Citgo Gas Station last night

Does anyone know what was going on at the Citgo Gas Station last night? We had dinner at the River Star diner & there was a steady line of cars out to the road both directions all evening. Even a fire truck showed up. Thought maybe something major was happening in the world that we missed. On the way home we checked all the other stations & they were empty. Just curious.

Nosy girl Nosy girl
Nov '14

Probably just people getting gas for cars and snowblowers in time for the snow. It's the cheapest gas in the area so I guess people don't mind waiting 20mins to save a dollar

Darwin Darwin
Nov '14

They were at $2.529 cash or credit. Most other places in the area might charge eight cents to a dime more for credit. People love to save a buck even if they have to waste a lot of time doing it...

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

There's been a steady line of cars at that Citgo for over a month. Lowest price for miles if you're going to use a credit card.

Yeah, I went by around 8:00 pm and it was crowded, but didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I'm sure it is the same reason that the stores are all busy...incoming storm plus people preparing to travel for the holiday. I would assume as others have stated, that they are also trying to save a few pennies which is why they chose the cheapest place.

Nosy girl - Raceway is the same if you pay cash. It tells you how many people just want to throw it on their credit card.

That's what we thought too, but Raceway was the same price & was empty, thought that was odd.

Nosy girl Nosy girl
Nov '14

Throwing it on your credit card saves you an additional 1-5% depending on your card and the current promotional categories, which could be as much as an extra $0.176 per gallon. Personally, I'm not going to waste a lot of time to save a dollar, but I'm not going to throw it away if it doesn't take any more of my time, either.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

Use your debit card at Citgo, since cash/credit cost is the same. Use debit at Raceway, you pay the credit price.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

Use your debit card at Raceway and call your bank two days from now wondering why your checking account is empty, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

lol! I was thinking the same thing ianimal. Definitely wouldn't use my debit card there.

I never had a probkem there. At BP yes. Wont use it there.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

Nosy girl.....Raceway was empty because they were out of regular gas.

Raceway never has regular gas, whats up with that ?

ianimal, happen to me there also the only place I used my card was at raceway with 13 hours 100's of dollars where spent in CA, I told the bank where I used my card they said nothing they can do except give me back my money, was great but how many other people lost a lot money, I went to H'town police they told me it was bank problem not these so much fraud will never go there again

Way back when gas was about $1.00 a gallon, I was on my way home and stopped at a Raceway as I was running out of gas. I only had $3.00 on me so I asked him to put in that. I figured my gas gauge didn't move since I only got 3 gallons. Well, I got about 10 miles away and ran out of gas. Learned two lessons that day - Always check the pump and don't go to Raceway (although it really wasn't Raceway's fault, just the thief working there).

They close because they were posting low prices on street sign but on the pump they were charging 10 c more than their posting prices . You think you saving some money because posting price but actually they were charging more on pump without your knowlage. After several complains weight of measures shut them off for a month. I knew it was something wrong with their prices ...

knight rider2
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.