Any romantic restaurants around

Any romantic retaurants around town or not too far away....something with dim lighting.... Talking no more than 20 minutes away.... Thanks in advance.

TonySnow33 TonySnow33
Dec '14

Hackettstown Churrascaria and Mezza House come to mind. They are both small, very very leisurely, and can accommodate wanting something quiet. Other possibility I always seem to find very dimly lit is Black Forrest Inn.

restaurant at Apple Mountain Golf Club in Belvidere/Oxford

big sports fan big sports fan
Dec '14

The Pump House, Rte 46, Hackettstown....They have not only a beautiful dining area with a fireplace and soft music playing but also a area with booths and a bit more privacy.... 5 minutes from Main St. Hackettstown. Been going there for many, many years.

joyful joyful
Dec '14

Mattars or Circa. Black Forest is also good- ask to sit near the fireplace.

Gadfly Gadfly
Dec '14

Bells mansion in Stanhope.

Loved Bells Mansion. Went on Valentine's Day one year and the atmosphere was great.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Dec '14

It depends a lot on your food tastes and how much you want to spend, but if you want to try something different and charming, consider the Red Wolf Inn, in Belvidere. From the outside, the place looks like somebody's old farmhouse, and at first, you'll be wondering if you're at the right place. But the inside is cozy and charming--like eating at a large bed & breakfast. It's small--only a few tables--so make reservations, especially on the weekend. They're well known for fantastic steaks (though they have many other dishes). It is, in my opinion, a LITTLE bit pricey, but the portions are HUGE--if there are just two of you going, consider splitting a meal.

Out of all the restaurants I've visited in this area, if I really wanted to charm a woman, I would take her there, because it's different, cozy, and memorable--something she'll remember and enjoy telling everyone about.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Dec '14

Outside of your 20 minute limit for folks in the Hackettstown area by about 10 minutes but I took my wife to the Spain Inn II in Asbury last night for her birthday. It was our first time there. We had a table next to the fireplace and the service and food were outstanding.

http://spaininn.net/spaininn2/

Prickly Pear on Stiger Street. Excellent food at great prices - Get some wine or whatever you prefer at Shop Rite liquors few doors down,

Linda & Joe Andes have created a little get away! Soft lighting, nice music, and don't miss dessert if you go - they are super!

Some good suggestions here. I'll add The Inn at Millrace Pond in Hope.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

I would suggest Prickley Pear in Hackettstown-(coupons in the mailers), Bells Mansion inStanhope is always excellent, as other readers said Black Forest for good German food, The Inn at Millrace pond in Hope is romantic too. Good Luck

D McDonnell D McDonnell
Dec '14

It's a little over 20 minutes from H'town, but The Glen Gardner Inn is also nice.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

I would only further add if you go to the Inn at Mill Race Pond, eat down stairs in the "Tavern" section if you want quiet and dim lit.

My girlfriend and I went to prickly pear for our anniversary this year, the food was fantastic

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Dec '14

I'll have to try the Prickly Pear. Nothing says romance like a good coupon!

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '14

LOL Meister.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

Meister, my husband's thoughts, exactly!

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Dec '14

From what I remember, PP wasn't really dimly lit. La Strada is nice restaurant with ambiance, good food, and dimly lit.

emaxxman emaxxman
Dec '14

Taphouse Grille. They have dim lighting and you could share a bottle of wine over some tasty entrees.

Ok, I'm a restaurant snob, I admit it. All these suggestions are pretty piss poor, with the exception of the black forest inn, which I go to pretty much every single week. Even the BFI though - in my view - is just okay. The inn at millrace pond has a nice atmosphere, but beyond that the food stinks or at the very least is totally inconsistent.

Here are some suggestions that are well worth it:

1) Ellias in Columbia always has creative food and top notch proteins
2) Ocean 235 in Easton is usually spot on but that might be a bit far
3) Rosa Luca's in Asbury. This one is pretty damn good.

All three above will form a nice iron triangle that you can't beat.

devteam908 devteam908
Dec '14

dev - I agree with all of your suggestions, but they are all way more than 20 mins. from H'town. Ellias being closest time wise if you jump on 80.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

Alice's in Lake Hopatcong. Great food, great view of the lake. More than 20 min from Hackettstown, but worth it.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '14

I know it's farther than 20 minutes but Highlawn Pavilion in West Orange has the BEST lighting and there is nothing more romantic than a seat by the window!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Dec '14

must agree with highlawn pavilion ... very upscale and a terrific view

ken e
Dec '14

Anyone notice that the OP never returned?

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

Maybe they broke up lol

Missrx Missrx
Dec '14

LOL maybe.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

Maybe he used a coupon.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '14

Thai Kitchen BYOB Chester - across from Shop Rite ....back by The Gap....quiet and fabulous!

crazy jane
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.