Oct '14

Ebola!!!

Darwin Darwin
Oct '14

hazmat is there too

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

Posted this right before this thread.

Just called to check if my prscrip was ready. Lady said it wasnt and couldnt give me a time cause they are on lock down. I asked what she ment and said no 1 is allowed in or out. 520pm friday 17th.
Checked wcpublicsafety.com and it mentions sick person at rite aide. Dont know what type of sickness would prompt a lockdown like this. 78rescue and ambulance on scene.
Ambulance just loaded people at 555pm and left

lmao people-- but hope the sick person gets well

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Sick person at a pharmacy that sounds weird!

Is hazmat really there?

townie1 townie1
Oct '14

Re: Rite-Aid - On

And so it begins............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Bug-out bag sale at Walmart.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

Yes, I saw the WC Hazmat truck in the parking lot. At least 3 police cars (one blocking the entrance) and an ambulance.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

That's scary!!

townie1 townie1
Oct '14

Dh how many people were loaded

townie1 townie1
Oct '14

Yes, the Warren County Hazmat unit pulled in when I was at the red light. 2 individuals (not in hazmat suits) got out and went into Rite Aid.

"Bug-out bag sale at Walmart."

You joke, but apparantly they sell a good one...

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/72654-bob-range-pack/?fromsearch=1

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

That's a good deal Mark. I think I'll pick this up as well.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-9-Can-Real-Tree-Soft-Cooler-with-Liner/26531637?veh=dsn&wmlspartner=criteo&sourceid=cricpa123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Careful, don't want to make the beer to hard to find.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

I don't want anyone else to find it. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Store open and no police or hazmat veichles - clerk said everything is safe at rite aid now and doesn't know anymore information regarding what happened.

Can't wait to hear what kind of stories come out of this one....

Why do some of you have to turn everything into a big joke ? I for one like to know what is going on around town !! Isn't that what this forum is for ?

Worksforaliving Worksforaliving
Oct '14

get on it, people............waiting with baited breath

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

I agree with Worksforaliving I would like to know it there is something going around in our town also, and not to make lite of it

Wonder if nj.com has sniffed this one out yet?

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

It's not entirely crazy in my father's last days hired a local company that provides live-in home health aids & was told their entire live-in staff was recruited from Liberia which is ground central for this virus...

I agree worksforaliving!!!!!

Summer Summer
Oct '14

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

Thank you, US Media, for whipping people into a frenzy of panic and over-reaction.

JerryG JerryG
Oct '14

Honest misunderstanding. Customer said they had just returned from library.

hector
Oct '14

Hey Liberals....if it is such a 'joke' and 'not possible' to happen right here in our own town....why did the cops and emergency people respond to it the way they did???

It is our 'gov't inciting this panic for 'politcal' reasons!!

YOUR ''social justice'''is the demise of the USA! You wont see it until it bites you in your @$$!.... when YOUR family is at risk!!

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

How does someone else making a joke about a situation change the way YOU view it? Feel free to worry, panic, and be as concerned as you wish about what happened at Rite Aid, nobody is stopping you....

It's a good mid range pack, but for a real apocalypse you don't want to go cheap; you'll want 5.11 quality. I mean if you're really preparing for the big one, you don't want your bug-out bag to bug-out. After all, where are you going to find a replacement?

What really amazes me is, in my day, we bought this stuff to enjoy the outdoors; we got bright colors to be stylish. You are buying it to survive and the marketers are stoking your fires with advertisements full of spin, buzz words, kaki and camo. Keep licking it up and be sure to get the camo; don't want to be seen after the big one. I know I am. Matter of fact, I just picked up my special night suit for those post apocalypto evenings.

Oct '14

Just remember, Anything can happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere. No one is immuned to anything.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Oct '14

https://www.facebook.com/hackettstownpd?hc_location=timeline

Press Release(10/18/14): Rite Aid Incident

On 10/17/14 at approx. 4:50PM the Hackettstown Police and the Hackettstown Rescue Squad responded to the Rite Aid (203 Mountain Ave) in reference to an ill male (customer) that was possibly showing the signs on Ebola. When officers arrived on the scene, the area was closed off and the individuals inside the store were advised they had to stay. Members of the Warren County Health Department arrived on scene and the male was then thoroughly questioned. The male was then checked by the Hackettstown Rescue Squad and it was determined that he didn’t have Ebola. The male refused any further medical assistance. The store was reopened approximately an hour later. Also assisting at the scene was the Warren County HazMat.

LV Mom
Oct '14

I guess the guy was black? If so, LOL to Hackettstown...

"in reference to an ill male (customer) that was possibly showing the signs on Ebola"

And it has begun. Everyone with a fever and a cough now might have Ebola. Just wait until Flu season kicks in and watch the craziness really kick in.

darwin darwin
Oct '14

"It's a good mid range pack, but for a real apocalypse you don't want to go cheap; you'll want 5.11 quality. "

Haha, MG, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you've never even *heard* of 5.11 until I posted that link.

As far as camo formal wear, I guess earth tones are just "in" now. Are you going to be the one to tell a lady she doesn't look nice in her dress?

Maybe some people just like to have fun or have a sense of humor that's *not* always at the expense of others.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

There is a guy I know in my town that is all camo all the time. I've never seen him wear anything else. I've also seen him walking around in a ghille suit. Consequently, he also thinks that the red light on his cable box is the government watching him. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

According to the HPD...

"The Hackettstown Rescue Squad determined that the patient did not have Ebola."

Did they bring in their portable laboratory, draw blood, and run the specific tests the CDC recommends to diagnose or rule out Ebola? Give me a break! Blatant over-reaction!

Seriously, is there really a need for this kind of over-reaction and panic on the part of the pharmacy staff and our public safety officials when someone presents with what were most likely flu symptoms? Thank you, US Media, for whipping people into a frenzy.

JerryG JerryG
Oct '14

"Seriously, is there really a need for this kind of over-reaction and panic on the part of the pharmacy staff and our public safety officials when someone presents with what were most likely flu symptoms?"

Tell that to the 800 people on the cruise ship (going back to Houston), or those who were on the same flight to Cleveland and back with nurses that show signs of Ebola.

How many people did that nurse come into contact with in Cleveland, and who have *those* people come into contact with since?

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/10/ebola_update_officials_wont_sh.html

So far, in a matter of days, Ebola has potentially been spread to several states. They also shipped the initial patients to Atlanta and Maryland. Who's to say they won't have the same breaches that Dallas had?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

We are in good company. Everyone is up tight

ews.yahoo.com/ebola-scare-pentagon-woman-vomits-parking-lot-164421636.html

Old Gent Old Gent
Oct '14

I just coughed at Walmart. Hazmat didnt show up.

Oct '14

"I just coughed at Walmart. Hazmat didnt show up."

Go take a White House tour and sneeze/sniffle while you're there...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

Hey, they showed up at Riteaid!

Oct '14

Remember when one had a cold or felt a little sick and went to a pharmacy to get something to feel better? Those were the days lol

Yes Ebola is a serious matter. But just as serious as Ebola is, it is very laughable that someone in a PHARMACY (which is where you go to buy something to make you feel better) who feels a little sick is subjected to mass hysteria.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Oct '14

According to the HPD...

"The Hackettstown Rescue Squad determined that the patient did not have Ebola."

that's stellar

skippy skippy
Oct '14

How stellar is it?

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Oct '14

Mark Mc.:

If you're going to buy into the hysteria being created by the media and hit the panic button (like they did at Rite-Aid) every time someone sniffles or sneezes, then you might as well go out right now and wrap your home in plastic and seal all the cracks with duct tape.

Come on, one lab tech who processed blood samples is on a ship, and the people panic? Really?????? What do people think lab techs do, smear the blood samples all over their bodies? Blood samples in a lab are processed under controlled conditions and are almost fully automated. You're more likely to have contracted a disease standing in the Rite-Aid parking lot than you would be in that lab under strict control.

JerryG JerryG
Oct '14

I'm not buying into the "panic". I didn't call the hazmat at Rite-Aid or the Pentagon. My comment about the White House was to point out the inconsistency of the government telling everyone to remain calm, but sending out hazmat for a single sick woman when it happens in their back yard.

That being said, thinking "it could never happen here" is a bit naiive for a virus that can be transmitted through a handshake (sweat contact) and managed to escape the quarantine unit of a major hospital (twice) on the very first victim treated.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

I'm not buying into the 'panic' either... but it does make you think when you 're at the front door of your pharmacy and can't get in because they've just quarantined the whole place that our lives here in the United States are starting to look more like a 3rd World Country!

There used to be a time when we knew we were safe because we WERE a nation of laws and that MOST people followed them! Unbelievable to me how the 'illegals and the lawless' rule now due to the CHAOS our leaders have wrought and normal citizens are at their mercy. Only a matter of time before 'anarchy' reigns and the **sheeple** are begging for our gov't Elitists to SAVE them!...... Their plan EXACTLY!

This is ALL by design! People need to WAKE UP and DEFEND our NATION...our REPUBLIC!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DioQooFIcgE

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

omg sha44ss - you are scary

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

5cat mom You are oblivious.

jerseycash5
Oct '14

+ 1000 sha44ss & jerseycash5

outsider outsider
Oct '14

It made the paper.. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2014/10/hackettstown_rite_aid_shut_dow.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Brad2
Oct '14

Would be nice if someone explained exactly why ebola was suspected in the first place.

LV Mom
Oct '14

Yes, I am curious about this as well LV Mom. It seems like symptoms such as fever, sneezing, cough, and vomiting could cover a wide range of viruses.

@lvmom&jrt - The 'man' was sick, had fever, vomited ( the need for hazmat) in Rite Aide > had recently come 'back'/from? from a West African country...that was what I heard....cant totally confirm but that is the rumor. Q:>>How did they know so quick the man didn't have Ebola?

Something else really bothering me: actually makes me sick!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/10/17/General-U-S-Troops-That-Contract-Ebola-Will-Be-Quarantine-in-Liberia

Here is a sampling of the comments from above breitbart post:

Skeptic62 • 7 hours ago
Obama is considering bringing the world's Ebola victims to the US for treatment, but will have our troops languish in the jungle and hope they get better.

Just say'n.
74 • Reply•Share ›

Conservatarian Skeptic62 • 7 hours ago

3rd world people get 1st world treatment, 1st world people get 3rd world treatment. It's redistribution of health.

73 • Reply•Share ›
CIMR Skeptic62 • 5 hours ago
Most of our troops don't vote democrat, and that's the only thing this monster cares about.
54 • Reply•Share ›

JoseyWales CIMR • 3 hours ago
When Eboma was "elected" the first time,
remember he said; "I will repay my friends and punish my enemies".
He has Always considered the Uniformed the Enemy. (as well as the 'INformed' ;-)

7 • Reply•Share ›
Jack Apple • 4 hours ago
Can't you see what is going on here ? The military, the most hated group by our President, is not only going into the teeth of germ action, by golly, when they get sick with Ebola, they get to stay in Liberia, while the West Africans can come here (with no travel ban) to the US and get treated in the best hospitals in the world at taxpayers expense. Try that on for size !!!

2 • Reply•Share ›
Observer98 • 7 hours ago
West Africans and western aid workers can fly here for treatment, but our military stays in West Africa? Disgusting.

How any person that is 'fairly' intelligent can't see Obama for who he truly is beyond my comprehension!

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

The fact that the pharmacy took precaution to check on something is a good thing, better be safe then sorry. Maybe sending everyone was an overreaction but atleast they checked into it. As of the specifics as to what was wrong with this guy and why they thought Ebola doesn't matter, someone's personal symptoms for whatever illness they have really isn't anyone's business, let the man be sick and get whatever medical attention he needs. Im sure people on this thread wouldn't appreciate it if their bodily fluids were being discussed. The pharmacy and everyone involved did their job and now its done and over with. There really is nothing to fear locally right now, or they would actually tell you.

Kay1011 Kay1011
Oct '14

First of all sha44ss all you need to know is where the story is coming from breitbart that should tell you this story is most likely not true

oldred
Oct '14

amazing how fear has brought all the crazy to the fore.. get ahold of yourselves people... the hysteria that you show/share is going to be what makes you ill!!

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '14

I think why they suspected ebola does matter. He refused medical treatment according to the article. Rite Aid made this news, a full story would be nice.

LV Mom
Oct '14

Kay1011, I think when a person is expelling his bodily fluids in a public place it does matter. He could have infected everyone in the store therefore it becomes their business. If he was ill enough for them to suspect ebola then maybe he should have been at the hospital and not the local pharmacy.

"Thank you, US Media, for whipping people into a frenzy" JerryG

Don't forget to add in the Republicans.

"Ebola and ISIS are here and more are coming in over the US border everyday." a quote from the Hannity show

Sen. Thom Tillis R-NC
"Ladies and gentlemen, we have an Ebola outbreak, we have bad actors who can come across the border. We need to seal the border and secure it."

Sen. Scott Brown R-NH
“My concern is with our unprotected border where people with Ebola and other infectious diseases can enter the country without being challenged," Brown said in statement in early October.

Fearless Fearless
Oct '14

Fearless, you are all over the place with your opinions.

In one post, you blame the Republicans for "not handling" and "not calling for investigations" because, according to you, they want ebola here. Then you turn around and blast them for recommending border closures and voicing their concerns.

Pick a side and stick with it.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

No, I'm blasting Republicans for spreading fear and using this situation as a political tool to try and stir up their base. Two people infected in the US is hardly the epidemic they're calling it. Fear mongering is what they do best. It's hardly voicing their concerns.

As far as Texas goes, Rick Perry needs to take responsibility for his state, not Obama. You're all too quick to bash Obama and give Rick Perry a pass.

Fearless Fearless
Oct '14

+ 1000 Fearless

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

This is a human contagion issue. A medical issue. A humanitarian issue. Not everything is about politics. The media has so polarized this country that you don't even realize it when you try to make everything about politics. It's not. It's a health crisis and no politician is to blame, nor will any politician solve the problem. But by all means, continue to see the world in black and white, them vs. us. There are a thousands shades of grey in life and it's astounding to me how Americans are by and large blind to them. It's like we don't want to dig deeper, think harder, and discuss reality. Everything is a knee-jerk reaction - they are bad, and to blame. We are good, and we have all the answers. NO ONE has the answers to this problem of ebola, and because that is so damn frightening, you don't even want to consider it or realize it.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

You mean simple truths like to stop the spread of Ebola in America you have to go to Africa?

Or since there are no direct flights from affected countries, how can you stop flights from these countries to the US? (You stop the VISAs, not the flights)

Or if you do stop the flights, how do our sick DRs and volunteers get home?

Oct '14

Do you know that the flu kills more people in this world then Ebola? AND that's with immunizations!!

I am not buying into the hype our media has put forth! Live your life use hand sanitizer stay away from coughing people.

Christine Christine
Oct '14

How do our sick doctors and volunteers get home? Military or Charter flights arranged by the government.

kb2755 kb2755
Oct '14

Drunks throw up in bars fairly often . What are we going to do close down every watering hole every time someone pukes ? Or maybe there will be puking and non puking sections.

jereycash5
Oct '14

Rebecka, you read my mind.

Mark, "picking sides" has nothing to do with solving problems - only creating them.

justintime justintime
Oct '14

I didn't mean "pick sides" as far as Republican vs. Democrat, just to be consistent with his criticisms, because some of the comments in this thread didn't jive with what he said on the other ebola topic.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

What can the public personally use to help protect themselves against ebola? Does hand sanitizers, Clorox wipes or Lysol spray kill it?

Really?
Oct '14

"@lvmom&jrt - The 'man' was sick, had fever, vomited ( the need for hazmat) in Rite Aide > had recently come 'back'/from? from a West African country...that was what I heard....cant totally confirm but that is the rumor."

Just so we are clear, there were no reports that any of this is true. It's complete rumor coming from sha44ss who has been known to make outlandish comments. I wouldn't take anything this poster says as FACTS

darwin darwin
Oct '14

I didnt read all the posts here, so I ask, what exactly was the man doing that made the Htown police think he may have had Ebola?

Oct '14

Drunks throw up in bars fairly often . What are we going to do close down every watering hole every time someone pukes ? Or maybe there will be puking and non puking sections.

jereycash5

LMAO

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Oct '14

Christine

Flu kills more people than a nuclear bomb, but that is because nuclear weapons are controlled.

Ebola has the potential to be a world wide endemic if not controlled early.

It has an estimated 30% survival rate and not all is known about it. Much of the data (e.g. 21 day incubation) is 30 years old and based on lab data.

reynolds
Oct '14

FYI: I got a 50% survival rate from WHO and that ranges from 10% to 75% depending mostly on what country you are in.

Containment is the key.

Oct '14

They are talking about this incident right now on the radio 101.5! Sounds like we are the laughingstock!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Oct '14

They are talking about this incident right now on the radio 101.5! Sounds like we are the laughingstock!

H-town Mama

And a lot of you were worried that "certain" people standing on the corner made the town look bad.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Oct '14

Clyde - "certain" people don't worry me, "a lot of you" does. Dozens of people tell me the same regularly. ;-)

People vomit in bars? I've never seen that. Feelin' kinda fancy now :)

This was one of the topics on 101.5 tonight. I was surprised to hear the callers describe Hackettstown as affluent and rural.

"People vomit in bars? I've never seen that"

ive seen people at the bar so drunk that they got sick , stumbled to the rest room to throw up, come right back out to the bar and order another drink. just like that .

sad. very sad,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

I called it a 'rumor' darwin and said I couldn't confirm it ....I was turned away at Rite Aide that evening as they shut down, and then later on in a grocery store I heard another woman who was actually IN rite aide when it happened telling the story to another woman. Not sure if that woman was embellishing the story either...just telling you what I heard. But....the three things that are being brought up to 'watch for' is fever>vomiting& shortly after air travel ( coming here from West Africa or other) and I dont think they would have called hazmat if he didn't meet their criteria!

What if he DID have Ebola and no one had bothered to check it out!? Then we would have looked 'incompetent' so let them laugh!!

As far as my 'outlandish' comments go ...I don't hide the fact that I think our Country is in the worst shape it has ever been in my lifetime! I dont hide the fact that I think our President is just a puppet and a Communist one at that! and now actually I believe he is a Islamist one too at that! and NO I dont believe he was even born here in Hawaii either! No True American would hate America as much as he does!! so you can call me a Birther too! Marginalizing your enemy is what all good little Communists are taught to do. My grandparents fled a Communist Country to come here..."Legally!!' (Never got a handout) and assimilated to our Nations Laws and taught us to work hard and LOVE America ! They taught us to recognize **Communism* and so I cried the day BHO was elected and NOT because he was black! Because I KNEW what he meant when he said he was going to TOTALLY TRANSFORM AMERICA! ..and he has! He IS one of the most successful Presidents ever because he has accomplished (illegally and unconstitutionally)(with the help of our do nothing congress)everything he has set out to do including DIVIDE us as American people! Rich vs Poor>Black vs White> Men vs Women>Left vs Right... that is why you wont consider taking what I say as fact= because I am a Conservative and you are a Liberal. Only Liberals are allowed to have their say!! It is total Madness & Chaos in this country unlike any other time in our History! " A NATION WITHOUT BORDERS IS NOT A NATION" by Ronald Reagan > Terrorism/ Illegals/ Disease/ Gangs/ Crime>>> I am not afraid for ME....I am afraid for my kids and Grandkids.! I wish the SWHTF NOW....so we might have a chance to fix it! Our kids have already been conditioned to the 'Global Community'...> complacency in a steadily deteriorating situation...> like frogs sitting in a slow simmering pot of water until it boils and then they die! We are screwed!

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

Bonv,

That surprised me too! I didn't hear the affluent part, but one woman from Long Valley was going on about how Hackettstown is "really rural" and it is all just farmland out here.

Obviously, she doesnt know anything about the area. How stupid! Wish I had heard the program, I would have called in to correct her. People think because you or a business have a Htown mailing address, you are in Htown. WRONG!!

Oct '14

"because I am a Conservative and you are a Liberal. Only Liberals are allowed to have their say!! It "

I love being called a Liberal. i've voted for more Republicans than Democratics since i've been old enough to vote.

But other than that, great rant!

darwin darwin
Oct '14

Coming from a actual rural area I am often surprised when people say that about any part of NJ :>) And yes, I think Long Valley is very different than Hackettstown.

"I dont hide the fact that I think our President is just a puppet and a Communist one at that! and now actually I believe he is a Islamist one too at that! and NO I dont believe he was even born here in Hawaii either! No True American would hate America as much as he does!!"

"My grandparents..... taught us to work hard and LOVE America !"

And so we do that by hating anyone who believes in America but has different views that yours. Obama may not be perfect, may not have lived up to the hype, but he is all American sharing the views of many Americans.

Oct '14

An Islamist Communist Puppet.... this Christmas season's "Tickle Me Elmo"? I can see them flying off the shelves at Wal-Mart, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

LOL, better order yours now ianimal.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Yeah, but don't trust that "Made in Hawaii USA" label; it's foreign fer sure.

And don't expect your kids to play with it on the weekend; it always goes with Dad to the golf course.

Oct '14

Having lived in major cities, H'town is pretty darn rural to me. I suppose if you compare us to the endless cornfields of Iowa, we're practically a metropolis. All depends on your point of reference, I think. If you don't put H'town in the "rural" category, what category do you put us in? Suburbs??

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

I wouldn't think of H'town proper as rural. It is in the center or a rural area though. Just like you can't consider P'burg rural, but drive a couple miles and you are on country roads for sure.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

" If you don't put H'town in the "rural" category, what category do you put us in? Suburbs??"

I think suburban fits, for the most part.

We don't meet a lot of features that can define "rural".

http://www.ruralappraisals.com/Rural%20vs%20Suburban%20Neighborhoods.pdf

We have:

* Plenty of small lots (0.25 acres or less).
* Few dirt/gravel road.
* Sidewalks, sewer, public water, natural gas, street lights, etc.
* Industrial, commercial, retail developments and local hospitals/medical centers.

and more...

Sure the fringes start to turn agricultural, but Hackettstown itself is minimally "rural".

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

Exurbia !

However, I have found a few places you can stand on a ridge top, look "forever" to the horizon and not see a house. Takes the right nearby hills though.

Oct '14

And the topic has officially been killed lol

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Oct '14

http://7online.com/health/passenger-who-arrived-at-newark-airport-being-evaluated-for-ebola/360399/

So we aren't the only ones with a 'false alarm'!

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

There is a huge difference between an International airport being on high alert about someone coming in from a country where Ebola is present vs a small town pharmacy

There have been no reports of the nationality of the supposed symptoms of the guy at the rite aid.

Darwin Darwin
Oct '14

"There have been no reports of the nationality of the supposed symptoms of the guy at the rite aid."

Darwin

Only on HL do symptoms have a nationality! :):)

Ha i just noticed that. i meant to write "or" instead of "of"

darwin darwin
Oct '14

I was there today. No symptoms yet. ;) Oh forgot, have to wait 21 days.

Oct '14

So this ends in a lawsuit....

http://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2015/10/man_wrongly_detained_when_pharmacist_suspected_he.html#incart_river

I guess he didn't like the bill, when it arrived. I do not believe he was discriminated against. At the time, the whole country was testing everyone who had those symptoms, AND who was recently or in this case (according to the plaintiffs) 5 months had been in a high Ebola area. This disease would be devastating to us, as up until recently, Ebola has never been in the USA. All medical facilities and pharmacies were on high alert and had certain protocols put in place.
Another frivolous lawsuit. If I came back from a trip from that area, say I was helping medics or whatever , and displayed those symptoms, I would beg them to look into it further so I wouldn't be responsible for many deaths.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Oct '15

Once the man said he had been in this country for 5 months, not in the carrier countries, he should have been ruled out as a suspected ebola carrier. I'd say perhaps he was detained illegally, so maybe throw him a few bucks. Very few. Depends what he said from minute 1 to keep people suspicious. On the plus side, he probably got some great, maybe free, medical attention for his diarrhea.

So now the pharmacies will no longer be offering advice on medications....!??

Steven Steven
Oct '15

Steven, the pharmacy employee ran out to the parking lot and pretended to have advice, just to keep the man there until the health department showed up. Proper advice had already been given before the ruse, albeit a well intentioned ruse.

My point is.....now a lawsuit....the pharmacies will stop offering advice

Steven Steven
Oct '15

Good for him! They were wrong in detaining him. JMO!

Oct '15

Advice is given when you ask for it. I don't see anywhere in the job description that says a pharmacist has the right to detain people. If pharmacies stop giving advice, then so be it. Call your doctor.

Ebola just became another reason for people to act hysterically. 10k people die a year from dwi's. Why don't people just go to all the bars and detain the customers until they're proven sober? Oh, that's right, it would infringe on YOUR right to be a drunk and we wouldn't want that.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '15

eman.....drunks get their problem from a bottle of alcohol...EBOLA is cured how ???

Oh that's right...THERE IS NO CURE....how could anyone compare the two ??

Steven Steven
Oct '15

? the local constabulary detained the party - everything else was a well meaning ruse - whats the point. the parties in this suit have been aptly identified.

Skippy Skippy
Oct '15

whooping cough, malaria, and several other diseases ( contagious ones ) this country had eradicated, will be surfacing further with the influx of persons from other countries pouring in .
I believe the person in the pharmacy did the right thing in being pro active and there should be no consequences for showing concern of the general public.

just my opinion..

Steven Steven
Oct '15

http://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/west-african-man-suing-north-jersey-pharmacy-hospital-invasive-ebola-testing

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.