Shredding personal documents

Is there somewhere local that shreds personal documents? I have like a garbage bag full.

KimS
Oct '14

Staples

Thank you!

KimS
Oct '14

Make sure to go to the one in Mansfield as the one in Budd Lake is now a Halloween store, not that that's a bad thing!

Do the shred them in front of you? Or do they just take your bag and toss it in the dumpster?

sack
Oct '14

Throw em in the fireplace and light em up.

LJRubi LJRubi
Oct '14

Shredders are cheap. In the future buy one for yourself and then shred what you want when you want. My wife does this regularly and we just throw out the shreds.

Has anyone used the shredding service at Staples ? How expensive is it ?

Mariann Mariann
Feb '17

Pls don't burn. Give a hoot.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '17

I purchased small galvanized can from Hardware store...punched holes in the sides about 2" up from bottom.....I burn my old paperwork can has a lid I leave that allows for keeping sparks from spreading and creating another fire.

Shredding has become big business, there is a fellow over by T&B that does mobile shredding , you can go to him, but there is a $50.00 minimum charge .
I used him few years go to clean up my brothers estate paperwork.

Steven Steven
Feb '17

buy a shredder - and do it yourself as you go - not a big expense

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

4catmom, I have a lot. I have a bunch from my Mom as well as ours. We are cleaning out 40 years worth of stuff and getting ready to put our house on the market. Once we get everything caught up, then that will be an option. How much can you shred at one time with a shredder ? I read you have to keep giving them a rest so they don't burn out.

Mariann Mariann
Feb '17

Re: Shredding personal documents

Warren county has their paper shredding event in May, if you can wait. Arc shreds, but $10/banker box.

maja2 maja2
Feb '17

Ok...you need a shredding event....been there and done that....too much for a personal shredder

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

I applaud Steven's low cost ingenuity. Used to do same myself.

But now I choose not to pollute by burning trash. There are other ways as equally cheap.

Give a hoot, don't pollute.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '17

Hackettstown Rotary usually has a shredding event once or twice a year.

Sport
Feb '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.