80 west accident & 46 slow

Slow going on 80 west and 46. Police and ambulance activity.

tired tired
Nov '14

What's new...

Very slow - I felt a little nauseous when the traffic sign displayed severe traffic alert from exits 37-27. Took me an hour to get through those exits. The joys of commuting...

Rt 80 is one big disaster daily. I wonder if the Parsippany construction will be completed this century? Haven't seen anyone working for weeks now. Amazing.

LJRubi LJRubi
Nov '14

I saw people being loaded onto stretchers on 80 East near Exit 42 around 5:30. Continued west bound until I hit a major back up between Exit 28 and 27. It seemed like every single cop/ambulance/rescue truck was en route to a major incident. Finally got through, only to see four damaged vehicles, one upside down in the shoulder, completely demolished. The scene was awful. Hoping for the best, but not hopeful.

Every day is an adventure on that highway.

usually it ok between 4 and 5 pm

Brad2
Nov '14

Need bumper stickers that say I DRIVE I- 80 PRAY FOR ME

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Nov '14

Brad, where are you driving on 80 between 4-5 that it's OK? That's the worst!

Challah Challah
Nov '14

Totally agree Challah. I leave work at 4 and sit in traffic almost the whole way every single day. I remember about 2 years ago that rt15 exit used to cause all the backups westbound. Once you cleared that crap exit, you were smooth sailing. Now this year, the backups have seemed to flip flop a bit and you now crawl from rt15 out to exit 27. WTF?

LJRubi LJRubi
Nov '14

LJRubi, I saw them working there yesterday

JD4020 JD4020
Nov '14

There are many factors that cause traffic to backup west of exit 35 (rt15):
-this time of year around 3:30-4:30 is sun glare.
-idiot drivers who slow down to look at the person walking their dog in the truck rest area
-idiot drivers who can't get their nose out of their phones and pay attention
-idiot drivers who HAVE TO BE FIRST and will not let others merge
-idiot drivers who tailgate

The problem is idiot drivers! :-)

BlahBlahBouy
Nov '14

LOL Caged! Get me one of those bumper stickers too, please.

I think Brad must have been joking?

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

Nope..other than this week 4-5 is not that bad.. a little backup at construction ( I come from 280 reach there about 4:05-4:10) usually no issue till that bridge before exit 30..80 can be a bit slow but it usually moves

Brad2
Nov '14

BlahBlah, you forgot idiot drivers who sit in the left lane, but can NOT keep up with the car in front of them.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '14

And these cars usually have out of state plates. Can anyone guess the two states I'm talking about?

If you guessed PA and NY...you win!!!

Route 80 Observer
Nov '14

Route 80 Observer - Quick to blame out of staters. No, it's mostly Jersey drivers. I've lived in all three states. There are more reasonable people in PA. Particularly on LI they really are the Mario Andretti from LIE experience. NJ, now there are the people that can't control themselves. ;-)

I always end up behind an idiot from PA slowing everyone down in the left lane. There's plenty of idiot drivers from NJ too...

smilingbecs smilingbecs
Nov '14

Think the PA drivers riding the fast lane are so tired or forget what state they are in when they hit the straights of Mt Arlington they have no idea how fast they are going usually 65 in what an 75 or 80 mph lane.
lol

Do agree they are horrible.

There are no 75-80 mile an hour lanes on 80..we need more enforcement

Brad2
Nov '14

Hey!, I'm from PA (now.)

Having commuted on Rt. 80 from 1989 till a merciful retirement in 2014, I agree that there are a bunch of peckerwoods from PA who drive like a-holes so they can get back to the places they moved to when they came from NYC in the shortest possible time...not that we don't have our share of native peckerwoods who drive like a-holes and routinely get killed on the backroads. They seem to want to be rednecks or Dale Earnhardt.

I also agree that the NY drivers going to their vacation places in PA are almost complete garbage.

Then you have your NJ-holes, who usually live in northeast or central Jersey, the affluent areas of Morris County or in "gated communities."

I don't know what most of your experiences are, but when I lived in the H'town area and took exit #19, I could almost always tell if the person behind me lived in Panther Valley. As a rule (my rule) they rode my ass if I was doing 45mph.

Yeah, it was pretty much a rule....

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.