COME JOIN US.....

Date: Saturday November 1st

Time: 8:00pm--?

** If you are planning to attend send me a quick message**

What about people that are over 50 ?

what about over 60 ....lol

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

I have been strongly encouraged to open this up to ALL age groups lol!!!

so here you go.... ** COME ONE, COME ALL ** NO AGE RESTRICTIONS

JOIN US FOR SINGLES NIGHT AT THE TAPHOUSE GRILLE :)

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 1ST @ 8:00 pm

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE GOING

I thought you were going to organize a singles bingo event for the 50+ crowd?

M & K M & K
Oct '14

lets organize a 50 's single event!

letshavefun letshavefun
Oct '14

Nope, no upcoming bingo events lol! It seems the 50+ crowd are bit more lively than that :)

letshavefun, I believe the one I posted above would cover that group....unless of course you would prefer to hold one at a different location?

Am I the only one that got that joke? ALL CAPS FOR THE AGED?? Very funny. Sorry I'm married I will not be attending. Good luck and have fun :)

auntiel auntiel
Oct '14

I don't think it was a joke against the aged lol .....think it was just to grab everyone's attention :)

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

I'm glad to see this is finally going to happen. Have fun everyone!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

JRT- this location and time is perfect! Count me in.

letshavefun letshavefun
Oct '14

Sounds great will bring a few people

So how did this go? Any love connections?

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Mind your own business (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

LMAO, iphone. You tell her! ;▪]

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

Haha! Good one ian.

Usually there is feedback after a Hackettstown Life event (dinner, breakfast, lunch, happy hour etc.). I wonder why not here?

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

I am curious as to how this went because i have a single friend i would refer to the next event if it went well!
Please up date us!

Suburbia Suburbia
Nov '14

Oh, I can answer this one...

The reason why there was no feedback on the singles night is because unfortunately it never happened. I only received a handful of responses from people that were interested and only two that actually confirmed.

In addition,the friends that this was being planned for cancelled on me.

I guess everyone would prefer to stay single:)

That's too bad JRT. Sorry to hear it.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Thanks Calico!

We could always try again, I guess.

Yes. Or maybe we might try to just organize a regular happy hour and the singles can come to that as well as any other forum members. Draught House in Washington seems like it might be a good venue. Very roomy in the bar area.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

I was actually considering going to this but then decided I'm happier single.

I've already had 2 long time relationships, one for 14 years ended by drug overdose and the 2nd ended after 23 years by infidelity - not mine.

I'm very happy being single and will never get involved in another relationship.

MikeL MikeL
Nov '14

Calico, Sounds like a good idea... maybe the whole "Singles" thing scared people away? I know I personally would not attend a singles event, but that's just me. I have no problem though helping others look for love :)

Mike L, I'm sorry. You have had long term relationships that didn't end so well. I understand why you would shy away from it in the future, but never say never!!

I am certainly no expert in this field....(which is probably why I'm single lol!), but you just never know when the right one may come along :) I do agree with you though being single is a lot easier and makes life a lot less complicated !!

MikeL - Sorry to hear of your situation. I agree with JRT though, you never know.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Mike L, JRT you NEVER know in life
I was divorced 12 years and Quite happy Single.
THEN it happened out of Nowhere!!!!!! In Connecticut no less with an Aussie!! Married in 2009 She changed me life for the positive!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Nov '14

Used to go this this place back in the Single Days!!!

SINGLES NIGHT OUT
Saturday, November 29, 9 pm
RHYTHMS OF THE NIGHT
Manville
Join us for a fun night of dancing, music, mingling & more. Featuring HEARTBREAKER,a modern & classic rock band.
$10* discounted ticket includes admission to the club and a FREE drink.
Open to all ages.
Parking is complimentary.
Tickets may be purchased online until 8 pm on 11/29, based on availability.
CLICK HERE to register for November 29

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Nov '14

Hey Mr. Negative, I'm supposed to be the one playing "matchmaker" here lol!

I agree, love can catch you by surprise when you least expect it :) I'm glad your story had a happy ending!

The grocery store is a great place to meet someone. As you are shopping and see someone you like accidently crash your cart into thiers. First make sure there aren't any pampers or baby food in the cart.

jerseycash5
Nov '14

That's funny jc5 :) I have heard people say that about meeting someone in a grocery store. I'm not so sure I believe it though....because the truth is there just doesn't seem to be a lot of ways to start a conversation while passing someone in the meat dept. at Shoprite lol!

oh, and I should add that crashing into their cart might just put you in the "crazy" category :)

The only men I normally see in Shoprite alone to crash into are usually over 70- LOL

When I'm in ShopRite I rarely use a cart and am usually in & out so there's little chance someone will have enough time to see me, much less crash their cart into mine anyway:-( I usually know exactly what I and the furry one want, unless I'm pondering over the Gluten-Free frozen selection...

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '14

I don't normally go to Shoprite on Friday nights, but last night was the exception. I was surprised to see that there were a lot of couples shopping together. I mean more than a few, almost every person was part of a pair.

Speaking about pondering...I think they were doing a little too much of that over EVERY item lol! When I go I just want to get it over with. I don't think I would want to discuss every purchase that was being made before throwing it in the cart. It's fine if you enjoy each other so much that you want to take part in every activity together:) Please just figure out the details regarding Sunday dinner BEFORE you get to the store lol!

LOL JRT, I always shop alone. Whether it's for shoes, clothes, food etc. I want to get in and out. I don't even like the GF shopping trip ICK! The only time I take my husband with me is if there is heavy lifting involved. ;-) Even then, sometimes tell him what I want and send him on his own.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Shopping is one of my favorite things to do..especially to the outlets or clothes shopping... whether by myself or with my girlfriends. All except for food shopping. I prefer to do that by myself. Hubby usually does sit up front in the food store, however, when I am doing a big grocery shopping to help me carry the groceries out to the car and into the house. I have noticed anymore that not only on Friday nights but whatever day I decide to grocery shop more and more husbands are there with their wives offering their advice.

joyful joyful
Nov '14

Same here Calico :) I guess the way I see it (as far as the food shopping goes) it really just seems to be a "one man job" no need for extra manpower lol! No problem if the men WANT the task of doing the weekly shopping ...I would gladly hand over the reins:) If not, then I would prefer to just to go solo and get done a lot faster!

I think a lot of men would feel the same if the women were tagging along on their trip to Home Depot. Kind of doubt they want her picking up everything, asking what it does, telling him all of the things she "wishes" they had in their home, etc... probably drives them nuts lol!

I'M READY TO RUMBLE

tangerine tangerine
Nov '14

Haha I've heard about meeting people at the grocery store too...but hasn't happened to me! I always wonder where people meet each other. The obvious place is a bar but I don't drink and don't want someone that hangs out in bars. I'm pretty close to just giving up and getting more dogs! Lol

JB0103 JB0103
Nov '14

It's never happened to me either JB lol !!!

Missrx Missrx
Nov '14

Missrx - haha maybe I should start getting dressed up when I go grocery shopping!! lol

JB0103 JB0103
Nov '14

JB103, Yeah definitely go with the dogs..... just kidding :)

I have heard that you are supposed to dress your best when you go grocery shopping (If you are looking for a mate) I guess that way you will stand out in the crowd since the rest of us are usually wearing sweats and a ponytail lol!

Hey since everyone keeps hearing the grocery store is where to find love, maybe we could have our next singles event there lol!

I always get lost in the supermarket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsrEAWcAvRg

Melvin Belli Melvin Belli
Nov '14

'The only men I normally see in Shoprite alone to crash into are usually over 70- LOL'

What are you laughing at? How old are you?

And these 40's and 50's singles dating things should limit the females to hot nubile Slim 18-22 year olds because no man wants to waste his time with some menopausal female with kids or divorced losers. A man would have to be insane or so desperate to even talk to some over the hill flabby female when he can get the best.

Melvin Belli Melvin Belli
Nov '14

Is that supposed to be a joke or serious ??

Missrx Missrx
Nov '14

Melvin, how old are you?

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Nov '14

Why would a slim hot young girl want some old guy ...especially one as disrespectful as Melvin ???!!

Missrx Missrx
Nov '14

+1000 Missrx an older one wouldn't want them either

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

You're right Missrx :)

I'm not sure which part is funnier.... the part where he WANTS an 18-22 yr. old or the part where he actually thinks he could GET an 18-22 yr. old lol!

Oh yeah, and even if you happen to convince one to stick around, I guarantee she is not with you because you're handsome, romantic, and good in bed..... SHE WANTS YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.