Epoxy floor covering for garage or basement

Has anyone ever tried this? Thinking of this for a basement area........any recommendations?

I've done my garage. Prep, prep, prep, and prep some more. When you're all done prepping, prep one more time. Critical to making it stick and last. Don't skimp on the paint, you need a good coat. Thin doesn't cut it. I like it in a garage, not sure for a basement. Depends on what you're going to do with the basement, but if you are eventually going to finish it off, then skip it and go straight to commercial carpet.

thanks for the input - what brand did you use?

I you can get it and I heard it's good but pricey try Con-Lux paint/coatings....I think they're in Edison NJ.

Havent done my garage yet but when I do this is my choice. http://www.ucoatit.com/

sack
Oct '14

Yep, prep prep prep, and don't put it on thin. GC is right. I've done two garages with rust oleum. They came out great. Allow one day for prep, one day to dry, and one day to apply. ,and now that it's getting colder, watch the temp. Needs to be 55 or warmer or it won't adhere right. You have to get rid of grease spots, old paint, gum, etc, wash it down, and then etch for a fresh surface. Read the directions, twice. Let it dry very well. Good luck.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

Go to the Benjamin Moore store in town and ask about a two part epoxy kit. I used to work form BM and my floor is smooth as glass had toss in sand during application to give it something so not to slip

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Oct '14

My husband did this in the garage, several friends have too. It looks great.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Can anyone kindly recommend a firm/business who can do this Epoxy job for a residential garage floor?
- Many thanks in advance
(Due to this/upcoming weather/season...and I still have a bunch of things to do/prep up with the Garage at first...I'm looking to make the calls first thing in the Spring) - Thx & Rgds

JRN - Mine is Rustoleum.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.