Snow weekend of 12/20/14-12/21/14?

A bit off in the distance, but time to start hoping for a White Christmas!

http://www.weathernj.com/dec-14-east-coast-snow-storm-detected/

Signed on this morning to start this post. Glad to see it is already there. Yes I hope for a white Christmas, good for the soul.

just coach just coach
Dec '14

seriously ?? concert at NJPAC Sunday - drive to Providence RI wednesday--- need clear skies please

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

Need the roads clear on Christmas Day, please....Have to go over the river and through the woods...that afternoon...

joyful joyful
Dec '14

Mixed signals at best on the models. No one knows anything at this point.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '14

Quote from weather nj today.
"An early look at the weekend indicates an east coast winter storm that should bring snow to most of the region. I’ll be tracking that very closely this week."

Yes too early to tell but we all like talking about it.
thanks Bryan glad to know you have not truly left us to fend for ourselves.

just coach just coach
Dec '14

Love the new screen name Bryan. I definitely don't want any snow this weekend. Make it miss us!!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

My MIL is flying in from FL on Sunday evening to spend Christmas week with us. Maybe she won't make it?? :)

ImOnSaxton ImOnSaxton
Dec '14

"My MIL"

Oh crap, now we're guaranteed 50 degree temps and sunny skies just to screw ImOnSaxton. ;-)

Please give us real weather...

+10000000 joyful. Me too.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Dec '14

Its going to be a little warm. If you consider just north or south of 40 degrees warm.

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Dec '14

Good! NO snow.

Dec '14

it's winter in North NJ, snow at the end of December is pretty common. If that bothers you, move south!!

kepa
Dec '14

The models continue to lose what (some of them) were showing for this weekend. Not to say there won't be any snow but there certainly isn't any support for something bigger at this point. So those silly people who thought this was a lock can probably starting focusing on their next fantasy.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '14

Praise Jesus!! (as my mom would say LOL)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '14

So I guess that means my MIL will be here on time?!

Boo....

ImOnSaxton ImOnSaxton
Dec '14

Kepa-you go first, please!

Dec '14

Guess you can move the boy out of NJ, but you just can't remove the NJ out of the boy.......... Gettin a bit antsy in the land of slow speaking are we?

Just let your NJ out on us fantasy boy :>) we here for ya. And remember your new fond farewell: h a v e a n I c e d a y. (which in Southern speak means anything from have a nice day to up yours.......it's an acquired inflection nuance thing :>)

Thanks for the update, keep em coming, we miss ya, say hi to bubba.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Dec '14

haha MG. I will always follow the weather no matter where i am. I had my fill of snow in November though. The southern stereotypes are a thing of the past where i am. Minus the friendliness of course which is a tough find up north.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '14

When I lived in Georgia it was "Bless your heart" same meanings Mr. G. LOL!! Bryan hope you are adjusting well. Glad you are still checking on our weather!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '14

Hope you all get a good laugh from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUFL2GT1-2g

Justthoughts
Dec '14

^ Perfect!

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

Ha..h dumb. (Sorry)

Dec '14

ROFL!!!! That was great!!

Dec '14

BBY - Bless you heart.

(Couldn't help it.)

Justthoughts
Dec '14

Yay! Thanks Bryan!! :)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Dec '14

Jrzygirl88...I have a very good friend who was raised in Georgia but has lived up North for the last 30 years but still everything you tell her she replies with a... "Well, Bless Your Heart!" Love it!

joyful joyful
Dec '14

visited friends in S.C. and everywhere we went people greeted eachother with
"how rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"
and they knew people everywhere - so there were a lot of those rather long greetings

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

no I enjoy the climate, bothered! after you~

kepa
Dec '14

Don't forget I'm fiiiiiiiiine. Constantly hear that. By the way, been down here 3 weeks and i have not had to zone out 1 single NASCAR conversation. Shocking.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '14

NASCAR, is to expensive for the Red Necks

Old Gent Old Gent
Dec '14

Bryan - People in Charleston, SC area are all about their Nascar (well I should say the natives)

I guess I am going to have to keep an eye on this weather since we are leaving friday or saturday driving from Charleston, SC burbs to NJ! I typically take 81 but I am wondering if god awful 95 is better for this one.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Dec '14

Yeah i guess it depends where you are.

BTW next week looks very interesting weather-wise. But let's wait at least a few days on that.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '14

When does this start? and how much do we get?

stressed out stressed out
Dec '14

At this point, it doesn't start. 40% chance of rain monday. That's it.

Dec '14

Snow or flurries possible Sunday according to accuweather. No accumulations are being predicted at this point.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Dec '14

Bryan - please define "interesting." Sharknado-interesting, or a few inches of snow interesting?

Seriously, thanks for keeping us informed. Glad this weekend turned out to be without a storm. So many people are traveling for the holidays, going to parties... be safe, all.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Yeh Sat night/Sun morning looks light (if anything). Some uncertainty there so i don't want to completely rule anything out yet.

Now next week is a mess. But i lean way towards rain than anything right now. It could be heavy and come in multiple waves. That part is still to be ironed out.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '14

Oh, no white Christmas? Boo hoo hoo! ; )

Dec '14

Very active (i.e. stormy) pattern coming up. Basically for about 2 weeks starting early this week (particularly Weds). Rain for now but colder air is on the horizon. Can't say whether it would be snow or rain post xmas but i would think snow opportunities will definitely be on the table. Timing of the cold air will be the big factor. Not looking forward to it because i have several NC/NJ trips on the horizon. With a little luck maybe some of the storms could slide south or east but it's hard to say right now.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '14

as usual Bryan you predicted rain and rain it is. I look forward to some snow down the road. safe travels and keep the info coming. thanks

just coach just coach
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.