Christine Christine
Feb '15

Don't like living where it snows then move to Florida!!!!

townie14 townie14
Feb '15

No, it's not twilight anesthesia. You are completely out. Hubby can't do open MRI even with tranquilizers so this is great. It is Lehigh Magnetic Imaging Center in Allentown. 800-740-9500 for anyone who is interested.

small block girl
Feb '15

I too happened to be venting about your vent, in which you vented about another poster's vent.........Guess you didn't get THAT! LMAO!

"Oh BTW as much as you are on here you could be calling about the hazards."

Glad to see you have been following my posts enough to make a claim "as much as you have been on here" sorta creepy you are watching that.....

Secondly, in order for your idea to work, I would have to give up the apparent massive amount of time I spend on the forum....so it still doesn't work.

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

The creepy child singing London Bridge is Falling Down on the radio, while the voice over warns of all the New Jersey bridges that are about to crumble beneath us as we drive over them. It's making me nuts.

Feb '15

You are so vain! Not even venting about you or anything on this thread. GET A LIFE MAN! As you said its a venting thread! I was talking about the Hackettstown problem no where else. Venting threads are just that VENTING you are not suppose to take it personal! SMH!!!

Christine Christine
Feb '15

my vent for the day;

posters who have poor (or non-existent) reading comprehension

they need to go back to schoolin'

seriously, re-schooled in the basics, readin', ritin' and rythmatic '

it's sad to see how badly it's become

thanks!

(vent is now over)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '15

Lol Darrin. I'm just venting too

townie14 townie14
Feb '15

Grumpy cat says...

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

Chill Time! Here's a Tyler shot to calm things down LOL!

John C John C
Feb '15

omg - Tyler is spectacularly adorable -

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '15

Love that Tyler too!

joyful joyful
Feb '15

Good thinking John C. He is a cutie pie for sure!

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Soooooooooooooo cute John. Meow!!

Feb '15

Look how a tiny kitten turned this thread right around. Thanks, little guy!

Tyler: cutest animal ever on HL? I think it's Tyler or Mr. Baci.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

You just want to put him in your pocket and carry him around. LOL

Feb '15

Not sure about pockets....but a box is his favorite!

John C John C
Feb '15

I rarely vent, but the pot stirrers that like to become the victim are getting on my last nerve.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '15

sorry, ,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Feb '15

No pockets or a box........so my daddy put me here!

Signed: Tyler

John C John C
Feb '15

Perfect fit for Tyler...John C!

joyful joyful
Feb '15

WOW Bessie it takes a LOT to get to you.......things must really be going wild on some thread. lol

littlelu littlelu
Feb '15

I vent on most (all) of my posts so no need to vent :)

LOL..me too iJay

Feb '15

Why do real estate agents send you letters selling a house a couple of doors down that begin "Interested in moving??" That's moving? Really?

I think the card means that they just want to tell you about their agency listing your neighbors house with the hopes of listing your home as well if you have plans in the future of moving, GC......not that you would have interest in moving to the one down the street...

joyful joyful
Feb '15

joyful - I didn't put all the details of the letter in my post. I can understand where they do that sometimes. But the particular letter I got was a form letter aimed only at buyers - "you have to come see this house", "move in right now", "get ready to upgrade", etc etc. instead of "selling at top dollar", "we can sell yours too", "get a commission if your friends want to move to your neighborhood" kind of thing. In short they either sent a mass mailing without remembering the next door houses were getting it, or they stuffed the wrong flyers in the envelope.

Oh, Sorry, GC, I misunderstood as I have also received these little post cards from Real Estate people that show the picture of a house in my neighborhood who they have a contract with to sell and also asking if we plan a move in the near future to please contact them as well..

joyful joyful
Feb '15

No vents in 3 weeks. Whoo Hoo HL!! Good going.

Now I will break that streak. This is to the a**hole who came flying up the left lane on Mountain Ave, in front of Mama's Pizza and then made a right turn onto Shelly Dr in front of everyone in the right lane. What kind of a**hole are you??

Mar '15

Vent of the day for me - People that jump to conclusions and spread rumors without picking up the phone to have a civilized conversation.

trekster3- trekster3-
Mar '15

+100 trekster Have had that happen.

Another vent for me this week - people who have babies and then complain when they are sick and interrupt THEIR lives. If you don't want to be "bothered" with raising a child, don't have them. Keep your legs closed!!

Mar '15

It's so frustrating and discouraging when you have a coworker you have to work closely with all day and only gives maybe 40% or less. She does many underhanded things to screw the company and manipulates everyone...but I still foolishly give 110%.

Has anyone else experienced this?

positive positive
Mar '15

Bought a new stove from Lowe's back around President's Day. Stainless, double oven, 5 burners w/ griddle... pretty sweet.

I ordered it online and got a call back that day to confirm and get a general delivery date. They called me Monday to say that they would be delivering it today and another call this morning to say that they would be delivering it between 11 and 1 today. Just as the guy is hanging up, he says "Oh, yeah... this is a gas oven, so we don't disconnect the old one or connect the new one. It's a liability issue. Sorry."

Really? You've called me three times regarding the order and only mention this little tidbit as an aside three hours before you deliver it? Luckily, I have a friend who is a plumber who can swing by at some point today to hook it up and also does some scrapping so he'll get rid of the old one for me too... but what if I didn't have that luxury? I'd be scrambling to find a plumber or leaving work early and trying to figure out how to do it myself... and THEN try to figure out how to get rid of the old one.

Friggin jackwagons... now I'm glad I went and bought the replacement range hood from HD last night instead of giving more money to Lowe's, LOL.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

That sucks, ianimal. I assume you paid for delivery, and to not get haul away of the old one is obnoxious. We just had our new washer delivered to our new house on Saturday and installed. Plus, since we had no old one to haul away, they took the gas range from the kitchen. It also needed to be disconnected, and he said something about liability, but he did it anyway. PC Richard.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '15

When making a purchase to replace anything the questions I always ask is if they are disconnecting the old and installing the new and taking care of the disposal of the old. That includes rugs, mattresses, stoves, dryers, TV's, furniture, etc. Building and safety codes have a habit of frequently changing. It is good to ask these questions. before agreeing to any purchase. As the saying goes " BUYER BE AWARE"

number10 number10
Mar '15

That's some bs Ianimal that they didn't mention this when you purchased it or any of the other times.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Mar '15

ianimal that sucks way back in the day I worked for all appliance that was contracted by WT GRANTs we hooked up the new ranges that's just wrong and they charged you for delivery and hok up too I will bet good luck with the new range

Mar '15

No, it was free delivery and I *probably* could have called them and had them come get the old one after it was disconnected according to someone else I know who had a similar situation. I was more put off about the timing of them telling me rather than their policy itself. Luckily it worked out.

The last gas-fired appliance I bought was our clothes dryer. Sears didn't have any issues hooking it up.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

I bought a similar gas range from Lowes along with a matching stainless steel range hood. I think installation was $75-$100. Lowes works on commission. I got the salesman to discount the cost of the range hood by the installation price. On the delivery day, they disconnected, removed the old, and installed the new range (I installed the hood myself.)

Sounds to me that the salesman flubbed up or they stopped offering installations. I bought mine less than 5 years ago.

emaxxman emaxxman
Mar '15

When are people going to use their brains?? You are NOT suppose to shovel or snow blow snow into the road!! I can't understand some peoples thinking. It totally amazes me.

Mar '15

bbu2... do you live in Collegeview??? Because if you do you must have seen me doing that exact thing!!!! Sorry............. left for work at 5:45am and if the "Jackwagons" that plow for the town did their job properly... I wouldn't have to throw it back into the street............... :) :)

scoop scoop
Mar '15

What do you mean if they did their jobs properly? Did the roads not get plowed?

townie14 townie14
Mar '15

Even if they didn't do things right, why does it mean someone else has to do them wrong?

because when I left early this morning.. driveway shoveled, mail box clean and basin clear... came home for lunch at 11:00 and road was plowed 2 feet from curb! that which pushed frozen ice almost at a 4 foot reach... should the driver had done his plowing correctly............ I would not have to shovel his misplaced @#$% back into the road... please no need to have a battle of opinions or what "You" feel I did right or wrong... "I" admit to it and stand by it!!!..

scoop scoop
Mar '15

Scoop-we all make mistakes. Lol. And no, I didn't see you doing it. Waters Rd in Htown and in Budd Lake.

Mar '15

Where in college view are you?

townie14 townie14
Mar '15

If they plowed 2 feet from the curb how did it end up in your driveway...

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '15

...and why does it have to go back in the road?

justintime justintime
Mar '15

townie.... does it matter?

Booster90.... Really???

justintime... that's where it came from

seriously peeps??..... been in my home for 18 plus years.....and I am the 1st person on the block to help out ALL the neighbors........ plus I clean the fire hydrant on the neighbors yard...................................................... :)

scoop scoop
Mar '15

Just asking... Sorry

Booster90 Booster90
Mar '15

How many times do I have to watch and hear about the plane that went off the runway ! They had it on for 2 hours straight when it happened and even the weather took a back seat to that story ! They are not reporting anything new, just the same thing over and over !!

Mariann Mariann
Mar '15

I'd just like to vent about the Hackettstown School District using digitally-created phone announcements. It sounds so impersonal listening to a robot tell me about a back-to school night, college fair, or an upcoming Pop's concert. Are we asking too much to pay someone 2 minutes of their time to read and record the announcement?

More accurate to compose a text document for the announcement. This way they can create templates and have a record of the announcements. No such thing as 2 minutes to put together -- much easier to validate a text document than to record/listen/re-record/listen/etc...

I see at Walmart, that they are rolling prices UP, not BACK. Solar light for garden was $7.00 2 weeks ago. Now, $9.99. WTH!

Mar '15

Yay spring is right around the corner (ok not a vent :-)

A good Vent I got a 10Lb corned beef brisket from Alpine meat in Blairstown it was a nice well cut and spiced piece of meat that cooked up so well Thank you Alpine meats also we got two Irish soda breads at Stella Gs and they were very very good thank you Stella Gs

Mar '15

Anyone else stuck on incessant replay?

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Thank you old man winter for freezing solid an almost full can of ceiling paint I planned on using this morning:( There goes another $25 in the trash.

Blackcat Blackcat
Mar '15

I've read way too many obituaries in the last week or so. Two friends from high school lost their moms this week and yesterday a guy from the grade above mine was in a fatal car accident. My inlaws had to put one of their beloved dogs down this afternoon, and one of my mommy friends just suffered a miscarriage and is now facing possible cancer treatments. Just feeling pretty bummed with all of this sadness.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '15

sorry Tracy - that's really a lot in a short time

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

That IS a lot of sad events... a whole string of them, Tracy. Feel for you. Hang in there.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

hang in there Tracy, it is a bad run of events, it will get better, do something uplifting today with your husband and young one, puts a different light on things

in my house there has been a bad series of stressful events, lost close family members, health concerns and the horrifically cold and stromy month of feb hasnt helped,

but we all will get through this, better days are coming

praying for your strength and comfort today so get ready for some positive energy incoming

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '15

Tracy i am still in shock about the news of Matt.

darwin darwin
Mar '15

Totally understand how you feel Tracy! Lately its a lot of stress in our family! If you need anything or just a night out with hubby to distress let me know. Would be happy to watch that beautiful girl of yours. You need to take care of yourself and that baby soon to come!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Seriously, more sadness today. One of the Marines that went down in the Blackhawk was from my hometown and was close friends with one of my best friend's little brother.

Mar '15

I'm so sorry, Tracy. Sending hugs from the whole family... ):

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

Man it's been a tough couple weeks for Basking Ridge.

Darwin Darwin
Mar '15

The cost of the remote multiple-dog training system I want. Ugh.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Wow Tracy ~ you have definitely had your share of bad news the last few days, wishing you a better upcoming week.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '15

People who say or write " Happy St.Patty's Day" when the correct abbreviation is Paddy. It comes from the Irish name Padraig (Patrick)
Otherwise you are saying "Happy St.Patricia Day" since Patty is short for Patricia.

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Mar '15

I have a cousin Patrick and we called him Patty!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Saint Patrick wasn't Irish and his name wasn't Padraig. Every hockey player in the NHL with the name Patrick is called Patty by his teammates at one point or another. It may be Paddy in Ireland but it's Patty over here.

Would it follow that someone named Matthew who is called Matty should have it spelled Maddy?

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

I'm with you H Mama. Paddy is male, Patty is female.

brown bear
Mar '15

Tell that to Patty Verbeek, brownbear; I'm sure he'd still be willing to drop his gloves and oblige you (-;

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

Patty is to Paddy as Patrick is to Padraig. Patrick and Patty are English. Padraig and Paddy are Irish. It's just a matter of which language you're speaking. Neither is wrong.

Always thought Patrick was just shortened to Pat? The other would make me think we were talking about a woman regardless of how it was spelled.

the scene: Shop-Rite Mansfield at a check out
the problem--- the wackadoo in front of me- has the whole belt filled and after much of her items are scanned, she tells the clerk she can only spend $200. Then she goes off hunting for aluminum foil. (Oh - forgot to mention that another woman had been with her who told her not to buy all that stuff- at the check out). She returned and started taking things out of bags causing the clerk to have to delete them - this went on and on and on and on and on---------I think I was on line over 30 minutes. I would have left except that I had already unloaded most of my basket. I'm thinking she was on home leave from the hospital ---before she was ready to function in the real world. Now don't misunderstand. I feel for her that she had to watch the totals. I feel for her that she didn't know how to organize her shopping. But really folks - shrimp, scallops and other sundries - which had to be dug out of bags and returned....................It's a good thing I'm not a screamer..............

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

You don't have to apologize for your vent. Most kind minded people get it. Sometimes we just have to sigh in a situation like that and focus on the good. Getting stressed over it isn't healthy. I hope you can laugh about it now. I did, I felt your pain.

auntiel auntiel
Mar '15

thank you..once again I managed to find the SLOWEST line in the store -
the clerk had never seen anything like it either

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

5catmom, I had a similar situation in there one time. The woman in front of me took just as long, but also had a lengthy conversation with the cashier throughout the process. In addition, she split her order into 3 separate orders and paid individually for each one. I was about to lose it! She turns to me after about 20 min. into the ordeal and says with a big huge smile "Oh thanks for being so patient" and I responded as kindly as I could "Yeah it hasn't been easy, but I'm working on it!" At that point she made an attempt to move it along, but really the damage was done so it didn't matter lol!

@5catmom...you certainly were working on earning your halo today. ;-)

Chickadee Chickadee
Mar '15

good thing I didn't have tomatoes or a carton of eggs ---lol

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Been dealing with a low paying job with no future and to make matters worse..I'm dealing with some coworkers that have poor work ethics and very little integrity and it's bringing me down.

At this point the only thing that is keeping me here are the residents..that I care deeply for. Also I have a goal, come next February I'm going to enroll in the Ultrasound Technician program at Northampton College. I pray that nothing will get in the way.....

It's never too late to improve yourself.

positive positive
Mar '15

great thinking, positive - glad you have a plan- and sorry you and your clients have to deal with that.............

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Thank you 5catmom.

positive positive
Mar '15

Was hit with THREE seaprate fundraisers today from the school.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '15

So after a couple of weeks picking up dog waste in my front yard and near the curb I finally narrowed down the time I suspected it was being deposited. I had not searched my security camera system DVR yet but my hand was forced this morning.

This morning I was meeting with some folks from JCP&L in my back yard. As I walked with them back to the front of my home to say goodbye, I actually ran into and said hello to a neighbor walking back down the street to their home not knowing that just 3 mins prior the dogs had just dropped more gifts on my property!! I knew it was not there just an hour prior because I looked. That is when I went in and searched the surveillance video and discovered who it was. What I saw is a neighbor causally, repeatedly letting the dogs decorate my property and simply keep strolling along as if it is perfectly acceptable behavior. I chat with this person often and just can't imagine what the hell is going on in their head.

I plan on telling this person one time and one time only that this will stop. If it continues I'll blast the videos all over the place. I will also return the dog waste littering my property to theirs.

Greg take the video to police and they will be ticketed. The perfect evidence!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

what Christine said

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

So annoying, Greg. The only thing good about this new snow is it covering over all the dog crap everywhere that people are too lazy and inconsiderate to pick up all winter. Just freaking gross. Don't have a dog!

Tracy Tracy
Mar '15

Greg, people are ignorant. I had neighbors who would watch their dogs poop right at the bottom of my back steps. One day I shoveled it up and returned it to a spot by their back door. Never had a problem after that.

this is what can happen to raptors if they ingest lead from bullets or fishing weights - so damn sad https://youtu.be/ndk3jxR0xBQ and angering

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Seriously where do people get off charging the prices that they do for house rentals?! I saw one place for over 2 grand a month in town and it was a piece of crap. I expect top of the line for that kind of money. NJ really sucks... I'm out of here once my kids finish school... All people do here is just get by. I could have moved to Dallas making 20 grand more than what I make now and lived in a nice place for half that that is brand new and had money in my pocket to spare.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '15

Metsman I know what house you are talking about! Its absurd!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Mcdonalds drive thru on Mountain Ae is the slowest and ,most disorganized that i:ve ever been in...

stressed out stressed out
Mar '15

Christine, the sad thing is some schmuck will pay it.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '15

They originally were asking $200 more! Been lowered and on the market to rent at least 3 months!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Usually I can tell how my animals made a particular mess. I can figure out what happened. The mess I woke up to this morning... I think it will remain a mystery. It literally looks like they were running around with full bowls of kibble on their heads.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

No idea where to add this ....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/03/24/amys-kitchen-recalls-frozen-food-over-possible-listeria-tainted-spinach/

on route 80 at a bit before 10 am today for an 11 am dentist apt. in Tenafly.
Thanks to road work that funneled 3 lanes into - causing a huge back up --and another huge back up farther east for unknown reasons , I never made it to my appointment. I rescheduled for a 1pm apt Thursday - thinking I could leave 2 hours earlier to allow for possible mess - and hang out if I get there early ........talk about frustration...........one good thing: I went to the best car wash I know of on Union Blvd in Totowa and got all the crud off the car.............

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Rebecka - There's actually a very simple explanation, they're waiting for the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Canus Pastafarii !!

I bet you gotz 16 different cameras in that house, and not one stinking picture of Iggy wearing his food?? Dat's just wrong.

Sugar Sugar
Mar '15

@5cm - that's annoying... the car wash in Budd Lake is also really good, BTW.
@Sugar - it happened in the middle of the night! Canus Pastafarii means a Komondor must've stopped by!

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

5catmom - that has happened to me and I called the office as I sat in traffic and told them what the deal was. They said no problem we will take you when you get here. Try that if it happens again. May just work.

Mar '15

I did call and gave a guesstimate about when I'd get there - but when I hit the second back up I knew I would be over a half hour late - and they had another patient coming in .I rebooked for 1pm tomorrrow - figuring I can leave plenty early and avoid this............
I wonder why it's necessary to close down 2 lanes at the same time - Horrible.

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

route 80 again - during pouring rain and some ground fog- idiots who don't put their headlights on when wipers are going - visibility was bad enough without having to strain to see unlit cars-------------------screaming..............................

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

5catmom, I hope you made your appointment. I was thinking about you when I heard about the stupid boat on 80 in Denville this afternoon.

Nothing enrages me more than those absolute effing morons driving around in complete pea soup fog with no headlights on.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '15

Thanks Tracy - I left plenty early and of course I didn't hit any bad traffic - but I had errands to do in Englewood anyway so did them first... I did see that stupid boat and thanked my lucky stars I wasn't in that mess.

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Ladies let me join you in stating how dumb it is for people to drive without their headlights on when the conditions obviously warrant it. It's one of my biggest pet peeves because they are endangering others, not just themselves. Maybe we should require IQ tests to obtain drivers licenses. If your IQ is below 50 and it's apparently too difficult for you to figure out when to use your headlights -- Sorry, no DL for you!

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Rebecka, it's the law that they be on whenever wipers are in use. I don't know if the police enforce it though.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Mar '15

Most of us realize it's the law, Pennings... it's those that haven't who worry me. :-(

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

I saw plenty of police cars in their usual middle of the highway lookouts - they could have stopped a huge number of cars if they were watching for this. Also they could use those lovely electric signs once in a while to remind the absentminded.

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Happy for the Knoxs family but now they need to find out just who the killer was best wishes to Amanda Knoxs

Mar '15

Caged

They already have the killer, Rudy Guede, who after only six years is allowed "day release". The forensic evidence in the room pointed to him (fingerprints, etc., but he pleaded out his case to involve Knox & her boyfriend, when in earlier interviews [after he'd fled to Germany], he had never said they were there). The crime scene itself was compromised and while I don't have much respect for Knox, nor her boyfriend, I never saw indications that she did it after reading several books on it, especially one by a British journalist, who examined to whole thing in the fairest and most dispassionate manner I'd seen. How they could have "scrubbed" the murder scene itself of their own DNA and fingerprints in blood and left only Guede's was always beyond me, since they'd have to be criminal masterminds and/or serial killers to do so that carefully.

The people I feel really badly for are Meredith Kercher's parents, since they'd been led to believe (by the prosecutor, indicted for prosecutorial misconduct in another case, due to indicting about 20 people on a theory alone, with no evidence to back it up) that all three of them were guilty, so they feel that their daughter's death was lacking in justice. It is, since they never should have allowed the "theory" that was only supported with contaminated evidence (gloves not changed within rooms & evidence pickup, etc.) and didn't have anything but Guede's changed story (to get an easier sentence) to back it up. Also, they're the ones who'd lost a beloved daughter.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

OMG just called to schedule an appointment to see the surgeon I want for my back - his next available appointment is in NOVEMBER! I had to ask if I was hearing that correctly lol. Holy crap.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Laundry mat. Sorry, it just makes me want to smack people.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Apr '15

Well, technically I guess there could be such a thing as a laundry mat. It would be a mat that place your laundry on. Of course, it shouldn't be confused with a actual laundromat. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Hate when people don't use their turn signals at all or at last minute. 2 lanes and left lane can either turn left or go straight. Car is sitting there, no signal on. Pull up behind him and I want to go straight. Figuring he is too. Light turns green and THEN he puts left signal on. Now I'm stuck behind him. UGH!!! I'm always told "don't sweat the small stuff", but sometimes.......................................

Apr '15

Andrew's Mom, that is a pet peeve of mine as well.

Lynnada Lynnada
Apr '15

Why oh Why would they make clean up week before the townwide garage sale. It would be so much more convenient for us residents to dump the goods that don't sell rather then holding onto them another year. UGG!

YES I understand they have only certain weekends. BUT its also a special weekend in Washington also. their merchants will suffer too. SMH...........

Christine Christine
Apr '15

What is going on in Washington?

Apr '15

bothered - Christine might be talking about the Warren County Art & Beer Festival.

http://www.washingtonbid.org/

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Thanks Calico. Wow, a lot going on all on the same weekend. Odd, being there are so many weekends in the spring and summer.

Apr '15

Christine - Cleanup day is set back in December when the DPW announces their yearly schedule. The HCCP then sets the yard sale date later, usually in March. HCCP couldn't set the yard sale to be before April 10th because that would have to have been March 21 in order to avoid Easter and Palm Sunday.

bothered - You know with the word "beer" in the name of the festival I will be there. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Calico, it's kind of sad that the important part of the festival got second billing. Who cares about the hippie beatniks and their crappy paintings (-;

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

LOL Calico - as soon as I saw that I thought "figures Calico would know" :)

Apr '15

Totally agree ianimal. I mean, craft beer is way more artistic IMO than some oils or water colors.

bothered - It was actually on the cover of "The Messenger" that came in my mailbox the other day. The word "BEER" might as well have been printed in neon. It got my attention immediately for sure.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Vent - I don't always get "The Messenger" and that's disappointing because I do enjoy thumbing thru it.

Apr '15

Calico is correct! Its a big weekend in Washington but last time they did something that coincided with Hackettstowns Garage sale Washington had a low turnout.

I know HCCP has a busy schedule Just would be better for cleanup after the garage sale. Washington needs to pick a better date for their functions if they want people to show up. I know HBID looks at all surrounding towns functions for dates. BUT some do collide unfortunately.

Christine Christine
Apr '15

Imagine what kind of day these window washers were having:
http://thedailywh.at/2015/04/nope-day-wind-knocks-around-chinese-window-washers-skyscraper/

I know that the demolition of Bergen Tool has to happen, but gosh, the pounding sound all day is making our dog go crazy, and the house shake...Though I am grateful that I am a street over from the site, I cannot imagine what those closer are going through...I keep hearing a thunderstorm happening all day, yikes..

Sanico is the worst I can't even be bothered calling them anymore. Their customer service is like GaDerkaderka....ggggaaaa derka. Not to mention rude to boot. We have put up with a lot from them, but I am just done now. I don't have the energy.

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '15

I've never heard the expression GaDerkaderka. What does it mean?

lol! Can't say that I have heard that one either Greg:)

I am surprised that you have had such a bad experience with Sanico. I only mention that because just recently I was thinking the exact opposite...I have used them for 14yrs. and other than a couple of times in the very beginning, (missed my garbage. because I was using bags and not the specified can) they have been the only service that hasn't given me a problem.
Any time I have called they have been very pleasant. If I think they have missed me they contact the driver and send him back. If they miss due to weather they have always picked up the next day. I have even run into the recycling person a few times coming back from my morning walk and they give the dogs biscuits.
Now I have probably just jinxed myself....:)

GaDerkaDerka is my new favorite word.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

Rebecka, I like it too. I may order some for lunch! LOL.

Gaaaaddeerkkaaa is our way at work of describing dippy individuals. Like they speak their own special languge. I sometimes forget that everyone isn't in on our little expressions I'm so used to using them.

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '15

Be careful with that. It comes from a movie with a lot of racist jokes in it, and some people definitely consider it offensive.

Is it really racist when performed by marionettes?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

I actually had no idea of that GC :( That's good to know, I won't be using that anymore. I just picked it up around the office and thought it was funny. Thanks for the heads up!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

Oh geez, everything could offend someone it seems these days. I'll still use the word, but only quietly, while alone, in my broom closet. ;-)

My vent: I am so sick. Haven't been this sick in decades. At first I thought it was the flu but now I'm pretty sure I have the Bubonic Plague.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

It's rather pain in the butt to get around certain areas down here now because of protesters. Seriously, protesting isn't going to change what happened.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Apr '15

I frequently stop at the bank near my office before work to use the ATM. It's a walk up machine on the side of the building, and it's before the bank opens so people usually just pull their cars up next to it. Almost every time I drive in there lately some moron is driving out the wrong way right at me because they pulled up to the ATM on the drivers side of their car, when the road is meant to go the other way, according to the signs and the arrows on the pavement. How hard is it to pull in the right way and walk around your car?

Apr '15

Working is over-rated... can't wait to get out of here and go watch some baseball at 3:30...

Metsman Metsman
Apr '15

Tomorrow is moving day. The house is barely packed. Is there anything worse than moving?

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

My brother-in-law passed away early this morning after a long battle with cancer. My poor husband and his family are so exhausted. I hope they find peace knowing that he is no longer in pain.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

omg calico, so sorry for your loss, keep strong for them, they will need your continued support (i already know you have been doing good things for them as well as you can)

will keep them all in my thoughts and prayers today (you and your husband also), first names help in this process,

how about you? do you need anything?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '15

I'm so sorry for your loss, Calico. May he rest in peace. Prayers for all of the family.

sorry for your loss, Calico.

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '15

So sorry....

Sorry for Horatio and your families. May everyone find comfort in each other.

Teenie
Apr '15

Sorry for your family's loss, Calico.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

I was so sorry to have heard he was sick to begin with, but am glad Horatio got a chance to go and say goodbye one last time. RIP

Sorry to hear about your brother in law calico

Apr '15

Calico - Prayers to your husband, you and the family.

Apr '15

Les and I send our Sincere Sympathy, Calico, to you, Horatio, and your family.

joyful joyful
Apr '15

Sorry for your loss, Calico. May he Rest In Peace

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

Thank you so much everyone. It's much appreciated.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Our tenant is already giving us aggravation and she hasn't even moved in yet. I sincerely hope we didn't make a huge mistake with her.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

OH BOY!! that's not a good sign Tracy! Good Luck.

Teenie
Apr '15

Sanico is beyond the worst!!! 6 phone calls to get an excess can picked up, and its week 3 still sitting there. A new excuse and a new "instruction" every time we call! 6 calls!! Their driver busted OUR can, not their cart and now we have to chase our tails to get the refuse picked up? Bye Felicia

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

Weeb - we have had their can for over 5 years. Canceled service with them and told them to come get the can. Never came. I called 2 more times and nothing, so we use it for excess garbage. Oh well!! And they weren't too nice on the phone either, when I canceled service.

Apr '15

Telemarketers. I get at least 10 a day. The block list on my iphone is a mile long.

Apr '15

With Waste Management I can't imagine calling for excess; I just put the can out and it disappears without any increase on the bill.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '15

Polyester golf shirts and leather car seats. Ugh....

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Pink eye for DS. After the doc said it was just allergies. Thanks.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '15

lose the robocalls - this works but does not block pharmacy calls etc: https://www.nomorobo.com/

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '15

MG we are going to be switching to Waste Management. It's a much better price and 32 more gallons to boot. BBU2 we had a very nasty experience as well when we downgraded our account from 100 gallons to 64. Not pleasant, but we got it straightened out so we stayed. No more.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

Weebiekins, look into Global. I switched from Waste Management to them a couple years ago because WM's rates got ridiculous.

jrsemom jrsemom
Apr '15

Thanks! I will check them out as well

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

We switched out of Waste Management because they were ridiculous.

Teenie
Apr '15

I got rid of both Global and Sanico. They were both ridiculous. Neither one came for their cans. So I use them both. I take my garbage and recycling to the landfill in Oxford, 2 times a month. $2 a bag for garbage and recycling is FREE. Better then paying $75+ every 3 months. And paying a head of time. Cost me about $10 a month.

Apr '15

Channels with all day marathons. Not any particular one, ALL of them. HGTV, DIY, Food Network, Travel TV, Velocity, and on, and on, and freaking on.....

Dear guy in front of me at a red light,
When the light turns green , it is NOT the time to put on your left turn signal.

Dear guy who i stopped for to let you in to the road,
A courtesy wave would be nice, I didn't HAVE to let you in to traffic.

Rock Ironjaw Rock Ironjaw
Apr '15

Oh Rock - don't you just love that. Happens all the time and its SO annoying.

Apr '15

Spitting snow? I can't stand it!!

auntiel auntiel
Apr '15

Shhhh............... don't tell Darrin.

Apr '15

Ugly Pocono Record bingo lady.

GC - what?

Apr '15

You heard me, ugly Pocono Record bingo lady. ;-)

http://static.djlmgdigital.com/spr/poconorecord/graphics/landingPages/bingo.jpg

Love her socks and sandals, GC...Very chic!!!

joyful joyful
Apr '15

photoshop failure

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '15

Oh please. Chic? Very NOT!!! And would you believe that's from a marketing company who gets paid to go out of their way to meticulously design that image??

Joyful & GC, HAVE either of you ever gone to Bingo?

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Apr '15

Ms Fishy - you know the answer to that question in Joyful's case. For me, my grandmother was such a regular for so many years that she knew each day and where the bingo was each and every night. I went and helped her out when I was younger. That was in PA where I could be under 18 but as long as she was there, it was OK.

I meant that "as a joke"..GC...White socks with sandals???? I don't think so!!
I loved Bingo, Ms Fishy, and used to go all the time but just do not much anymore...

joyful joyful
Apr '15

I use to play Bingo at the shore on occasion until one night I won the first game with a
" 4 corners " card. The place erupted with boos! I finished the night there, but never went back. The nerve of them!

Apr '15

GC - Sorry! Didn't know what you meant. Should have posted the link to begin with. I think she's adorable.

Apr '15

When you go to a drive thru food establishment and get your purchase, pull out and go! Lady in front of me had to put her change away, put the straw in her drink, situate her pocketbook (or whatever), fix her hair (AAGGH!!!), buckle up and then she pulled out. Really???? I call that ignorant, self-centered and flat out RUDE!

Apr '15

So, wait... you're saying that people should begin driving before they're prepared to pay attention to their driving just so you don't have to wait an extra 15-20 seconds? Are you for real?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Must be your lunch break. No, that's NOT what I'm saying. All she needed to do is pull up enough so the next car can get to the window. She would still be in the parking lot. I do it for others! Do you fix your hair at the drive-thru? Doubt it!

Apr '15

I don't care if she's in her own driveway. Your car should not ever be in motion without your full attention. What if a kid ran in front of her car just as she was pulling up enough to get out of your way with her hands full of straws and change and her mind on the hairs on her head that were out of place?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Jeez was she there 20 minutes or are we talking a couple of minutes ? If it's a couple minutes what's the big deal ? Calm down

Missrx Missrx
Apr '15

I doubt it was even a minute or so but when you have a hankering for some McNuggets, even a minute is too long to wait I guess.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '15

A yellow jacket up your pant leg. How the &@^ does it manage to get there in the first place??

In all likelihood, from the bottom up, GC (-;

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

I'm with you botheredbyuu2, these type of people just piss me off. Happens all the time at the ATM, I'm sitting there waiting thinking they are waiting on the ATM, only to see them pull off a minute later after their done counting their change, rearranging the pocket book or what ever. Pull up 5 feet and do that you royal dip****!

Denis Denis
Apr '15

ianimal - Thanks for your infinite sympathy. I tell you what - we'll put a yellow jacket on at the bottom of your pants, and another one at the top. Then we'll wait until we find out which one stings you in the knee. And if by chance you get stung in a particularly strategic place, well that's the price of the search for knowledge. ;-)

My vent is for the people making others feel rushed in the drive thru lines !!!! God we can't even put our stuff away .....I'm sure these are the same people who honk at a green light a millisecond after it changes !!!

Missrx Missrx
Apr '15

Probably took longer to type out the vent than it took to wait.

My vent: Change isn't a bad thing. Sadly, some things never change.

Justintime Justintime
Apr '15

How about those folks who, when the light turns green, immediately stop and let everyone in who just got there from the side........

A staunch conservative friend taught me what to yell at the time: "frakin liberal....."

Rush as many cars through the light on green and start letting those sidewinders inn when it turns yellow people.

Apr '15

Missrx, if you need more than 30 seconds to put your stuff away, move up, and if your not paying attention at the traffic light you should get honked at.

MrG, sidwinders never get in on me. Try and pass me on the right by Shoprite, and you will have to find someone else to cutt off, or deal with the damage to our cars.

Denis Denis
Apr '15

Narrow minded people that have to be right all the time..not even considering other people's ideas/opinions just for the sake of winning an argument. I think that they will never become more knowledgeable and improve themselves because they let their stubbornness and ego get in the way.

I try to be opened minded to other people's opinions and try to learn something from their point of view (only if they are not being obnoxious).

I deal with this on a daily basis.

positive positive
Apr '15

I was under the impression that this is a venting thread, if that's the case than why does bbu seem to get quite a lot of negative feed back when she vents?

There are other posters on here (won't mention names), that vent about similar issues as bbu and get the opposite responses. Is there any place you can turn to that is unbiased? I hope I'm wrong in this regard....

positive positive
Apr '15

Never had anyone stop on green to let people in that would piss me off. I will let one go ahead of me as the light turns...nothing wrong with that. I just can't stand when the whole line of cars act like they are connected and attempt to get ahead. My niceness only allows for one car, sorry.
Dennis if you are one of those that is already honking BEFORE the light turns green or at the same time it is turning I have had a few choice words for you in my car lol! Can't stand that. I think it is stupid when they do it in NYC and even more stupid here. You would risk damaging your car just to stay ahead? You may have some road rage issues lol!

It's called the New York second.

hapiest girl
Apr '15

JRT I'll give it about 3 seconds, and if your not moving by then your not paying attention, and I will honk. My car hasn't been damaged yet, people realise they are not getting in and either back off or slam their brakes, but i'll take the damage risk every single time. Pissing someone off who thinks their time is more valuable than mine is one of life's simple pleasures.

Denis Denis
Apr '15

JRT, I will give a few seconds too, and I always check the side mirror to see where the driver's eyes are. If I see them down on their lap, I honk louder. Put the phone down and drive. Nothing irks me more than sitting at a green light and watching nobody moving for 5-10 seconds. Especially when it's a green turning arrow.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

Yeah, I get that...it's especially important for certain lights here in town:) I agree when others try to get ahead, but not sure I would take the risk. One thing that does make me crazy while driving is when people go to make a turn and it's as if they are in slow motion? wth? Not sure why, but some of them go so slow that I could probably walk to the entrance faster!

Being told at 8:20 pm by one of my children that he needs supplies for a project for tomorrow's class. So the hubby kindly yet unhappily takes him to 2 stores to find what he needs with no luck and the 3rd store that will very most likely have them was already closed.

jrsemom jrsemom
Apr '15

jrsemom hasn't he done that before?

Teenie Teenie
Apr '15

+1 Positive - I too thought this was the "venting thread"! My vent: People criticizing
other ppl's vent(s) - SMH

luvlife
Apr '15

Thanks positive. It happens quite often, from a few posters, not all. Always the same ones. Guess they are bored with their lives and need something to do. If I was venting about guns, treatment of animals or the government, I wouldn't get the negative responses. Maybe my vents "hit home" and that bothers them.

AMEN luvlife!

Apr '15

Continuing my thread in a light vein :>)

Those first in line facing you who bolt left immediately on green. When I was driving my 0-60 4 second sporty they didn't stand a chance and were left eating windshield in the center of the intersection. With the hybrid, I just have to suck it up and wait.

Apr '15

Teenie, if he did I don't remember it.

jrsemom jrsemom
Apr '15

Apparently I blinked and missed spring. Except for the pollen part.

Definitely not ready for these temperatures yet.

May '15

LOL Tracy - we have been dealing with these temps down here for a while. Preston is already complaining its too hot LOL

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
May '15

Why do folks post things on the calendar without any address, or phone number.
Also, I see on FB that there is a rodeo at the auction market this w/e, does anyone know anything about it?

Ms. Fishy Ms. Fishy
May '15

More compassion on this forum for mistreated and dead animals than for a 25 year old officer.

There are flyers all over Main Street for the Rodeo this weekend.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
May '15

Some people got some d@mn nerve. Some d@mn nerve! Pot calling the kettle black much???

weebiekins weebiekins
May '15

Go to Cheyenne this summer for a real rodeo...

http://www.cheyenne.org/cheyennefrontierdays/

@maja, i agree 100% with your last comment.

dadof2
May '15

There is so much misery in the world. Sometimes it is easier to comment on light hearted topics than to get embroiled in an extended back and forth on issues that drain the soul. I think a lot of animal advocates are also people who care deeply about the
Officer mentioned and other similar cases, but are choosing to deal with the situation in their own personal way. One way to do this is to pray for the families and the world...

May '15

I agree with Spring Fever- I care a lot more about an officer killed than any animal. However, it's just not a post I choose to participate on bc of the way those types of posts can sometimes just go in the wrong direction

Nosila Nosila
May '15

I understand putting furniture and stuff out after a yard sale, or anytime you are looking to get rid of something, but I saw this couch on the corner of Rt 57 and Airport Rd for days and it makes the area look crappy. Whoever put it there was really dumb. IMO! Looks like it was just dumped when it's not near a house. Maybe it was, I don't know. May sound stupid to some, but that's how I feel. JS!

May '15

A proposal to ban bestiality in New Jersey advanced in the state Legislature on Thursday.
The state Senate Judiciary committee on Thursday voted 11-0 to pass a bill (A3012) that explicitly bans human sexual activity with animals.

The bill passed the Assembly last summer.

Previously, New Jersey authorities have attempted to prosecute bestiality under animal cruelty statutes. But in at least one case, a former Moorestown police officer was cleared after being accused of molesting calves because a judge ruled that it didn't constitute animal cruelty. (The man went to prison for child molestation.)

"It doesn't occur very often, but when it does occur it kind of straps the prosecutor's hands," said state Sen. Christopher "Kip" Bateman (R-Somerset), a sponsor.

"When I read it, I couldn't believe it wasn't covered," said state Sen. Nicholas Scutari (D-Union), the committee's chairman.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/nj_is_one_step_closer_to_outlawing_bestiality.html#incart_river

skippy skippy
May '15

People who move and "can't take" their dog or cat.

Really???

I'd live on the street before moving somewhere I "couldn't take" my animals.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

Sorry but until it happens to you Rebecka you do not know what you would actually do. I am in a position I HAVE to move and I am finding it very difficult to find a place who will take dogs. I am not in a rush but I will give my dog to someone of I cant take him with me. No way I am living on the streets.

Teenie Teenie
May '15

I think it is a shame that so many landlords in this area won't allow at least small pets. My dog would make less noise than most people and cause no damage. Never writes on walls with crayons, but isn't that what damage deposits and pet rental fees are for?

BUT they will take cats! I want my future landlord to come to my current home and see how I live. They will see a spotless house, no smells, no stains and a well behaved dog.

Teenie Teenie
May '15

My land lord allows small to medium dogs and cats. There are a lot of cats here. Its not a cheep apt.

Old Gent Old Gent
May '15

Teenie, I can identify with you . Not an easy choice to make. Your are correct until you walk in my shoes please don't judge. Perhaps help find a solution instead of judging.

outsider outsider
May '15

Friday the longest day of the week.

auntiel auntiel
May '15

I think its not so much the noise the animals make, but the peeing and pooping on the floors and carpets that the landlords don't want. I can understand both sides of the argument. I love my cat and would never, ever move somewhere that I couldn't have her. I know some situations happen and there's nothing you can do, but hopefully we will never have to make that decision.

May '15

This rodeo music f'ing blows. A nice spring day out in the yard being ruined by having to listen to the world's worst music. Enough with the sh1tty base!

Darwin Darwin
May '15

I thought there was a thread on this but I am not finding it.
Must have been removed...

Are there family activities going on? The only rodeo I ever went to was in California and it was all horse type events in a huge ring. Just curious how a rodeo would be carried out in such a small area in Hackettstown.

So my vent will be if no one answers this post...

May '15

It was removed before it took a bad turn. Remember they had to get a permit to hold this event. Don't forget that paperwork had to have crossed the Mayor's desk and the council for approval. I'm sure the BID had no involvement, if they did we would have heard a lot more about it. The whole event seemed very hush, hush to me. Curious to know why. I haven't been to a rodeo in years. I like them.

auntiel auntiel
May '15

In the last four hours we've seen a horse ridden and led around the ring for about ten minutes. Nothing else I would consider entertainment has happened.

Not too thrilled that I was trying to exit a business near the rodeo and multiple people were blocking the exit as they crossed through this business lot. Walk on the street but don't cut through a lot where people need to exit. I am all about letting pedestrians go, in the right place. I felt like when I hold the door for someone and people keep on coming through and I am stuck holding the door. They kept on coming, slowly! No thanks. Music does blow too!!

youngnfresh youngnfresh
May '15

If you want to see a "real" Rodeo, head on down to Woodstown, NJ. Cowtown Rodeo has been held for over 60 years. Exit 2 on the NJ Turnpike. Every Saturday night from Memorial Day till Labor Day with special events at other times. For more information, Google Cowtown Rodeo.

Ms. Fishy Ms. Fishy
May '15

Now we are onto pony rides for adults. So much for a rodeo...this is ridiculous! Glad we got our tickets for free.

I give up...I'm not sure what this is, but it isn't like any rodeo I've ever seen. We're heading home.

I guess that answers my question.
I believe I am at a loss for words.
Thank you to those who answered, auntiel, Snow, Youngnfresh and Mrs. Fishy.

May '15

THIS MUSIC IS KILLING ME!

Its so loud and the girl on the microphone voice is so annoying. I went to the liquor store to get some wine for our nice dinner and there were so many people in there buying liquor I am wondering where they are drinking it? They had on very glitzy cowboy outfits on. I thought this was suppose to end by 5pm. So much for our picnic outside. We had to go inside and still can hear the base. WTH!!!

Teenie Teenie
May '15

I can hear it up the hill. Hope it ends soon. Must be hideously loud closer.

A good day
May '15

I cant imagine anyone paying $40 for an event like this. Does anyone know when it is suppose to end? I have a wicked headache.

Teenie Teenie
May '15

Looks to end at 9 pm. And yes, her voice sounds like someone is killing chickens!

John C John C
May '15

OMG! Another hour and a half? UGG thanks John! I need Tylenol now!

teenie teenie
May '15

Let's hope this rodeo doesn't turn into an annual event. I can't that base out of my head.

Darwin Darwin
May '15

It stopped about 8. Thank God! It killed my outdoor dining experience on our deck!

teenie teenie
May '15

UGG now we are having a controlled power outage from 9am to 1pm. Would have liked a bit more notice from JCP&L.

teenie teenie
May '15

Anybody that can hear the livestock crying and mooing at the market on Monday nights and Tuesdays....sure could hear the very loud music at the Rodeo being held on Stiger St. last night. We live near the Hills of Independence and could hear it loud and clear..and yes, from this direction, it did not sound very good!!

joyful joyful
May '15

From the comments on this "rodeo" I am glad we dropped the top on the Jeep and went to our parent's houses for mothers day rather then having the annual get together BBQ at our house.

I as well hope it doesn't turn into a annual event, but if it does, or before it even is considered, more town involvement should be required.

Darrin Darrin
May '15

This is the time for residents, businesses, including the DPW, police and emergency services and whomever was either positively or adversely affected by this event to make note and leave word with town hall and the BID. I would hope any entity that holds a public event of any kind and certainly the BID in our town, conducts both a pre and post event meeting. It is a simple way to improve existing annual events moving forward as well as determine if a new event should occur again or not.

Greg - The BID didn't plan, run or even get notification of it. They're not responsible for it. It's the Town Council that does approvals that you want to have the discussion about any future event.

Why is everyone acting like the town wasn't aware of this event? Just like the town is aware of the "junkyard of cars" down the street from the municipal building, do you really think this rodeo was unknown to town officials?

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean the town was aware of it.

So how do you feel when strangers from everywhere park in front of your house so they can walk to the Spring Festival?
Or what about the massive traffic jam downtown for the parades?
Street Festival anyone? How many businesses lose money because a buying customer avoids Main Street on that day?

Oh no, people came to town and spent money! Oh no!

emaxxman emaxxman
May '15

The town clearly knew about it. They issued the permit, had the police there and closed the streets.

The question is was the event worth it to the town. When the BID puts on events their main goal is how will it benefit the local businesses and local residents. Not sure how this event benefited anyone in town. And the Street Fair brings thousands of potential customers to MAIN ST so if any business loses money on those days then they are doing something wrong. AGAIN THIS WAS NOT A BID EVENT

But my only issue was the music, it was God Awful.

darwin darwin
May '15

My statement above, "Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean the town was aware of it" should have read, "doesn't mean the town WASN'T aware of it."

Darwin - The BID is funded by businesses in town so it MUST look to the benefit of the town first and foremost. However, if a private promoter wants to hold an event, does it have be concerned with the overall town benefit first? I would argue they don't. It's up to the town officials who grant the permits to decide if the event is something they are OK with. With the rodeo, it seems that there was no reason to deny the request despite the fact that it may or may not appeal to everyone.

I don't want to speak for anyone but I wouldn't think a business like the marble store would benefit from the street fair. I would agree that most businesses on Main Street would benefit from some sort of foot traffic as most stores are your traditional retail shops.

emaxxman emaxxman
May '15

But I would bet they benefit maybe not that day but in the long run from people walking by and saying "hmm didn't know that was here"

Darrin Darrin
May '15

"The question is was the event worth it to the town."

People and organizations hold events for like-minded people. You can choose to attend, or not, based on your personal tastes. If enough people attended and enjoyed the event it was successful. If not, the event won't be held again.

The town's only influence should be to verify safe operation and adherence to town ordinances. Overall success of the event will be determined by those participating with their wallet.

justintime justintime
May '15

How was the noise from the rodeo any different then the noise from the May Festival?
I don't understand all the complaining. Is it because the rodeo is something YOU don't enjoy, therefore it was annoying??

May '15

With the rodeo, it seems that there was no reason to deny the request despite the fact that it may or may not appeal to everyone.

Everyone? not sure it appealed to ANYONE :)

darwin darwin
May '15

I am guessing people did not like the music mainly because it did not appeal to them and sounds like it was played very loud.

To have a event such as this so close to A LOT of homes, especially on a holiday where many people were trying to enjoy a nice day with their mothers may of not been a good decision

I was not home so I really don't know, but if I was, I am sure I would of felt the same way.

Darrin Darrin
May '15

Darrin- exactly! Agree

A good day
May '15

So don't let the rodeo back next year, but keep having the Spring Festival. SMH!
Noise is noise. I'm sure there are some people on HL that live near the festival, yet I don't see any of them complaining on here about the noise.

May '15

"Is it because the rodeo is something YOU don't enjoy, therefore it was annoying??"

BBYU you can shake your head all you want but you have no clue what you are talking about. it has nothing to do with liking or not liking rodeos. i don't care if it was country music, bluegrass or Mariachi music. The problem was it was awful techno music, certainly not the style of music i would expect at a rodeo. So the BASE was so loud it was shaking my windows and i live 4 blocks away. gave you a headache after 20mins.

Not to mention it was Mother's Day so we had a nice day in the backyard interupted by the world's crappest music.

darwin darwin
May '15

"Crappiest music" - that's YOUR opinion. Did the Festival music bother you?

What if your neighbor was cutting the grass at 3pm while you were having a BBQ outside? That's wrong too?

May '15

I second the crappiest music.

justplainwrong
May '15

botheredbyuu2,we get it- you and your 30 room mates like mexican rodeos.

justplainwrong
May '15

"Crappiest music" - that's YOUR opinion

YES that is my OPINION! i'm entitled to have an opinion, right? And no the sound of a lawnmower wouldn't bother me nearly as much as this crap. Maybe if he spent 8hrs with his lawnmower on :)

darwin darwin
May '15

This was not an official rodeo..they had no classes a true rodeo has, Barrel Racing, Bronc Riding, Calf Roping, Bull Riding, Pole Bending. I belong to the Woman's Professional Rodeo Association. To call it a "rodeo" is a joke.

This was nothing more than a Mexican Festival masqueraded as a Rodeo..I live on Stiger Street. The music was horrid and the base made my windows vibrate.

pampurr pampurr
May '15

"Thanks positive. It happens quite often, from a few posters, not all. Always the same ones. Guess they are bored with their lives and need something to do. If I was venting about guns, treatment of animals or the government, I wouldn't get the negative responses. Maybe my vents "hit home" and that bothers them."

-BBYU 1 week ago

Maybe you should take some of your own advise BBYU, and let people vent on the venting thread without jumping down their throat. :) Bottle meet Kettle

darwin darwin
May '15

No one is jumping down any ones throat. I asked why the music bothered you but nothing else does. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. Just because it bothers YOU doesn't mean it should be banned!

Justplainwrong - I don't have 30 roomates and that comment proves exactly what the real reason is behind not liking that music and rodeo. Grow up bigots!

May '15

My vent... doesn't ANYONE in Hackettstown know the difference between BASE and BASS?

ianimal ianimal
May '15

^ I was waiting for that:)

Blackcat Blackcat
May '15

LOL iaminal. My bad. Well played

Darwin Darwin
May '15

IKR. One's a fish, the other's a low tone. And you can tune a piano for base, but you can't tuna fish.

May '15

Way to stay classy @justplainwrong.

It is funny that this became a rant against the music ... as BBY noted there are plenty of homes near the festival that don't go crazy about the noise and how about those near the HS field when they have music roaring from the speakers in the summer and drums during evening games until about 10pm.

Plain noise is different from bass. Bass travels, and can be very irritating to people with sensitive hearing, just sayin.....

Also the spring festival was not over a holiday weekend, and was well advertised and known about where as this was more last minute and kept seemingly quiet

Darrin Darrin
May '15

Actually mistergoogle, BASE is neither, while BASS is both!

Base is the foundation or bottom of something or a parachuting activity (BASE jumping).

Bass can be either low frequency sound (or the stringed musical instrument that plays them) or a type of fish.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '15

Anti vent: so glad this guy is no longer in office. What a clown

http://www.mediaite.com/online/allen-west-thinks-he-got-sharia-lawd-at-a-wal-mart/

darwin darwin
May '15

So now we can't have events over a holiday weekend? These rants are obviously all due to:
1) People didn't care for the music - its type and intensity
2) People are butt hurt that they didn't get an invitation

I can't stand techno (I actually can't stand most of the music played today) but the loud music is no different than noise from the Festival. I used to live near a high school football field. Heard the loud announcer and band every Saturday morning. It's life.

As far as invitations, flyers were passed out stores. What more do you want? The M&M Easter Egg hunt isn't advertised at all. Where the rants about that?

emaxxman emaxxman
May '15

i think we all are clear that the cause of our rants were option 1

and sorry all noises are not the same. some are pleasant to hear even if they are loud and some make you want to punch a baby

(Dane Cook reference for those young enough to know who Dane Cook is)

darwin darwin
May '15

emaxxman, this is a venting thread......it is for people to complain. You shouldn't come here and wonder why people are complaining, unless you are in fact complaining about them complaining. People will complain about what bothers them.

Most were probably more "welcomed" to the spring festival. At a $40 pp fee, it is not really a hey lets go check it out type event.

Darrin Darrin
May '15

Darrin - You're right about the "free venting" part. I got caught up in the discussion (which is what it turned into.)

emaxxman emaxxman
May '15

+100000000000000000000000000000000000 emaxxman

It amazes me that jut because someone doesn't like something, it should be banned, never held again or be held somewhere else. The hell with the people that may enjoy it. Very self-centered.

May '15

never said banned, but i do think the town should put some thought into if this event should be held again.

1) from "snow's" comments that were there it didn't seem to live up to what it was billed as
2) the noise was awful.. not just my opinion, just about everyone in a 8 block radius
3) $40 cover, i would think we would want to make sure those who paid and went didn't feel ripped off. could hurt our town's reputation
4) those familiar with rodeos didn't seem to think this was a real rodeo

but hey who knows, maybe it was a giant success and those that went loved it, just can't seem to find any of them.

but whatever i am done talking about it. I didn't care for the "music" and if it never comes to town again i won't be disappointed. And if it does, i will make sure to leave for the day. Lesson learned.

darwin darwin
May '15

darwin - I must agree the $40 cover seems outrageous. Wonder how many went.

Me too, done! ; ) Enjoy the nice day today.Maybe have dinner outside tonight. Pretty quiet! LOL!

May '15

Phil, I guess I missed my mark. I base this on your base response debasing my weak attempt at humor over the multiple definitions of base and bass. By the way, I am a bass.

May '15

The fact that is was billed a "Rodeo" was very misleading. When I spoke to the people at the Livestock Auction where I buy my hay..they told me about it and I called the auction myself and they told me no participants??

I have Barrel horses..and do "real rodeo"> If they plan on running this next year I suggest they call it a Mexican Festival because bringing a few bucking bulls up from South Jersey does not make them a REAL RODEO! Such BS.

pampurr pampurr
May '15

mistergoogle

I caught the REO Speedwagon album reference to "You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish", but you used base in reference to the piano, when it should have been bass(as in bass notes), so yeah, your joke seemed a bit baseless.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '15

I can't believe the amount of time and energy that has gone into discussing this rodeo.

You are a very serious man, Phil.

May '15

mistergoogle

At times, sure, but many times not serious at all, as those who know me well can attest ;-)

Phil D. Phil D.
May '15

Seriously need to get my bangs trimmed. Feel like a schnauzer.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

how many dogs you got Becky?

skippy skippy
May '15

See "11th Edition" thread.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/685159

May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.