Sheldon Park

My wife and I just got back from Sheldon Park. The cleats have been removed from the rock wall and there is now a fence preventing the kids from using the large coil slide. Everything else seems intact. I looked for structural damage but couldn't find any. Has anyone heard anything?

The Sound Guy The Sound Guy
Oct '14

Heard anything about what?

lollipopz
Oct '14

Maybe it's closed for the season?

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

How about we start with where "Sheldon Park" is.

That was my question.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Oct '14

Why would you expect structural damage? Sooo many questions!

lollipopz
Oct '14

Re: Sheldon Park

I heard Sheldon moved from Monday back to Thursday nights but I think I found the reason they removed the cleats.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

River's Edge.... the Rock wall attached to the tall slide. Lol I wondered the same thing, that's how I can translate this conversation :)

seenit
Oct '14

we wondered the same thing - (the playground by the alumni game fields).

Its called Hoyt Park, Sheldon is the name of one of the fields located there.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Oct '14

Sheldon Field is located at Riverfront Park. Riverfront Park is dedicated to Nelson Hoyt.

River's Edge is the newer housing located across from River Star/Quickway/Scrub-A-Dub Car Wash.

I'm still not sure what the issue or question is! was there an accident or some kind of natural disaster there? why are we thinking there should be structural damage? and what's up with cleats?

lollipopz
Oct '14

River's Edge is a 1986 cult classic with Crispin Glover, Keanu Reeves and Ione Skye.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

lollipopz, it used to be a climbing wall and slide that was open to the public, apparently. Now they have removed the cleats (hand and foot holds) from the wall, making it impossible to climb and walled off the slide. The OP apparently wondered if it was due to a danger from structural damage, but he looked for evidence of some and found none.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Oh yeah, it's a quirky stoner special.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

oh got it thx ianimal. I was thinking cleats were shoes strung up on something

lollipopz
Oct '14

For all the Hackettstown lifers (not forum) they are talking about Sebers.

auntiel auntiel
Oct '14

Since we've figured out the right town, this would be a good time to point out the link to Hackettstown's Recreation Dept web page. It's got the phone number and email where the question should be directed:

http://www.hackettstown.net/recreation/

River's Edge, sounds like a Springsteen album. Oh, wait that was The River!

calico

rapmuzik rapmuzik
Oct '14

Pardon my ignorance, folks. My family and I are new to the area. I didn't see any markers for a name other than the "Sheldon Field" Sign attached to the backstop. I'll refer to it as Hoyt from now on. .......@ GC, thanks for the link. I will be certain to contact them. It was just a little rattling to see the large barricade and the cleats removed from the wall. My daughter and I frequent that park and that slide and wall are her favorite parts of that park. Seeing that made me worried there may be other damage to other parts as the playground as well. More importantly, I was really worried a child may have been badly hurt and was wondering if anyone heard anything. Sorry if I offended anyone incorrectly naming the park or if I wasn't more specific with what I was looking for.

The Sound Guy The Sound Guy
Oct '14

Probably removed for insurance reasons, just a guess.

kb2755 kb2755
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.