Loose dog seen on Pequest Rd. -Oxford

There was a loose brownish tan chihuahua or chihuahua mix seen roaming loose on Pequest Road in Oxford. Several people have tried to approach the dog but it's very timid and won't let anyone near it.

Mel,

FYI....been keeping an eye out.....I live in the immediate area driving up and down that road multiple times a day and haven't seen anything in the last 3 days since you posted.

Good luck

Any updates on this? I'm sure animal control was notified. Has anyone called them for updates?

villani villani
Dec '14

I had heard that the dog was caught by a person living on that road and was in good health. They were tracking down the owner. It turns out the dog was black not brown tan chihuahua or chihuahua mix.

The likelihood that this dog was dumped is very high as for the last 4 years Chihuahua and Chihuahua mixes have been dumped there or close to that location.

animal lover animal lover
Dec '14

"The likelihood that this dog was dumped is very high as for the last 4 years Chihuahua and Chihuahua mixes have been dumped there or close to that location." - animal lover

Hmmm, that's a really interesting statement. Can you elaborate? Isn't there always talk of an animal testing facility in that area?

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

the animal testing facility does not house dogs from what I know, only chimps. The area is wildlife preserve so not a lot of houses, several animals from a goose, dogs, cats have all been dumped along that area...some the houses actually heard a car door and then an animal was found running loose. No additional updates on the Chihuahua.

Dec '14

Thanks animal lover. I am familiar with the area, as I don't live too far from there. Just seems kind of strange all the animal dumping going on. I'll never understand why people do that type of thing. Just surrender the animal. SMH

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

Animal Lover- I thought the same thing!!!

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/451910

Nosila Nosila
Dec '14

Thank you Nosila...never even saw that thread before now...must have missed it.

Dec '14

Update, the dog did get loose from a foster home. The person who caught here wanted to keep her, but the foster said it would cost $300 and of course that was not a possibility. Needless to say the dog went back to the foster home. I felt bad for the person who wanted to keep her and give her a good home. I don't understand why any organization would want that much money when the goal is to get good homes. I know Eleventh Hour is expensive, but I don't believe it was them.

Dec '14

Animal lover- really? That's pretty crappy. Any way you can find out the adoption place? Maybe we can do some convincing

Nosila2 Nosila2
Dec '14

sorry to derail the thread, but wasn't Barton's west end animal testing place shut down a few years ago? I hate to think it's still active. wouldn't be surprised if that family was dumping overstock dogs if they indeed use them.

kepa
Dec '14

I can try if I see the person...will let you know Nosila2. As for the animal testing place it is open, but I know that they only house Chimps.

Dec '14

Ugh!! I've heard of a place locally the test on monkeys. Actually, I met a guy briefly that worked for them or some company that involved the transpiration of the chimps to the facility. What town is this lab located in?

villani villani
Dec '14

animal lover,

rescues do that so they can afford to help more animals in need because they run on donations. They also vet the animal and have to feed it.

gypsysmom gypsysmom
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.