Fog in between window panes

Hey gang,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Does anyone have an idea who, in town, can remove the fog/replace the glass of an Anderson double pane window that has fog trapped between the panes? I have 2 windows like this and they look terrible. The windows are about 25 years old. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

PaneInTheA$$
Oct '14

Sunrise Windows. Not in town, but nearby in Washington. (908) 689-8666

The seal is broken, therefore the windows are shot! Time for replacement.

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Oct '14

Has anyone used warren county glass over on Washington st? If yes how did it go?

A good day
Oct '14

you can go down to Warren County Glass across from the middle school and talk to Joe, they can replace just the glass and not the whole window. I use them for clients all the time! save money by not replacing the whole window!

TheHealthyHandyman TheHealthyHandyman
Oct '14

This happened to us about 5 yrs after we bought our house. Apparently they a recall and guarantee and they replaced them for free. Have you checked with Anderson? We had threatened to go to another company.

Christine Christine
Oct '14

First find out if Anderson has any warranty coverage. Anderson had quality control problems in the late 80s/early 90s; your 25 year old windows seems to be from this period. You may be lucky and get it repaired/replaced for free. Just a FYI, if they do cover it, they will not cover the repaired/replaced window again should it fail in the future.

So..., call their customer service and see where it goes...

I have used Warren County Glass but cheaper if you can pull the window, bring it in and have them replace it in the shop. I had to bring the window in first for measurement, then they ordered, then I brought it in for replacement.

Easier to do in warmer weather.........

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

Thanks, everyone!

PaneInTheA$$
Oct '14

some years ago I wasted money replacing the glass in several sliders - it solved the clouding - but since there were old, they were drafty and cold. I later replaced all with new Andersons with low E - huge difference and sorry I had spent the money previously....just my experience

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

I think you can also replace the glass with low e if you think the frames are weather tight.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

Sorry to say, but once the seal is broken, the gasses that are in between the panes have been oxygenized and are permanently compromised and ruined. I'd you need a good source for new windows, I'm happy to help. I'm a local Interior Designer and do renovations as part of my job. Happy to refer you as a courtesey.

Julie Henry Julie Henry
Oct '14

I have used Warren County glass recently for one window. Removed window myself and brought to shop. Had it done in the summer, took about a week to repair. They did a great job, very pleased! Cost about $150.

Puden15 Puden15
Oct '14

Another vote for Warren County Glass right in town. They replaced all the windows in our old townhouse and did a great job.

ladeevee ladeevee
Oct '14

If your windows are 25 years old, unless you're broke, it's probably time to replace them (unless, as some suggested, they are covered by some kind of warranty). When you calculate the cost of proper repairs versus the cost of new windows and installation, the improvement in efficiency, the improvement in the value of your home, etc., you'll likely find that you're better off replacing them. It depends a lot on their overall condition, quality of the original windows, design of your home, etc., but it's definitely worth looking into it.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.