Dec '14

Cool link! Thanks.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Re: NJ Gas Prices online

Not too bad!

John C John C
Dec '14

How looooow will we go!! Those gas prices under $2 a gallon down in south jersey are looking pretty good right now. Hopefully those prices will work their way up here in the next couple weeks.

Price good, mileage bad. Anyone else seeing a bigger mileage drop than usual for winter (oxygenated) gas? Mine's at least another 1 mpg lower than typical this winter. I can't help but wonder what the laws are regarding oxygenation and if they've recently been changed - anyone know or have a decent link?

justintime justintime
Dec '14

I haven't noticed any difference in mileage this winter from last.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

My gas mileage is the same too, haven't noticed any drop yet.

Same here, no difference. Dropped a few mpg, just like every winter.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '14

So are prices are on the upswing???? I paid $1.78 at Valero in Clinton last Thursday, today it was $1.91.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Seems like it. The other day Citgo on Rt 57 was $1.68, now $1.74

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Feb '15

Yes, Calico. Quite fast too, of course. I got gas at BP in Budd Lake on Friday for 1.87, by Sunday they were 1.95. I heard production has been cut to catch up with the oversupply.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Feb '15

Re: NJ Gas Prices online

Two points:

First, the Boss 6.2L gets poor fuel mileage in a heavy F150.

Second, my MPG swings pretty far between winter and summer fill-ups.

(Blue = Actual MPG at each fill up, Red = Running average MPG to that point)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '15

Just paid $1.75 at the BP across from M&M Mars. The Quik Chek up the road was already up to $1.85.

Places that were $1.81 two days ago are up to $1.95 today. Prices sure go up a lot faster than they come down, huh? (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

they stopped alot of drilling rigs because of the surplus.. Too much supply lowered the prices, now they are lowering the supply to cause the price to go back up.

I hope this guy is wrong about future prices shooting back up by this fall

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102381893

darwin darwin
Feb '15

Station in Budd Lake yesterday $2.01 I thought "good, on my way back I will get some"
2 hrs later, same station $2.08. Wth!

Apr '15

I paid $2.11 this morning, and on my way home the same station was at $2.25.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

I believe gas stations are allowed to raise the price once per day.

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '15

Yes, they are allowed to change them once per 24 hour period. But 14 cents? Wowza!

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Not sure why some gas stations are raising prices suddenly by so much. Filled up at the Costco in Wharton this morning at $2.05 for regular. A 2 cent increase from yesterday.

Prices are definitely shooting up as usual. Wawa in Parsippany is 10 cents higher than last week. It takes three weeks for the prices to drop 2 cents, but just hours for them to go up more than 10-15.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

Glad I filled up yesterday. Wharton Costco up to $2.12 this morning.

I thought they only can raise it a certain amount also. Not sure why I thought that. I filled up at 2.03 gal 2 days ago the next day it was 2.17 gal. OUCH!

Teenie
Apr '15

Went to the Exxon on RT 57 in Washington today. He inserted my card and then asked for my zip code. Uh... never had anyone ask me that. Why? Guess I should have asked him. LOL!

Jun '15

Gas is under $1/gallon in Michigan!

http://www.wptv.com/news/national/michigan-becomes-first-state-to-welcome-back-gas-under-1

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '16

I used an app called "Gas Buddy" to find the current prices. Citgo and Speedway tend to have the lowest credit prices. Costco is always significantly cheaper for regular but sometimes only a cent or two for premium.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jan '16

http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/Hackettstown/index.aspx

Skippy Skippy
Jan '16

Calico - Gas was under a dollar last year in Allentown too. It was a special "throwback" promotion. Those stations in Michigan seem to be doing the same thing. Gasbuddy currently reports the prices back up to a still very low $1.28. Some kind of temporary price war there.

Citgo is always the best bet because they charge the same for cash and credit. A lot of others don not

angela1
Jan '16

On this morning's news on ABC reported that within the next couple of weeks, gas prices are set to drop between 10 to 20 cents per gallon. Keeping my fingers crossed that the report is right!!

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Jan '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.