Shed Moving

Hello all. I have a shed that I want to move on my property. It's only going to be moved roughly 15 to 20 feet. Now, this isn't your old school, aluminum shed. This has its own concrete slab it's on and is pretty big. Does anyone know a company that will move the shed? Somehow, they're able to either hoist the shed or roll it? As I mentioned, it's pretty big and solid. Advice and recommendations are appreciated.

Shedder
Dec '14

I would start by calling a company that sells sheds.

Try Amish Mike right in Budd Lake:

973 691 1315 or

908 651 0925

http://www.amishmike.com/

How big is "pretty big"? Are we talking 10x10 or is this more of a garage that you call a "shed"?

ianimal ianimal
Dec '14

ianimal, I don't have the exact dimensions. I can fit a riding mower and an assortment of tools.

Shedder
Dec '14

Are you local ,can you get a truck in near the shed and do you have to drive on the grass .

rapmuzik rapmuzik
Dec '14

Right now, the shed is directly behind the house so we'll have to drive on the grass. Not a big deal, the reason for moving the shed is because we're putting down a pavers patio.

Shedder
Dec '14

If you're only going 15 to 20 ft, you could put some steel pipes under it and roll it yourself. Wait until the ground freezes over though.

southerner
Dec '14

or Fox Run Sheds in Washington may be able to help....

Summer Summer
Dec '14

"If you're only going 15 to 20 ft, you could put some steel pipes under it and roll it yourself. Wait until the ground freezes over though."

I've moved sheds this way. Few guys, few beers, lots of mussel. In your case I think your going to need to leave the concrete slab behind. I doubt you'll be able to successfully move that.

sack
Dec '14

I'd just build the paver patio about 15 to 20 feet away from the current shed.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '14

Build the patio right around it and turn it into the "smoke shed" next to the grill (-;

ianimal ianimal
Dec '14

About 25 years ago I moved a wooden shed for a friend 10x16-- 50 feet,
I used 4 of those doughnut spare tires that we bought at the junkyard for $2.00 each, and pipe axles .
We jacked up the shed onto the home made axles and wheels, and moved the shed onto a new concrete base. We used the wife and the two kids as extra push power.

It worked like a champ! "We felt like a bunch of Egyptians!"

Embryodad Embryodad
Dec '14

All great ideas here. Like the smoke shed especially.

Shedder
Dec '14

As others have said, Amish Mike is the best around and he can move most sheds.

Htownguy Htownguy
Dec '14

Amish Mike moved a large shed for me years ago and he showes up with a dually and a large trailer. He needed a pretty good amount of space to maneuver everything around. I was quite impressed with his work. Just make sure there's enough space and do expect to do some work on your yard afterwards.

southerner
Dec '14

Have to agree with everybody else, Amish Mike is the best when it comes to moving sheds. Plus, he's a local guy. One thing, and this should be obvious, make sure you totally clean out your shed before having it moved. Makes life a lot simpler.

BLButcher
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.