Where to donate stuffed animals?

I have done my research and I believe there have been threads about this, but not recently. Are there any places that will take softly used or new stuffed animals as donations? I am one of those people who wants to know my stuffed animals will actually be sent to someone who will love them and not just scrapped. Thanks (I'm young and stuffed animals still hold a very sentimental value to me).

helpthekitty helpthekitty
Nov '14

Try your local Police Department. Many times they are used at violent scenes where children are involved or present to calm them down. The Officer gives them a stuffed animal...

boobalaa boobalaa
Nov '14

Also try women's abuse shelters for the same reason boobalaa gave. They will keep them on hand for the kids who are being moved into them.

ladeevee ladeevee
Nov '14

Thread on where to donate to the local women's shelter:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/649477

Thread on where to donate to Toys For Tots:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/649617

I'll find out if they will take the gently used stuffed animals--- they are not accepted everywhere..........

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

yeah, 5catmom's statement is why I wasn't sure about those specific threads because stuffed animals are not always accepted based on their condition (even slightly used being unaccepted). Thank you everyone!

Nov '14

I know Warren Haven Nursing Home takes them, especially for the Alzheimers unit. My mother died clutching the ones she was partially to. I pick them up at yard sales for them. They also use them as prizes for Bingo. You could probably check with other nursing homes activities depts too.

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Thank you Dansker

Nov '14

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to donate gently used toys?

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Nov '14

I have some Beanie Babies to get rid of..wondering if Warren Haven or anyone could make use of them too?

Bessie Bessie
Nov '14

Warren Have are always looking for anything such as above. Especially baby dolls. They use them for the Alzheimers patients and as prizes for Bingo etc. If anyone needs to bring them up I am there twice a week I can bring them up for you. Just PM me.

They also like new sweat pants and shirts, mens and women. White socks for men and women also.

Christine Christine
Nov '14

If the stuffed animals are new, we are collecting for Toys for Tots inside HDI on Mountain Ave!

Sandy Sandy
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.