Frutimex

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but Frutimex has hot food now! My family is very excited to have another takeout option besides pizza or chinese.

Every day they have a "meat, rice and beans" special for $6.50. They also have a full menu with things like burritos, enchiladas, tacos, etc. I haven't tried any of those things, but we've done the special three times now and have been pleased.

Fruitimex is a great store. Far better than QC for picking up odds and ends. Thanx for letting us know about the take out.

where is the store located?

chippster
Nov '14

It's right on Main St chippster, between Valentine and Grand,

I like FrutiMex, very convenient for me to walk to and nice selection.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Nov '14

Yes, they're the best! Used to love them when I lived right in town. Great for picking up odds and ends. And they have nice produce.

Frutimex is a good store. When I go into the place Deago the owner is there....when I go into quick check there IS no Mr Quickchek!

friend of todd friend of todd
Nov '14

Stick to Shop Rite ..... This place can sell fruit grown in human sewage .... Make soda in a bathtub - wash out a 2 liter bottle and stick a label to it ... Can food in an old dogfood plant ... Truck in refrigerated items in a Ryder truck .... Do you think the factories south of the border where they make this stuff you put in your mouth have to deal with the US Department of Agriculture ? ..... Third world grocery store and we embrace it because it's " different " . America is changing alright and it's not for the better .....

Man i'm old
Nov '14

Sorry man I'm old shoprite lets crap like that in to, read up on where 90 % of shrimp comes from and see how safe or appetizing it sounds.

Shoprite, Weis, A&P and all the others also have produce from the same places in Honduras, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and others. It's the same shipping terminals.

Man i'm old,

Sounds like you don't know much about the food system in the U.S. Read up! You'll be surprised.

And if you're really that ignorant, just skip Frutimex. The rest of us will enjoy :)

MB, I think Man i'm old's problem with Fruitmex is more than just the food system

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Nov '14

I have a feeling you're right, Clyde :)

I think so too. Too bad.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Man i'm old would get sued in he had the grapes to put his real name to those lies. Alas, only raisins.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Nov '14

Went there today for the first time and loved it. The produce was great, and I enjoyed perusing the aisles for variety sake. The staff was very welcoming, as were other consumers. If only cultures can see the benefits of learning from one another.

My husband got take out food a couple of weeks ago and it was very good
The people that work at this store are always very friendly. It is really nice to have a market in town.

Kate S. Kate S.
Nov '14

I needed powdered saffron for a recipe and could only get the very pricey saffron sprigs in the big boy markets. I saw a pretty senorita lady by the Goya section in ShopRite so decided to ask her where can I get powdered saffron ? She told me to try Fruit Mex and lo and behold I got one of those spice hanging bags with a large amount for I think $1.75 !

jerseycash5
Nov '14

I agree with you Clyde Potts 200%. It is a nice little store. I had bought vegetables there. Never got sick.

Bella76 Bella76
Nov '14

Man i'm old.... Don't turn this into a nasty post simply say I prefer Shop-Rite etc..you have no basis for your cruel comments. Why try to damage the business that employees a hard working team always friendly and helpful. There prices are fair and a great place to pop in for items! I have been stopping in this store since they opened with not a one disappointment to mention...So with this being said I hope readers listen to the positive comments!
Happy Thanksgiving....

I think Man I'm old is a lurker looking to incite. Not sure a real poster.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Nov '14

We tried the "meat, rice & beans" special and a chicken empanada today for the first time and we thought it was great! My pernil was especially tasty. Good portion and a really decent price. Great lunch option for us from time to time :)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

I wanted to make a green Posole today in my crockpot, I saw Weebiekins post yesterday and decided to run into Fruitmex to pick up Tomatillos, Avocado, and a Jalapeno pepper. First time in the store and it won't be my last, it was so nice not to have to run to Shop Rite or Weiss to get the things I needed and didn't cost me a small fortune.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '15

Oh Wee....the food is awesome....Alcapurrias...mmm

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Apr '15

I will definitely give them a try. How are their empanadas? I had the ones at Rico Pan and they were good but I thought could use a little more flavor.

I think every culture has a dish of dough and meat. In Canada, we make meat pies. It's basically ground beef cooked with onions and loads of salt and stuffed in a pie crust. We slather it in ketchup (as we do with most anything) and its delicious. I tried to make them for my husband but mine aren't as good as my mom's.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Apr '15

I enjoyed the empanada. It wasn't greasy at all. I thought the chicken had a mild, but nice seasoning to it. They are not the same style crust as Rico Pan

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

Diego and staff are wonderful. Go there all the time.

Teenie
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.