10/24/14 Accident on Waterloo Road

I was driving near Saxton Falls at about 5 P.M. and there was a power and light pole sheared in half along side the road. No wrecked vehicles in the area. There was a cleanup taking place around the damaged transformers from the pole.

from
Oct '14

I saw this too, but also noticed a bunch of cut branches on the other side of the street, and that the pole snapped about 3/4 of the way up. My educated guess would be a tree came down

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

When the tree or pole came down so did some wires ...the car in front of us caught one of those wires under their hood and the hood flew up and cracked the window. When we saw what had happened...my husband...being a good samaritan and retired police officer...went to direct traffic until the emergency vehicles and police could arrive at the scene. Another retired police officer was helping him as well. He was directing traffic when a huge truck came through the area too fast causing something to fall from the tree over my husband's head and he wound up with a cut on his head and thrown into the road landing on his wrist. Ambulance on the scene checked him out but also suggested we go to the ER which we did and happy to say he is now OK... Last report was a new pole was needed in that area and people should have their power back by 9 this evening. Right now I almost wish we had just kept on going when we came upon this accident this afternoon but in my heart I am also proud of my husband as he has always been a caring person who will help anyone with a problem whenever he is able to do so.

joyful joyful
Oct '14

WOW Joyful so glad Duke is ok. What an event.

Christine Christine
Oct '14

Me too, Christine...As you know we have had quite a week!

joyful joyful
Oct '14

Joyful, I'm thankful to have people like you and the Duke in our community and happy to hear all is well!

Chickadee Chickadee
Oct '14

I'm so sorry he was injured especially for doing a good thing. Hopefully his wrist and cut will mend well and quickly. Try to have a good weekend :-)

Duke, you're great!

Snoopy Snoopy
Oct '14

If it makes anyone feel any better, his wrist tonight seemed to be bending at the elbow while holding a glass quite effortlessly. Cake + fork no problem. No ill effects that I could see. ;-)

But I sure am glad the EMT's checked him out and he had a clean bill of health at the ER. The Duke will outlive us all...

"But I sure am glad the EMT's checked him out and he had a clean bill of health at the ER. The Duke will outlive us all"...

I sure hope you are right, GC...they don't make them like The Duke anymore and I am the lucky lady who has him for my husband..

joyful joyful
Oct '14

I'm thankful that all is well with The Duke, and I thank him for being a caring Good Guy!

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Oct '14

Love The Duke! I'm glad he'll be, okay. He is a good guy for sure. Joyful, how are you doing?

Glad he is ok Joyful

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Oct '14

joyful, You are right...they definitely don't make them like they used to lol!!

Glad to hear he is ok and on the mend:)

Maja....you have mail...

joyful joyful
Oct '14

Glad to hear Duke is on the mend and it was nothing too serious that some TLC couldn't take care of. Hope to see you both soon :)

Bessie Bessie
Oct '14

praying for duke

skippy skippy
Oct '14

thanking the Duke for stepping up - sorry he got bopped in the process...........

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

I was through there between 7:30 & 8 and the JCP&L crew had things well under control with "flagmen" signs and two flagmen with flashing "slow/stop" signs. The workscene was lit up very well, while oncoming traffic wasn't blinded the way it was by the police and fire trucks the week before on Schooley's Mt. Rd. in the early AM.

I'm really glad The Duke is OK. What he did took a lot of guts and bravery.

It's just a shame that even on that long straight portion some of the people driving the larger trucks don't think about the fact that their vehicle is a bit large for that road to begin with, never mind the fact that they should have seen there was something going on that they should have slowed down for with all the vehicle lights gathered in one place.

I hope The Duke has no aftereffects from getting hurt!

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '14

Despite a very sore wrist...The Duke is just fine. Thanks to you all for your concern... I completely agree, Phil, that a lot of motorists are oblivious as to how they should react when they come upon a accident or situation where it is obvious ahead of them on the road there is a problem.

joyful joyful
Oct '14

Does anyone know of an earlier accident on the Waterloo Valley Road? Around 3 pm near the rock climbing area. There were 3+ fire trucks, 4 ambulances, lots of police.

4of4
Oct '14

joyful - No good deed goes unpunished. Glad to hear that he is ok.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

rock climbing area?

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

Darrin

4of4 apparently means Waterloo Rd. rather than Waterloo Valley Rd. The climbing area is on the Northerly side by the gated north entrance to Waterloo Village where it's more tightly curved

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '14

Sorry, yes. Thanks for the correction.

4of4
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.