Power outages 11/26/14

Ruh roh - lights on and off in Panther valley...

Seeshark Seeshark
Nov '14

yup - as I was calling JCPL it came back - seems to be staying - for now

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Um....you predict the future?

Independence also.....

bowie bowie
Nov '14

About an hour ago we had our lights blinking on and off.

Christine Christine
Nov '14

I'm wondering if it's line bounce after a heavy load of snow falls off.

Wishful thinking?

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Nov '14

Turkey-trotting aliens for sure. Lock up your turkeys! But they can have the cranberry sauce.

No power on mt. Rascal rd. Independence.

happy guy happy guy
Nov '14

Petersburg down at 9:30 pm

valleymusiccenter
Nov '14

One of my cable boxes blew up from the outage/surge earlier tonight ... good thing they are rentals.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Nov '14

Around 2 am we were treated to a awesome light show as a transformer blew in the mountain in LV. Why we still don't have a generator...no idea. May be pulling out the grill to make the turkey later....

Blackcat Blackcat
Nov '14

Out since 10:00 p.m., Ridge Rd., Independence with no estimate of restoration of power per JCP&L. There are 163 homes in Independence that receive power from the same source and all are out. There is no estimate of restoral time because they have no report as yet from the crew assigned to this area of outage.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Nov '14

I am so sorry you are out. 2,000 homes in Warren, 7,200 in Sussex.

Hot spot is Mansfield with 890 out, Independence with 336, White 240, and everywhere else 20-100 with many areas at 50 out.

NO RESTORATION TIMES given yet. No excuse for that.

Nov '14

On and off all night and day here on Mt. Rascal.

Rascal on the Mnt Rascal on the Mnt
Nov '14

Yikes Mrs Pipes. I remember how hard hit Ridge Rd was after Hurricane Sandy. Do you have a generator?

Chickadee Chickadee
Nov '14

We are near Mattars no power and can't get generator going ugh winter hate it!

I can not see any restoration times and I can't see where any one is getting fixed in Warren County or Sussex County.

Criminal.

Nov '14

Chickadee, We bought a generator prior to Sandy, and I was then and am now ever so Thankful. It does not run everything, but it does run the essentials (refrig, well-pump and lights) and my husband has to get it going. Still, it's no fun having to have the gas can full and ready to go and then running to the gas station to refill as necessary. But, as I said, I am thankful. Of course 10" of snow had to be cleared by my good husband before we could get out of the driveway! We have That kind of driveway.

mistergoogle, I agree that it is inexcusable to not have an idea of restoration time. I called an hour ago and Still no idea and no report from the assigned crew as to what the problem is (at least that's what I understand from speaking to "somebody.") I'm fearing a couple of days. I was told if they have to replace a pole it takes 8 hours to set the pole and then time to do whatever else has to be done which is probably quite a bit.

In closing, Here's wishing all a truly Happy "Illuminated" Thanksgiving.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Nov '14

Sorry to hear this news, Mrs. Pipes. We are very fortunate, I guess, as our power has been good throughout this storm. If you need anything or a warm house to "hunker down" ...you have my phone number...You are welcome anytime...

joyful joyful
Nov '14

Restoration is beginning albeit slower than molasses:

Warren went up above 2,400, now at 1.800 although I don't see much improvement for area except a beginning in Mansfield. Sussex is down from 7,200 to 5,900 so they are doing something somewhere.

Still no ETRs which just stinks. How many people had to wrestle with, should we call it off, should we out to eat, and not a flippin clue as to how long it would be.

Nov '14

We're still out on the mountain in LV. I finished cooking dinner using a combination of my charcoal grill, propane camping stove and 2 chafing dishes with sternos. One of the best meals:) Fireplace is roaring and we'll hunker down in the living room for the evening. Have great night everyone!

Blackcat Blackcat
Nov '14

Back on at 5:45am. Thank you JCPL:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Nov '14

Yeah, Warren is down to 200 out, unfortunately 52 in Independence, 23 in Mansfield, 19 Hope, 18 Hackettstown, and about 13 in either Blairstown or Hope. Restoration is scheduled by noon today, Friday.

Meanwhile, 2,000 still out in Sussex with the same restoration.

Good news: JCP&L is providing free ice !!!!!!!

You can email Chris Christie and tell him your story; I think the lack of reporting for restoration times is criminal and they should be called on it. Maybe we need to begin training our Army Reserves to be able to help defend our power grid.

Nov '14

Is the Kenwood section of Hackettstown out?

JB0103 JB0103
Nov '14

I live in Kenwood (Laurie Terrace), and we are not out.

Mariann Mariann
Nov '14

Restorations times reset to 6pm for most areas.

Nov '14

Less than 5 out in Warren, 335 still in Sussex; if u be one of the one's in Warren, should be up by noon today.

Nov '14

Got home last night to a large branch stretching my electric wires to the almost snapping point. Called JCPL at 8 am. Nelson was here by 10 am. Good service experience for me. (Customer service rep let out a sigh when I didn't have my account #, but I killed her with kindness)

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.