The Learning Experience in Mansfield

Looking into full-time daycare facilities for my infant in a few months. Found a lot of feedback in the forum on other daycare centers but nothing much on The Learning Experience in Mansfield. Does anyone have any feedback good/bad or neutral?

DoxieMommy DoxieMommy
Nov '14

Well, my experience with them is that when I inquired about daycare back in the spring, I never got a response. But I did get on their mailing list to receive constant annoying emails to open my own franchise. So I'd say that's a negative. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '14

I'm not sure your financials but I'm pretty sure they are pricey. I've found that if the centers refuse to quote prices on the phone or their Website and insist on you touring them first, then that usually equates to $$$. I speak from experience, having toured many a franchises, including the TLE in their Parsippany location when I was working in that area.

If not TLE, any other daycares in the HKT area that folks recommend?

Anyone bring their kids or know about Klassy Kids on 517?

FutureMommy
Nov '14

My husband and I use TLE for our 7 month old. She has been going there since June and we love it! As a recent transplant to the area, I looked at several options, and found that TLE was comparable pricewise (they even offer 10% off/month if you work for certain companies - not JUST Hackettstown based companies either) KinderCare in Mt. Olive was about $1200/month, but we pay under $1000/month b/c of the deal. Normal price for a child is between $1000 and $1100/monthly.

I think the infant teachers are great - I truly feel that my daughter is loved by the teachers and well taken care of. I've never actually worried about her when she is at school. They keep her busy and engaged all the time - they teach infant sign language and have a curriculum even for the infants, so we get little art projects sent home with her all the time.

The site is well run and secure. They are very involved in the community and with the parents. I really like this center. I would recommend you check them out and see for yourself. And I really can't sing the praises of the infant teachers enough - Ms. Yami and Ms. Christina are AMAZING!!! (all the teachers that have watched our daughter have been pretty awesome though!)

littlestonf littlestonf
Nov '14

Thank you for the awesome review and for letting us know about the 10% discount at TLE. I had heard that too and anything below $1,000/month is a great deal for daycare these days.

We are touring the facility in December, so I look forward to learning more and meeting the folks there.

FutureMommy
Nov '14

My nephew went to The Learning Experience from the time he was an Infant until he went to Kindergarten. I never heard a complaint about it from my sister, she loved it. My nephew loved it to. Every time I went to pick him up, he was happy, the staff was very friendly, and the facility was clean.

My niece has been attending TLE for a few months now and she's definitely grown a lot since she has started. Every month they work on sign language and many other activities and she's currently learning "More" as her monthly sign language, and she actually does it! Also, I have met many of the teachers there and they're all very nice. I definitely recommend TLE!

(My niece is 15 almost 16 months )

stephhh
Nov '14

I couldn't be any happier with the care my child received at Learning Experience. He attended from age 1 thru 5. The teaching curriculum is above average in my opinion as well as the care, never had a problem or issue. My requests were addressed promptly and accurately when it came to instructions, etc. My first born attended Bright Horizons, I wanted a similar structure and care for my second. I was happy with Learning Experience. Very clean, great teachers and fantastic educational structure from day 1. My child gained such a solid educational foundation above and beyond my expectations. Amazing pre-school teachers. Expensive, but worth every dime. My suggestion, visit any daycare center un-announced. Just show up and look around. Good luck.

Mammabear Mammabear
Nov '14

Following this thread as we may be looking soon also. Does anyone know if the Friendship Center takes infants? Also how's the infant program and teachers at Kiddie U? The prices there were pretty good.

Curious mom
Nov '14

I manage a child care center (not in town) and my best advice to any parent is go look at a few child care centers, meet the staff, ask about training requirements for the staff, curriculum followed (even for infants), daily communication, staff turn over rate, qualifications of the staff etc. Also, if they have an open door policy (that is very important)Then it is most important to go with your gut feeling. However, as I have said before, I have heard and seen good things regarding The Learning Experience .

This is wonderful feedback. Thank you all for your advice as well.

FutureMommy - please feel free to add to this thread after you visit. We plan to visit in Dec/Jan.

DoxieMommy DoxieMommy
Nov '14

Ok, same to you, DoxieMommy! :)

FutureMommy
Nov '14

They are the best, but cost about $1000 per month. You get what you pay for. They're great.

fussylady fussylady
Nov '14

I agree Doxie. I toured KinderCare and TLE recently and TLE is bar far the better choice and it's a bit cheaper.

smilingbecs smilingbecs
Mar '15

Does anybody know what's going on at kiddie u? Apparently they failed in some part of an inspection...

Htown746 Htown746
Mar '15

Kiddie U was doing something illegal with the state funded NORWESCAP program so I believe they are no longer allowed to take any NORWWSCAP students and all their current NORWESCAP students had to go elsewhere.

Hackett#1234 Hackett#1234
Jul '15

There are still many options well under $1000per month in the area. The Pumpkin Patch is under $700 all ages, Sunny Days and Liberty Learning Center is also well under $1000 per month.

Hackett#1234 Hackett#1234
Jul '15

Wow that's unfortunate! It's hard to find a trustable daycare center. I don't feel it should be so tough...

Htown746 Htown746
Jul '15

The teachers and management are unprofessional especially two in particular. I wouldn't trust a flea there.

Marcy
Jan '17

I've brought my son their since he was 8 weeks old and I love it! He's 16 months now. They have a great curriculum and I have watched my son grow and learn so much thanks to TLE. He knows sign language and really has flourished in their care. The teachers and aides are all amazing.
Is the price maybe higher than home daycares or small centers? Of course. But you get what you pay for. TLE is worth every penny in my opinion. I'd rather pay double the cost of some other centers and feel comfortable knowing there are standards and policies that must be adhered to. And knowing my son is happy and thriving.

Happy TLE Mom
Jan '17

Worth the $1000 per month . My child is on her 4th year there.AMAZING teaching happens there!!! :)

kerii
Feb '17

Checked out a few different places for our little one, including TLE. There were a few things that out us off, first and foremost being the "new" staff. Most teachers were there for two years or less. Very few were there for longer. Having friends in the daycare industry, they advised that continuous turnover may not be a good sign.

btownguy btownguy
Feb '17

I agree btownguy, when we picked our daycare a major part of the decision was based on staff turnover. After working in a few daycares early in my career, if the staff isn't happy or being treated well they have no loyalty and leave. Huge red flag in my opinion.

TappinIvories TappinIvories
Feb '17

I'm not sure about the Mansfield location, but we toured the Ledgewood/Roxbury location and weren't impressed at all, compared to where they attend. They also nickel and dime you for what most would consider "full time" care. They have a base price, and then charge extra for extended hours.

As with everything, daycare is a very personal decision. Parents need to be comfortable with leaving their child(ren) in the care of others for extended periods of time. What works for some might not work for others. The best thing to do is tour as many places as you can until you find the one that just clicks.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '17

My daughter has been going to TLE for a year and a half and I love it! Yes there has been turnover but I like the teachers she has. My least favorite thing is the fact that they charge for early morning care and evening care. Overall, I'm very happy with the daycare center.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Feb '17

there a day care center on newburghroad by Walgreen. its called AtoZ there phone is 908 684 3510.there not exspensive give them a call.

tammy herring tammy herring
Feb '17

I have been taking my daughters there for 5 years, my oldest learned so much and loved going... and when we had any issues that were handled well and with great care and concern for the children. when my younger one started, I knew she would be well cared for, every morning, I ask her if she's ready to go see "Bubbles" (That's the mascot) and she says yes and smiles. She's almost 2. She loves going. All the staff is great, we have never had a problem with the teachers or the administrative staff. They are warm and friendly. They even ask how my older one is doing and when she comes in with me, they talk to her and ask how school is going! We are moving and TLE will be a little out of my way, but I did not even think about moving my younger one, I will take the inconvenience for the knowledge that she is safe, happy, and loved.

I had to pull my child from there for an incident that was very poorly handled and it seemed as if they took it out on my kid. I wouldn't recommend them.

CMG That was vague. Please explain.

kerii
Feb '17

We LEARNED after a few weeks to take our daughter out and not use them anymore! Three times within a 6 day period she ended up with another child's belongings in her little back pack. Something simple but careless and no excuse

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Feb '17

Little rascal maybe your child put the stuff in there. So vague. How old? And why didn't you check your child's bag before leaving? Sour grapes or future helicopter mom!

kerii
Feb '17

My son went to KimderCare on Naughright road in Mount Olive and to TLE in Mansfield. This was 5-6 years ago now but TLE was cleaner, staff were friendlier, more knowledgeable, kept you up to date and the director at the time was very approachable and personable. My son STILL asks to go back there to visit!

I can tell you you don't want to go to the child care center on Newburgh Rd... They are dirty, negligent, and hard to communicate with. My son went there for aftercare ONLY and I pulled him out as soon as I could. He had a huge welt on his head when I went to pick him up one day... They never called, unlike another school/center would, to let me know he had a head injury. The aide couldn't give me a straight story about what happened... My son told me they NEVER put ice on his head. He was 6 at the time and I 100% believed him. It has changed ownership since then... Not sure if its any better... But I'd be very cautious with that one.

The Learning Experience in Mansfield is a fantastic School. There is nowhere within 100 miles that I think my child could have a better experience. It costs a lot and it is worth every penny.

kerii
Feb '17

SK, Why would you slam a new business? If the other daycare went out of business and new owners took over and revamped it to make a new start, it'seems not fair to compare the two. If the other place that you sent your child to no longer exists, then why even comment about it.? I have no experience with any of the facilities. I have no comments about any of their business practices or the quality of careach for any local daycares....I just think it's not cool to question a business they haven't utilized. Choosing a daycare is very personal. As long as the children are being taken care of properly, it is all good.

Laughalittle Laughalittle
Feb '17

kerii, do you work for The Learning Experience? Your repeated over the top recommendation of the place is a bit off putting, in my opinion.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '17

I was a Day Care Director for years and I always recommend the following:

Check there License, check for any violations. check if staff is First Aide, and CPR certified, Check credentials, does the head teacher have an early childhood degree, are all the staff receiving continuing education, What curriculum do they use, do they have an open door policy ( meaning you can come in at any time of the day and check your child) what is the longevity of the staff...

For infants, how often do they change infants, do they keep a daily log of when the child was feed and how much they ate, when did they nap and for how long..... what is their policy concerning sick children...If you work close by are you allowed to come and visit your infant child, or feed them. This may seem like a lot, but it is your child and their safety should be top priority...

city chick city chick
Feb '17

Well said city chick. I used to direct childcare too and I totally agree with your recommendations

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

kerii any good daycare makes sure that employee always assists the child in making sure the proper items are going home. You asked if we checked her backpack before we left the center. That makes it ok to find germ filled gloves, hats, snacks etc from other children in her pack? How old was she you ask? Give me a break now your redirecting the centers responsibility to a 3 year old child. Many families need good honest responsible daycare. Hope the Learning Experience is presently a quality program. Happy Valentines Day !!

Feb '17

We took our almost 3 year old to the Learning Experience and it was a terrible experience for her and us! She was put in the class where kids were 6-8 months older and the teachers plain out sucked! I went to pick her up and my daughter was sitting in her chair crying like crazy and no reassurance from the teachers. Also they did a bait and switch with the price, gave me and my wife a price and next day jacked up the price! What a waste of a thousand dollars and my daughter only went for like 5-6 days of the month. Asses didn't even offer us some refund. The place was very nice and had TV's and it was clean but so glad my daughter is not there anymore. I feel sorry for any kid going to those places! Oh by the way A to Z daycare is like a mini prison! I would not recommend that dump to anyone! Again this is my experience, so no need to bash me for my opinions!

Sergio Qureshi Sergio Qureshi
Feb '17

Teachers work very hard at these daycares. Pay sucks and they have to put up with you self entitle parents. Just because you pay $1000 or more a month, does not mean you have "nannies". I know parents who stay home from work and still send their kids to daycare. Here's an idea , stay home and save thousand and raise ur own kids. Wipe their noses and asses. And put up with their temper tantrums and nonsense. And then times that by 10 more kids I know a friend who puts up with this crap day in and day out. Don't know how? But she loves her co workers and the kids. So to hear some one say "there was a mitten of another child in her child's backpack" is freaking ridiculous. Their fed, changed, learning and loved So get over yourself. So for all you teachers (daycare/school)
THANK YOU! And God Bless you for putting up with these with moron parents!!!!!!!

Hackmom Hackmom
Feb '17

Well said Hack Mom! :)

kerii
Feb '17

+1000 hackmom.

A little off topic but I get SO mad when I see ads for babysitter or Nanny that reads, "Need someone to get kids up and ready for school. Fed, dressed and driven to school. Then pick up after and taken to ballet, karate, whatever.
Then take home, help with homework, feed dinner, bath and put to bed."
EXCUSE ME? You're not looking to hire a sitter, you're looking to hire a MOM!
If you didn't want to RAISE your own kids, DONT HAVE ANY!. Working 24/7 , then buying your kids STUFF or taking them to Disney 3 times a year, doesn't make up for you NOT RAISING them the rest of the time.
Just MY opinion!

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Feb '17

Hoping Hackmom is not working at daycare! If something does not go her way watch out kids! Temper tantrums and nonsense that you just displayed! Hope you are doing better and have a wonderful day free of defensive anger

Feb '17

Bothered- yes exactly. I know a coworker who posted that sort of ad for a nanny. Get them up, feed them, take to school. be there in afternoon for after school stuff and homework. And she has a travel job with 2 grade school kids. Husband works full time. Why did you bother having kids I want to ask? Someone else is their parent.

A good day
Feb '17

Kerii, a little...okay....a LOT of hyperbole there, huh? NO place within 100 miles of Hackettstown that as good as Learning Experience? NYC is less than 100 miles from Hackettstown. Philadelphia is less than 100 miles from Hackettstown. Stamford, Connecticut is less than 100 miles from Hackettstown. Scranton, Pa. is less than 100 miles from Hackettstown.

You like Learning Experience. We all get that. But let's not be silly.....

summerrain1 summerrain1
Feb '17

Here's to LittleRascal hoping you are raising your own child and keeping the child out of daycare and sparing the teachers of your stupid nonsense
You also have a wonderful day.

Hackmom Hackmom
Feb '17

Again anger Hackmom hope you are doing ok

Feb '17

Hello,

Would anyone have any feedback on how much it would be for a 2 year old only 3 days a week?

thank you!

Renee Renee
May '17

(908) 850 1222
https://thelearningexperience.com/our-centers/nj/hackettstown/mansfield

I'll bet these folks know! LOL

You would think that would be correct Greg but in my dealings with them it was like a time share marketing where they will not discuss pricing unless you come sit down with them.

The Tour takes about 10 minutes. You can see all the classes through the interior hall windows too. Very clean, well organized, and Safe. Our child started at 10 months. She had a visit for an hour too before we signed her up.
Loved it!
We still love TLE 4 years later.
Wish they taught Kindergarten too!

We love them too! And they do offer discounts if you work for a company that's on their list of businesses (and it's a good size list). Ask about it if you go on the tour. We got a great discount because of where my husband works.

Chrissy Chrissy
May '17

This is a helpful and unfortunately accurate website which gives you an inside look at daycare centers: http://www.daycaresdontcare.org/WorkersSay/DaycareWorkersSay_page_5.htm

If you must put your child in daycare, I would highly recommend an unannounced visit during meal time. It's the best time of day to see how the children are cared for-- if the food is served in a container (vs. placed directly on the table), if the area is clean, and how the teachers interact with the children at meal time.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.