Emergency Question - Float switch for septic lift pump - Source?!

I'm in a jam - One of the float switches on my septic lift pump has failed. Need a replacement today if not sooner. No luck at Warco, nothing at lowes or home depot. Any pointers to plumbing supply houses or electrical supply houses that might have one?

The Bishop The Bishop
Nov '14

Try Parkhurst Distributing. in Ledgewood. I'll bet they have one.

973 584 6000

207 U.S. 46, Ledgewood, NJ 07852

Schulaka Plumbing has parts, might have this one.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Nov '14

If Parkhurst doesn't have it, run over to Kahant in Randolph while you're there.

You can try PJ's in Dover. They are always super nice and helpful whenever I am looking for something

http://www.pjs-supply.com/dover-nj-plumbing-repair-services.htm

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

try Lin Supply Route 31 Washington
689-3386

I found them at the Depot but the cost of the one I needed (~$85) verses the cost of replacing the pump (~$150) I just replaced the pump.

roywhite roywhite
Nov '14

You folks are *LIFE SAVERS*. Parkhurst had them. Great store, guy behind the counter helped me get the parts to fix it the *right* way, not how the float switches were originally installed, with zip ties.

Roy, the float switches were for my septic lift pump, not a sump pump.

It wasn't much fun pulling the pump out of the tank, but it was fix it myself or build an outhouse... No budget to pay a 'pro' to do it.

The Bishop The Bishop
Nov '14

What does a septic lift pump do? Never had a septic system.

Roywhite Roywhite
Nov '14

Re: Emergency Question - Float switch for septic lift pump - Source?!

Some of the newer septic systems aren't gravity fed. There's two tanks, the main processing/settling tank, and a secondary smaller pump tank, which operates similar to a sump pump except it handles a much larger volume of water (a couple hundred gallons, usually.)

Operationally it's similar to a traditional septic system on the front end. Household waste water enters the main tank, settles out, bacteria have their way on it, etc. The difference is when it leaves the main tank, instead of heading out to a leach field the traditional way, it passes through a different baffle to a pump station. When the water rises high enough, the pump activates and runs the water out to the drain pipes in the leach field.

The picture shows it better than I'm describing:

The Bishop The Bishop
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.