Copier/fax repair

our office copier/fax suddenly started printing big black bars across the page. Are there any repair shopes/people in town that make office calls? its a HP laser jet 300pro.

stressed out stressed out
Oct '14

It's a couple of years old. You can almost certainly buy a refurbished one online for less than it would cost someone to come out and fix your current one (and you might actually get it in less time). Overall, you'd probably be better off getting a newer model, though that would mean a little bit more time and effort to set it up.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '14

The place I know that does it is in East Hanover, (800) 845-2200. But as noted, don't expect it to be cheap. As an alternative I would suggest going to the HP website, and using their on-line support forums. They have employees who will walk you through various tests, and diagnose issues based on what the page looks like.

Did you just change the cartridge? One of the first things I would do is just try another black cartridge. A vertical vs horizontal line makes a big difference. Vertical, particularly a very thin on could be a scratched drum which would go away with a new cartridge. Horizontal is more likely to be an electrical issue and maybe a short inside. That won't be easy to fix like the cartridge would be. If it's not a straight line and more like smudged, you may need just a quick cleaning or there may be a toner overflow bottle that needs to be emptied.

you have mail stressed out.

Christine Christine
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.