State Department Plans to Bring Foreign Ebola Patients to US

Once again our administration shows it desire and ability to protect American citizens by its desire to ship foreign Ebola patients to our shores. What is next.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/28/state-department-plans-to-bring-foreign-ebola-pati/

Oh the horror of helping out.

You just don't get where the front of this war is do you?

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

It's a part of the new One World Government. Share everything, even disease.

Old Gent Old Gent
Oct '14

"You just don't get where the front of this war is do you?"

I know exactly where the front is... somewhere else. I would prefer it stayed that way.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Why don't you house a few of these Ebola patients mister googoo ? Listening to your bs will kill them quicker than Ebola.

jerseycash5
Oct '14

Part of Obamas plan!! Bankrupt us all and spread disease and misery!!! Thanks to all those who voted for this jack ass!!!!!

Me. Tone Me. Tone
Oct '14

And that's the point. If left unchecked, it will be here and it will be much worse.

And gent: to infectious disease, it is one world.

And to offer medical aid to those willing to fight the war seems to be low risk, high reward, if we want to win the war.

However, I think we are setting up facilities in-country specifically to treat aid workers. Hopefully that will suffice and all of this is moot.

Oct '14

And who do you think is going to pay for all this luxury care?

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Oct '14

OMG jerseycash! I almost choked to death reading your post! Crying! LMAO

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

"Why don't you house a few of these Ebola patients mister googoo ? Listening to your bs will kill them quicker than Ebola."

best post of the year goes to . . . . . . . . .

hahahahahahahahahaha ! spit my coffee when i read this . . . . . . .

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

oh my goodness - what world did I move to.........................no one told me to bring waders and shovels...............and btw did anyone listen to/read the link - we're talking health care providers - not the entire citizenry - as a way to encourage other countries to support efforts to shut down the disease -- oh my oh my

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

"And that's the point. If left unchecked, it will be here and it will be much worse.

And to offer aid to those willing to fight the war seems to be low risk, high reward, if we want to win the war. "

You feel the same way about the global spread of radicalized Islam, hmm?
(actually, I think you and I might HAVE reached some common ground on that one, if I remember correctly?)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Oct '14

This story, which has no basis in fact, was "leaked" by Representative Goodlatte (R-VA). for the sole purpose of boosting GOP candidates in the upcoming mid-term election as a "wedge" issue. Simply untrue but meant to stir up partisan feelings...seems to have worked

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Oct '14

Lol Jersey cash!

LV Mom
Oct '14

Info for what it's worth?
By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 28, 2014
The State Department has quietly made plans to bring Ebola-infected doctors and medical aides to the U.S. for treatment, according to an internal department document that argued the only way to get other countries to send medical teams to West Africa is to promise that the U.S. will be the world’s medical backstop.
Some countries “are implicitly or explicitly waiting for medevac assurances” before they will agree to send their own medical teams to join U.S. and U.N. aid workers on the ground, the State Department argues in the undated four-page memo, which was reviewed by The Washington Times.
“The United States needs to show leadership and act as we are asking others to act by admitting certain non-citizens into the country for medical treatment for Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) during the Ebola crisis,” says the four-page memo, which lists as its author Robert Sorenson, deputy director of the office of international health and biodefense.

Old Gent Old Gent
Oct '14

sounds like such a great idea no?

Don't you just love it when these God-fearing conservatives are actually put to the test to heal the sick they start crying about it oh what a Christian nation they pretend thay are

oldred
Oct '14

It was when the Congressman made it up.

Oct '14

This is my opinion only, I had real hopes that Obama would be a good president. I believe in his heart he try's to do the right thing, however, it seems in general, he speaks up on issues that don't rise to his level, issues that Sharpton usually gets involved with. And on large issues seems to be so misled and makes poor decisions.
Why bring Ebola patients here to be treated when facilities could easily be put up in Africa to treat patients. Health care workers that return to the U.S. of course should be treated here and contained for the recommended period whether they like it or not. It was their decision to go to Africa. Why is Obama listening to the C.D.C. or other high level health so called experts telling him this can be controlled when it has already been demonstrated that it cannot be controlled here. The returning Dr. that was supposed to quarantine himself, was out and about several places in NY..We don't need to risk exposure to us and what exposure there is should be very limited. If the Ebola virus starts to spread there will be little comfort in the experts saying they were wrong about containing this.
As I said in the beginning, Obama's choices have been a disaster and in this instance there will be no going back...

boobalaa boobalaa
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.