Where to buy homemade deer/venison jerky

Anyone know where? :)

checkonetwo checkonetwo
Nov '14

Alpine Meats. Blairstown NJ 908-362-8568. I think they have the best. Yummy!!

auntiel auntiel
Nov '14

Unless something has changed or they have some kind of special permit it is illegal to sell venison in New Jersey I know some restaurants do but I believe the venison they sell are raised on out of state farms

oldred
Nov '14

Unfortunately Alpine isn't selling venison. They will process a deer if you bring it in but said they can't sell it to consumers due to a legal regulation. I asked just last week. I was very disappointed.

red76nj red76nj
Nov '14

I also believe it is illegal to sell deer mounts in New Jersey

oldred
Nov '14

If you want some just ask any hunting friends you have to shoot you a deer make sure the deer is legally tagged then take it to any deer processing place and have them make you up some I would recommend 57 West processing near the Warren County Fairgrounds

oldred
Nov '14

Ask around, somewhere there will be a hunter willing to make a sale

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Yes it is illegal to sell any part of a animal harvested through hunting due to concerns on public safety and potential poaching concerns. Game meat sold at restaurants usually comes from a usda certified provider to ensure proper handling and storage requirements are met.

I couldn't find jerky but you can buy all different cuts of venison, elk, boar, ostrich, alligator, duck, rattlesnack from this distributor in washington. You can then make your own in either the oven or dehydrator.

http://www.arcticfoods.com/

agf25 agf25
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.